Problem about UFC.com records

shigakai

One thing I have noticed for a long time is how incorrect the fighter's records are. Things like Chuck Lidell, he has 6 losses not 5. And Brian Stann, he is not undefeated like the web site says. Have any of u guys notice this, if there is a reason why it is like this, plz tell me.

Crap I viewed all the Lightweights and Welterweights for nothing.

Yeah I seen how they said that Junie Brownings record is 3-1 when its 3-1.

And they said Roli Delgado is 8-3 when hes 6-3 just to name a few.

I do believe it likely comes down to fights that are either possibly not considered professional fights and/or ones that could be considered outside of MMA. Early Pancrase and such. Could be wrong, but I think I've heard those are usually the common reasons for varying MMA records.

I think a big part of it is their software. I am not sure if this is how Sherdog works, but I think they can plug in results for an event and it appears under those fighters who they have tagged. Otherwise it would be impossible for them to track each fighter and event like they do. Of course, this is just my hypothesis.

Relating this to the UFC, since they're active database isn't that large they do not need to update it weekly or bi-weekly (like sherdog) so they do not use such an elaborate program to do it. Instead, it appears every few event's they go in an update the roster (except for their big stars of course)

I know a lot of you know this so this is not meant for you, but TUF fights are not professional fights. The main reason is because the Nevada Athletic Commision requires you to submit the results of events to them, so obviously this would totally mess up the show because you would have results being released months before the show. Of course there are more reasons but that is the most straight to the point answer.

I don't think anyone on TUF was in Pancrase :p

I was using Pancrase as an example. The recent Strike Box show in Quebec is another one, where the specific rules make it questionable as to whether its truly MMA or not.

Perhaps it is as simple as the software issues Jester mentioned.

Archived