Australian Pro Wrestling

Australian Pro Wrestling

Founded in February of 2007 by James J. McMinister to give Australia a unified promotion and a face on the wrestling scene. The first major promotion from Down Under, the APW's one goal is to make the Australian wrestling scene as big (if not bigger) than the U.S., Japan, Canada and Mexico. Of course, in order to do that, the APW needed direction. It needed focus. It needed experience.

That's where I come in. My name is Peter McIntyre. I actually never knew Australia had any wrestling or wrestlers. The only wrestling I even watched was the occasional TCW or SWF show at the bar but even then, I wasn't a huge wrestling fan. I was a boxing promoter. I knew how to make money and I knew when someone had talent and could click with a crowd.

A few days after I was hired I was sent an email from James McMinister.

Hey Peter,

I've got a few guidelines. Some seem obvious. Some not so much. I want APW to become the premier wrestling organization in the World, not just Australia. But one step at a time.

First off, APW's primary focus is wrestling. We do not hire performers like SWF or TCW, we hire wrestlers and wrestlers are always our focus.

Second, we want to establish APW as a group of the elite wrestlers. If others haven't heard of the wrestler, then we will have the APW slowly fall down to mediocrity. APW is not Mediocrity.

Third, I want tough bastards in APW. If a wrestler looks like he can't take a chair shot to the head, don't hire him.

Fourth, we want to make money. I expect in two years to be in the black by at least $750k.

Finally, do not hire The Comedian. These simple goals should be simple right?

-James McMinister

Yeah pretty simple. I'm a little bummed about the Comedian. He's come to some fight cards and always gets a great reaction. I know the people love him. As for the other goals, McMinister wants to go from $250k to $750, not bad. And everything else is common sense. At least I believe it is...

APW's OzFest

Main Event - APW Commonwealth Championship Match

Harry Simonsan vs. "Debonair" David Peterson

APW Australian Championship Match

Swoop McCarthy vs. Trehawke Phillips

APW Tag Team Championship Match

The Melbourne Blonds (Blake Belushi / Rick Stantz) vs. Crime Wave (D.O.A. / Switchblade)

Whirlwind Lee Wilkes vs. Lloyd Banks

Boo Smithson vs. Alyx Macquarie

S&M Connection (Smasher / Mauler) vs. The Rising Suns (Jimmy Stratosphere / Motty Kuroda)

Frankie Robertson vs. Hardcore Henderson vs. Simon McBain

Harry Simonsan vs. "Debonair" David Peterson

Swoop McCarthy vs. Trehawke Phillips

The Melbourne Blonds (Blake Belushi / Rick Stantz) vs. Crime Wave (D.O.A. / Switchblade)

Whirlwind Lee Wilkes vs. Lloyd Banks

Boo Smithson vs. Alyx Macquarie

S&M Connection (Smasher / Mauler) vs. The Rising Suns (Jimmy Stratosphere / Motty Kuroda)

Frankie Robertson vs. Hardcore Henderson vs. Simon McBain

I am pretty clueless while booking APW though

Archived