I'm a long term simmer. I'm up to 2005 in WMMA 1. Don't really like dealing with contracts. I like to sign fighters and have them fight quickly. Would like to be able easily manage a large group of fighters as I usually have 1 big org with the top fighters. Had some trouble with WMMA 1 managing when people last fought as my org got bigger.

Is WMMA2 better in that you can sim past multiple days easier and you can figure out who hasn't fought and book them easier than in the first version ?

I'm a long term simmer. I'm up to 2005 in WMMA 1. Don't really like dealing with contracts. I like to sign fighters and have them fight quickly. Would like to be able easily manage a large group of fighters as I usually have 1 big org with the top fighters. Had some trouble with WMMA 1 managing when people last fought as my org got bigger.

Is WMMA2 better in that you can sim past multiple days easier and you can figure out who hasn't fought and book them easier than in the first version ?

its a whole new booking style. and yes. u can sim faster. id say try out the demo

its a whole new booking style. and yes. u can sim faster. id say try out the demo

Did give it a shot, was able to get through 11 days without an interrupt, never could do that with version 1. Was curious if this was a result of me not having any fighters with contracts or injuries.

On the matchmaking screen I didn't see anything that indicated when the fighter last fought. Looks like you have to go into the fight history to see it which was a bear in the first version.

I keep a notepad file with a history of fighters when they last fought, figthers to debut, weight class, with a little note on whether they are cans too. Here's a couple of months worth of notes for an example. :)

YET TO DEBUT

----------------------

Ricky Heath (LHW)

Terron Cabbal (HW)

Tommy Russell (WW) (CAN)

Woddy Feirstein (MW)

MAY

---------

Kadonomaro Deguchi (MW)

Motoki Hojo (LW)

JUNE

-----------

Adam White (MW)

DeMerritt Laine (LW) (CAN)

Faas Smit (LHW)

Felix Matheson Jr (WW)

Hoshi Kogo (W) (CAN)

Jakuchu Abe (WW)

Ryuji Ganaha (LHW)

Toshiya Furube (HW) (CAN)

Van Jolson (WW) (CAN)

William Harrison (LHW)

I tried to argue to get a list like this built into the game but it never really went anywhere, largely because the criteria that each person would want to use would make it difficult to code in order to please people. I tend to book cards around a couple of big matches to headline my shows, then some people who I'm working on developing win streaks for or who are leaving, then I pick some of the people who been longest without a fight. With this system I don't think I've ever had someone go more than 8 months without a fight, and those that have are generally people who are too good to be cans but not good enough to be contenders.

I keep a notepad file with a history of fighters when they last fought, figthers to debut, weight class, with a little note on whether they are cans too. Here's a couple of months worth of notes for an example. :)

I tried to argue to get a list like this built into the game but it never really went anywhere, largely because the criteria that each person would want to use would make it difficult to code in order to please people. I tend to book cards around a couple of big matches to headline my shows, then some people who I'm working on developing win streaks for or who are leaving, then I pick some of the people who been longest without a fight. With this system I don't think I've ever had someone go more than 8 months without a fight, and those that have are generally people who are too good to be cans but not good enough to be contenders.

Nice system, I just can't bring myself to do it. As is I keep track of tournaments external to the app. Maybe if there was an easy way to export fighters and their records to a .csv file for import into a spreadsheet I would do it. Manually building and maintaining the list is just too much work for me :)

I'd settle for a "Last Fight Date" item as you scroll through the matchups.

I have something similar to Derek. I use an Excel spreadsheet with all my fighters listed in their weight division and then in the two rows next to their name I have the month when they last had a fight and their form in their last 5 matches.

It works well for me, so I can easily match people up who haven't fought in a while and also keep track of fighter's win streaks.

It's a bit difficult to check whether someone has fought before. Or you have to keep a notepad like derek_b but that takes a lot of efford.

Anyhow, the fighters don't complain anymore like in WMMA1. If they haven't fought for a long time they'd threaten to leave and I'd just book them in the next event. Now it's a bit more difficult.

But still... I always say: if you forget about them, they weren't worth PPV time anyway. It's not like I'm going to forget to book Foster or Da Guia. :-)

Guest thatmizfit

Actually, there is a built in notepad in the game

http://i44.tinypic.com/9fofic.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/50l2t4.png

I keep a lot of notes on a lot of things, the WMMA2 and the TEW08 notepads are never enough for me. But yeah, ideally it'd be a spreadsheet rather than a notepad but since everyone's specifications are different the whole thing kinda ends up being hard. It'll never please everyone, which is why I like my notepad and others like spreadsheets and others are relatively happy with things as they are. :)

Archived