Popularity question.

I know you veterans are probably tired of seeing people ask about popularity but i have to know one thing that i couldn't find the answer to in this forum.

Is there any skill that adds directly to your popularity?

Every match i win i get 0.1 to my popularity in the push screen. I started out with a 10.0 as an opener and now i have 10.9 after about a year and a half..In order to get to a midcarder i need to get to about 16.0..thats 5.1 which is 51 wins.. with one match a month and some losses it would take me about 6-7 years at best...that just seems off, there has to be away to get more then 0.1 on wins...how do i do it?

I started the game on realistic and stopped after a while when i couldn't get anywhere even after many years...now im playing in the easiest setting and even though i win now more then i loss i still feel stuck.

thanks for the help.

Get more jobs... you should be trying to have as many matches as possbile, which means you need to work for multiple promotions (if possible). The early stages of the game are hard, and getting over means you need to beat people who are more over than you are. The actual number you are looking at though is deceptive... the 10.9 is a National average, which means that the location you are winning matches is in likely to be significantly higher than that (perhaps as high as 25 or 30).

If you have been having problems getting hired by other companies, then you would probably do well to increase stats like charisma, star quality and basics. The AI won't hire guys that have next to no skills in these departments cos they would essentially be local jobbers with no potential to be stars...

Archived