Elite Wrestling Entertainment - The story of a Florida Indy

Florida has had a long history of wrestling. Legends have been made and live in the state. It's also the location of many broken dreams. IPW: Hardcore, MLW, XPW have all tried to find it's niche in Florida only to go backrupt. Then the true backbone of Florida wrestling died, NWA: Florida closed it's doors forever. It looked like the end of the southern tradition in Florida. Well there's still TNA but *Shush!* we don't talk about them right now... Aaron Royal, former booker and announcer for NWA: Florida has dusted himself off and picked up again. Elite Wrestling Entertainment. They're mission statement is to bring about a renissance of Florida wrestling, to bring the entertainment of sports entertainment, but without forgetting the in-ring work that is the backbone of tradition. Enter me. I'm Jason Woods, I worked in contract manufacturing for about two years and had been a fan of pro wrestling since I was five years old. I had gone to a alot of WWF house shows when I was young and had since evolved into more when I was 18 I attended a few WCW Nitro shows and was sadden when WCW went under. I watched WWF for years until it became the 'E' then I slowly drifted away. For a while I saw hope when MLW was on the Sunshine Network, but even that faded to nothingness with the death of that promotion. NWA Florida had been one of my bastions for a long time and I was saddened when it went bankrupt. When I heard about EWE I went to the first couple of shows and got backstage and talked with the boys and made some friends. When a third management shakeup was happening at the end of September. Aaron Royal called me in and asked if I wanted to help him book. I agreed. We aren't that big but we've got a chance to reinvent ourselves in new and interesting ways. And hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming that one day we can make EWE one of the big promotions of North America.

Our first show is on October 22nd it's called Second Strike: Relaunch (how fitting since it's literally a relaunch of much of what we've been doing for 5 months) I decided we needed to fill the roster a bit so I got some more guys to fill out the roster before our first big show. So we sent out some feelers and got a couple guys to agree to show up at the show. Some had other schedules that didn't work with what we needed to do. Others flat out said no. But I had some surprises for the Temple Terrace crowd when we got to the show in October. The Advertised Card was: EWE presents Second Strike: Relaunch Florida's Strongest Title Match: "The Iceman" Buck Q vs. Onyx "The Saint" vs. Chris Kanyon Double Duece Inc. vs. Steve Madison & Erick Stevens O.G. Scarface with Ana Mosity v Johnny Vandal Kahagas v Sal Rinaru v Ray Gordy Also appearing: The Amazing Red! Vampiro! Devon "Crowbar" Storm! (roster will be posted next)

[B]Elite Championship Wrestling (EWE)[/B] [B]Based in:[/B] North American South-East (Florida) [B]Starting Funds: [/B] 400,000 USD [B]Schedule: [/B] Regular schedule with one monthly big show and weekly TV tapings [B]Staff:[/B] Aaron Royal *Owner/Announcer* Ron Neimi *Color Commentary/Manager* Billy "the Kid" Dalton *Referee* [B]Champions:[/B] "Iceman" Buck Q - Florida's Strongest Title Holder Walking Strong (Sederick Strong & Vordell Walker) - Florida's Best Team [B]Tag Teams:[/B] Heartbreak express: Sean Davis & Phil Davis Double Deuce Inc: Frankie Capone & Marcus Dillion Sinner and Saint: Buck Q and The Saint The Deadpool: Vampiro and Crowbar Altar Boy Luke & Gabriel Steve Madison & Erick Stevens Mikey Batts & Bruce Steel [B]Other Workers:[/B] Roderick Strong Antonio Banks Fidel Sierra Sal Rinauro Mikey Batts Chris Kanyon Kahagas Jerome Hendrix Mark Sullivan Jay Fury Bruce Steele Johnny Vandal Vordell Walker Ray Gordy O.G. Scarface Onyx Jarrele Clark Scoot Andrews The Amazing Red Managers: Daffney Ward (managing Crowbar & O.G. Scarface) Ana Mosity (managing Vampiro) Ron Neimi (Not managing anyone yet)

[B]EWE Second Strike: Relaunch! October 22, 2005 [/B] [I]posted by -floridaindyfan023-[/I] Was over in Temple Terrace last night and caught the latest EWE show. hear is what happened. [B]Florida's Best Team[/B] First thing that happened was Aaron Royal came out to the ring and thanked us all for coming. He then announced that EWE was forming a Florida's Best Tag Team title and there would be three tag team matches tonight that would determine who would be in a three way dance next month at Sunshine Thanksgiving. (E) [B]Kahagas defeated Sal Rinauro and Ray Gordy (9 minutes) (C-)[/B] The match was disjointed at time as Kahagas seemed to be trying to go for a mat based style of a match while the other two were more into a high flying style. Kahagas got the pin with the Osaka Street Cutter. [B]O.G. Scarface with Ana Mosity defeated Johnny Vandal (7 minutes) (E)[/B] Honestly I couldn't care less about this match as Scarface was just boring. Ana was hot but it still wasn't enough for me to care. Scarface hit his "Double Penetration" move and got a pin. [B]Double Duece Inc. is back in Florida! (F)[/B] Frankie Capone and Marcus Dillion and Antonio Banks came down and announced that they were still the most dominate tag-team in Florida and they were going to prove it right now! I don't know they were missing something we were just sitting on our hands. Double Duece Inc (Frankie Capone/Marcus Dillion) defeated Erick Stevens and Steve Madison (8 minutes) (D) The match was better than the promo, but not by much. It was wierd to see Stevens and Madison being treated almost like jobbers here in Florida. Capone got the pinfall to earn Double Duece a title shot next month. [B]The Amazing Red defeated Jerome Hendrix (15 minutes) (C)[/B] This was more like it. It was so cool to se the Amazing Red again and he really came to play. Jimi Hendrix did his best to keep up but a few spots got blown. Hendrix got nailed with the Code Red for the pin. [b]The Tradition of Florida? (F)[/b] We got a little "treat" as Roderick Strong, Sederick Strong, Vordell Walker, "Iceman" Buck Q, Ray Gordy and Bruce Steele(WTF is he doing with them) all came out and Roderick introduced them as the Tradition of Florida Wrestling. We kinda cheered them but really we we're confused what the hell Bruce Steele (long time heel down here in Florida) was doing with these guys. And what about Onyx? [b]Vordell Walker and Sederick Strong defeated Heartbreak Express (10 minutes) (D)[/b] 10 minutes of the Heartbreak Express? Your kidding me. Well Sed and Vord are apparently knowing as Walking Strong now. This was way to long but atleast they could all wrestling. Pinfall by Sed and they get to go for the Florida's Best Team match. [b]The Saint defeated Chris Kanyon 15 minutes (C+)[/b] Best match of the night by far! Kanyon can still bring it, I don't get why he's not in TNA or WWe right now. The Saint... I don't know who's behind the mask but he's got some talent atleast. I was surprised when the Saint won with a "SantoDriver" which was a nasty looking piledriver from the second turnbuckle. [B]Who's Helping Kanyon? (B)[/B] What was really cool was that after he lost Ana Mosity and Shannon Ward (although later she was called Daffney) came out and helped Kanyon up. And they lead him towards the back when with a mic Vampiro(!) stopped them. He cut a small promo saying that Kanyon used to be the Innovator of Offense and now he's just worthless. "You've lost your spot in the big leauges, hell you've lost every match in EWE!" Kanyon didn't say anything but let Ana and Daffney help him to the back. [b]The Deadpool (Vampiro and Crowbar) defeated Mikey Batts and Bruce Steele (10 minutes) (C)[/b] Earth to booker... Bruce Steele is a heel to 90% of Florida Indy fans! Watching him play face while Ron Neimi is sitting at ringside is just... wrong. But Vampiro and Crowbar looked great out there. Made a decent team. There was no doubt that they were going to win. Crowbar hit the mind bender and got the pin. [b]Buck Q is Florida's Strongest (E)[/b] Buck has been Florida's Strongest in EWE for a few months now. He comes out and tells us how happy he is to have the title. We couldn't care Buck. Your not as intersting as half the stable you're now a member of. [b]Buck Q defeated Onyx to retain the Florida's Strongest Title (10 minutes) (C-)[/b] That's right they jobbed Onyx to Buck Q. It was a pretty good match though. Onyx looked great and honestly so did Buck. Finish came with Buck hitting his high-angle belly to back suplex. He got the pin and retained and then..... [b]Sean O'Haire makes an impact! (C-)[/b] Sean O'Haire ran right by me in the audiance and jumped the rail! He ran in the ring and nailed a very sick locking powerbomb on Buck before going to the top rope and hitting the Seanton Bomb! Why didn't the WWe ever let him do that during his run. He grabs a mic and announces that he's going to be Florida's Strongest come Sunshine Thanksgiving! "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know" He then throws the mic onto Buck and Aaron Royal comes up and thanks us all for coming again. [B]Overview[/b] Pretty okay show. It's a good relaunch for them. I think they were too focused on setting a bunch of stables and angles while we were all expecting Roderick Strong to wrestle not talk. And still what's up with Bruce Steele being a face! Well anyway I give it a C- overall.

Advertised Card for [b]Sunshine Thanksgiving:[/B] [b]Florida's Strongest Match:[/b] Sean O'Haire versus "Iceman" Buck Q [b]Florida's Best Team Match:[/b] The Deadpool versus Walking Strong versus Double Duece "Innovator of Offense" Chris Kanyon versus "Master of the Backbreaker" Roderick Strong The Saint versus "The Black Nature Boy" Scoot Andrews Gabriel and Altar Boy Luke versus The Heartbreak Express And more!

[B]EWE Sunshine Thanksgiving November 24, 2005[/B] [I]posted by -floridaindyfan023-[/I] Another night of Florida Indy Wrestling over in St. Petersburgh this time. Aaron Royal once again thanked us for coming before anything else. But the "illustrious" ring announcer Shannon Rose was on hand to do ring announcing this time letting Royal and Neimi do commentary. First of all there was a much bigger crowd tonight. Over a thousand people compared to just over 300 last time. I guess word traveled from the last show. [B]Antonio Banks defeated Jay Fury (10 minutes)(E)[/B] For some reason Antonio is a member of Double Duece, or atleast he was introduced that way. And then I can't believe they let him basically squash Jay Fury. It was a brutal 10 minute beating with Jay getting only a bit of offense and tried to rally the crowd behind him. Finish came with the Malicious Intent for the pin. [B]Mikey Batts and Bruce Steele defeated Kahagas and Jerome Hendrix (10 minutes) (C-)[/B] Pretty decent tag team match but I'm still not buying Bruce being a member of Florida's Tradition. He's supposed to hate these guys that he's teaming with. But anyways, Kahagas and Jimi had a lot of show out there and Batts was as crisp as ever. Steele hit his finisher to get the pinfall. [B]Onyx defeated Mike Sullivian (10 minutes) (C-)[/B] More solid action but once again more of a squash match. Earth to bookers of EWE, we know these guys you don't need to establish Onyx as a monster by having him squash guys. Onyx hit a very sick powerbomb through a table before setting up the finish. Blaq Out finishes it and give Onyx a win after losing last month. [B]Roderick Strong rallies the troops (C-)[/B] After that Roderick Strong and the rest of Florida's Traditon (no Buck Q? What about the main event?) come out. Roderick was more comfortable out there than last month so he got a better reaction out of the crowd. The promo was the basic "We are great and we're going to win the Florida's Strongest match later". He's facing Kanyon next [B]Roderick Strong defeated Chris Kanyon (15 minutes) (C+)[/B] Easily the match of the night. The Master of the Backbreaker and the Innovator of Offense working together to bring out a pretty interesting match. Lots of cool looking moves that just looked like they could devestate someone. CX 03 finished it for Strong. [B]And More From the Deadpool (C)[/B] Vampiro and his Deadpool walk out as Florida's Tradition leaves. Brief hint of problems as the Deadpool pushed them out of the way. Vampiro was out to tear down Kanyon again telling him that he's lost his drive. A bad taste remark of "What's a matter depressed alot?" (For those who don't know Kanyon is manic-depressive). But I don't where this is going yet. [B]Gabriel and Altar Boy Luke defeated Heartbreak Express (8 minutes) (C-)[/B] Luke and Gabriel make a great debut here in EWE. I just noticed there's been alot of tag teams on these cards. I guess it's to make there "Florida's Best Team" thing have alot of competition. Heartbreak Express played good heels as well and there was a nice heat spot where they worked on Luke for about 5 minutes. Wonderful Top Rope Hurricanrana from Gabriel and then Altar Boy Luke hit the Holy Driver for the win. [B]The Amazing Red defeated Sal Rinaru (15 minutes) (C)[/B] I'm telling you Red is something to see in person. He works so fast and so intensely that it was hard for Sal to keep up which probably why Sal looked a bit sloppy in there tonight. This was still however a good X-division style match that ended with the Code Red. [B]The Amazing Red is on a roll (C)[/B] Afterwards Red cut a small promo saying next month at Jingle Hell he would take on anyone. He was "Florida's Greatest" and he would prove it by taking on any and all comers. [B]Florida's Best Tag Team Match: Walking Strong defeated Double Deuce and The Deadpool to become Florida's Best Team (15 minutes) (C)[/B] This was a very brutal brawl as Double Deuce and the Deadpool made it a hardcore match just by bringing in the chairs and tables. Vampiro got busted open at some point and did the "I'll lick my own blood from my hand" thing. Vordel and Sed got the win and the titles though nailing a pretty cool verion of the "Total Elimination" on Marcus Dillion to get the pinfall. [B]The Deadpool wants Blood... and gets it (D)[/B] Post-match beatdown by the Deadpool with O.G. Scarface running in after the match. Both Vordell and Sederick get bloodied and Vampiro and (oddly enough) Ana Mosity both lick some of the blood off their heads. Gross! There's a long wait here about 10 minutes before suddenly Ron Neimi gets up and announces there's going to be a Deadpool Bikini Contest. The crowd seemed very confused and we figured something must be up. [B]Deadpool Bikini Contest (c-)[/B] Maybe something was up but no man would boo a bikini contest even if the girls are supposed to be heels. More proof that there was issues Ana and Daffney seemed to be in their underwear not bikinis. Still the crowd voted and Daffney was voted the Deadpool's hottest babe. Aaron Royal then got in the ring and announced a change in the card. The Saint would face Sean O'Haire so that Sean could prove he was worthy to face Buck Q. And Ray Gordy would take on the man who came to EWE to face the Saint. SCOOT ANDREWS! [B]Scoot Andrew defeated Ray Gordy (9 minutes) (C-)[/B] I was shocked to see Scoot get back in the ring. He's been retired for a while. However him and Ray were able to eck out a good match anyways. Some definate ring rust from Scoot Andrews though. Scoot hit the Natural Disaster for the pinfall. [B]Sean O'Haire in charge of Double Duece? (C-)[/B] Sean O'Haire brought all three members of Double Duece to the ring with him. He seemed to be ordering them around in the ring and they all took positions at three of the corners of the ring. [b]Sean O'Haire defeated The Saint (10 minutes) (C)[/b] I was surprised that O'Haire looked so crisp in the ring. I was expecting some ring rust but he actually was great. I still can't figure out who the heck the Saint is. O'Haire hit a wicked powerbomb into the turnbuckles on the Saint and then hit the Seanton bomb to finish it off. With Double Duece around the ring like that I was expecting interference but really it was a rather clean match. [b]Duece beatdown and Roderick confronts (C-)[/b] Double Duece storm the ring and start to beat the Saint down hard. Frankie goes to take off the Saint's mask when Florida's Tradition charges the ring and stops them. Roderick Strong hits an awesome tilt-a-whirl backbreaker on O'Haire before they all got out the ring. Strong got the mic and said he was challenging O'Haire for the Florida's Strongest Title at next month's Jingle Hell. Wait a minute? Did he just become Florida's Strongest? Is it vacant? Where the heck was Buck Q? I hope they explain this somehow or maybe Roderick just screwed it up. Well after that Aaron Royal thanked us all for coming and told us not to miss Jingle Hell. He also made a vauge reference that we should keep our eyes peeled to the Sunshine Network. No way they have a show already. Pretty good show again. Another C-.

[I]from eweflorida.com[/I] "EWE presents [I]Florida's Best Wrestling [/I] Saturday's at Midnight on the Sunshine Network. That's right it's true starting on December 10th. We'll be taping the show the Wensday before at Universal Studios. Come and join us! In addition to this deal we are currently in negotiations with a NYC local station to show [I]Florida's Best Wrestling[/I] as well"

[I]from eweflorida.com[/I] "About Sunshine Thanksgiving, Buck Q had a prior wrestling engagement and was unable to show up for the event. He let Ron Neimi know weeks ago but Ron forgot to tell our booker Jason Woods, thus the confusion as the night progressed. We thought he was just running late. Buck is still Florida's Strongest here at EWE but with Sean O'Haire on his tail it might not be his for long." [I]from wrestlingrumormill.com[/I] "On the indy seen Florida indy guy O.G. Scarface has broken up with his girlfriend and wrestling valet Ana Mosity. No word on how this will effect them working together in the Florida indy Elite Wrestling Entertainment" (OOC: SO here's how it's going to go since EWE has a TV deal now. TV Shows will be recaped normally for a diary and the big events which are still not seen anywhere but Florida will be done in the "fan report style" that I've been doing.)

Archived