PGHW 2012: The Pride In Conquest

Spirit Chase Tour Schedule

This week bears witness to the semi-finals of the Elite Series, as the four legendary men clash in what are expected to be fantastic matches, as we see the leaders of two rivals groups, the Honour Sekigun and Team ENDANGER, Mito Miwa and Yoshimi Mushashibo respectively, facing off on Night Five of our Spirit Chase Tour, and Eisaku Kunomasu taking on Shuji Inukai on Night Six. Regardless of who wins this week, we are guaranteed a fantastic match to cap off what has been a great series so far.

To round out Night Five, we have KitoSuda again taking teaching duty as they take on Kazushige Matsuki, who is returning from a three month stint in SAISHO, and Totoya Munakata. Will KitoSuda be victorious? Or will the Matsuki make an impact immediately? We then have a rare gaijin vs gaijin match up as the Swedish Crippler, Nigel Svensson, takes on Mohamed El Yaagooudi. Both are known for their deadly strikes, Nigel his punches and Mohamed his kicks, so who will emerge on top of this near brawl?

Following his partner’s defeat last week, Kalu Owusu looks to pick up a successful debut victory, but this will be no easy task, as he faces one of the toughest fighters this company has to offer, Noriyori Sanda. Given that there have been hints around the internet at Owusu joining the Gaijin Sekigun, will this match become an extension of that blood feud?

Night Five also features a second Honour Sekigun vs. Team ENDANGER match up as Akinori Kwakami puts his Historical Japan title on the line against ENDANGER’s Masaru Ugaki. Management believe that Ugaki deserved a singles shot following his recent success, and could possibly be heading into his tag title match against Team Toronto at Night of PRIDE already holding a title if he gets the victory here. Will Kwakami put a bump in Ugaki’s stride? Or will ENDANGER deal a critical blow to their rivals by taking one of their titles?

Night Six features some good openers as Kwakami and Sanda are in action again, this time teaming up to take on the young team of Matsuki and Cameron Vessey, followed by Nigel Svensson facing Kimitada Yanagita. We then have what would have been a Gaijin Sekigun vs Gaijin Sekigun match as Dread & Holmes were scheduled to take on The American Express, but due to Holmes’ injury Kumasaka will be replacing him. This adds a new dynamic to the match, as Danger is known for not being that up on the Gaijin Sekigun, and could use this match to prove their weakness should he get the win. Will Dread even work with him?

Ryoma Murayama is then in action against Dog of War member, Kalu Owusu, while his partner Masaru Ugaki looks to get a one up on the teams opponents at Night of PRIDE when he takes on Lee Bennett in singles action before we hit our main event of Inukai vs Kunomasu.

Night Five

Venue: Kanagawa Sports Field

Tag Team

Matsuki & Munakata vs. KitoSuda

Singles

Nigel Svensson vs. Mohamed El Yaaggoudi

Singles

Kalu Owusu vs. Noriyori Sanda

Singles

For the PGHW Historical Japan title

Akinori Kwakami© vs. Masaru Ugaki

Elite Series Round 2

Singles

Mito Miwa vs. Yoshimi Musashibo

Night Six

Venue: Tochigi Sports Stadium

Tag Team

Kwakami & Sanda vs. Cameron Vessey & Matsuki

Singles

Kimitada Yanagita vs. Nigel Svensson

Tag Team

Dread & Kumasaka vs. The American Express

Singles

Kalu Owusu vs. Ryoma Muruyama

Singles

Masaru Ugaki vs. Lee Bennett

Elite Series Round 2

Singles

Eisaku Kunomasu vs. Shuji Inukai

Predictions always welcome

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Night Five

Tag Team

KitoSuda are former Glory Tag Crown champs, whereas Matsuki and Munakata are not.

Singles

I'll be honest - I really have no idea who's going to win. I just like Svensson more.

Singles

Sanda is one of the best young all-rounders in the game, and a PGHW loyalist to boot. He takes the win in what could be a surprisingly good match.

Singles

Kind of a shock pick to have a title change on a tour show, but I can see Ugaki pulling it off. This of course is because I'm a HUGE Ugaki mark. :D

Elite Series Round 2

Singles

I've always thought of Miwa being ultra-solid, but the least spectacular of the big five, so I don't see him toppling the best wrestler in company, and the Glory Crown champion.

Night Six

Tag Team

This one seems like an easy call, with sheer experience taking the win here. To be fair, I DO like Cameron Vessey, but I've never been a fan of Matsuki. I've always thought of him as a GCG-type wrestler in PGHW.

Singles

Unless this is the start of a push for Svensson, I don't see him getting back to back wins, and so Yanagita gets the W here.

Tag Team

Even though they're not a regular tag team, Dread & Kumasaka are too good on their own to fall here.

Singles

This one could go either way, as it's a big clash of styles. If Owusu can use his strength to his advantage, he could easily take it, but I see Muruyama's speed being the deciding factor.

Singles

This one will really depend on whether or not Ugaki can unseat Kwakami as the Historical Japan champion - if he does, he'll win; if he doesn't, he'll lose. Since I picked him to be champion, I'll take him again here.

Elite Series Round 2

Singles

I feel as though Inukai is the better of the two, and with his amazing match with Vessey leading into this one, he definitely has momentum. However, he is a member of Team ENDANGER, and he would need to face Mushashibo in the finals.

Night Five

Tag Team

Former Tag champs should get the win

Singles

The better prospect

Singles

Lower end gaijin's don't get wins over reasonably established home grown talent.

Singles

A title switch here is a definite possibility but I'll go the opposite way to Mr Sideburns.

Elite Series Round 2

Singles

What Mr Sideburns said about this match, I completely agree with.

Night Six

Tag Team

Two of the best up-coming young talents in PGHW should be able to see of a pair of gaijin jobbers

Singles

Have to agree with Sideburns assessment again regarding this match, just don't see Svensson winning two on the trot.

Tag Team

The Express aren't quite over enough to get the win over the well past their sell by date, but still obviously very popular veterans.

Singles

The homegrown talent rising up the card over the lower level gaijin rules applys for this match.

Singles

The Ugaki matches are the only one's where I feel I will differ on Mr Sideburns and that's not a knock on Ugaki, I just see him coming out on the losing end of a couple of tough matches.

Elite Series Round 2

Singles

A Team Dynasty 2000 showdown could be intresting but I see Kunomasu edging out what could be on paper another MOTYC.

• 3 weeks later...

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #5

Held at the Kanagawa Sports Field

Tuesday, Week 3, March 2012

Attendance = 4,750

Announcers = Keiji Takeda, Ryu Kajahara and Sosa Morri

Pre-Show

Coleman & Ferdinand def. Cameron Vessey and Kimitada Yanagita - C – Coleman caught Vessey with the Pioneer’s Twist (a running swing neckbreaker) around five minutes in.

Match 1: KitoSuda vs. Munakata & Matsuki

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ChojiroKitoaji_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TetsunoriYasuda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TotoyaMunakata_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KazushigeMatsuki.jpg

KitoSuda came to the ring looking very happy, most likely due to their great match last week, and shook hands with the fans at ringside on their way down to the ring, while Munakata and Matsuki look pissed off, most likely due to neither man having a win to their name yet, as this is Matsuki’s first match while Totoya fell to the now injured Holmes. When the bell rang, it was Kitoaji in against Munakata, and the young lion showed a more vicious side to him than last week, managing to catch Kitoaji’s arm when he tried to punch and then place him in an arm wringer before tripping him up and locking him in a fujiwara armbar style hold. The young former champion looked to be in a lot of pain and in danger as he tried to grasp for the ropes, only just being able to fight his way over to the ropes and force Munakata to back off. Totoya then tagged out to Matsuki, and the big bruiser eagerly stepped into the ring, waiting for Kitoaji to get to his feet.

This was a bad decision however, because as soon as Chojiro was up, he was able to duck a clothesline attempt and then began to unload all his anger from the last couple of minutes on his elder opponent, hitting chops, forearms and a particularly vicious elbow right to the bridge of the nose that knocked the big man to the mat. Kitoaji rushed over to Munakata and kicked him off the apron before tagging in Yasuda, who continued the beatdown on Matsuki, hitting a snap suplex before signalling to his partner. Kitoaji waited at the ropes while Yasuda showed his strength by lifting Matsuki up for a powerbomb. As soon as this was done, Kitoaji raced forward and nailed a leaping lariat while Yasuda followed up with a powerbomb and going for the cover. This combination is called the CKTY Devastation, a combo that won the team their only tag title, and the result was the same here, as Matsuki was out cold from the double impact, allowing KitoSuda to get the amazingly dominant win.

Winner: KitoSuda in 4:39 by pinfall on Matsuki by Yasuda – B

Match 2: Mohamed El Yaaggoudi vs. Nigel Svensson.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MohamedElYaaggoudi.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NigelSvensson.jpg

Both men made their ways down to the ring with a look of confidence, each man seeming to be sure they would come out on top. After the referee checked both men, they began to warm up by throwing practice shots before meeting in the middle. The bell rang and both men shot out with kicks that each connected. Mohamed kick had more power behind it though and winded the Swedish Crippler, who dropped down to one knee, but when Mohamed tried to follow up with a running boot to the head Nigel leapt up to his feet, caught the extended limb, and tossed his opponent to the mat with a big dragon screw leg whip. The Kickboxer cringed before getting back up to his feet, and when he tried to charge in again his leg gave way, leaving him open for a vicious running knee to the chin from Nigel, who went for the cover, only to have a two count.

The two then engaged in a brief period of mat wrestling, which Nigel again came out on top of with a few well placed forearms, one of which forced Mohamed to release an armbar, leaving him open to a headscissors. The Moroccan Warrior was able to get out of it though and got back up, closely followed by Nigel, who booted him in the gut and whipped him across the ring. When he came back the Swedish star tried to nail a clothesline, only to have Mohamed leap into the air and connect with a spin kick right to the face, knocking him straight to the mat. Mohamed tried to go for the cover, but only got a one count, Nigel showing his resilience by kicking out almost immediately. Mohamed was ready to finish this match already, and pulled Nigel up to his feet, but when he tried to go for a brainbuster the Swedish man was able to counter it into a nice snap suplex, Mohamed cringing as soon as he hit the mat, before signalling to the fans and pulling down his knee pad. The former kickboxer had no idea what was going on as he got up to one knee, but when he did it was too late, as Nigel came charging forward and nailed the Wigan Slash, a running knee to the face, which knocked Mohamed out cold, allowing Nigel to come out on top of this very short match, which got the fans going for some reason.

Winners: Nigel Svensson by pinfall in 3:40 - B

Match 3: Kalu Owusu vs. Noriyori Sanda

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KaluOwusu.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NoriyoriSanda.jpg

Kalu Owusu came out to a moderate reaction, due to being known for a recent run in INSPIRE, coming close to defeating Tadiyuki Kikkawa, while the fans nearly blew off the off when Sanda came out, jumping on the spot before racing down to the ring and posing in the middle for the fans. He removed his cape and handed it to an official, but just as he turned around Owusu was already on him, pounding away with a series of stiff punches to the back of the head and neck, causing Sanda to crumple under the barrage in the corner. The referee tried to get between them, but Owusu just shoved him out of the way and began to kick away at the chest of the homegrown star. The fans were showering him with boos, and he took a few moments break to look out at the crowd with a smirk before flipping the bird at them and tried to go for another kick. However, he had taken too long with the crowd, allowing Sanda to find himself again, and the star caught his leg before levelling him with a stiff lariat.

Sanda took a few more moments to recover before pulling the big gaijin up to his feet, but when he tried to whip him across the ring the big man stayed put and then nailed a strong forearm that sent Sanda staggering backwards before following up with a running knee to the gut that doubled over the Dynamic Man. Kalu swore at the crowd again before going for a power bomb, but when he went for the lift Sanda was able to flip out of it almost effortlessly and nail a pointed elbow to the side of the head that stunned the big man before running to the ropes and coming back with a big dropkick straight to the face, getting great elevation. It didn’t send him down however, Kalu keep both feet firmly on the ground, and when Sanda went for another big dropkick, the gaijin was able to side step it and then kick Sanda in the gut as he came down, causing him to grimace and curl into a ball in pain. The big man then let out a hearty laugh as he playfully kicked his opponent in the side, and after rolling him onto his back he ran to the ropes, attempting to nail a jumping elbow drop, but Sanda was able to roll out of the way just in time. When Kalu was trying to get up, the veteran native capitalised with a dropkick to the side of the head before using the corner to prop himself up.

Kalu shook his head before getting up to his feet, and when he saw Sanda he ran towards him, aiming to hit a corner splash, but Sanda was able to backflip over the top rope, and then frontflipped back in with a slingshot head scissors that sent the big man tumbling across the ring. He got back up to his feet fairly quickly though, and continued his attack, only to get blasted with the Sanda Series, the final leaping back kick to the face sending him staggering backwards before flopping to the mat in the centre of the ring. Sanda saw his chance and pointed to the sky, causing the crowd to cheer very loudly, and climbed the turnbuckles, before coming off the top with the Dynamo Elbow, getting ridiculous hangtime and grace behind it. He struck home with the blow, landing right on top of Kalu’s sternum, and hooked the leg, getting the victory in a solid match.

Winner: Noriyori Sanda by pinfall in 9:35 – B

Match 4: Akinori Kwakami© vs. Masaru Ugaki

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_Historical.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AkinoriKwakami.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasaruUgaki.jpg

Kwakami came out proudly showing off his belt, which he has held for nine months now, and the fans greet him warmly, something he is happy to hear as he bows down in appreciation once he entered the ring. Ugaki however didn’t really seem to care about anything but the chances of taking away the title tonight, as he blanked out everybody and focused purely on Kwakami. They stayed at opposite ends of the ring but as soon as the bell rang, they charged into the centre and locked up, the fans already cheering their favourites on. The first lock up resulted in a stalemate as neither man gave any ground, so they broke off and circled each other. The fans were now evenly split down the middle, and the two men took a moment to smile at the crowd before rushing in again. This time, Kwakami is able to use his superior strength to force Ugaki over backwards onto the mat, but just when he tries to transition it into an armbar the younger man is able to nail a lightning fast kick to the head that causes the champ to fall on his butt grabbing his head.

Masaru is quick to follow up, as he begins to batter away at the champs left arm with a series of knees before throwing him into the middle of the ring with a victory style armbar. Kwakami refused to give up already though and fought his way to the ropes, and as he began to pull himself up to his feet Ugaki tried to run in and nail an arc kick, but the champ was able to matrix under it, receiving some applause from the fans for doing so, and then nailed a stiff elbow that stunned the challenger before locking him in an arm wringer. Ugaki tried to reach for the ropes, and just when it seemed like he could reach it, the champ threw him near the centre of the ring, almost as if repaying what the challenger did to him earlier, and locked in a tight armbar, also applying a chickenwing on the other arm. This had Masaru writhing in pain, and he was barely able to get to the ropes, his foot just scraping before landing on the bottom rope. The champ let him go, but Ugaki just dropped to the mat, looking fairly out of it. This is basically what happened for the rest of this match until the closing, a technical showcase that rivalled the Mushashibo/Garner match from last week, before becoming a bit more brutal as the time limit began to get closer.

Ugaki had been in control for the last few minutes, especially after hitting a sambo suplex, dumping the champ on his head. He set about locking him in a double grounded chickenwing, but the champ kept on fighting and refused to tap out. He was able to get to the ropes, and what followed was a brutal standing battle, as the two men exchanged elbows and forearms straight to the face but seemed to show no effect until Kwakami slugged the challenger with a punch across the jaw, causing Ugaki to drop down to one knee. When he tried to set him up for the Red Star Neckbreaker, a Widows Peak, Ugaki was able to flip out of it, land on his feet, and then attempt a neckbreaker of his own. The champ was able to reverse this into a Northern Lights Suplex attempt, only to have Ugaki drop down to the mat, preventing him from lifting him up. Kwakami quickly back tracked out of there, knowing he could easily be stuck in a headlock, and the two began to exchange blows again, and just when Ugaki was able to break free suddenly and nail the Arc Kick out of nowhere, sending Kwakami into the ropes, the bell rang to signal the time limit had expired, which while it left some fans disappointed, they still applauded the two men loudly for the technique showed in the ring during the match.

Winner: Time Limit Draw at 15:00 – B+

Match 5: Mito Miwa vs. Yoshimi Musashibo.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MitoMiwa.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/YoshimiMushashibo.jpg

The atmosphere heading into this one was massive, as not only was it a Leader vs Leader battle on a tour show, but also a battle between two legends of the business who both toppled tough opponents to head into this semi-final. You could cut the tension with a knife when the bell was rung, as neither man moved and the crowd steadily got louder before both men exploded and ran towards the other. Miwa began to unleash his trademark elbow and forearm smashes, while Yoshimi fired back with his signature chops, but neither man budged an inch until they both backed away to the nearest ring ropes to relax. Miwa’s chest was bright red and Yoshimi barely looked with it given the impact of those elbows. After a quick break they began to circle again, and upon clashing engaged in that same epic standoff, except this time Miwa was able to gain control after hitting two quick consecutive forearms right to the nose that stunned the ENDANGER Leader, then whipped him across the ring. When he came back, he tried to go for a leaping lariat, but Yoshimi jumped up and nail a knee lift to the outstretched arm that caused Miwa to yell in pain and grab at the limb once he hit the mat. Yoshimi fared little better however, those elbows and forearms really taking their toll, as he slumped in the corner.

The fans were still loudly cheering, and Miwa used this energy to get up to his feet, although favouring his now weakened arm, and went to pull Yoshimi out of the corner. After pulling him up to his feet he hit another stiff forearm that caused Yoshimi to flop into the turnbuckles before bouncing out of the corner and nailing a kesagiri right to the throat of Miwa, who crumpled to the mat. The veteran didn’t let up here though, using energy reserves to lock Miwa in a tight headscissors, slowly yet surely squeezing the life out of him. Mito fought on however, eventually managing to make it to the ropes and forcing Yoshimi to let go, but he just got frustrated and began to kick away at the face and gut of Miwa, causing the Pride Warrior to cringe and grab his stomach in pain, before pulling him up to his feet. Miwa tried to fire back with forearms, hoping to gain some time to recover, but Yoshimi was able to block them and then nailed another kesagiri to the side of the head, stunning Miwa, before taking him up and over with a vertical suplex, holding him up there for quite some time to show off. He went for the cover almost right after, but only got a two count, causing the fans to applaud Miwa’s resilience. Mushashibo however, couldn’t have cared less, and eagerly yanked his opponent up to his feet and whipped him across the ring. When he came back he tried to nail a flapjack, but Miwa caught him out of nowhere with a leaping forearm to face that took him off his feet.

Miwa took this time to get some breath back, but when he noticed his rival was slowly getting up to his feet he quickly nailed a knee to the gut before locking in a Camel Clutch. Yoshimi was fortunately close to the ropes, and managed to grab a hold of one, but Miwa back tracked into the middle of the ring, and Yoshimi was in a bad spot, being bent in near half. He held on though, eventually summoning the energy to get to the ropes again, and when Miwa tried to pull him up to his feet he kicked him in the knee, almost out of desperation. This didn’t stop the Pride Warrior though, who pulled Yoshimi up to his feet, nailed a few quick forearms for good measure, and then whipped him across the ring. When he came back, Miwa tried to go for a lariat, perhaps to end the match, but Yoshimi ducked under the arm and then nailed a flash German Suplex out of nowhere. This dumped Miwa right on top of his head, and left him open for Yoshimi to begin the Mushashibo Plex combinations, first hitting #1, a crossface chickenwing suplex, then #2, a side chickenwing suplex, slowly damaging the arm of his rival, before capping it off with the Mushashibo-Plex III, a chickenwing pumphandle suplex, again dumping his rival right on top of his head. However, when he went for the cover, Miwa was able to kick out just in time, causing Yoshimi to slap the mat and confront the referee out of anger, while the fans almost exploded with cheers for their favourite.

When Yoshimi turned back around to face Miwa, his rival was on one knee, and he began to taunt him before nailing a sharp chop to the chest that knocked him onto his back, but when Yoshimi went for the cover again, Miwa kicked out before hitting a Flash Point Elbow out of nowhere, nailing Yoshimi right in the back of the head. This gave Miwa some time to breath, as Yoshimi was temporarily out of it from the impact. When he went on the attack, the Pride Warrior lifted up his rival and whipped him across the ring. As he came back, Miwa went for a lariat, but when he saw Yoshimi ducking underneath it he quickly lifted his knee up, catching Yoshimi with a kitchen sink instead, flipping him over. Both men traded control for the remainder of the match up, with each man working over their opponent’s weak spots, until the final minute. Yoshimi was ready to finish it all with the Yoshimi Explosion ’10, a spinning wrist-clutch exploder suplex, but Miwa was able to break the hold, and nailed a spinning back elbow right to the jaw of his rival, who staggered backwards. Before he could figure out what was happening, Miwa quickly rushed behind him and nailed the Amphora Clutch Suplex, and bridged it for the cover, getting the three count in a very hard fought match that caused the fans to give a standing ovation. When he eventually came to and realised he had lost, Mushashibo slapped the mat in anger before storming to the back.

Winner: Mito Miwa by pinfall in 16:45 – A

Summary:

KitoSuda def. Munakata & Matsuki – B

Nigel Svensson def. Mohamed El Yaaggoudi – B

Noriyori Sanda def. Kalu Owusu – B

Akinori Kwakami drew with Masaru Ugaki – B+

Mito Miwa def. Yoshimi Musashibo - A

Overall = A

Notes: Another great show once again, with the main eventers producing another MOTYC, but Kwakami/Ugaki also showed just how much of a threat they may be in time with their great match. Good to know as well that I surprised or went against the norm with booking this show, with the draw between Kwakami/Ugaki and having Miwa pin Musashibo. Also really sorry about the ridiculous wait between my last post and this, I was swamped at school, and only got round to writing this show about an hour and a half ago. I am back on form and the next show will be up tomorrow/early saturday morning I promise :)

• 2 weeks later...

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #6

Held at the Tochigi Sports Stadium

Friday, Week 3, March 2012

Attendance = 9,436

Pre-Show

Coleman & Ferdinand def. Mohamed & Sarumara - C – Coleman again got the pinfall here with the Pioneer’s Twist on Mohamed

Match 1: Kwakami & Sanda vs. Cameron Vessey & Kazushige Matsuki

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AkinoriKwakami.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NoriyoriSanda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/CameronVessey.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KazushigeMatsuki.jpg

The two youngsters came out with a combined happy yet focused look on their faces, obviously knowing the challenge they had ahead of them. Matsuki decided to start the match for his team, and when the bell rang Kwakami stood opposite him. After initially circling each other, the big man tried to charge in with a potentially match ending punch right to the jaw, but the veteran Kwakami was able to side step it and then nailed the big man with a series of chops to the chest. To his credit, Matsuki just absorbed all the blows and tried to go back on the offensive again, unloading with a few knees to the gut before running to the ropes. However, when he came back Kwakami was able to catch him with a running forearm then a neckbreaker that took him straight to the mat. The Historical Japan champ then kept the match where he was most confident, the mat, locking the big youngster in a few quick holds before cinching in a knee lock. Each time Matsuki tried to break free Kwakami just applied a different variation, and it seemed like we were going to see the end of the match already, but Vessey came running in and booted Kwakami across the face, breaking the hold.

Matsuki was initially able to steal control after this, as Kwakami was too dazed from the kick to resist anything, and Matsuki came dangerously close to nailing the Fist of Fury, a running jumping punch right between the eyes. However, when he was just about to hit it the champ was able to duck the shot before shouldering the big man in the gut and hitting a strong forearm that sent him staggering backwards. Vessey tagged himself in when the big man slumped in their corner, only to get dominated by Kwakami for a minute before he tagged into Sanda. The Dynamic star easily dominated the young gaijin with several stiff blows right to the face, and when he was stunned, sent him high overhead with a release German Suplex. Vessey barely had any time to recover, as Sanda quickly rushed up top and nailed the Dynamo Elbow for the victory, Kwakami rushing in to stop a still strong Matsuki from breaking the cover.

Winner: Kwakami & Sanda in 5:40 by pinfall – B-

Match 2: Kimitada Yanagita vs. Nigel Svensson.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KimitadaYanagita.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NigelSvensson.jpg

The big native Yanagita did not look happy at all, having seen both himself and his partner lose their debuts. When Svensson came out to the ring, he instantly set himself on the gaijin, nailing a stiff kick to the side of the face as Nigel rolled in, causing the referee to start the match. The big man kept on the assault, going around in a circle and kicking away at the writhing Swiss fighter, but when he decided to take a run up, Nigel was able to summon a burst of energy, grab the extended leg, and whip him down to the mat with an amazingly fast Dragon Screw Legwhip. Yana cringed in pain and held his knee briefly before getting up to his feet, only to be sent down to his knees when Nigel unleashed a series of kicks to the weakened joint. The gaijin seemed to focus in on it, as after Yana pushed him away to allow him to get up, Nigel quickly rolled up to his feet and nailed a sliding elbow right to the side of the knee, causing the big man to yell out in pain and flop onto his back.

The gaijin dragged the big man into the middle of the ring, kicked the knee, then locked him quickly in a figure four leglock, constantly throwing himself back and slapping the mat to add more pressure. Kimitada was in absolute agony, but used his superior strength and size to throw himself onto his front, reversing the hold into an Indian Deathlock, forcing Nigel to release and back off. From that point on for the rest of the match, whenever the big man started to get some steam going, such as at one point nailing a top rope powerslam for a close two count, Nigel returned to the weakened knee, stopping Kimi dead in his tracks and allowing him time to rest. In the final minute, Yanagita kicked Nigel in the gut with his good leg before spinning the smaller man round and pointing into the air. Quickly grabbing the waist of Nigel he tried to take him up and over for the Yanagita Crush, a vicious backdrop driver, but the smaller man was able to kick him in the weak knee, forcing him to let go. Nigel then ran to the ropes before hitting a running kick to the knee again, sending Yanagita down to his knee. But the smaller man didn’t stop there, bouncing off the other ropes, then off the original set, before nailing a sickening Wigan Slash right to the face of the big man, who flopped to the mat lifeless. Nigel scurried over and made the cover, getting a strong victory.

Winners: Nigel Svensson by pinfall in 10:43 - B-

Match 3: Dread & Danger Kumasaka vs. The American Express

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/Dread.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/DangerKumasaka.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/JoshuaTaylor_alt2.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/WilliamHayes_alt8.jpg

Dread looked less than happy to be teaming with Kumasaka tonight, but Danger didn’t seem to care, still looking focused and ready to go. Hayes and Taylor shook hands with Dread but blew off Danger, who repaid that gesture with a slap to each of their faces before clotheslining them both. And with that the match started with Danger in against Hayes. The veteran went right to work, picking apart the gaijin’s right arm, locking in a tight arm bar, occasionally getting up to his feet to nail an elbow drop to the joint, each time Hayes cringing in pain and trying to reach for the ropes. It was to no avail until Taylor had had enough and ran into the ring to kick the veteran, forcing him to release Hayes. Danger unfortunately fell into the trap and began to focus on Taylor, hitting a few forearms before whipping him across the ring, yet when he came back he was able to land on his feet from a back body drop attempt, before getting caught with an Uppercut/German Suplex combo from the youngsters, with Hayes going for the cover. Danger was able to kick out just in time, and for a while afterwards, Hayes was in complete control.

The young gaijin began to sense blood in the water after a roaring uppercut sent Danger to the mat, and began to set him up for the Slick Trick, but the veteran was able to just slip out of the move in time and hit a forearm to the back of Hayes head, sending him staggering forwards, but rushing to his corner and tagging in Dread. The big gaijin lumbered into the ring and brutalised his stable mate. As soon as Hayes was up to his feet, Dread kicked him in the gut and nailed a few clubbing blows to the back, the third one sending Hayes down to the mat cringing and groaning in pain. The big man continued the attack with a few stomps to the back before pulling Hayes back up and whipping him into the corner. He mimicked shooting his stable mate before trying to go for the Onrushing Terror, a high speed avalanche, but Hayes was able to roll out of the way just in time and tagged in Taylor. Having basically hit nothing but turnbuckle, Dread was dazed, and Taylor immediately took advantage with a leaping forearm to the head before hitting a series of uppercuts that had the big man staggered. However, when he tried to go for his signature running corkscrew uppercut, Dread caught him with the Dread Smack right across the face, sending Taylor crumpling to the mat.

Dread mimed going to tag in Kumasaka, but then just swore at his tag partner before continuing the attack. After a few kicks to the side of the head, Dread pulled Taylor back up to his feet and tried to whip him across the ring. However, when he came back, Taylor was able to use a last burst of energy to hit the running corkscrew uppercut, and knocked Dread down to one knee. The younger gaijin saw this and tried to go for the Taylor Made, Hayes heading into the ring to fend off Kumasaka, but Dread proved too hard to lift, and the big man countered with a few back elbows before hitting another Dread Smack to the jaw. Control shifted between the two teams several times, until Dread was back in the ring with Taylor in the final minute. Taylor was actually in control, following a springboard uppercut that sent the big man to the mat, and he signalled to the crowd. However, when he tried to go for the Taylor Made again, Dread simply powered out and ran to the ropes. When he came back he simply steam rolled over his stable mate before heading up to the top rope. Hayes tried to run across the ring apron to stop him, but Danger charged across the ring and nailed the youngster with a solid punch across the head that sent him tumbling off the apron. Dread then pulled off a spectacular Dread Sault on Taylor to get the pinfall in a very good match.

Winner: Dread & Kumasaka in 14:39 by pinfall – B+

Match 4: Kalu Owusu vs. Ryoma Muruyama

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KaluOwusu.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/RyomaMuruyama.jpg

As predicted by a man on the PGHW fan forums, who had great sideburns, this match was a true clash of styles. Luckily however, these two got on quite well in the ring and that helped make it entertaining. As Kalu made his way down to the ring, he made a slitting motion across his throat, signalling that the match was in the bag. Ryoma had different plans however, as he raced down to the ring, the fans already cheering him on, and rolled directly in front of the big man. The smaller man showed no fear and instantly went on the attack, battering away with a series of elbows before running to the ropes. However, when he came back and went for a dropkick, the impact had no effect on the brawler from the Ivory Coast, who stood his ground and yelled at Ryoma. The tag champ tried again, except with a head scissors this time round, only to have Kalu resist again and toss him to the mat with a modified spinebuster. Ryoma cringed in pain and grabbed his back before using the ropes to pull himself up. The big man wasn’t letting up though, as he kicked the smaller man in the gut and whipped him across the ring, levelling him with a shoulder block when he came back.

Ryoma made a comeback a few minutes later, when Kalu tried to go for another irish whip the smaller man showed some good innovation when he reversed it into a headscissors armbar, with the big man still standing. Kalu yelled out in agony and eventually dropped down to the mat, slowly but surely losing energy as time went on. Ryoma released him when he was getting no result, and then went up to the top rope, trying to go for the Murayama Launch, but when he left the turnbuckles Kalu got up to his feet, summoning a short burst of reserve energy, caught him in mid-air, and then nailed a spinning side slam. He wasn’t able to follow up with a cover though, which allowed Ryoma to recover and eventually get up to his feet again. Kalu got right back in control though, nailing a few stiff elbows and forearms that had the smaller man reeling towards the ropes. He let out a big yell of rage before whipping him across the ring, and when he came back he booted him in the gut before lifting him up for the Glint of Ivory, a leg-trap one shoulder powerbomb, only to have Ryoma reverse it at the last second with a roll up, Kalu only just managing to kick out. When he rushed to one knee, Ryoma put him right back down with a rare stiff kick, connecting across the jaw, then quickly went up top before nailing the Murayama Launch, and getting the win.

Winner: Ryoma Murayama by pinfall in 12:44 – C+

Match 5: Masaru Ugaki vs. Lee Bennett.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasaruUgaki.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/LeeBennett.jpg

Masaru came bouncing down to the ring with a look of eagerness but also worry on his face, most likely at having to face the veteran Lee Bennett. Bennett came down with his eyes fixed solely on the ring, ignoring the fans as he walked towards his foe. When the match started, Ugaki ran in and locked up with the veteran gaijin, but couldn’t get any control and they wound up on the ropes. He tried two more times after this, and had the same result both times. Lee was smiling the entire time, and when Ugaki went for yet another lock up, quickly nailed a stiff forearm that stunned the youngster before breaking away and unloading with a series of chops. With each impact Ugaki went reeling until he wound up in the corner. The champion gaijin didn’t let up, firing away with more chops until Ugaki’s chest was red raw, and then whipped him across the ring. When he came back he tried to go for a big back body drop, only to have Ugaki somersault over him and then nail a stiff as ever kick right to the back of the head, sending the gaijin to the mat, landing flat on his face.

The youngster took this time to get some breath back before pulling Lee up to his feet and leaning him on the ropes. He signalled to the arena and nailed a sharp chop of his own, the impact sounding across the entire building. Lee didn’t take kindly to this, and spun Ugaki around before unloading with even more chops, but Masaru just took all of them before spinning Lee into his position again and laying into him with alternating Karate style chops to each side of the neck before taking a page out of his mentor’s book and nailing a kesagiri, Lee crumpling under the impact. He then went for a cover, hoping to capitalise on a stunned Bennett, but the veteran managed to get his foot on the rope just after the two count. Ugaki kept up the assault though, dragging the gaijin into the middle of the ring, and slowly working over his left arm, most likely to set up for the Ugaki Clutch. For a while he was in control, until Lee was able to hit a quick kick to the face when the youngster was going for another hold, and this allowed him to roll out of the ring and take some time to recover.

Ugaki went right back on the attack though, nailing a baseball slide out of nowhere that sent Lee reeling into the barricade, and then began to hit a few elbows before rolling him back into the ring. The veteran got back on his feet almost immediately though and began to fire back with some elbows before running to the ropes. When he came back he tried to go for a clothesline, but Ugaki was able to hit the Arc Kick out of nowhere, spinning Lee around before he flopped to the mat. The youngster quickly followed up with a cover attempt, but again only got a two count. He then tried to follow the same formula as before, dragging the veteran into the middle of the ring, but Lee was able to get back up to his feet in time and locked Ugaki in a front headlock, eventually taking him down to his knees. The gaijin then hit a very stiff elbow to the side of the head before pulling Ugaki up to his feet and kicking him in the gut. As the youngster doubled over he ran to the ropes, aiming to nail the Toronto Track Run, a leaping spinning lariat, but Ugaki sprinted forward at the last moment and caught the gaijin in a standing sleeper. He began to fade further and further as time went on, and when he was down to one knee, Ugaki quickly changed it into a crossface chickenwing. Despite the pain of the move Lee suddenly sprung to life and fought his way over to the ropes, knowing that the Ugaki Clutch was near if he didn’t do something.

For the final few minutes of the match both men traded control until eventually Ugaki nailed another Arc Kick when Lee went for a second try at the Track Run. The youngster saw a chance and ran to the ropes himself, but when he went for a high kick, Bennett dodged to the side, and when Ugaki turned around, he booted the native in the gut before nailing the Return Ticket, a jumping flowing DDT, spiking him right on his head. He made the cover and got the hard fought victory.

Winner: Lee Bennett by pinfall in 14:48 – B-

Match 6: Eisaku Kunomasu vs. Shuji Inukai.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EisakuKunomasu.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ShujiInukai.jpg

Shuji walked down to the ring with one of the biggest smirks we have seen from him in quite some time, almost strutting on his way, while Eisaku seemed to just ooze focus, his eyes cutting a hole right through Inukai. When the bell rang to start the match, the two men began to circle each other slowly, watching for the slightest movement, before both clashing in the middle of the ring. A test of strength quickly followed, with neither man able to get it easily, but after a while Shuji was eventually able to force the smaller Eisaku to bend over backwards to the mat, but the Lord of Strong Style was able to get up straight again and then tried to quickly take the bigger man over with a modified northern lights suplex, but Shuji was able to fight out of it, before trying to go for one himself, only to have Eisaku return the favour by fighting out of it. The two men still had their hands locked together, which Eisaku used to his advantage by rolling backwards and then twist Shuji’s arms, causing him to yell out in pain and drop down to one knee. He still had some fight left in him though, as he tried to reverse the move, stretching his arms out, but Eisaku seemingly effortlessly twisted them back round. He tried again, and this time came close to breaking out of it before Eisaku kneed him in the gut and then wrenched his arm round again, very eager to damage the limb, obviously to set up for the Kunomasu Vice later on. Shuji was able to summon some strength though as he reversed the arm wrench into one of his own before flipping Eisaku onto the mat. The technical master was able to kip up back to his feet though and then blasted Shuji with a forearm right to the bridge of the nose, but when he tried to go for another Inukai easily blocked it, resulting in an uneasy standoff between the two men. The crowd already loved this match, as they loudly applauded the two wrestlers for that whole sequence.

This style of exchange kept happening for the next five or so minutes, with neither man being able to truly gain control. That changed however around the eight minute mark, when they locked again. Shuji was able to get slight control and forced his opponent onto the ropes. After breaking the hold he then nailed a stiff kick right to the chest, to which Eisaku responded with a forearm to the jaw, and then began an exchange of kicks and forearms until Kunomasu was able to hit four in a row and whipped the bigger man across the ring. He bounced off the ropes himself and the two met in the middle, with Eisaku nearly taking Shuji’s head off with a high knee, getting amazing elevation. Inukai was seemingly lifeless as he hit the mat, prompting Eisaku to go for the cover, but the bigger man was able to get the shoulder up just in time. He didn’t let Shuji get any relaxation as he immediately slapped on a side headlock, twisting it from time to time to add more pressure to the hold. He couldn’t get the bigger man to tap out however, and Shuji managed to summon up some energy to fight his way back up to his feet. Eisaku tried to take him over with a snap mare, but Inukai was able to stay standing and instead kneed the smaller man in the back before spinning him round and kicking him straight in the chest, causing him to drop down to his knees, cringing. Shuji took a few moments to shake the cobwebs clear before pulling Eisaku up to his feet, and then kicked him in the gut before hoisting him up into the air. He didn’t hit the move right away though, instead taking time to let the blood rush to Eisaku’s head before dropping him to the canvas with a strong vertical suplex. Inukai went straight for the cover afterwards, but only got a two count.

Shuji got right back up onto his feet however, still refusing to let the smaller man any time to recover, and began to stomp on his shoulder. Eisaku tried to get up to his feet, slowly sitting up and beginning to get up, only to have Shuji charge forward and connect with a sickeningly stiff football kick right to the spine, causing Eisaku to yell out in pain and then flop back onto the mat. Inukai smiled before pulling him up to his feet and whipped him across the ring. When he came back, he kicked him in the chest again before trying to take him over for a German Suplex, only to have Eisaku slip down and trip him up with an ankle hold, slap bang in the middle of the ring. The bigger man yelled out in agony as he tried desperately to reach the ropes, but Eisaku kept it locked in tight. Eventually however, Shuji was able to drag himself over to the ropes, but the damage may already have been done. The bigger man slowly used the ropes to pull himself up, but Eisaku nipped in with a quick kick to the back of the knee, causing Shuji to limp forward and lean against the corner. Eisaku then ran to the other side, then charged back and hit a big high knee to the jaw, causing Shuji to stagger out of the corner again, obviously favouring his weakened leg. Eisaku saw this as a chance and tried to go for an arm drag, but Shuji used everything he had to stay up, and before the smaller man knew what was happening, Inukai pulled him into a short arm clothesline that nearly knocked him out of his boots. Shuji fell forward after this, still in pain and tried to heal his ankle by rolling out of the ring. Some time passed before he got back in, seeing that Eisaku was slowly getting to his feet.

The bigger man signalled to the crowd and got them clapping before bouncing off his ropes and trying to stampede over Eisaku with the Untouchable Lariat, but the smaller man was able to duck underneath it at the last moment and then nail a vicious elbow to the back of the head, stunning Inukai, then took him over for a Bridged German Suplex, but only got a two count. Not knowing what else to do, Eisaku quickly rushed up to his feet, but almost instantly dropped down to one knee, rubbing his back in pain, still feeling the effects of the spine kick earlier. Inukai soon followed him up, and the two began to exchange blows again, Shuji shifting to his good leg. Neither man was able to get any result, so they broke away. After a brief moment they both charged in, trying to go for their signature knees, but they collided in the centre and then fell to the mat, grabbing their knees in pain, especially Shuji who nearly rolled out of the ring. Eisaku was the first up, and dragged the bigger man into the middle of the before locking a cross armbreaker on, Shuji really struggling to hold on at this time, but he still managed to drag himself, using his good foot, over to the ropes and force his opponent to release him. Eisaku backed off, and when he saw Shuji getting up to his feet, he raced forward only to get caught with a leaping kick right across the face. He stood stock still for a few moments before falling backwards, seemingly out of it. Inukai quickly rolled over and tried to go for a cover, but yet again only got a two count, the crowd were on the edge of their seats by now.

Both men took their time getting to their feet, and then slowly headed to the centre to engage in a brutal back and forth exchange of forearm shots, with Inukai surprisingly getting ahead of Eisaku by hitting five straight shots, and then ran to the ropes. He seemed to be aiming for the Untouchable Lariat, but as he stumbled due to his bad ankle, Eisaku leapt into the air and countered it with a Roll-Through Kunomasu Vice! He had it locked in right in the middle of the ring, and Shuji tried desperately to hold on, but the pain was too much and he had to tap out. The fans nearly exploded when the result was announced, and Eisaku fell backwards almost in disbelief. Just like that, he had shifted the momentum and won the match, heading to the Finals of the Elite Series.

Winner: Eisaku Kunomasu by submission in 17:40 – A*

Summary:

Kwakami & Sanda def. Vessey & Matsuki – B-

Nigel Svensson def. Kimitada Yanagita – B-

Dread & Kumasaka def. The American Express – B+

Ryoma Murayama def. Kalu Owusu – C+

Lee Bennett def. Masaru Ugaki – B-

Eisaku Kunomasu def. Shuji Inukai – A*

Overall = A

Notes: Another good event, with the second tag match really impressing. I have to admit I felt let down by the grade for Bennett/Ugaki, but the main even more than made up for it. Apologies for the length of that match, I got really into it and couldn't stop. Plus it was an A*, so I thought it deserved a good write-up :D.

This week sees the finals of the Elite Series at Night of PRIDE, but we have one more tour show before we reach the Pay Per View, and it has an interesting set of matches that add an air of mystery heading into the event.

Opening the show we have young Tetsunori Yasuda taking on Totoya Munakata in a possible proving match for the young lion. However, will it be too much of a strain on Yasuda leading into his match against Washi Tanaka at Night of PRIDE?

We then see Akinori Kwakami and Noriyori Sanda teaming up again following their successful outing last week to take on the team of Danger Kumasaka and Oleg Dorosklov. Danger has been impressing so far on this tour, and management have chosen him as the next challenger for Kwakami’s Historical Japan title. Sanda and Dorosklov will also be clashing at the Pay Per View over Historical Japan #1 Contendership, and so this match serves to be a warm up match for both teams, with a victory being all the more important.

Honour Sekigun leader Kozue Kawashima then takes on one of the rising stars of PGHW, Morimasa Kato, in a non-title match. Kawashima will be absent from Night of PRIDE, but has assured the fans that he will take a more active role following the event, swearing to be a fighting champion.

In a rather rag tag match we see the team of Dread & Holmes, who is fresh off his injury earlier this month, take on Chojiro Kitoaji and the veteran Masutaro Kataoka. Kitoaji has laid out a challenge to the monstrous Dread for the Pay Per View, eager to prove himself and rise to the top, and Dread happily accepted it, seeing it as a change to destroy the youngster before he gets a true career. Can Kataoka, who is admittedly the wildcard in this match, prove to be the decision maker?

And main eventing this show is an epic dream tag team affair that sees the Elites Series finalists teaming up with their most recent opponents to take each other on. That means we see Mito Miwa teaming with Yoshimi Mushashibo and Eisaku Kunomasu teaming with Shuji Inukai. We then might also see a Team Dynasty 2000 battle take place, making this match all the more exciting.

Night Seven

Singles

Tetsunori Yasuda vs. Totoya Munakata

Tag Team

Kwakami & Sanda vs. Kumasaka & Dorosklov

Singles

Non-Title

Kozue Kawashima vs. Morimasa Kato

Tag Team

Dread & Holmes vs. Kitoaji & Kataoka

Tag Team

Mito Miwa & Yoshimi Mushashibo vs. Eisaku Kunomasu & Shuji Inukai

We then get to Night of PRIDE, our first big event of the year and host to the Elites Series Finals. To start off the night we see Brandon Smith make his debut as he teams with fellow gaijin’s The American Express to take on the Glory Lions, Eien Miyamoto, Ogai Miki and Totoya Munakata. Will Brandon make a solid debut and help turn around The Express recent fortune? Or can the Glory Lions score a big win on a big stage?

We then see the aforementioned Legend vs. New Generation match up between Dread and Chojiro Kitoaji. If anything this looks set to be a stiff contest as the young Kitoaji looks to prove himself by taking down the monstrous gaijin. Can he pull off the upset? Or will Dread carry on his recent run?

Nigel Svensson, who has also been on a tear as of late takes on Team ENDANGER member Morimasa Kato in what promises to be a truly hard hitting match up between these two true fighters. Will it be the kicks of Kato or the knees and punches of Nigel that gets the victory in a clash of possible next generation superstars?

The Honour Sekigun and Team ENDANGER again clash in the next match up, as Tetsunori Yasuda takes on Washi Tanaka. Neither man has really been that active so far this tour, and a win here could help to get back on track, and also help their respective stables get a lead.

Akinori Kwakami then takes on the respected veteran Danger Kumasaka in our first title match of the night, in what looks to be a good battle between two talented technicians. Danger earned this with his recent run as mentioned earler, while Kwakami has been running through whatever competition he has seen. However, with a recent time limit draw with Masaru Ugaki a few weeks ago, will Kwakami have a hard time here tonight? The #1 Contendership for the title is then contested next as said with Noriyori Sanda taking on Gaijin Sekigun member Oleg Dorokslov.

After that we have our second title match of the night, with Team Toronto putting the Glory Tag Crown on the line against Murayama & Ugaki. Both teams have an equal footing heading into this, with Masaru Ugaki taking Lee Bennett nearly to the edge in their recent encounter. Will we see Team ENDANGER taking away the gold, and also pull a big upset on the popular tag champs? Or will the Honour Sekigun see the titles brought back? No matter what happens, this looks set to be an exciting clash of Present vs. Future.

Yoshimi Mushashibo then clashes with Nobuatsu Tatsuko, as a potential proving ground for contendership. Tatsuko has been absent so far this tour as he was slowly nursing an injury while training the youngster in SAISHO, and so wants to come away victorious all the more, seeing it as a return match. Yoshimi however looks more determined than ever to get a shot at the Glory Crown, and with his chances at the Elite Series gone, he now sees this as his only chance.

At the top of the card we have our epic clash for the Elite Series trophy, with Eisaku Kunomasu and Mito Miwa taking each other on. Will it be the Pride Warrior or the Lord of Strong Style who takes the prestigious trophy and the shot at the Glory Crown away? With Eisaku’s recent showing of how quickly he can change the tide of the match, will we see the same here? Or will it be a Pride Bomber that nets the trophy?

Night of PRIDE

Venue: Kanagawa Stadium

Six-Man Tag Team

Brandon Smith & The American Express vs. Miyamoto, Miki & Munakata

Singles

Legend vs. New Generation

Dread vs. Chojiro Kitoaji

Singles

Morimasa Kato vs. Nigel Svensson

Singles

Washi Tanaka vs. Tetsunori Yasuda

Singles

For the PGHW Historical Japan Title

Akinori Kwakami© vs. Danger Kumasaka

Singles

#1 Contendership for the Historical Japan title

Noriyori Sanda vs. Oleg Dorosklov

Tag Team

For the PGHW Glory Tag Crown Titles.

Team Toronto© vs. Murayama & Ugaki

Singles

Yoshimi Mushashibo vs. Nobuatsu Tatsuko

Elite Series Finals

Singles

Mito Miwa vs. Eisaku Kunomasu

Night Seven

Singles

Tag Team

Singles

Non-Title

Tag Team

Tag Team

Night of PRIDE

Six-Man Tag Team

Singles

Singles

Singles

Singles

Singles

Tag Team

Singles

Elite Series Finals

Singles

Thank goodness this one is back. One of my absolute favorites, as Trekkie's dynasties tend to become.

Night Seven

Singles

Yasuda is my boy, but Munakata has been good as of late, even in his losing efforts.

Tag Team

Kwakami and Sanda have been ace in the undercards, and I see their combined momentum continuing here.

Singles

Non-Title

Double K is the trueborn, and Kato is still learning in my eyes, so Kawashima gets the win.

Tag Team

Just the experience factor here, as the gaijins are the more regular team.

Tag Team

Interesting match here with the last two main events teaming up against each other. Kunomasu vs. Inukai may have outdone Miwa vs. Mushashibo, but it wasn't by much, and so I'm picking Double M in this one.

Night of PRIDE

Six-Man Tag Team

Go American Express! The addition of BBS in this one just makes me love them even more. I smell a Glory Tag Crown run.

Singles

Dread is getting old. There's no getting around it.That makes this a perfect torch-passing matchup, with the young Kitoaji getting the win.

Singles

Coin flip. Plain and simple. No idea who's going to win this one.

Singles

I love Washi Heat, but I just feel like Yasuda is in better position to win this one.

Singles

I'm picking Kwakami, but in the back of my mind secretly hoping he drops the belt to start a run at the Glory Crown soon.

Singles

If Kwakami retains, it sets up one heckuva title match.

Tag Team

I've never liked the pairing of Muruyama and Ugaki, and I love Ugaki. I wonder what it is I don't like about the team then? :confused:

Singles

Mushashibo is a beast, and I see Tatsuko as drifting down to the midcard to help train up the next generation. This is the first step in that happening.

Elite Series Finals

Singles

I took Miwa to win the tag match, which means that Kunomasu has to take the singles bout. Who is the Glory Crown champion anyway? I seem to have forgotten.

Singles

The more established wrestler takes the victory

Tag Team

More of a team and the better wrestlers. I'm fine with geriatric Kumasaka still getting one over the young jobbers and mid-card gaijins but he better not go over two of PGHW's rising stars.

Singles

Non-Title

Non Title it may be , Kawashima wont lose to Kato

Tag Team

Got to agree with Mr Sideburns reasoning on this one

Tag Team

This one could definately go either way, and seeing as I've chosen the same as Sideburns on everything else, I'll go the opposite way on this one.

Night of PRIDE

Six-Man Tag Team

I too see the gaijin trio winning this

Singles

Though I think Dread will 'pass the torch' eventually, I see you stretching this out for a little while longer with Dread getting wins over the new generation, until one of them finally takes him down.

Singles

As Sideburns said a coin flip and I'll flip the opposite

Singles

Just give the edge to Yasuda

Singles

For me the Historical Japan belt should be held by 'future' main eventers not by past their sell by date old men.

Singles

Sanda wins setting up partner vs partner !

Tag Team

The veteran gaijin pairing retains

Singles

For me though both can be considered part of what I dub PGHW's Big 5, Mushashibo's that class above Tatsuko.

Elite Series Finals

Singles

Could go either way, but I prefer Kunomasu and a preference choice is as good as any in these sort of matches.

Always lost in predicting Japan diaries, but I'll give it a shot.

Night Seven

Singles

Tag Team

Singles

Non-Title

Tag Team

Tag Team

Night of PRIDE

Six-Man Tag Team

Singles

Singles

Singles

Singles

Singles

Tag Team

Singles

Elite Series Finals

Singles

Good to have foolinc on board and to know that everybody is still with me :D. Kozue Kawashima is the current Glory Crown champ hrdcore, but as he hasn't been that active lately i can see how you forgot who it was haha. Oh and apologies ahead of time for the length of this write-up :D. I’m going to tone down the big matches in terms of write-up length after the PPV, I’ve just really been in the write-up mood as of late and so got a bit carried away. I’ll most likely be posting the PPV in two parts as well.

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #7

Tuesday, Week 4, March 2012

Attendance = 10,000

Pre-Show

Bryan Vessey def. Mohamed El Yaaggoudi – B - Bryan catches his fellow gaijin with the Vessey Line after eight minutes.

Match 1: Tetsunori Yasuda vs. Totoya Munakata

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TetsunoriYasuda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TotoyaMunakata_alt.jpg

Yasuda bounced down to the ring like usual, but this time he had a focused expression, most likely having his match against Tanaka on his mind. Totoya also looked focused, and when the match started they stayed exactly where they were, not wanting to give any ground at all. However, after a few moments they ran into the middle of the ring and locked up, with Yasuda managing to get control and forcing the smaller man into the ropes. After breaking the hold he nailed a vicious forearm right to the face that stunned Totoya before whipping him across the ring. However, when he came back, the younger man was able to catch Yasuda with a leg lariat right to the jaw, and then instantly set about dominating him on the mat, locking in several different leg locks to take away the bigger man’s power advantage. This lasted for most of the match, with Totoya always managing to take down the bigger man whenever he gained more momentum.

Yasuda was eventually able to break free of a stretch muffler and get to the ropes, using them to help himself up, but Totoya continued the assault, nailing a few elbows to the jaw before trying to take him down with a dragon screw leg whip, only to have Yasuda show some amazing agility with a somersault kick right to the jaw to escape it, which sent Totoya reeling into a nearby corner. Yasuda signalled to the crowd, and after taking a few moments to make sure his knee was alright, he charged forward and caught the smaller man with a leaping forearm in the corner, before placing him on the top rope. He didn’t follow him up though, instead grabbing his leg and hitting a Super Dragon Screw Leg Whip of his own, Totoya hitting the mat hard. As the younger man cringed in pain and clutched his knee, Yasuda didn’t show any mercy, dragging him into the centre of the ring and pulling him up to his feet. After booting him in the gut he followed up with a vicious Minilla Plunge, dropping Totoya right on his head and getting the slightly hard fought victory in a good opening match.

Winner: Tetsunori Yasuda in 6:36 by pinfall – B

Match 2: Kwakami & Sanda vs. Kumasaka & Dorosklov

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AkinoriKwakami.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NoriyoriSanda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/DangerKumasaka.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OlegDorosklov.jpg

The younger team eagerly bounce their way down to the ring, Kwakami showing off his title proudly, and even blowing a kiss to a nearby fan girl. The opposing team just made their way down to the ring without formalities, except for Oleg who took a moment to threaten a fan who tapped his shoulder. After the introductions, Kwakami said he would take the opening bell, and Kumasaka, eager to get his hands on his opponent a few days before their title match eagerly chooses to be the legal man for his team. When the bell rings they begin to circle each other, until Danger rushed in and tried to yank the younger man’s legs out from underneath him. The champ held his ground and kicked off the veteran before nailing a few quick forearms and whipping him across the ring. When he came back, he tried to take Danger up and over with a hip toss, only to have the veteran resist it and take the champ over with an arm drag before locking in a tight arm bar. Kwakami is able to fight his way over to the ropes however, and gets up to his feet quickly. The two men share an uneasy staredown before tagging out to their partners.

Sanda and Oleg fare little better against each other, with the native Sanda trying to take down the bigger man with a few choice elbows to the side of the head, only to have Oleg take the pain and then blast him across the face with a judo chop and then try to take him over with a Judo Throw. Sanda is able to land on his feet however and runs to the ropes. When he comes back he tries to nail a clothesline, only to have Oleg roll through into a cross armbreaker, causing Sanda to yell in pain. Luckily for him he is able to get his foot on the bottom rope quickly, and the two get up to their feet quite soon after, and like their partners they try to stare each other down. They clashed again in the middle however, with Sanda trying the same strategy as before with a few stiff as ever forearms right to the bridge of the nose, and this time is stuns the gaijin who is sent reeling into the ropes. Sanda quickly sends him across the ring and then manages to floor him with a dropkick to the jaw, but as Sanda pumps his fist and smiles for the fans Oleg gets back up to his feet and nearly takes his head off with a big boot before dropping down to the mat.

The whole way through this match follows the same formula, which was whenever a team gained any sort of momentum, it was almost instantly removed with a quick counter or move out of nowhere. Kumasaka almost managed to have Sanda locked in the Aurora Surfboard Vice in the closing minutes, and had it not been for Kwakami breaking free of a brawl with Oleg on the outside to break the hold, we might have seen the end of the match. In the final few minutes it is down to Dorosklov against Sanda, and the two are trying to battle it out on the mat. Yet despite how talented he is in that area, Sanda finds himself fighting a losing battle against the gaijin, who almost effortlessly begins to tie him in knots, at one point have him in a combination stretch muffler/surfboard variant called Pain from the Ukraine. Sanda was almost bent double from this, but Kwakami again made the save with a knee right to the jaw of Oleg. Kumasaka came back into the ring and began an exchange with Kwakami, taking the two of them to the outside. Oleg was still feeling it, and pulled Sanda up to his feet before trying to go for the Blood Rush, a combination of Judo Kicks followed by an STO. He managed to nail the first few kicks, but when he went for the running STO, Sanda was able to duck it and then nailed the Sanda Series, the final kick knocking Oleg right on his butt. The native Sanda realised his chance, and not wanting there to be any chance of a kick out, he pulled the gaijin up to his feet, kicked him in the gut, and then nailed the Vortex Crush, a Vertical Suplex Powerbomb, and made the cover. Kumasaka saw this and tried to get into the ring, but Kwakami grabbed his feet at just the right time and threw him into the guard rail as the referee counted to three, giving the Honour Sekigun team a very important victory.

Winners: Kwakami & Sanda by pinfall in 16:38 - B

Match 3: Kozue Kawashima vs. Morimasa Kato

Non-Title

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KozueKawashima_alt3FIN.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MorimasaKato_FIN2.jpg

Kawashima came down proudly displaying his Glory Crown on his shoulder, slapping the hands of fans on his way down. Kato completely ignored the crowd when he came down though, instead sliding into the ring and going face to face with the champ, who showed no fear and stared right back. When the ref split them apart and called for the bell, Kato rushed straight in and hit a stiff kick right to the side of the knee, causing Kozue to flinch slightly and try to get away, only to be caught with two further kicks before being whipped across the ring. When he came back, Kato tried to catch him with another kick, but the champ showed his amazing athleticism when he easily jumped over it, rolled through, and then came charging back with a big jumping back elbow to the face. This sent Kato reeling, and before he knew it Kozue was back on the attack, unloading with a series of stiff forearms to the jaw before kicking him in the gut. He then tried to take Kato over with a side suplex, but he resisted and was able to stay on the ground before punching the champ a few times in the side and going for a suplex of his own. Kozue was able to land on his feet however and pushed Kato away to the ropes, and when he came back he tried to hit a lariat, only to have Kato roll underneath and connect with a stiff kick to the chest before backing away.

A couple more exchange like this happened over the next five or so minutes as each man tried to put each other away with quick moves, but not getting the result. One such time involved Kozue ducking a lariat attempt and catching Kato with a crucifix roll up out of nowhere, getting a close two count. In the final few minutes of the match, Kato was beginning to get desperate and signalled for the Kato Buster X, a twisting fisherman buster into a fishermans driver. He got him up into the air, but Kozue was then able to wriggle out of it and then ran to the ropes. When he came back he was able to slide under a kick attempt and then kipped up to his feet before engaging in an exchange of elbows and forearms. Neither man gave any ground whatsoever before they both ran to the ropes. Kato went for a leg lariat, which caught Kozue right in the chin, staggering him. However, when he then tried to follow it up with the Kato Buster, Kozue was able to stand his ground and then kneed Kato in the gut several times before taking him over with a snap suplex. The champ could feel the energy at this point and pulled Kato back up to his feet before nailing a spinning back hand blow and running to the ropes again. Kato was dazed, and before he could do anything Kozue caught him with the Double K Impact, a devastating running one footed dropkick right to the chin, flipping him over. The champ then rolled him over and went for the cover, getting a victory in a fantastic match that shows that these two are undoubtedly the future of this company.

Winner: Kozue Kawashima in 13:26 by pinfall – A

Match 4: Dread & Holmes vs. Kitoaji & Kataoka

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/Dread.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/BryanHolmes.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ChojiroKitoaji_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasutaroKataoka.jpg

When he made his way down to the ring, Bryan looked genuinely happy to be making his return, while Dread looked as he usually does, angry at the world. Kataoka was almost beside himself with happiness, glad to be taking part in a relatively big match. When the bell rings to signal the start of the match, Dread and Kataoka decide to be the first legal men. After circling each other for a few moments Dread tries to rush in with a clubbing blow, but Kataoka is able to duck underneath them and then catches the big man with a forearm right to the jaw that stuns him before running to the ropes. However, when he comes back he pretty much runs into a brick wall as Dread nails a shoulder block, knocking him to the mat. The gaijin tries to follow it up with an elbow drop, but his fellow veteran is able to get out of dodge just in time before scurrying up to his feet. Dread struggled up to his feet, but when Kataoka tried to keep him down with a few more forearms he fought through them and then fired back with a stiff elbow that knocked the native to the mat, seemingly out of it already.

The big man then tagged in to Holmes, who eagerly stepped into the ring and began to work over the arm of Kataoka, at one point locking in a grounded butterfly lock. The native veteran kept fighting though, and eventually managed to reach the ropes, forcing Bryan to release him. Masu used the ropes to pull himself up to his feet, but as soon as he was up Holmes was right back on the attack again, battering away with several quick forearms before whipping him across the ring. When he came back, Masu was able to summon up a small bit of energy and nailed a spinning back elbow that knocked the gaijin to the mat. Kataoka went for a cover, and barely got a two count, before dragging Bryan to his corner and tagging out to Kitoaji. The youngster eagerly stepped into the ring, and took over where Masu left off, slowly working over the gaijin’s arms, coming close to locking in a Kito Clutch, a modified rear sleeper/camel clutch combo, but Bryan was able to break free and reach the ropes in time. As he was getting up to his feet Kitoaji tried to keep control with a stiff knee to the gut, but Bryan was able to fight through it and nailed a quick forearm to the nose that stunned the smaller man before nailing thrust kick right to the chin, sending him to the mat. After a few more back and forth exchanges like this one, they both tagged out to their partners, being too battered to carry on.

Kataoka fared little better against Dread this time, with the big gaijin easily dominating the smaller native. After a bone crunching clubbing blow across the shoulder blades, Dread then tried to pull the smaller man up for a Dread Bomb, but Masu wasn’t going to go down that easy, and began to unload with a series of forearms before running to the ropes. He tried to go for the Flying Forearm when he came back, but Dread caught up with him and when he bounced off the ropes the big man grabbed Masu and then tossed him to the mat with a powerslam, knocking the wind right out of him. After taking a moment to mime shooting the veteran, Dread pulled Masu up to his feet, booted him in the gut, and then nailed a devastating Dread Bomb, dumping him right on his head. Holmes managed to get into the ring, and when Kitoaji tried to break up the pin attempt he kept him at bay with a spin kick across the face. Kataoka had been knocked out cold by the impact, giving Dread a morale boosting victory heading into Night of PRIDE.

Winner: Dread & Holmes by pinfall in 12:43 – C+

Match 5: Mito Miwa & Yoshimi Mushashibo vs. Eisaku Kunomasu & Shuji Inukai.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MitoMiwa.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/YoshimiMushashibo.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EisakuKunomasu.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ShujiInukai.jpg

This match had so much going into it that you could feel the tension both between the teams, and within them as well, with each team member being on uneasy terms with their partners. When the bell rang to start the match, both teams argued as to who should start off, until Miwa forced Yoshimi into the corner, staring across the ring at Shuji. To start off with they began to circle each other, and each time Miwa snuck in to try and hit a quick forearm shot Shuji was able to force him away with a quick kick. This continued for a little while until they clashed in the middle in a big test of strength. Shuji, like last week, seemed to get the initial control, and came close to forcing Miwa over backwards like Eisaku, but the Pride Warrior was able to stay upright and the two continued to brawl until Miwa used his initiative to get under Inukai’s armpit and take him over in a quick suplex, staying on top of him for a quick two count. Inukai bridged out of it and the two carried on their test of strength, shoulder to shoulder. Miwa tried to quickly spin it into an arm wrench, but Shuji rolled out of it, also kicking Miwa across the face in the process, before then taking his opponent down with a judo style throw. He then tried to apply a straight jacket, but Miwa was able to get his foot on the ropes, and was able to take his time to get to his feet, the referee holding Shuji off from attacking him. However, he was focusing too much on Inukai, allowing Eisaku to run across the apron and quickly hit a leaping knee on Miwa, who staggered backwards. Inukai saw his chance and rushed in before trying to go for a back drop, only to have Miwa just managed to grab the top rope with a flailing hand.

Shuji kept trying to go for the move, but Miwa wouldn’t budge, and when Shuji tried to go for an irish whip, Miwa was able to reverse it and whip the bigger man across the ring instead. When he came back Miwa tried to go for the Roaring Elbow, only to have Inukai duck underneath it, and then nail a stiff kick right to the chest that sent Miwa reeling towards the neutral corner. Shuji wasn’t about to let him rest though, and followed up with a vicious series of kicks to the chest and stomach that could be heard all around the arena. Miwa looked out of it, but suddenly shot full of life as he began to nail a barrage of forearms and elbows, but Shuji stood through these and pushed him back into the corner before nailing a few more kicks. One of them went a bit too high and nailed Miwa right across the face, sending him slumping to the mat, but Shuji didn’t care, instead dragging his opponent into the middle of the ring and tagging in Kunomasu. The Lord of Strong Style took over where his partner left off, nailing a few quick kicks to the stomach of Miwa before running to the ropes. When he came back, he got some good elevation before nailing a knee drop right across the face, causing Miwa to grunt in pain, then quickly went for a cover, only getting a two count. Kunomasu continued the attack, beginning to slowly work over Miwa’s arms with a variety of holds, but one of them took a little too long to be applied, with Kunomasu almost flaunting his near unmatched technical skill, allowing Miwa time to quickly elbow the older man in the gut and then scramble over to his corner. Just before he was going to tag in Yoshimi though, Kunomasu grabbed his leg and dragged him into the middle of the ring and locked him in a seated arm bar.

Miwa was on the back foot for a while after this, with Kunomasu and Inukai rotating and showing some interesting team work for such recent rivals, effectively cutting Miwa off from his corner. Eisaku began to signal for the Launching Knee Strike after lifting the Pride Warrior to his feet, pulling his knee pad down. However, after bouncing off the ropes, Miwa leapt into the air and hit a flying forearm to the jaw that floored him, leaving both men down. The crowd were hotly behind Miwa, who began to crawl over to his corner, as did Eisaku. Miwa reached his corner first, tagging in Yoshimi, who clambered into the ring like a cat on fire, rushing across to the other corner and knocking his usual partner Shuji off the apron before he could be tagged in, and then began to kick away at Eisaku before pulling him up to his feet. After a quick chop to the chest he whipped him across the ring, yet when he tried to go for a spinebuster Eisaku caught him with the Launching Knee Strike out of nowhere. Yoshimi initially dropped down to his knees, and Eisaku though he had bought himself some time, but The Phenom got back up to his feet, drawing applause from the crowd, and began to unleash his vast array of chops on the chest and neck of the smaller Eisaku, who was pretty much defenceless. After having his chest turned red raw, Yoshimi finished the attack with a kesagiri before tossing him to the mat and going for the cover. Shuji tried to get into the ring to help break it up, but Eisaku was able to kick out just in the nick of time. Yoshimi then began to have a mat challenge with Eisaku, as the Phenom applied a few holds that Eisaku easily countered, and it soon turned into a series of reversals that overall resulted in a stand off between the two. Eisaku was still not fully with it however, and when the two locked up again, Yoshimi was able to quickly boot him in the gut before taking him up and over with a Jumping Vertical Suplex, Eisaku yelling out in agony as he hit the mat, and then went for the cover again, only getting another two count.

Yoshimi pulled him up to his feet again and tried to whip him across the ring, but Eisaku countered it with a short range lariat that sent Yoshimi reeling into the ropes. The smaller man then whipped him across the ring himself, and when he came back he nailed another Launching Knee Strike that seemed to knock Yoshimi right out. Having just enough energy left, Eisaku scurried over to his corner and tagged in Inukai, who eagerly stepped into the ring and headed over to his usual partner. He allowed him time to get up, and after showing respect to each other they began to exchange their signature strikes, Yoshimi his chops and Shuji his kicks, but neither man would go down. Yoshimi was able to block a kick though and hit alternating chops to either side of Shuji’s neck before trying to take him down with a dragon screw leg whip. Inukai rolled out of it though and rushed forward with a football kick right to the chest of Yoshimi, winding him, and then after alternating between kicking him in the back and chest he pulled him back up to his feet and booted him in the gut. Being both winded and doubled over, Yoshimi was defenceless against the leaping kick that followed, nearly taking his head off. Inukai desperately went for the cover, but barely got a two count as Yoshimi kicked out just before it. Inukai went over to a neutral corner and began to bounce on his feet, waiting for Yoshimi to get up to his feet, but when he charged forward to hit another football kick to the chest, Mushashibo was able to block it and then sent his stable mate flying across the ring with a second dragon screw leg whip, before going to his corner and tagging in Miwa.

Miwa then bounded into the ring and tried to instantly go for the Amphora Clutch Suplex, but Shuji resisted it before slipping down to the mat and kicking Miwa in the face, sending the Pride Warrior staggering backwards. Inukai struggled up to his feet, feeling the effects of the leg whip a few moments ago, and this gave Miwa time to focus again before whipping him into the corner. However, when he tried to follow up with a running forearm, Shuji was able to get his boot up, catching the smaller man right in the jaw. Miwa turned and flopped to the mat, and Shuji tried to go for the cover, but amazingly Miwa kicked out almost immediately before getting up to his feet and unloading with a relentless barrage of elbows and forearms to the face. Shuji tried to fight back with a few quick knees and kicks but Miwa still carried on, ending up against the ropes before whipping him across the ring. When he came back, Miwa tried to go for a German Suplex, but Shuji was able to nail a few back elbows to stun the smaller man before running to the ropes. Feeling the moment, he tried to go for an Untouchable Lariat, but Miwa was able to duck it before running to the ropes himself. Inukai kept on running as well, and tried to go for a jumping kick again, but Miwa blocked it and then caught Shuji with a stiff forearm to the side of the skull that sent him to the mat.

Before he could follow up on this however, Kunomasu decided to join the fray, having had enough of being on the apron and sensing the end may be near if Miwa went for the cover, quickly nailing a running knee to the temple of Miwa, downing the Pride Warrior. Mushashibo entered the ring as well at this point, and floored Eisaku with a Lariat before pulling him back up to his feet and trying to go for an Exploder Suplex. Eisaku kept his ground though amazingly enough, and went for the Roll-Through Kunomasu Vice, but when he cinched it in, Miwa blasted him across the face with a pointed elbow, and when he turned his attentions back to Inukai he was caught with an Untouchable Lariat out of nowhere. Shuji got up to his feet to make his way over to Miwa, but the bell rang to signal the time limit had expired, and he collapsed onto his knees.

Winner: Time Limit Draw at 30:00 – A

The fans gave all four men a standing ovation for that match, and it did little else but add to the already amazing Elite Series final match up between Mito Miwa and Eisaku Kunomasu in a few days time, while also allowing the other men time to shine.

Summary:

Tetsunori Yasuda def. Totoya Munakata – B

Kwakami & Sanda def. Kumasaka & Dorosklov – B

Kozue Kawashima def. Morimasa Kato – A

Dread & Holmes def. Kitoaji & Kataoka – C+

Miwa & Mushashibo drew with Kunomasu & Inukai - A

Overall = B+

Notes: Not the best kind of PPV lead in card that I wanted, but still produced some good matches, such as Kato really impressing against Kozue Kawashima.

Thankyou for the compliments UFC-KING, I really appreciate it. Good to know i've got another fan too :D. Also, thankyou to Tigerkinney and hrdcoresidebrns as well for their nominations of me for the DOTM, makes me very happy to know I am still worthy of it :). I'll post the second part of the PPV on Saturday, if ya wanted to know :p.

PGHW Night of PRIDE

Part One - Matches 1-5

Held at the Kanagawa Stadium

Friday, Week 4, March 2012

Attendance = 29,433

PPV Buy-Rate = 4.79

Pre-Show

Kazushige Matsuki def. Mohamed El Yaaggoudi – B-

Mokuami Maita def. Cameron Vessey – B

Dogs of War & Raymond Diaz def. Yoshii Shiomi, Sotatsu Sarumara & Jay Chord – C+ - I planned to bring in Chord on a PPA deal, but as soon as I signed him he said he should be main eventing us, so I jobbed him here to Yanagita and fired him.

Match 1: Brandon Smith & The American Express vs. Miyamoto, Miki & Munakata

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/BulldozerBrandon_alt3.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/JoshuaTaylor_alt2.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/WilliamHayes_alt8.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EienMiyamoto_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OgaiMiki.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TotoyaMunakata_alt.jpg

All three members of the gaijin team strutted down with big smirks on their faces, with Brandon getting a surprisingly big pop from the crowd when he was introduced. The trio of young lions happily bounded to the ring, Miki taking time especially to slap hands with all the fans; however Totoya showed the least interest in the fans, instead just focusing on their opponents. The first people for the match were Brandon Smith and Munakata, and after the bell rang to start the match the two briefly circled each other before locking up in the middle of the ring. Quickly getting into a test of strength, Totoya found himself on the losing side as Brandon easily bent him over backwards with a big smirk on his face, before then pulling the smaller man back up and kicking him in the gut. He tried to go for a barrage of forearms after this, only to have Totoya duck each one and then nail a few forearms to his gut and run to the ropes. However, when he came back, Brandon easily took an attempted clothesline and then blasted back with a big forearm before kneeing the smaller man in the gut and snapping him over for a suplex. He went for a quick cover, only getting a one count, but he was now firmly in control. After taking a few moments to smile out to the audience out of arrogance, he tagged in Taylor, who kicked Totoya in the outstretched arm before taking him over with an arm drag.

As the gaijin began to work over his arm, Totoya began to edge closer to the ropes. Eventually managing to grab hold of the bottom one with his other arm, Taylor let him go but stiffly kicked him in the back before pulling him up to his feet again. After leaning him against the ropes and whipping him across the ring, Josh tried to go for a spinebuster, but Totoya was able to counter it with a jumping armbar that had the gaijin yelling in pain. After getting hold of the nearby ropes, he tried to get up to his feet, but Munakata kicked him stiffly in the chest before tagging out to Miki, who sling shotted himself over the top rope with a dropkick to the chest, winding the gaijin. Ogai didn’t give him any time to get his breath back though as he pulled him right up and then whipped him across the ring, however when he tried to follow up with a leg lariat Taylor stopped short, causing Miki to land flat on his face, and afterwards Taylor charged in with a quick knee to the gut before rolling him over and going for the cover, but he only got a two count. After dominating the smaller man for a minute or so, he pulled him up to his feet and began to toy with him, slapping him in the face and pushing him back down to the mat. Miki kept getting back up to his feet though and getting in the face of the gaijin, and when Taylor laughed at him and tried to push him away again, Miki leapt into the air and nailed an absolutely beautiful jumping spin thrust kick to the jaw, sending Joshua straight to the mat. Ogai went over to his corner and tagged in Miyamoto, who eagerly took over dominating the smaller gaijin.

However, eventually the numbers game caught up with the Glory Lions trio, with Brandon constantly adding himself in to help his team. Eventually Munakata tried to lock in an STS, only to have Brandon run in and kick him across the face, allowing Hayes, who was in the hold, to break free and nail a quick Hayes Fever Backbreaker before nailing the Slick Trick. Brandon ran over to the opposite corner and knocked Miyamoto and Miki off the apron before heading back to his own corner. Hayes got an idea and tagged him in, something that caused Smith to laugh and happily step over the ropes. Munakata was barely with it, and had no defence when Smith pulled him up and drove him into the mat with a Backdrop Driver, and bridging it for the cover, getting a debut victory, as Taylor and Hayes kept Miki and Miyamoto busy on the outside.

Winner: Smith & The American Express by pinfall in 5:36 – B

Match 2: Dread vs. Chojiro Kitoaji

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/Dread.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ChojiroKitoaji_alt.jpg

The big man made his way down to the ring with a very big smirk, clearly feeling he had little challenge tonight following his victory a few days ago. Kitoaji showed no signs of fear to his credit, as he eagerly headed down to the ring. When the bell rang to start the match, Dread headed into the middle and dared for the younger man to hit him, so Kitoaji burst forward and nailed a stiff kick right to the side of the knee, causing Dread to cringe a little bit before challenging him to do it again. The younger man realised the ploy however and instead leapt forward, hitting a series of forearms right to the jaw, but when he finished, Dread just roared in his face before hitting a forearm of his own, stunning the smaller man, and then booted him in the gut. Due to the power behind the kick, Chojiro doubled over, allowing the gaijin to nail a devastating double axe handle right across the back, sending the younger man to the mat. Here Dread began to show a rare side to him, a technical side, as he began to work over the left leg of the youngster, most likely to take away his speed. Kitoaji wasn’t going to go down without a fight though, and scrambled over to the ropes to force the big man to release him before pulling himself up.

Dread didn’t want him to have a chance to recover, and charged towards Kitoaji, who at the last moment ducked down and pulled the rope with him, causing Dread to go tumbling over the top rope. After a few moments, Kitoaji jumped on the spot before running to the ropes, and some of the fans got on their feet as the youngster ran across the ring and cleared the top rope with a beautiful diving cross body, landing right on top of the big man. It didn’t take him right down however, forcing him down to one knee, and after a moment to cringe, Dread got up to both feet before ramming the smaller man back first into the ring apron, causing Chojiro to yell out in pain before flopping onto his front, grabbing his back. The gaijin seemed to really be enjoying this as he stomped on Chojiro before rolling him back into the ring and following him in. After going for a cover that only got a two count, he tried to run to the ropes and come back with a big elbow drop, but Kitoaji was able to roll out of the way just in time. As Dread hit solid canvas, the youngster sprung up to his feet and then began to fire away with a series of kicks to the chest of the big man before running to the ropes and coming back with a big football kick, showing shades of Shuji Inukai in it’s precision, right into the upper chest and throat. Dread seemed to be suffering from these blows, but he still got up to his feet and carried on the battle, surprising Kitoaji with a few forearms that sent him down to one knee before connecting with a Dread Smack.

This blow nearly knocked out Kitoaji, who stared lifelessly into the crowd for a few moments before falling flat on his face, and this gave Dread some time to recover. A few moments later however, he was back on the attack and began to stomp on the fallen Chojiro a few more times before pulling him up to his feet. After looking out into the crowd he kneed the smaller man in the gut before whipping him with amazing power into the corner, Kitoaji groaning in pain as he hit the turnbuckles. The gaijin took a few moments before stampeding across the ring and trying to hit the Onrushing Terror, and just a split second before connecting Chojiro flipped over him and tried to take him over with a roll up, only to have Dread hold onto the ropes and kick him in the head. The big man then headed up to the top rope, seemingly going for the Dread Sault, and some fans got up on their feet, but Kitoaji sprung full of life and followed him up there, battering away with forearms to the back. Dread refused to go down though and nailed a sick back elbow to the chin that knocked the youngster back down to the ring. The gaijin realised there was little reason to be up there now, and headed back down before pulling Kitoaji up to his feet. Following a quick knee and a clubbing blow he whipped the smaller man across the ring and signalled for a shoulder block, but Kitoaji exploded out of nowhere with the Kitoaji Lariat. Dread stayed up though! Chojiro couldn’t believe it and ran to the ropes again, bounced off the opposite ones to gain more speed and then nailed it again, but Dread still stayed up. Kitoaji ripped off his elbow pad before running the ropes again, and when he tried to go for a third one he was nearly knocked clean out of his boots with a lariat from the big man. He hit the mat like a sack of potatoes, leaving him to be pulled up to his feet by Dread who then kicked him in the gut and nailed a beastly Dread Bomb and making the cover.

One...

Two...

Thre..NO!

Somehow, someway, Kitoaji managed to kick out of the Dread Bomb, a move only two others in the promotion have kicked out of before, those being Mito Miwa and Yoshimi Mushashibo. Dread was beside himself, unable to believe it, and pulled the smaller man up to his feet for another Dread Bomb, but Kitoaji suddenly came to life yet again and unloaded a seemingly unending series of a forearms and elbows before booting him in the gut and running to the ropes. When he came back he nailed a spinning sleeper slam, called the NG Blade, finally managing to get the big man off his feet, and then tried to go for the cover. He came very close, but only got a two count. Kitoaji then pointed to his revealed elbow before daring Dread to get back up to his feet, something the big man slowly did. When he was up to one knee, Chojiro ran to the ropes, and went for the Kitoaji Lariat a fourth time, but Dread was able to duck it, and as Kitoaji turned around, caught the youngster with another Dread Smack. As the smaller man was dazed by the shot, the gaijin took him up into the air and nailed another Dread Bomb, this time knocking out Chojiro, who had nothing left in the tank to kick out with, giving Dread the very hard fought victory.

Winners: Dread by pinfall in 12:38 - A

Match 3: Morimasa Kato vs. Nigel Svensson

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MorimasaKato_FIN2.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NigelSvensson.jpg

Kato came down to the ring not looking so confident this time, but he still strutted down the ramp and after getting in the ring climbed onto the turnbuckles, almost demanding applause. Nigel didn’t waste any time as usual as he rolled straight into the ring after running down the ramp. Kato tried to jump the gaijin with a quick kick to the side of the head, but Nigel was able to catch the leg and then shoved Kato to the mat before trying to lock him in a leg lock. Kato wasn’t willing to risk it and tried to kick the gaijin off, and it took until a fourth or so to shake the Swedish Crippler off. But as soon as Kato was up on his feet Nigel charged him again and took him off his feet. The same as before happened with Kato eventually being able to shake him off, and this time when he got to his feet he charged at the gaijin, forearms blazing as he hit shot after shot into Nigel’s face, then whipped him across the ring. When he came back, he tried to go for a stiff kick to the chest, only to have Nigel jump over the outstretched leg and then trip up the native Kato yet again, this time managing to lock in a leg lock, with Nigel lying on his side to keep the pressure on. Kato absolutely flat out refused to give up however, constantly trying to reach for the ropes, which he was eventually able to get to, forcing Nigel to back off.

After a few moments, the two men began to circle each other again, and when the locked up in the middle they tried to battle in a test of strength, but neither man was able to get any advantage until Kato kicked Nigel in the side of the knee before locking in an arm wringer. The gaijin held on though before taking Kato down to the mat with a snap mare style takedown, and the two engaged in a quick mat wrestling sequence, each man wriggling free of the body hold, headlock before anything could be done until both men were left staring at each other, followed by some applause from the crowd for the exchange. A few moments passed before they locked up again, and this time it was Nigel taking Kato over with a headlock takedown, only to be caught in a head scissors. He managed to escape and tried another headlock takedown, but was again caught in a head scissors. After kipping out of it and getting up to his feet, he stumbled while heading towards Kato, who took advantage and nailed a big kick right to the chest, causing the gaijin to cringe in pain and drop down to one knee. Morimasa grinned before nailing another big kick, then ran to the ropes. When he came back, he tried to go for a dropkick, but Nigel rolled out of the way just in time before locking up with Kato, eventually forcing him into the corner. The gaijin cleanly broke the hold, but Kato slapped him across the face, prompting him to kick Kato in the gut before unloading with several stiff knees right to the jaw that nearly knocked the native out, his eyes glazing over as he slumped forward onto the mat.

These two continued to trade moves and control for the remaining time of the match, and in the final minutes they really kicked it up a notch, with Kato coming dangerously close to winning the match after hitting a German Suplex, getting a fantastic angle and grace behind it, only to have Nigel kick out just in time. After being beaten about for a little while after that, Nigel was able to counter an armbar attempt with a stiff forearm right to the jaw before running to the ropes. When he came back, Kato tried to hit a kick again, but Nigel caught his leg and took him over with a dragon screw leg whip. After waiting for the native to get up to his feet, Nigel charged at him and nailed a jumping knee that sent Kato reeling into the ropes. When he bounced back, Nigel leapt into the air and nailed an arm drag/jumping knee armbar takedown combo that caused Kato to yell out in pain. The gaijin signalled to the crowd and pulled his knee pad down, but when he went for the Wigan Slash, Kato was able to dodge it at just the last second, and instantly got up to his feet before nailing several kicks right to the chest of Nigel, sending him reeling into the corner. Following a few more kicks, Kato dragged the gaijin into the middle of the ring and went for another German Suplex, only to have Nigel resist it, and once he got back on his feet he reversed it into a German Suplex of his own. Kato landed right on his head, and as soon as he got up to his feet Nigel nailed the Wigan Slash, knocking him out before the gaijin went for the cover, getting a hard fought victory.

Winner: Nigel Svensson by pinfall in 12:59 – B

Match 4: Tetsunori Yasuda vs. Washi Tanaka

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TetsunoriYasuda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/WashiHeat_FIN2.jpg

These two men couldn’t keep their inter stable dislike purely in the ring, because as Yasuda was making his way down to the ring, Tanaka surprise attacked him from behind, sending him sprawling. After a smirk and an adjustment of his headband he began to stomp on the back of his rival before pulling him back up to his feet. After a quick boot to the gut he seemed to go for the Washi Explosion already, but Yasuda was able to come to and resisted being lifted up, before landing on his feet and then taking over Tanaka with a snap suplex, the ENDANGER member’s back coming crashing down on the unforgiving concrete. He yelled out in pain the second he hit, and Yasuda soon got up to his feet, a grin on his face as he rolled into the ring. After some time, Tanaka followed him back in, and the two began to exchange blows quickly before Yasuda took advantage of Tanaka not being all there and nailing few consecutive elbows to the jaw and whipping him across the ring. When he came back, he tried to go for a shoulder block, but Tanaka just took the impact and got right in the face of Yasuda, who didn’t back down. After what seemed like forever, Yasuda pushed Tanaka away, only to receive a stiff forearm to the jaw before getting booted in the gut. Washi looked out into the crowd before hoisting his rival up into the air and hitting a twisting suplex and going for the cover. He only managed a two count however, with Yasuda kicking out just in time.

Tanaka didn’t really care though, happy to carry on dealing damage, locking Yasuda in a tight crowbar, really bending the limb back each time. The Dragon refused to tap out though, and fought his way over to the ropes and managed to grab hold of the bottom one. However, as he pulled himself up to his feet, Tanaka caught him across the face with a couple of punches before whipping him across the ring. When he came back, Tanaka tried to take him up and over with a powerslam, but Yasuda was able to land on his feet and ran to the ropes himself. Tanaka turned around just in time to be blasted with a running forearm that sent him right to the mat, and also seemed to stun him, as he couldn’t focus his eyes properly. Yasuda followed up with a few stomps before pulling him back up to his feet and locking him in a side headlock. Tanaka slowly began to fade in the hold, eventually dropping down to one knee, but just when it seemed like he might be out of it, he summoned some final bits of energy and picked Yasuda up into the air before bringing him crashing down with a back drop. To his surprise though, Yasuda kept the headlock locked in tight, and was refusing to let go whatsoever. Even when Tanaka was able to connect with a few punches across the jaw, Yasuda kept it cinched in, before Washi was eventually able to get up to his feet and bounce him off the ropes. When he came back, Washi bent over to hit a big back body drop, but Yasuda kicked him stiffly in the chest, and then tried to go for a DDT, only to have Washi fight back with a few elbows to the gut and a big uppercut to the chin that sent him reeling.

After a few more exchanges of blows and a failed Washi Explosion attempt, Yasuda was in control after hitting a running knee. As Tanaka steadied himself, Tetsunori tried to follow up with the Minilla Plunge. He took too long to go for the move however, as Tanaka was able to land on his feet after being lifted into the air and ran to the ropes. When he came back, Yasuda was able to block a knee attempt, but got caught with a forearm to the nose that staggered him, allowing Washi to go for a Washi Explosion. He hit it, dumping the slightly taller man on the back of the neck, but for some reason, he didn’t go for the cover, instead deciding to go for a second Washi Explosion, just to really rub it in. This proved to be a mistake, as when he went for the move, Yasuda was able to knee him in the gut and then nailed the Minilla Plunge out of nowhere, before hooking the leg and getting the victory. Washi’s arrogance had cost him the match.

Winner: Tetsunori Yasuda by pinfall in 9:36 – B

Match 5: Akinori Kwakami© vs. Danger Kumasaka.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_Historical.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AkinoriKwakami.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/DangerKumasaka.jpg

Akinori walked down to the ring sporting a proud smile on his face, as if he was proud to be facing his opponent tonight, but it could also be pride about holding the belt as well. Danger seemed to struggle on his way down to the ring, but as soon as he stepped into the ring his passion for the sport shot through him and he shook the champ’s hand before they split to their corners. As the bell rang to signal the start of the match, the two men began to circle each other before engaging in a test of strength. Kumasaka initially had control, twisting the champ’s hands round so he cringed in pain, but the younger man showed his skill when he quickly reversed it into a hammerlock, only to have the veteran reverse it into a hammerlock of his own, and when Kwakami tried to snap mare him over Danger kneed him in the back and then threw him to the mat for an arm bar. Kwakami was able to kip up though and locked in an arm wringer, forcing the veteran down to one knee, but Danger was able to trip up the younger man and then tried to lock him in a seated arm bar of his own, only to see the champ wriggle free and get up to his feet.

Kumasaka followed him up and tried to lock him in a side headlock, only to have him whip the veteran across the ring. When he came back, the champ tried to take him down with an arm drag, but Danger was able to resist it and then tripped him up again before attempting to lock in the Aurora Surfboard Vice already, but Akinori was able to scramble over to the ropes. An uneasy staredown followed, and the fans loudly applauded that last exchange, surprised to see Danger being able to keep up with the champ so effortlessly. Several more exchanges like this followed, with the champ eventually being able to gain solid control following a belly to belly suplex. He scurried over to the veteran and locked in a tight armbar, but Danger refused to tap out now, and was able to fight his way over to the ropes. Akinori didn’t let up though, as he just dragged the legend into the middle of the ring and began to work over his legs, at one point getting close to locking in the Kwakami Painlock, until Danger was able to roll over and kick the youngster in the face quite stiffly. After using the ropes to pull himself up, clearly favouring his weakened left leg, Danger tried to challenge the champion to a battle of forearms, only to find himself on the losing end when he stumbled during one of his responses. Kwakami noticed this and kicked the veteran in the bad leg, causing him to cringe and drop down to one knee.

Smelling blood in the water, Kwakami carried on targeting the leg with various strikes and a knee breaker, with that move causing Danger to scream out in pain as he fell to the canvas. The champ signalled to the crowd and dragged his challenger into the middle of the ring. He then pulled him up to his feet and tried to go for another knee breaker, but Danger was able to summon his last reserves of energy and hit a flurry of elbows right to the face of the champ, who dropped him. Danger landed on his feet, cringing slightly, but took advantage of Akinori being stunned to go for the Danger Plex. However, when he lifted the younger man into the air, his knee gave way and he didn’t get the full impact. Akinori still cringed, but Danger seemed to come off worse, as he writhed on the mat grabbing his leg. Kwakami soon got up to his feet, and seeing Danger still on the mat, cinched in the Kwakami Painlock. To Kumasaka’s credit, despite the agonising pain he refused to tap for an amazing length of time. Eventually he had no choice but to, as the champ had it locked in slap bang in the middle of the ring. When the referee called for the bell, Kwakami released the hold and celebrated the victory.

Winner: Akinori Kwakami by submission in 15:11 – B-

Always glad to help, sir :D. You'll remain worthy as long as you keep posting gold like this.

Poor Kato, coming off an amazing non-title match with Kawashima (who I now know is the Glory Crown Champion! :cool:), only to lose another one to the definitely not Glory Crown champion Svensson. Still a good match though, and it makes me quite happy to see Kato this good, as I've always been a fan of his for no reason whatsoever.

Also, I'd like to point out that over the past two show writeups I've started to become quite fond of Toyota Munkata, which I never thought would happen. But with the matches you've made him into somewhat of an early-90s Shinjiro Ohtani in my eyes, what with the brilliant mat wrestling with the occasional spinning heel kick or brutal strike thrown in. His match with Yasuda reminded me of Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Shinjiro Otani from Super J Cup 1995 (one of my favorite matches ever, even if it's barely five minutes long - on a side note I've always modeled Yasuda after Mochizuki in my games (I think it's the gui)), and I should also add that I seriously marked out for the Super Dragon Screw finish. One of my very favorite, rarely-seen moves of all time.

That was much more longwinded than I anticipated it being. To sum things up, this dynasty is amazing.

hrdcore, all I can say is thank you so much. To get that kind of compliment makes me a happy trekkie haha, and drives me to carry this on. Kato has always been a fav of mine to have, as he rarely disappoints in all the games I’ve had. Especially later on in this diary, he has some fantastic matches that surprised me and made me re-think where I was going with him. Good to know that I’ve made you like a character in here, and who knows what Totoya could end up doing haha, he is the most talented of the four young lions at the moment, Smith doesn’t count as he is respected enough, so he might be the first to break out. Oh, and a personal note, that match is one of my favourites too ;) haha, always been a fan of Otani. Very pleasing to have that kind of feedback my friend, thankyou :), especially having made you mark out haha.

PGHW Night of PRIDE

Part Two - Matches 6-9

Held at the Kanagawa Stadium

Friday, Week 4, March 2012

Attendance = 29,433

PPV Buy-Rate = 4.79

Match 6: Noriyori Sanda vs. Oleg Dorosklov

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NoriyoriSanda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OlegDorosklov.jpg

In a clash of stables, these two were very focused on their way down to the ring. And almost as soon as the bell rang they locked up and began to brawl their way across their way across the ring, Oleg hitting chops and slaps, and Sanda nailing forearms and the odd elbow here and there. Eventually they wound up on the ropes while locked up, and when the referee came to separate them Oleg took a cheap shot and slapped Sanda, causing the crowd to boo him loudly. But as the gaijin posed happily, Sanda immediately charged forward and nailed a big dropkick to the chest that sent him reeling into the ropes, and when he came back Sanda took him down with a judo style throw, mocking his opponent, and locked him in an arm bar. Oleg struggled initially before rolling backwards and then catching Sanda in a headscissors, forcing Sanda to release him and kip out of the hold. Oleg’s leg was still outstretched, and Sanda took advantage by grabbing it suddenly and then spinning around before locking in a scissored leg lock, causing Oleg to yell in pain and grimace. Luckily for him, he was close to the ropes and managed to grab hold of them, forcing Sanda away once again. The gaijin used the ropes to pull himself up, but when he walked towards his opponent, he found himself on the receiving end of a vicious Roaring Elbow, stunning him, before Sanda wrenched him arm round, doubling him over.

Oleg soon recovered though, and showed his expertise with a quick reversal into an arm wrench of his own, only to have Sanda go hold for hold with him for half a minute before Oleg kicked him in the shin then took him over with a modified judo throw. Oleg grabbed his arms and forced them down, going for a cover, but Sanda got his shoulder up, and after rolling backwards forced Oleg’s arms back, causing him to cringe. Sanda tried to keep it on, but the gaijin used his superior strength to stretch out of the hold and then take Sanda down with another judo throw before locking him in a head/arm scissors combo. Nori was able to force his way over to the ropes however, placing his foot on the bottom. Oleg wasn’t about to stop though, and after letting Sanda get up to his knees, began to unload with a series of kicks straight to the chest before whipping him across the ring. When he came back, the gaijin tried to take him down with a spinebuster, but Sanda was able to back flip off of the bigger man, causing most of the crowd to applaud and cheer, then nailed a running forearm to the jaw that stunned him. The native booted him in the gut and then took him over with a snap suplex before going for the cover, only to have Oleg easily power out of it and get up to his feet. Sanda tried to rush in and lock up again, but the gaijin kicked him in the gut and then nailed a jumping knee that sent Nori reeling.

Oleg quickly followed up with a big chop to the shoulder before wrenching the arm round and locking Sanda in an arm wringer. The smaller man struggled against the pain, but after elbowing the gaijin in the gut several times he was able to somersault with ease and then locked Oleg into an arm wringer himself, but the gaijin was too talented in this area this time, as he easily broke out of the hold and while doing it threw Sanda down to the mat with a judo throw again. Sanda got up quite quickly, but had a look of concern on his face, as he wasn’t quite sure what to do. Oleg was on the attack almost immediately afterwards however, as the gaijin charged at him and began to brawl with him yet again before locking in a hammerlock. Sanda was able to take him over with a snap mare, but Oleg showed his own athleticism by landing on his feet and then sweeping Sanda’s legs out from under him, and then locking him in a cross arm breaker. Nori refused to tap and slid his way over to the ropes, causing Oleg to release him, but not before the gaijin nailed a strong heel kick to the gut that winded the smaller man, leaving him gasping for air.

Oleg got up to his feet and began to dare Sanda up to his as well, and when he did, he tried to go for the Blood Rush, but the native Sanda seemed to be getting enraged, as he easily blocked the kicks before nailing his own set of kicks, the Sanda Series, and after nailing the big jumping spin kick to the jaw, he pulled Oleg back up to his feet before sending him high overhead with a German Suplex. The gaijin landed on his head, but was able to kick out at two, before rolling onto his knees. Sanda saw his chances and tried to run forward and hit a football kick, taken from Inukai, right to the forehead, but Oleg shot up and grabbed his leg before sending him down to the mat with a dragon screw leg whip. While Sanda rolled around in pain, Oleg pulled him back up and then nailed a knee breaker, causing the native to yell out and grab his knee in agony. The gaijin smiled at the damage he was causing, and after pulling Sanda up to his feet a third time, he again went for the Blood Rush, only to have Sanda surprise him during the STO attempt with a hurracanrana out of nowhere. The move did more damage to Nori however, landing on his bad knee. Oleg took a few moments to get up, and after shaking the cobwebs clear, he spotted Sanda slowly getting up to his feet. After preparing himself, and when Sanda got up to his feet, he charged forward and hit the final part of the Blood Rush, a running STO, delivered with brutal force. Nori was almost out of it from the impact, and Oleg managed to pick up a surprisingly open victory, with both men having shining moments in it, but Oleg especially being seen in a good light.

Winner: Oleg Dorokslov by pinfall in 14:31 – B

Match 7: Team Toronto© vs. Murayama & Ugaki

For the PGHW Glory Crown Tag Titles

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_GloryTag.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/AlexanderRobinson.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/LeeBennett.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/RyomaMuruyama.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasaruUgaki.jpg

The champs and challenger both looked very confident heading into this, with Ugaki especially looking happy to be here, despite his two recent losses last week. When the bell rang, Ryoma and Alex went to the apron, leaving Ugaki and Lee to be the legal men. After circling each other for a while, they locked up in the middle of the ring and then tried for a test of strength, with Lee getting the advantage initially before being forced back up right by Ugaki, who then kicked the gaijin in the knee before spinning round and hitting a spin kick right to the gut that doubled him over. Masaru then wrenched his arm round before pulling him over to his corner, looking to tag in his partner, only to have Lee pull him into a stiff forearm that staggered him. The champ then quickly followed up with a boot to the gut before taking him over with a snap suplex, Ugaki arching his back in pain before Lee jumped on top of him to make the cover, only to get a one count. Both men got up at about the same time, and began to engage in an exchange of blows, with both men trading chops. Ugaki showed shades of his mentor when he hit a big spinning chop right to the neck, but Lee showed his resilience when he ducked under a second one and then nailed a back drop that plunked the native challenger right on his head. Both men were down for some time after that, before Lee made it over to his corner and tagged in Alex.

The other champ eagerly clambered into the ring and pulled Ugaki up to his feet before nailing a few stiff kicks to the chest. Ugaki was left breathless before being whipped across the ring, and when he came back he got caught with another right to the throat that dropped him down to one knee. Alex smiled and turned to run to the ropes, but when he came back, Ugaki leapt into the air and nailed a leg lariat right to the jaw that sent the champ straight to the mat. Masaru then got up to his feet while Alex was stunned and tagged in Ryoma, who somersaulted over the ropes before running opposite him, and when he came back he nailed a recovering Alex in the chest with a sliding dropkick before going for the cover. He got a two count, but didn’t leave it there, pulling the gaijin up to his feet and whipping him across the ring. Alex was still stunned and was barely able to duck the lariat attempt from the youngster, then got caught with a beautiful dropkick to the chin that again knocked him to the mat. Ryoma signalled to the fans and tried to climb up the turnbuckles, but Alex quickly came to and followed him up there, and the two began to exchange blows, Alex nailing stiff forearms and Ryoma retaliating with a few forearms of his own. Neither man seemed to be gaining any headway until Ryoma nailed a knee lift that staggered the gaijin, then nailed a beautiful super headscissors from the top rope that sent Alex tumbling across the ring. He scrambled over for another cover, but Alex was able to kick out just in time.

The champs were in trouble, and the challengers knew it, as Ryoma tagged back out to Ugaki. Masaru seemed to have recovered as he quickly stepped into the ring and began to work over Alex on the mat, attempting a spinning toe hold, but the champ was able to kick him off before getting up to his feet. The youngster didn’t want to lose control and charged forward before nailing Alex with chops that reddened his chest before then whipping him across the ring. When he came back he nailed the Arc Kick right across the jaw that spun Alex round in a circle before going for the cover, but again only got a two count. The challengers managed to dominate Alex before the gaijin was able to duck a clothesline attempt from Ryoma and then nail a release German Suplex, dumping him right on his head. After tagging out to Lee, the other champ rushed into the ring and set about like a house on fire, nailing forearms left right and centre before pulling Ryoma up to his feet and whipping him across the ring. When he came back, he chopped him in the chest before then taking him over with a snap suplex, then pumped his arm, before pulling Ryoma up again. After a quick knee to the gut, he hit a big double axe handle right across the shoulder blades that caused the youngster to drop to one knee, and after running to the ropes, Lee hit a running boot across the head that dropped him. After more tags in and out, it ended up as Alex and Ryoma again during the final moments, and following a running neckbreaker, Alex began to set up for the Canadian Violence, stomping his foot on the mat, but when he ran forward to hit it, Ryoma dodged it and then hit a hurracanrana pin when the gaijin turned around, hooking the leg.

One...

Two...

Thr..NO!

Alex kicked out just in time and got up to his feet, and when Ryoma finally got up to his feet as well and turned around to carry on, he was almost taken right out of his boots with the Canadian Violence to the chin. After a few moments to take a breath, Alex fell on top for the cover, prompting Ugaki to try and rush in to save his partner, but just before he would have broken up the pin, Lee jumped in and kicked him in the gut before nailing the Return Ticket, allowing the champions to retain in a fantastic tag match.

Winners: Team Toronto by pinfall on Murayama in 14:47 - B+

Match 8: Yoshimi Mushashibo vs. Nobuatsu Tatsuko

Phenom vs. Iron Man

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/YoshimiMushashibo.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NobuatsuTatsuko.jpg

On their way down to the ring, Yoshimi looked very focused tonight, obviously intent on proving himself for the title race again, while Tatsuko looked very happy just to be here, but after their introductions, both men locked eyes and stood stock still for a while before they circled each other, eyes still staring a hole through the other. After a brief lock up, Tatsuko was able to use his power to force the Phenom into the ropes, but this did little to help him as the two rolled across the ropes trying to gain control, until Tatsuko was again able to gain control and nail a few stiff forearms right across the jaw that had the smaller man cringing and shaking his head to try and get rid of the pain. Nobu kicked him in the gut and then cinched in a side headlock, and when Yoshimi tried to get out of it by bouncing him off the ropes, Nobu kept the hold on and dropped to his butt, bringing Yoshimi down with him still in the headlock. Nobu tightened the hold, but the Phenom still refused to stay down and got up to his feet before bouncing him off the ropes again, only to get the same result and be stuck in the middle of the ring. However, his technical mastery began to show through when he nearly effortlessly was able to spin out of it and then lock in a front headlock, body scissors combo out of nowhere, causing Nobu to yell in pain and flail desperately for the ropes. He was being bent almost double, but was able to slowly but surely get over to the ropes to force Yoshimi to let go. After letting him recover, Yoshimi charged right in and nailed a big chop to the chest that stunned Nobu, before nailing another that sent him reeling into the corner.

Yoshimi now had him right where he wanted him, and without leaving any time for Nobu to recover, he unleashed his entire arsenal of chops on the older man, who to his credit still stayed up on his feet, even if after a fifth kesagiri he dropped down to one knee, but that after an entire minute of Yoshimi’s chops. However, when Yoshi hit him with another to try and keep control, Nobu stood right up and got in his face, yelling at him before hitting a big punch to the nose that stunned Yoshi, and then nailed another before booting him in the gut. He then ran to the ropes, but when he returned Yoshimi nailed a big knee right to the gut that flipped Nobu head over heels, then went for the cover, but only got a two count. Nobu slowly got up to his feet, and when he did Yoshimi was waiting for him, as he booted him in the gut before dropping him back to the canvas with a big scoop slam. As Nobu arched his back and yelled in pain, Yoshimi began to pick his opponent apart, locking in different holds all over the body, including a figure four leg lock, but Nobu was able to fight his way to the ropes. The Phenom was frustrated at this and tried to pull Nobu into the middle of the ring, but when he went for a Boston Crab, the older man was able to power out of it and then kick Yoshimi in the gut, doubling him over, before then nailing him with a big punch to the head that staggered him. Nobu then got up to his feet and kicked him in the gut, signalled to the crowd, and then lifted the smaller man into the air for a brainbuster before drilling Yoshimi head first into the mat.

He went for the cover directly after, but Yoshimi was able to kick out just after the two, but was still nowhere near being fully conscious, with that brain buster seeming to scramble him. Nobu took advantage of this and began to work over Yoshimi’s arms, trying to take away the Exploder Suplex arsenal of his, but what he soon found out was that he really shouldn’t be fighting Yoshimi in his home territory, as he had every single hold he applied countered before eventually the two men were standing facing each other. After a nod of respect, the two men locked up again, and another exchange of blows broke out, with Nobu hitting elbows and forearms, while Yoshimi connected with open hand slaps to the chest. Neither man gained any lee way until Yoshimi ducked under a clothesline attempt then nailed a kesagiri right to the throat that caused Nobu to drop down to one knee, gasping for air. Mushashibo hit a quick kick to the chest before pulling him up to his feet and taking him down with a scoop slam, then went back on the mat assault, locking in a crowbar. Nobu was in a lot of pain, and tried desperately to reach the ropes, but he wasn’t able to move Yoshimi, who was intent on making him tap out right here, right now. Nobu refused to do so however, and managed to eventually summon the energy to power up to his knees and scurry over to the ropes, forcing Yoshimi to release him. Mushashibo wasn’t happy, and got right back up to his feet before stomping on a fading Nobu, and then dragged him into the middle of the ring. He signalled with a three sign, suggesting he was going for the Mushashibo-Plex III, but when he tried to pull Nobu up to his feet, he got caught with a series of elbows to the gut that stunned him, before Nobu was able to catch him with a bridging northern lights suplex out of nowhere and going for the pin, but he only got a two count, Yoshimi managing to power out of it and then try to go for his own. Nobu was able to get back down to his feet though and planted the Phenom with a DDT right on his head, but couldn’t go for the cover due to being too tired.

Both men continued to trade control before Yoshimi signalled for the Yoshimi Explosion ’98, only to have Nobu knee him in the gut to escape it and rush to the ropes. When he came back, Yoshimi tried to take him over with a big back body drop, but Nobu showed amazing athleticism for a guy his age when he was able to somersault over him and land on his feet. As Yoshimi turned around, Nobu tried to go for the Tatsuko Blind Kick, only to have the Phenom matrix under it, grab it, and then take the veteran to the mat with an ankle lock. Tatsuko refused to tap, despite the agony he was in, and Yoshimi realised this, and began to think what to do. He figured it out soon though, as he released the older man from the ankle lock, and as he recovered, kicked him in the face to stun him before then locking in the Yoshimi Lock. Tatsuko was now slap bang in the middle of the ring, and with nowhere to go. He still refused to tap however, despite being in absolute agony. He showed his toughness when instead of tapping to the pain, and with Yoshimi refusing to release the hold, Nobu instead passed out, his body unable to take it anymore. The fans nearly erupted when Yoshimi was announced the winner, mainly in applause for that match, but also for Tatsuko’s return match.

Winner: Yoshimi Mushashibo by submission in 17:48 – A

Match 9: Mito Miwa vs. Eisaku Kunomasu

Finals of the PGHW Elite Series 2012

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PGHW_Elite.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MitoMiwa.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EisakuKunomasu.jpg

The tension in the air was amazing heading into this match, mainly because of the quality of matches the semi-finals produced, leading many to expect another classic here tonight. Miwa had overcome two colossal opponents in Raymond Diaz and Yoshimi Mushashibo to get here, while Eisaku had beaten PRIDE Koiso and Shuji Inukai, that final match being hailed as a MOTYC. After making their entrances, both men stared blankly across the ring at each other, with Miwa occasionally bouncing on his feet before the bell rang. A few moments later they began to circle each other, before rushing in with tentative strikes here and there, only to have none hit home and force them to back away again. This happened a few more times before they did eventually lock up, but yet again it resulted in a stalemate as neither man was able to get any sort of power or control. Miwa grew tired of this and tried to nail a quick kick out of nowhere, only to have Eisaku easily catch it and then throw him to the mat with a Dragon Screw leg whip, to which Miwa fought through the pain before blasting back with several quick forearms right to the jaw that sent Eisaku into the corner before dropping down to one knee, cringing in pain. After shaking the pain away he tried to whip his opponent across the ring, only to get caught with a stiff forearm himself and then kicked in the gut.

Kunomasu took a few steps back before trying to hit a running knee lift, only to have Miwa block it and then nail another forearm before whipping him across the ring. When he came back he went for lariat, only to have Eisaku nailing a big Launching Knee Strike, causing Miwa’s had to snap back viciously, and go for a cover. He only got a two count, but Miwa looked almost completely out of it already from that knee. Eisaku then set to work on weakening the arms of his opponent, locking in several different armlocks, before hitting a jumping knee drop right into the elbow and then locking in a cross arm breaker. Miwa cringed and groaned in pain before finally getting to the ropes, forcing Eisaku to break the hold. He didn’t stop the attack however, because as soon as he was up on his feet he dragged his opponent back into the middle of the ring before locking him into another cross arm breaker. Miwa did the same as before, fighting his way to the ropes. This time he used the ropes to pull himself up to his feet, and when Eisaku tried to charge in with another launching knee, Miwa was able to drop down and pull the rope with him, causing Eisaku to go flying over the top rope, bounce off of the apron and land on the cold hard floor below, grimacing in pain and holding his head. A while passed before Miwa then went outside and rolled Eisaku into the ring for a cover, but only got a two count.

For the next several minutes this was the general formula, as both men tried their best to put each other away, before resorting to desperate measures. Towards the end of the match, Eisaku came very close to hitting another Launching Knee Strike, but Miwa was able to suddenly duck out of the way and then when he touched down quickly nailed a forearm to the back before taking him up and over with a Bridging German Suplex, but he only got a two count. Eisaku slowly got up to his feet, rubbing his head, which was heavily being worked on, while Miwa seemed to get up quite quickly. When he saw Eisaku on his feet he rushed towards him, trying to hit a lariat, only to have Eisaku duck and then kick him in the side of the knee, causing Miwa to yell out and drop down to his knees. The Lord of Strong Style was quick to follow up and locked in a combination figure four neck lock with arm bar, but Miwa still refused to tap, managing to slowly but surely creep over to the ropes before placing his foot on the bottom rope.

Eisaku was furious and rushed up to his feet, perhaps too quickly as he seemed to stagger as if he was dizzy, allowing Miwa to get up to his feet and nail a series of forearms with his good arm before running to the ropes. Eisaku wasn’t able to resist anything, and when Miwa came back with a spinning lariat right across the throat, it nearly took him out of his boots. Mito scurried over to make the cover, but yet again only got a two count, some of the fans heavily behind Eisaku and applauding him for his resilience. Miwa tried again, pulling Eisaku up to his feet before booting him in the gut, but when he tried to go for an arm wringer, the more experienced Eisaku was able to easily escape it before locking in an arm wringer of his own, before transitioning to a hammerlock, then quickly to a side headlock before spinning into a drop toehold that forced Miwa onto his face. Eisaku tried then to lock in a single leg Boston Crab, but Miwa powered out of it and crawled over to the ropes, managing to grab them, something that didn’t please Eisaku at all. He waited for Miwa to get up to his feet before booting him in the gut and whipping him across the ring. When he came back he booted him in the gut before lifting him into the air with a powerbomb attempt, only to have Miwa nail a stiff elbow across the jaw to knock him to the mat. Miwa grabbed a leg and the referee began the count, but Eisaku managed to kick out just in time.

In the final minute of the match, both men were getting tired, and they were just looking for any way to end the match. Miwa was able to nail a quick kick to the chest on Eisaku when he tried to go for a clothesline, but wasn’t able to follow it up with anything, being too dazed. Kunomasu took advantage of this and kneed him in the gut before proceeding to knee him several times in the face and run to the ropes. When he came back, Miwa summoned a load of energy before nailing a big open hand chop right to the chest, causing Eisaku to recoil in pain, before following up with a massive barrage of elbows right to the bridge of the nose, dazing Kunomasu. The Pride Warrior saw his chance and signalled to the crowd before running to the ropes, on his last supply of energy. When he came back, he tried to go for the Pride Bomber, a running pin point elbow to the temple, but Eisaku surprised him and the audience again when he caught Miwa with the same move that put away PRIDE Koiso, a jumping arm bar roll through. Mito saw what was coming next and tried desperately to get to the ropes, but Eisaku kneed him in the side of the head and then locked in the Kunomasu Vice, causing Miwa to tap out almost instantly due to it being cinched in on his weak arm. When the bell rang to signify the end of the mat, Eisaku flopped onto his back, almost in amazement. Miwa had to be removed from the ring by the referee, who then helped him to the back.

A few moments after being handed the trophy and celebrating, Eisaku turned to face the PrideTron, and noticed the Glory Crown champion Kozue Kawashima looking right back at him from the top of the ramp. The two men had a staredown, with Eisaku signalling for the belt, when all of a sudden Yoshimi Mushashibo charged out from the back and levelled the champion with an enzu lariat. Kozue crumpled under the force of the blow, and Mushashibo picked up the dropped Glory Crown before lifting it high into the air. Eisaku looked both confused, due to wondering why Yoshimi was lifting the title, and happy, having seen his future opponent, whenever he chooses to face the champ, damaged already.

Winner: Eisaku Kunomasu by submission in 25:54 – A

Summary:

Brandon Smith & The American Express def. Miyamoto, Miki & Munakata – B

Dread def. Chojiro Kitoaji – A

Nigel Svensson def. Morimasa Kato – B

Tetsunori Yasuda def. Washi Tanaka – B

Akinori Kwakami def. Danger Kumasaka to retain – B-

Oleg Dorokslov def. Noriyori Sanda – B

Team Toronto def. Murayama & Ugaki to retain – B+

Yoshimi Mushashibo def. Nobuatsu Tatsuko – A

Eisaku Kunomasu def. Mito Miwa to win the Elite Series - A

Overall = A

Notes: A good show overall, with the last two matches helping us to get up that glorious A rated show overall. The Dread/Kitoaji match gives me high hopes for Kitoaji in the future, as without any chemistry notes he pulled off an A with a slowing Dread. The Historical Japan match was a disappointment, with the two not appearing to click. Would like to have some overall feedback on this show if that's possible, as I went pretty much all out, though admittedly on these last matches I felt like I could've done more, but didn't want to bore you :p. Final thing before I finally shut up haha, thankyou to all who voted for me so far in the Rookie Diary thread, although I have no chance of winning now, what with foolinc getting a deserved runaway victory, makes me happy to know I can get that many votes. I dread competing in the Cornellverse Main DOTM if I ever do now haha.

Fantastic show Trekkie! I've got to say your recap are some I've ever read, if I haven't already. And to be honest, while I was pretty sure I was going to win the Rookie DOTM (not because I think it's better, but because the daily format and easy to read style is a magnet for the casual readers and some vets as well), I prefer to read a diary like yours or TK.

Hopefully you can keep this diary running for a long time. :D

The writeups are tremendous, as always, with Miwa vs. Kunomasu being particularly good. Why no love for my boy Ugaki in his tag match? The poor guy got creamed in the beginning, and Muruyama hotdogged the whole rest of the match. Guess that's why they lost. :D Still, I can forgive making Ugaki look weak with the strength of the rest of the show. Keep up the good work.

|Thank you very much both of you for those comments

:D. hrdcore, I just looked over and saw how much I pretty much pooped on Ugaki, but worry not. Things will get better for him ;). foolinc, it means a lot coming from you :), and that's true, I doubt there are many people who have hours free to read through my matches haha. I've already played through this diary until the end of the Elite Tag Series in November, so as long as I'm willing to write matches this'll be going for a while :).

We come off a fantastic Pay Per View with Night of PRIDE as he begin the build up to Night of FORTITUDE, and it would appear that Yoshimi Mushashibo has pushed himself into contention following his attack on the champ Kozue Kawashima at the climax of the show. His title shot will take place at FORTITUDE, will Kunomasu add himself into that match with his Elite Series win?

We could get a possible view of what the title defence will be like as main eventing Night Eight we have Kawashima and Koiso taking on Team Dynasty 2000, Shuji Inukai and Yoshimi Mushashibo, in a near dream match. Will Yoshimi be able to get the lead on his future opponent, or will the champ send a message with a victory here?

Opening the show we have an exciting six man tag as Murayama, Ugaki and Sanda take on the Glory Lion trio of Miyamoto, Miki & Munakata. Will the youngsters be able to get the victory here, or will the other team, all coming off losses at Night of PRIDE, get back on track with a win?

Danger Kumasaka, unable to wrestle the Historical Japan title away from Kwakami, takes on a former champion in Testunori Yasuda. Will the veteran be able to get back on form, or will Yasuda take advantage and push himself forward by beating the legend?

Wael Hossam, a wrestling prodigy, makes his debut with us when he takes on Nigel Svensson, who is on fire as of late. This looks set to be a fantastic mat based contest, but could easily become a brutal brawl. Will the Swedish Crippler put away the Egyptian prodigy, or will Nigel have his run nipped in the bud?

Chojiro Kitoaji is again faced with a tough test tonight, as he takes on the Elite Series winner Eisaku Kunomasu.

On Night Nine of our tour, we have an opening bout of Dread & Holmes taking on Miyamoto & Munakata. Totoya has been setting the undercard alight with his fantastic technical performances of late, despite often being on the losing side. Will the equally talented Bryan Holmes bring the best out of him, and if so, we are set to have a fantastic mat clinic in store for us. Dread and Miyamoto are also a good match, both being very heavy hitters. Dread has defeated Eien in singles competition, but can the Glory Lions leader pull off the huge upset in tag team action?

The Glory Lions continue to be tested, with Ogai Miki being in the biggest match of his career as he faces Nobuatsu Tatsuko. Nobu failed to win his return match against Yoshimi Mushashibo, and will most likely be upset in this match, will Ogai be able to even get out intact?

Team Toronto, fresh off a successful title defence at Night of PRIDE, face potential challengers Dogs of War in a non-title encounter. The Dogs have so far been unable to get anywhere, losing each of their matches, will this match be the thing that drives them to victory?

Akinori Kwakami then takes on Morimasa Kato, who despite some fantastic performances as of like, doesn’t look to be going anywhere for whatever reason. Will this be a different story when he looks to take down the Historical Japan champ in non-title action?

In the main event, we see PRIDE Koiso then taking on Wael Hossam, a match Koiso requested himself as test to prove himself on the mat against the nearly unmatched Hossam. Will Koiso take home the win, or will Wael shoot himself right to the top with a big victory over the rising superstar?

Night Eight

Six-Man Tag Team

Murayama & Ugaki & Sanda vs. Miyamoto, Miki & Munakata

Singles

Tetsunori Yasuda vs. Danger Kumasaka

Singles

Nigel Svensson vs. Wael Hossam

Singles

Eisaku Kunomasu vs. Chojiro Kitoaji

Tag Team

Kawashima & Koiso vs. Team Dynasty 2000

Night Nine

Venue: Osaka Athletic Stadium

Tag Team

Dread & Holmes vs. Miyamoto & Munakata

Singles

Nobuatsu Tatsuko vs. Ogai Miki

Tag Team

Non-Title

Team Toronto vs. Dogs of War

Singles

Non-Title

Akinori Kwakami vs. Morimasa Kato

Singles

PRIDE Koiso vs. Wael Hossam

Night Eight

Six-Man Tag Team

The more established youngsters need wins, and will get one here against the young lion team.

Singles

I love Kumasaka, but I feel like his time has finally passed, and Yasuda will go over here.

Singles

Hossam to win to look strong going into his showdown with Koiso.

Singles

Kunomasu needs to continue his momentum after winning the Elite Series, and this is step one.

Tag Team

This one could go either way, and with Koiso having a big match on the next show he could get the win here. Still, something tells me that Dynasty will take this one to build up Mushashibo before his title shot.

Night Nine

Tag Team

Holmes vs. Munakata! Book it!

Singles

Unless Tatsuko's absence was due to multiple heart attacks and a frontal lobotomy, there's no way he's going to lose this one.

Tag Team

Non-Title

Team Toronto stays strong as champs. Plain and simple.

Singles

Non-Title

I think Kato has earned a win with his recent performances, and this will hopefully set up a Historical Japan title shot.

Singles

While he's clearly the better mat wrestler than Koiso, I just don't see Hossam beating him.

Six-Man Tag Team

Singles

Singles

Singles

Tag Team

Night Nine

Tag Team

Singles

Tag Team

Non-Title

Singles

Non-Title

Singles

Night Eight

Six-Man Tag Team

Singles

Singles

Singles

Tag Team

Night Nine

Tag Team

Singles

Tag Team

Non-Title

Singles

Non-Title

Singles

Six-Man Tag Team

More experience, more talent

Singles

Kumasaka puts over another one of PGHW's 'next generation'

Singles

Mr Sideburns logic for Hossam makes alot of sense and Svensson's not so far above Hossam that he wouldn't take the loss in this one.

Singles

New Generation aren't quite ready to go over the Legends just yet, unless the Legend is ancient like Kumasaka.

Tag Team

I'm practically salivating over this match, this is what you call a dream tag match, worth the price of the admission alone. Saying that I think Team Dynasty 2000 will win, just because they are Team Dynasty 2000 and it builds Musashibo up more as a challenger to Kawashima for the Glory Crown.

Night Nine

Tag Team

Pretty much as squash, as Miyamoto and Munakata are basically just young lion jobbers at the moment.

Singles

Another squash

Tag Team

Non-Title

Agree with Sideburns again on this one.

Singles

Non-Title

Even though it's not unfeasible for Kato to win, non title doesn't always mean a win for the non champion.

Singles

Can't see past a Koiso win in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

PGHW Spirit Chase Tour Show #8

Tuesday, Week 1, April 2012

Attendance = 9,536

Pre-Show

Kalu Owusu def. Steve Flash – B- - I brought in Steve Flash as a trainer and as a good cheap gaijin talent for dark matches.

The American Express def. Sarumara & Matsuki – B- - Taylor got the victory here with the Taylor Made on Matsuki.

Match 1: Murayama, Ugaki & Sanda vs. Miyamoto, Miki & Munakata.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/RyomaMuruyama.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/MasaruUgaki.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NoriyoriSanda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EienMiyamoto_alt.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/OgaiMiki.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TotoyaMunakata_alt.jpg

The Glory lion trio were looking quite confident going into this match, with Totoya being very focused on the ring, while the other three wrestlers were quite happy, bouncing down to the ring. The first two in the match after the introductions were Miki and Murayama, and the two men instantly set the ring on fire with quick aerial exchanges, with Miki at one time catching Ryoma with a big dropkick right to the chin that sent him to the mat. However, when he tried to follow it up with a leg drop, the more experience Ryoma was able to roll out of the way just in time. Later on, Ryoma tagged in Sanda, who easily dominated the smaller Miki until Ogai was able to duck a lariat attempt and fire back with twisting jumping kick straight to the forehead that stunned the bigger man before tagging out to Munakata. The young mat master took advantage of a stunned Sanda by taking him to the mat with a jumping armbar, before then applying a cross armbreaker, causing Sanda to cringe in pain before getting over to the ropes. As Sanda got up to his feet, Totoya rushed right up to him and hit a stiff forearm right to the bridge of the nose before whipping him across the ring. Nori was able to reverse it and sent Totoya across the ring, yet when he tried to go for a kick, the younger man was able to grab his foot and then take him over with a Dragon Screw.

Totoya dominated for a little while after, until Sanda was able to counter a suplex attempt into a brainbuster, and then battered him with different strikes before tagging out to Ugaki. Totoya recovered and the two engaged in a good mat battle before Totoya escaped an Ugaki Clutch attempt and raced to tag in Miyamoto. Eien eagerly stepped over the ropes and the two men engaged in a brutal exchange of blows, Eien elbows and Ugaki forearms, with neither giving any ground until Masaru nailed four straight alternating forearms that staggered the big man before taking him down to the mat with a snap suplex. Masaru then locked in a figure four necklock, with Eien coming dangerously close to tapping out, only to be able to break the hold, using his strength to pull apart Ugaki’s legs. The more experienced Ugaki nailed a few quick pinpoint elbows to the head, but Eien just took the damage and chopped the smaller man in the chest after getting to his feet. The big man then whipped him across the ring, but when Ugaki came back the more experienced man unleashed a brutal series of kicks to the chest before nailing a spin kick that sent Eien sprawling across the ring to tag in Miki. Ogai leapt onto the top rope before coming flying off with a head scissors, but Ugaki was ready for him and was able to resist it before dead lifting Ogai up then showing amazing strength and technique by pushing Miki into the air off his shoulders then switching to a German Suplex, dumping the smaller man right on his head. Ugaki then measured him up, waiting for him to get back to his feet, and when he did, he nailed a stiff Arc Kick across the face that sent Ogai right back down to the mat. Murayama and Sanda entered the ring again and took out Miyamoto and Munakata, with Sanda and Totoya brawling viciously on the outside, as Ugaki made the cover, getting the victory for his team.

Winner: Murayama, Ugaki & Sanda by pinfall on Miki by Ugaki in 6:09 – C

Match 2: Tetsunori Yasuda vs. Danger Kumasaka

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/TetsunoriYasuda.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/DangerKumasaka.jpg

Danger came into this match up looking quite angry, but also with a slight limp in his left leg, most likely a result of the vicious Kwakami Painlock a few days ago. Yasuda however raced down to the ring and before the bell rang he instantly attacked the veteran, nailing several stiff forearms right to the jaw. These rocked Danger, who was unable to resist a quick snap suplex that sent him to the mat, before Yasuda went for the cover, only to get a two count. The youngster was intent on getting a quick pin, and decided to pick apart the veteran, lifting up his bad leg and kicking it several times in the knee before nailing an elbow drop right to the joint again. Danger barely held back yelling in pain, and desperately tried to reach the ropes when Yasuda tried to lock in a knee lock, only to have the youngster drag him back into the middle of the ring. He refused to give up however, managing to fight his way back over to the ropes and forcing Yasuda to break the hold before backing up. Danger used the ropes to pull himself up to his feet, but when he saw Yasuda trying to catch him off guard with a clothesline, he ducked it before nailing a beautiful German Suplex that dumped him right on his head. Both men were down at this point, Danger nursing his leg, and it was a while before either got back up.

The veteran was the first one up to his feet, but when he tried to drag Yasuda up to his feet, the youngster kicked his bad leg, causing him to double over , before then nailing a big forearm right to the forehead that sent Danger reeling. However, as Yasuda tried to follow up with a high knee, Danger was able to block it and then nailed a series of forearms himself before then kicking the youngster in the gut and taking him over with a suplex. Yasuda hit the mat hard, and arched his back before Danger went for the cover, but barely got a two count before Yasuda powered out. The veteran found himself in happy territory as he took advantage of the youngsters’ dazed state to lock in a tight arm bar, and when Yasuda fought his way towards the ropes, added in a head scissors to try and keep him in place, but Tetsu kept fighting and eventually reached the ropes. Danger slowly got up to his feet, allowing Yasuda some time to recover, before he got up as well and locked up with the veteran. Neither man gave way until Yasuda kneed Danger in the gut and forced him to the ropes. When he came back, he tried to go for a side slam, but Danger was able to resist it and turned it into a jaw breaker, sending the youngster flailing into the ropes. This is the way most of the match went, very back and forth, and Danger came very close to hitting the Danger-Plex after ducking a running elbow smash, but Yasuda was able to nail quick fire alternating elbows to each side of the veteran’s head, heavily dazing him, before kicking him in the gut and driving him into the mat with the Minilla Plunge. Tetsu eagerly hooked the leg, and Danger had nothing left to kick out with, giving Yasuda the victory.

Winners: Tetsunori Yasuda by pinfall in 11:28 - B

Match 3: Nigel Svensson vs. Wael Hossam

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/NigelSvensson.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/WaelHossam.jpg

Both these gaijin’s looked happy heading down to the ring, with Wael sporting a big grin, as he was making his PGHW debut here tonight. After a handshake in the middle, the two men began to circle each other. This didn’t last long before they clashed again in the centre with a tie up, but neither man was able to gain any control and they split before locking up again. This time Wael was able to overpower his younger opponent and bend him over into a bridge with his strength, only to have Nigel kip up and out of nowhere lock in a hammerlock. After a brief cringe of pain, Wael almost effortlessly countered it with a snap mare that sent Nigel sprawling, before racing in and trying to hit a sliding forearm, only to have Nigel rolled out of the way and go for a running knee . Wael was only just able to get out of the way in time, and the two had an uneasy standoff that the fans applauded loudly. After another lock up, Nigel was able to steal control with a few quick knees and a snap neckbreaker, causing Wael to clutch his neck in pain, before going for the cover. Wael was able to kick out just after the two, but still grabbed his neck. The Swedish Crippler saw this and instantly set about picking apart his opponent with a variety of necklocks, grounded headlocks, but Wael was able to counter every single one with a hold of his own, and after a while the two men were just going hold for hold with each other. Nigel got increasingly unhappy with this as time went on and broke free with a stiff knee right to the side of the head that nearly knocked the Egyptian prodigy out cold.

Nigel then hit a few knees to the gut before locking in a seated armbar, pulling the limb back further and further as time went by to try and force Wael to tap out, but the mat master absolutely refused and was able to fight his way over to the ropes despite the pain. Nigel released him and backed off, but when he was trying to get up to his feet, the Swedish Crippler rushed in and tried to hit another knee to the side of the head, only to have Wael dodge it and hit a neckbreaker of his own. Nigel sat up, only to flop back onto his back again, his eyes glazing over. Wael didn’t waste any time however, as he instantly pulled his fellow gaijin back up to his feet and tried to take him up for a Brainbuster. Nigel was able to come to in time however and resisted the move before taking the Egyptian man over with a delayed vertical suplex. After a few moments to recover, Nigel then got back up and went for a twisting knee lock, only to have Wael catch him out of nowhere with a head scissors, which Nigel kicked out of, and then was able to dodge a knee attempt and took the Swedish man down with a Dragon Screw Leg Whip. Svensson yelled in agony and clutched at his knee, but Wael didn’t give him any time as he instantly began to pick apart that limb, and due to the pain Nigel was unable to really counter it. For the rest of the match, Wael focused entirely on the weakened leg, but Nigel kept fighting back, and came close to hitting the Wigan Slash, only to have Wael quickly get up to his feet and hit him with a stiff kick right to the bad knee, almost flipping him over. In the end though, Wael was able to nail a twisting brainbuster, the Prodigy Alpha, on a determined Nigel to get the pinfall victory.

Winner: Wael Hossam by pinfall in 13:33 – A

Match 4: Eisaku Kunomasu vs. Chojiro Kitoaji

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/EisakuKunomasu.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ChojiroKitoaji_alt.jpg

Kitoaji, while looking pained from his last match still, looked very focused and eager here tonight, as he was given another chance to show what he has against one of the best the company has to offer. Eisaku on the other hand, didn’t look too fussed with this match, carrying a rare smirk from ear to ear, most likely due to his victory in the finals a few days ago. When the bell rang, Eisaku playfully teased locking up with the youngster, but he did it one too many times and the frustrated Chojiro let loose with several stiff kicks, alternating between knees, chest and back, and after the eight kick he nailed a big spin kick right to the gut that sent Eisaku reeling. Kitoaji hopped on the spot before charging forward and nailing a beautiful knee to the jaw, taking a page right out of his opponent’s book, sending the veteran flying over the top rope and down to the floor below. Kunomasu stayed down for quite some time, but when he did begin to get up to his feet, Chojiro was right there and hit a few nice chops across the chest before trying to whip the veteran back into the ring. Eisaku’s instincts kicked in however as he was able to reverse the whip attempt and instead send the youngster back first into the apron. Kitoaji took the pain though and tried to go for a lariat, only to have Eisaku duck it and nail a northern lights suplex on the outside.

Both men were down, and didn’t move for some time, eventually both rolling in together. They began to brawl as they got up to their feet, before it resorted to just an exchange of strikes, Chojiro hitting chops and Eisaku hitting elbows. Neither man gave any lee way whatsoever, but in the end one of them had to give and it was Chojiro after a brutal elbow right to the nose from Eisaku that stunned him enough for the veteran to take him down with an arm bar take down before cinching in a cross armbreaker. The youngster was in a lot of pain judging by his face, and he tried desperately to get to the ropes, but Eisaku kept moving back towards the centre every time Kitoaji edged closer. Eventually the youngster was able to use his initiative and roll over, getting his foot on the bottom rope. Eisaku was not happy at all, and after releasing the hold, he kicked the youngster hard in the back that had him cringing and arching his back in pain, before pulling him up to his feet and whipping him across the ring. When he came back he tried to hit a back elbow, but Chojiro ducked under it and then came thundering back with a big jumping shoulder block that took him off his feet. The youngster looked amazingly strong so far, and looked like he was ready to end it as he signalled for the Kitoaji Lariat, but at the last second Eisaku ducked it and then nailed a brutal Launching Knee Strike right to the jaw when he came back.

Chojiro began to stagger about, barely being able to stay up, allowing Eisaku to take him down again with a victory roll before locking in a figure four leg lock. Kitoaji instantly shot full of life the instant the move was in tight, and began to flail desperately, eventually managing to grab the bottom rope, but Eisaku kept it locked in for four more seconds to add to the damage. His mission was a success, as Chojiro had to use the ropes to get up to his feet, and when he was up, the veteran hit a sick chop block that caused the youngster to go down to one knee, and after hitting another one Kitoaji hit the canvas. Eisaku began to circle him like a vulture, signalling for the Kunomasu Vice, but when he grabbed the youngster’s arm, Chojiro showed amazing skill by rolling backwards, wrapping both legs around the veteran’s arm, and then threw him to the mat. Eisaku got right back up, but the fans applauded the youngster’s technique. Kunomasu was getting angry know, and he pulled Chojiro up to his feet, kneed him in the gut and then whipped him across the ring. When he came back, Eisaku kicked him straight in the chest, winding him and forcing him down to one knee again. After a few moments of circling, Eisaku then went for a German Suplex, only to have Chojiro resist it and nail a few back elbows. This stunned the veteran long enough for Kitoaji to run to the ropes, and when he came back he almost hit the Kitoaji Lariat, only to have Eisaku duck it again and this time hit a Dragon Suplex out of nowhere, dumping him right on his head. The youngster was out of it by that point, and a few moments later after a vicious Lord Order, a blue thunder powerbomb, Eisaku got the very hard fought victory. Yet again, Eisaku showed that he was able to turn a match around in an instant, this time with the Dragon Suplex, and Chojiro looked better than ever, despite his loss to Dread at Night of PRIDE.

Winner: Eisaku Kunomasu by pinfall in 16:32 – B+

Match 5: Kawashima & Koiso vs. Team Dynasty 2000.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/KozueKawashima_alt3FIN.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/PRIDEKoiso.jpg vs. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/YoshimiMushashibo.jpghttp://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/TrekkieMonsta/PGHW/ShujiInukai.jpg

Both teams come down to large reactions, and when the time came to shake hands, the stare down that happened between Kozue and Yoshimi had the entire crowd leaning forward to see what happened. After what seemed like hours they slowly shook hands but never took their eyes off each other. When the bell rang, it was Inukai up against Koiso, and the two instantly locked up in the middle of the ring. They both stood their ground and had to split, but after locking up again Shuji was able to quickly wrench the arm round and lock in a kneeling armbar, causing the younger man to cringe in pain and try to reach for the ropes. Shuji released the hold, but then instantly kicked the younger man right in the chest, winding him, then dragged him over to his corner to tag in Yoshimi. The Phenom took his time coming in before hitting a vicious knife edge chop on Koiso and then whipped him across the ring. Shuji was still in, and Team Dynasty levelled the youngster with a double kick to the chest, before Yoshimi went for a cover, only getting a two count. The Phenom took his time pulling Koiso up to his feet, and after hitting a stiff elbow right over the top of his head he whipped him across the ring again, trying to go for a spinebuster, only to have the youngster reverse the Irish whip and catch him with a back elbow before rushing to his corner and tagging in Kozue.

The fans nearly exploded as the champ came into the ring, and the two men circled each other for again what seemed like eternity before mightily clashing right in the middle, with neither man giving up and ground whatsoever until Kozue was able to force the veteran into the ropes, surprising him, and then nail a stiff forearm to the chin that stunned him briefly. Kozue took a step back however, and Yoshimi shot full of life, unloading with a series of ten or so chops to the chest, reddening the champ’s torso, before running to the ropes. The youngster managed to resist a shoulder block and then hit several quick fire forearms, only to have Yoshimi reply with chops, and eventually the two just started to exchange blows, neither man standing down. Eventually however Yoshimi ducked a forearm and then nailed a spinning chop right to the throat that caused Kozue to lose his bearing and drop down to one knee, leaving him open to a kick to the face and a cover attempt from his future challenger, but the champ kicked out just after two. The Phenom then took the match down to the mat, and had the champ in a tight spot with several different holds, including a bow and arrow lock that nearly had Kozue bent in half, but to his credit the champ didn’t tap to any of them, which angered Yoshimi. The veteran rushed to his feet, bringing Kozue up with him, and kicked him in the gut before trying to lift him up for a vertical suplex, only to have Kozue wriggle free while he was in mid air and then pull off a beautiful Release German Suplex that nearly dumped the veteran right on his head. Kozue looked around, hurting from being picked apart earlier, and when he saw Koiso he rushed over and tagged his partner in.

PRIDE quickly hopped into the ring and the youngsters double teamed Yoshimi, whipping him into the ropes and then nailing a very well executed double dropkick that sent Yoshimi straight to the mat. Koiso made the cover, but the veteran kicked out just before the three. The younger man quickly move to a mat game, locking the Phenom in a tight rear chinlock before cinching in a half camel clutch, and when Yoshimi began to fight his way over to the ropes, Koiso locked in a grounded abdominal stretch, preventing the veteran from moving at all, making PRIDE look very impressive already. However, Yoshimi was able to summon the energy to fight his way over to the ropes and eventually grabbed hold of the bottom one, forcing Koiso to let him go. The younger man didn’t want to give him any time to recover however and pulled him right back up to his feet before sending him across the ring. When he came back he tried to hit a belly to belly suplex, but Yoshimi showed tremendous athleticism by landing on his feet and running to the ropes. When he came back, Koiso had just turned around and the Phenom as able to catch him with a wrap around lariat that left both men on the mat. Both headed for their corners, and they tagged out at the same time. Before they could even leave the ring however Kozue and Shuji were already in the centre exchanging blows, the champ hitting the stiffest forearms yet, only to have Shuji seem to just absorb the blow and then fire back with kicks to the chest. Kozue hit a big roaring forearm blow that sent Shuji reeling, but when the veteran came back he caught the youngster with a Shuji Flash High Knee right to the chin that rocked him, before taking him down with a big spinebuster.

Shuji headed back to the mat, locking a tight leg lock, only to have Kozue show his own skills in that range by eventually going hold for hold with him before finally reaching the ropes. Inukai was not happy at all, and began to fire away with kicks before whipping Kozue across the ring. When he came back, he hit one right to the chest, then one to the back, before finally hitting a vicious enzu kick that seemed to knock the champ right out. The veteran rolled him over and went for the cover, only to have him kick out just after the two count. Shuji was getting frustrated by now and pulled the champ up to his feet for the jumping kick, only to have Kozue duck underneath it and then catch him with a German Suplex when he got up to his feet, leaving both men down for a while. The two men went on like this for ages, with each man having periods of strong control, only to have the other man counter and steal it.

The final minutes of the match saw Yoshimi in against Koiso, and after another big exchange of elbows and chops, the Phenom was able to rock him with a kesagiri before running to the ropes. When he came back, he nearly took off the younger man’s head with a big boot before tagging in to Shuji. The Untouchable One was overly ready to finish the match by now, and pulled the younger man up to his feet with a big smirk on his face, but that smirk turned to a cringe when Koiso caught him with a forearm to the side of the head, following by a kick of his own right to the sternum, doubling him over, and then ran to the ropes. Shuji was able to recover in time to resist a running Koiso Kutter, but when he tried to go for the Inukai Driver, an axe guillotine driver, Koiso was able to wriggle free and get his feet on the mat. Shuji then tried to turn it into a reverse DDT, only to have Koiso reverse it into one of his own. Shuji managed to resist it however and then got out of the hold before nailing a vicious kick to the throat that had Koiso gasping for air on his knees. Inukai saw his chance and signalled for the crowd, but when he went for the Untouchable Lariat, Koiso was able to duck it at the last second, and when the veteran turned around PRIDE caught him with an enziguri, stunning him, then tagged out to Kozue. As Shuji tried to steady himself, the champ came flying off the top rope with a missile dropkick that took him right out of his boots. Kozue then tried to go for the cover, but the veteran kicked out before the two count to his amazement.

Kawashima was getting tired, like everybody else in this match, and pulled Shuji up to his feet. After making the throat slit gesture, he tried to go for the Kawashima Driver 2005, only to have Shuji flip out of the hold and catch him with a Flash Knee. As Kozue was trying to recover, Inukai raced to the ropes and came back with a brutal Untouchable Lariat that turned him inside out. The Untouchable One looked relieved and made the cover, hoping to get the important victory over the champ to put himself back into the title race.

One...

Two...

Thre..NO!

The champ managed to kick out, leaving the fans cheering madly and Shuji looked very unhappy. After getting to his feet he nailed a stiff football kick right to the spine, causing Kozue to flail on the mat and grab his back, before pulling him up to his knees. Inukai was keen to absolutely destroy the champ now, and yanked his head forward before nailing an endless series of kicks right to the side of the head, the champ fading more and more with each hit. However, Shuji hit one too many, as Kozue shot full of life, grabbed his foot , and then took him up and over with a big leg trap brainbuster, called the Future Effect, and went for the cover.

One...

Two...

Thre.NO!

Kozue tagged out to Koiso, who tried to follow on from his partner, but Shuji was able to get to his feet and stumble over to his corner, tagging in Mushashibo. Koiso and the Phenom instantly set about attacking each other like before, but this time the younger man was able to gain control after a beautiful spinning back elbow to the jaw that rocked him before following up with a snap suplex. PRIDE then signalled to the crowd for the Koiso Kutter, stretching his hands out, but when he tried to hit it as Yoshimi was getting up to his feet, the veteran was able to resist it and then took down the youngster with a double knee backbreaker style reverse DDT, causing Koiso to yell in agony. The veteran wasted no time in following up and locked in the Yoshimi Lock, which had Koiso writhing and flailing trying to get to the ropes. However, before he was able to tap, the bell rang to signal the time limit had expired. While all that had been going on the ring, Kozue and Shuji were having their own battle on the outside, which the champ was able to come out on top of when he whipped the older man into the railing, and then followed up with a lariat.

After the result was announced as a draw, the fans loudly cheered all four men, and it ended just like it started, with Kozue and Yoshimi having a staredown, both men’s partners were out of it, and neither man moved an inch before the show ended.

Winner: Time Limit Draw at 30:00 – A*

Summary:

Murayama, Ugaki & Sanda def. Miyamoto, Miki & Munakata - C

Tetsunori Yasuda def. Danger Kumasaka - B

Wael Hossam def. Nigel Svensson – A

Eisaku Kunomasu def. Chojiro Kitoaji – B+

Kawashima & Koiso drew with Team Dynasty 2000 – A*

Overall = A

Notes: A great card to follow up the pay per view, with Kawashima & Koiso showing just why they were at the top of the card, along with some pleasant surprises in the Nigel/Wael match up, the two appeared to have perfect styles for each other, both being very talented mat technicians. Sorry for the long wait, coursework, revision and nagging parents have had their annual toll on me :p

Archived