tv show main event

i thought a new addition in wmma 2 was the ability NOT to have a big name headline your tv show. I still have to use my top people in the main event. a high national vs mid national wasnt good enough for main event. i had to use one of my international guys for the main event :(

gotta be honest but I think 80% is still a bit too harsh, at least if you are trying to mirror how it's actually done. Almost all ufc fight night main events are similar to an undercard fight on a regular card, not 80% of a main event, which I would consider to be much stronger. I mean cmon they do stuff like Evans vs Salmon, Franca vs Lauzon, Condit vs Kampman, Stout vs Fisher. These are guys that at the time weren't even shoo-ins to be on the main card, depending on their opponent. They are nowhere close to 80% of the name recognition of normal main eventers, and this is why players may be frustrated, because it clearly doesn't mirror the reality of this situation.

Personally I think a little bit more leniency in this area would be nice.

gotta be honest but I think 80% is still a bit too harsh, at least if you are trying to mirror how it's actually done. Almost all ufc fight night main events are similar to an undercard fight on a regular card, not 80% of a main event, which I would consider to be much stronger. I mean cmon they do stuff like Evans vs Salmon, Franca vs Lauzon, Condit vs Kampman, Stout vs Fisher. These are guys that at the time weren't even shoo-ins to be on the main card, depending on their opponent. They are nowhere close to 80% of the name recognition of normal main eventers, and this is why players may be frustrated, because it clearly doesn't mirror the reality of this situation.

Personally I think a little bit more leniency in this area would be nice.

If it's too lenient, the whole feature becomes absolutely worthless. If you're a UFC-sized promotion and you're allowed to headline with "regional" fighters then how on earth would you ever fail? Short of using completely unknown guys, you're at least going to produce a card that doesn't harm your popularity, and most people are going to use big names which in turn must lead to big gains.

I book them like in reality, and the result is that they become 'awful' shows. Just because they are being headlined by 'only' a high national fighter.

Not that I complain about the system... It lowers my popularity back to low level international so my PPV's are excellent-fantastic every time. :D As long as it doesn't make me drop to national it's ok. So therefore I'd like to argue to be a bit more lenient in the popularity drop resulting from an ordinary tv show.

I mean, I understand that a bad RAW will drop WWE's popularity. But having good fighters fight in the main event won't hurt anybody, right? People don't care about names in TV shows. They care about the quality of the matches.

I book them like in reality, and the result is that they become 'awful' shows. Just because they are being headlined by 'only' a high national fighter.

Not that I complain about the system... It lowers my popularity back to low level international so my PPV's are excellent-fantastic every time. :D As long as it doesn't make me drop to national it's ok. So therefore I'd like to argue to be a bit more lenient in the popularity drop resulting from an ordinary tv show.

I mean, I understand that a bad RAW will drop WWE's popularity. But having good fighters fight in the main event won't hurt anybody, right? People don't care about names in TV shows. They care about the quality of the matches.

And that's not really reflected in the game right now. They are like: "wow, we've just witnessed some amazing matches. Now I've really lost faith in this promotion because I didn't know anyone who fought". Ok, I'm overdramatising it a little, but still...

I guess it's just a manner of choise. I can easily single out a good match-up to headline a tv show, but I won't because of the simple fact that I like all my well-known fighters to be in my PPV, like they should. I make an exception for popular fighters with losing streaks, but they won't generate enough heat to be able to main event tv shows anyway so I don't bother.

It's perfectly possible to maintain your popularity, but lots of players will choose the same way I do because it's just cool to have a PPV stocked with top tier fights.

Archived