Not to hijack the thread but I figure its related. Has anyone ever figured out a quicker more efficent way to play a multiplayer game other then just zipping up the files and sending them thru messenger or email?

I don't see it ever happening unless TEW and it's multi-play blows up huge, justifying server space and bandwidth costs, but If there was a way to send and recieve the required data automagically within the game, connected to GDS, I'd be all over it.

Manually zipping and uploading completely puts me off the idea of multi-play, tbh. But hey, what can ya do eh.

I don't see it ever happening unless TEW and it's multi-play blows up huge, justifying server space and bandwidth costs, but If there was a way to send and recieve the required data automagically within the game, connected to GDS, I'd be all over it.

Manually zipping and uploading completely puts me off the idea of multi-play, tbh. But hey, what can ya do eh.

Ya it would be pretty sweet to be able to link up with another player, and when you just hit next day it uploaded the files onto the server and the next player can just take over

The only way I figured it out is to have the save file on a home network. But I'm not sure about over the internet. It's just a matter of somehow "sharing" the save file over the internet and somehow having your TEW game read that folder through the game. (if that makes any sense)

Archived