Next venture

Guest cmdrsam

Guest cmdrsam

I will be getting a new laptop in the very near future. I find I do some of my better work when I play at my convience and work on show detail at work. Anyway I wanted to get a feel on what would be appealing for my next diary.

Feel as if I am better for sport entertainment than something like a ROH or new TCW. I grew up following Memphis wrestling, AWA, and of course the big bad E. Like TNA even if they do make me scratch my head, but of course maybe I make some of you scratch your heads to with my previous diarys.

So I ask you the forum, when I do get my laptop. What do you want.

1. C-verse present.

2. C-Verse 97.

3. Allenverse 97.

4. C-verse 75 when it comes out.

5. RW 2002 if so which promotion.

6. RW 97 again which promotion.

7. A what if situation. You name the what if and give some details.

8. Forget it your a hack and you disgrace the board with your posts.

All posts if you would please give me some kind of details why you picked the choice you did. I may not be to most talented individual on these boards but I try. Look at my previous posts for some of my works for some insight on my writing. Thanks in advance guys.

Guest cmdrsam
40 views and one persons input. Thanks for the info Bigpapa. Been tinkering with a 97 allenverse but am waiting to see if the 75 mod comes out soon so trying not to get to far ahead of myself.

I'd say either a C-Verse present with any SE fed. Or, C-Verse present with a What if...

Create a fed comparable to MAW in size, and start it in Australia. That way, you can compete with the only other Australian fed (though not directly, since I think they'd be much bigger at first). That way, you'd have limited competition at first.

7. A what if situation. You name the what if and give some details.

RIPW. Seperate the company from the SWF in-game and either play the diary out as if you are the feeder league to the SWF or that you broke away on your own after being let-go by the SWF (Much like OVW). Could be cool to see the company being played like the feeder-leauge (Despite not being so anymore in game)... Seeing the company grow as is.

Guest cmdrsam
I think a diary with CornellVerse 1975 would be cool.

I'd say either a C-Verse present with any SE fed. Or, C-Verse present with a What if...

Create a fed comparable to MAW in size, and start it in Australia. That way, you can compete with the only other Australian fed (though not directly, since I think they'd be much bigger at first). That way, you'd have limited competition at first.

RIPW. Seperate the company from the SWF in-game and either play the diary out as if you are the feeder league to the SWF or that you broke away on your own after being let-go by the SWF (Much like OVW). Could be cool to see the company being played like the feeder-leauge (Despite not being so anymore in game)... Seeing the company grow as is.

Thnx guys. Think we have 3 strong ideas. Still leaning on Allenverse, but now hear 75 mod might be ready by next week, so that could be a possiblity as well. But Eisenverse you really got a good idea with RIPW. That one kinda of intrigues me. Anyway gents, still havent made up my mind yet so if anybody else wants to throw thier two cents in, go for it.

I'm tempted to do a RIPW diary, but thanks to my super-secret cheating methods I can keep them a child company to SWF, although that does tend to screw with the AI...

I'm tempted to do a RIPW diary, but thanks to my super-secret cheating methods I can keep them a child company to SWF, although that does tend to screw with the AI...

I've always wanted to see someone take on the RIPW as no one really has (that i can remember?). Also, if you play it as that they are still a "child company"... Then it could be a great way to keep things fresh as people leave all the time.

It would also make for a great storyline later down the road when the RIPW finally breaks free from the SWF's tyranic grip and becomes their own company.

I thought that too.

The problem is that as is, the game doesn't support player-controlled child companies. It puts a hard restriction on you when you start the game, and it can be hard to cheat your way in during the game.

I did it with my original CCW diary, it was set up as a child promotion to TCW. However, the AI never did anything with it. Never hired any workers to development deals.

I haven't tested it out with what the AI does with workers already in development deals, but my suspicion is...nothing. John Greed and Nevada Nuclear would stay on development deals until TCW stops renewing their contract. I would have to constantly go in the editor and fudge things.

Heck, if you look at it now, the AI doesn't really utilize child promotions that well. I've seen only a few workers sent to development, most are just hired straight to the parent.

I thought that too.

The problem is that as is, the game doesn't support player-controlled child companies. It puts a hard restriction on you when you start the game, and it can be hard to cheat your way in during the game.

I did it with my original CCW diary, it was set up as a child promotion to TCW. However, the AI never did anything with it. Never hired any workers to development deals.

I haven't tested it out with what the AI does with workers already in development deals, but my suspicion is...nothing. John Greed and Nevada Nuclear would stay on development deals until TCW stops renewing their contract. I would have to constantly go in the editor and fudge things.

Heck, if you look at it now, the AI doesn't really utilize child promotions that well. I've seen only a few workers sent to development, most are just hired straight to the parent.

Yea, I was thinking.. If anyone ever wanted to do a diary as such they would have to say that they are still a "child company" under the diary description, however, in-game... They would be two seperate companies. Some may not like it because you're not really working with the data as is and you'd have to create some sense of "connection" on paper while it really isn't in your game.

But.. It would be interesting to read if pulled off right!

Like I said, with some creative cheating you can run a child promotion in the game (and have it be a child promotion in your promotion pacts) it's just that the AI has a "hands-off player feds" mentality so it will never sign up or potentially call up development contracts, which ruins the thought process.

I do have a good idea for making it work though, but I'll keep it for myself in case I decide to write it up :D

I go with option 7. What I'd like to see is someone tackle a dynasty using a non-C-verse, non-RW fantasy mod, such as Fleisch's Diablo x Kombat or even the Kobeverse. I am biased of course... but I'd love to see how someone would book a promotion with the hulk and sub-zero in it for instance.

Seems a shame that so much hard work goes into these other mods but only c-verse, DOTT, and KYR get the dynasty love

Guest cmdrsam
I go with option 7. What I'd like to see is someone tackle a dynasty using a non-C-verse, non-RW fantasy mod, such as Fleisch's Diablo x Kombat or even the Kobeverse. I am biased of course... but I'd love to see how someone would book a promotion with the hulk and sub-zero in it for instance.

Seems a shame that so much hard work goes into these other mods but only c-verse, DOTT, and KYR get the dynasty love

Agreed Crayon. There is alot of work on mods that should never be taken lightly. Thank you to all mod makers out there who have taken the time to make this game enjoyable on every scale.

Archived