Terrible Multiplayer Position Changes

Guest Nukester

Guest Nukester

In a mulitplayer league, I recruited an athletic WR with an adaptability rating of 9, and according to the high school stats on the recruit page he had 8 passes defended and 2 INT's.

When I checked on my game to see how he might end up with a position change to CB, it showed that this player would have current rankings of "below average" and a potential of "Good". However we cant make position changes ourselves, and rely on the league commish to make the changes. After the commish made the position change, the players new ratings are 1/2 (was a 4/7 as a WR) on a 1-10 scale

Whats even worse is that he has a tackle rating of 1 and a coverage rating of 0. Even though he obviously played defense in HS, and had a great adaptablity rating and was an athlete, he can still end up with 1 tackle, 0 coverage ? How is that even possible ?

Can there really be such an enormous difference between the results if I change them or if the commish changes them ? Is it normal for a player to end up with a 1 tackle 0 coverage, if though he obviously played some kind of defense in HS, and had such a high adaptability ? I can understand if he ended up, say, a 4/5, but to end up a 1/2 with no tackle or coverage doesnt sound right to me.

I checked about 10 other position changes within the league, and none of the ones I checked were anything near this bad. One team I checked changed 4 players positions, and every one of them ended up with around a 6/10 or so.

Not sure why, but I think that you get random results every time you attempt a conversion. If you do it, reset your game, and try it again, it won't come out nearly the same. Now I don't know if that reflects the player's actual abilities or merely your coaches'/scouts' opinion of them.

Guest Nukester

I know the results are random, but that much of a difference (below avg/good on my end vs 1/2 on the commisoners end) ? Also, if this guy obviously played defense in high school, and defended 8 passes with 2 INT's, why would he end up with a tackle rating of 1 and a coverage of 0 ? He has to have some kind of coverage skills if he defended 8 passes and picked off 2 of them. Especially with an adaptablity of 9. Its not like Im changing a QB to DT

Also, after looking at this guy again, his adaptability is a 10 not a 9

Guest Nukester

Looking once more at the league, I checked the first few teams that changed an offensive player to defense, and although I cant really tell because the teams are pretty low prestige, and those players might have been real bad to begin with, it looks like changing an offense player to a defenseive position all resulted in 1/1, 1/2, or 1/3 players, with 0 or 1 tackling and coverage.

Now I guess my question is should offensive athletes be changed only to other offensive positions, and defensive athletes only to defensive positions, even though that offensive players high school stats show that the player also did play defense in HS?

Guest Nukester

Ok thanks. Ill remember that. I certainly wont be changing any athletic WR's to CB anymore, even though it shows they played defense in HS and the change in the "change position" screen looked very promising. Thank god Ive got a billion more WR's, and it will just free up another scholarship for next season.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, where would a WR be able to go, to TE ?

I've changed a mobile QB to a RB successfully, and I had a guard that I converted to center as a freshman turn into a Lombardi Trophy finalist as a junior. I had a spare DT turn into a decent reserve OT, too.

On the other hand, I tried to change a quick DE to an OLB and he positively stunk.

All of my experiments included players who scored well for adaptability. I'm wondering if other factors, such as intelligence or work ethic, would come into play as well. It would make sense that a smarter or harder-working player would be able to switch positions more effectively.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to refer to the enclosed chart and only switch guys who have comparable skills for the positions you want to change them too.

QB

Football skills (passing): pass accuracy, arm strength, pass touch

Football skills (running): running

Other skills (passing): instincts, agility, intelligence

Other skills (scrambling/running): speed, agility, acceleration, instincts

RB

Football skills: running, hands, route running

Other skills: speed, strength, agility, acceleration, instincts

FB

Football skills: running, run block, hands, route running

Other skills: strength, aggressiveness, instincts, speed, agility, acceleration

WR

Football skills: hands, route running, run block, running (end around)

Other skills: speed, acceleration, instincts, strength, agility, aggressiveness, jumping

TE

Football skills: hands, route running, run block, pass block

Other skills: strength, speed, acceleration, aggressiveness, instincts, agility, jumping

OL

Football skills: run block, pass block, hands

Other skills: strength, aggressiveness, agility, instincts, acceleration

DE

Football skills: pass rush, point of attack, tackling

Other skills: strength, aggressiveness, agility, speed, instincts, acceleration

DT

Football skills: point of attack, pass rush, tackling

Other skills: strength, aggressiveness, agility, instincts, acceleration, speed

ILB

Football skills: tackling, point of attack, pass rush, coverage

Other skills: aggressiveness, strength, speed, instincts, agility, acceleration, intelligence

OLB

Football skills: tackling, pass rush, coverage, point of attack

Other skills: aggressiveness, speed, strength, instincts, agility, acceleration

CB

Football skills: coverage, tackling, hands

Other skills: speed, acceleration, agility, aggressiveness, instincts, strength

FS

Football skills: coverage, tackling, hands

Other skills: speed, agility, instincts, aggressiveness, acceleration, strength, intelligence

SS

Football skills: tackling, coverage, hands

Other skills: speed, aggressiveness, agility, instincts, acceleration, strength, intelligence

Pay attention to mainly the football skills when you want to change a guy. And a thing I do is not change their position in the game, but just play them where I need them IF they have the skills needed.

For instance I have no problem interchanging CB, FS and SS. They all require coverage, tackling and hands skills.

Archived