I think they are much too tedious, especially if you have a lot of them coming up. It's just so frustrating having to go through so many things fighter after fighter. Couldn't you make it display the minimum a fighter is looking for. They tell me it's too low, fine, but why not tell my how much they want? It would save soooo much time. Please do reply, even if you don't plan on changing this.

I was looking forward to playing some today but all my time got eaten up clicking and increasing various bonuses by 5 percent steps. Annooying to say the least :(.

And another thing, I can't sign Fezzik, he says the base pay is too low but I've already offered him 500 000 and I don't knwo how to offer more than that (I have signed other guys so it has nothing to do with the foreign language comma error)

Couldn't you make it display the minimum a fighter is looking for. They tell me it's too low, fine, but why not tell my how much they want?

It gives you an estimate at the top of the screen.

Telling you exactly what they want would remove pretty much the whole point of having "timed" negotiations, as it'd be almost impossible for you to fail. The concept is that you don't know exactly what they want and so might end up having to make a desperation gamble at the end.

And another thing, I can't sign Fezzik, he says the base pay is too low but I've already offered him 500 000 and I don't knwo how to offer more than that

You could increase the other terms instead.

Thanks for replying. Anyway, I find it hard to see the realism in that though. Which pro athlete wouldn't tell you what they are looking for? They're not gonna sit back and wait for you to throw figures at them just answering yes or no. But ok, I bought so I'm gonna have to deal with it.

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound like an ass. I was just really frustrated. I wanted to play but I didn't even get done getting even 20% of my roster to sign. I would've preferred if negotiations went something like this:

Fighter says what they want as a minimum, interested companies throw their offers and fighter chooses which is the best. I'll let it rest now since everybody likes it the way it is.

Thanks for replying. Anyway, I find it hard to see the realism in that though. Which pro athlete wouldn't tell you what they are looking for? They're not gonna sit back and wait for you to throw figures at them just answering yes or no. But ok, I bought so I'm gonna have to deal with it.

Exactly what they're looking for? Very few I'd imagine. I'd imagine most negotiations go the same way - the player asks for more than he is really worth, the company offers less, and they gradually come to a compromise. That's why it's a negotiation. The WMMA2 system works the same way - a series of offers and improvements until you reach a compromise. The only reason they don't give an original overly-optimistic demand is that I suspect that we'd be inundated with players complaining that the demands are "ridiculous", not understanding that they're meant to be.

I shouldn't have said exactly. I meant more like you offer an athlethe 20% on merchandise and well he could say something to indicate if you're at least close, if that is for example the last point bnoth parties have not settled on.

Guest audet84

that really don't work for me,i may try to pay a jobber 500 000$ for base pay and 500 000 $ for bonus with medical cares...... It just don't work,i'm just able to sign rookie

everythin was right in the first wmma but i really don't know how to sign my fighters,can i get some help please

Just had a negotiation where 27 months was apparently too short, asnd 30 months was too. No matter what I did, I couldn't win. Sucks, as he was a young star I'd been building up, and now won't negotiate anymore. >.<

I shouldn't have said exactly. I meant more like you offer an athlethe 20% on merchandise and well he could say something to indicate if you're at least close, if that is for example the last point bnoth parties have not settled on.

I dunno, I think they'd be more sensible to just reject it than tell you exactly what they want. Say you offer 20% and they say 'no, I want 25%' then that's the limit of their negotiations, you could try 22% or just give in to the 25%. If you offer 20% and they say 'no, that's not enough', then they have a better bargaining position - you have to increase your demands, maybe you'll offer 30% and they're up on the deal cos they only wanted 25%.

Kind of reminds me of the much publicised deal when Seth Johnson was joining Leeds United; Him and his agent went into the deal looking for £15,000 per week wages. When he entered the meeting he was immediately offered £20,000 per week and when they're surprise at the offer was mistaken for disappointment the offer was increased to £25,000.

Archived