UFC Reborn

Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to my brand of UFC. I will continue booking the real life UFC events, until UFC 100. After UFC 100, I will keep the 101 and 102 main event's while starting to make the association my own.

Without further ado, here is UFCs 96 and 97!

---

UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine

Saturday of Week 3, March; Ohio, USA

PRELIM 1: Aaron Riley def. Shane Nelson by Split Decision

PRELIM 2: Brandon Vera def. Michael Patt by KO; 4:31 of Round 3 (KNOCKOUT OF THE NIGHT)

PRELIM 3: Tim Boetsch def. Shane Brilz by Unanimous Decision

PRELIM 4: Jason Day def. Kendall Grove by Split Decision

PRELIM 5: Tamdan McCrory def. Ryan Madigan by Submission; 3:26 of Round 1

OPENER: Jim Miller def. Gray Maynard by Submission; 2:17 of Round 1 (SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT)

UNDERCARD 1: Carlos Condit def. Martin Kampmann by Submission; 2:28 of Round 2 (FIGHT OF THE NIGHT)

UNDERCARD 2: Mark Munoz def. Mark Hamill by Unanimous Decision

CO MAIN EVENT: Gabriel Gonzaga def. Shane Carwin by Submission; 3:50 of Round 1

MAIN EVENT: Quinton Jackson def. Keith Jardine by TKO; 3:03 of Round 1

Notes: The game would not let me set up a Fight Night so early on in my game, so I replaced the Pete Sell/Matt Brown fight with Condit/Kampmann, as Brown wouldn't re-sign or something. No biggie. Also, Miller/Maynard will have an interesting impact in a later fight, as Mac Danzig was scheduled to fight Jim Miller at UFC 100. In my game, since Maynard lost, he will be fighting Danzig at UFC 100.

UFC 97: Redemption

Saturday of Week 2, April; Quebec, Canada

PRELIM 1: Matt Wiman def. Sam Stout by Unanimous Decision

PRELIM 2: Ryo Chonan def. TJ Grant by Submission; 4:21 of Round 2 (SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT)

PRELIM 3: Mark Bocek def. David Bielkheden by Unanimous Decision

PRELIM 4: Ed Harman def. David Loiseau by Unanimous Decision

PRELIM 5: Nate Quarry def. Jason MacDonald by Unanimous Decision

PRELIM 6: Denis Kang def. Xavier Foupa-Pokam by TKO; 1:41 of Round 1

PRELIM 7: Vinicius Magalhaes def. Eliot Marshall by Split Decision

OPENER: Brian Stann def. Krzysztof Soszynski by KO; 2:27 of Round 3

UNDERCARD 1: Luis Arthur Cane def. Steve Cantwell by TKO; 0:46 of Round 1

UNDERCARD 2: Cheick kongo def. Antoni Hardonk by Unanimous Decision

CO MAIN EVENT: Mauricio Rua def. Chuck Liddell by Unanimous Decision (FIGHT OF THE NIGHT)

MAIN EVENT: Anderson Silva def. Thales Leites by KO; 2:33 of Round 1 (KNOCKOUT OF THE NIGHT)

Notes: If only the actual event were this good! Silva continues to look unstoppable, while Shogun puts Liddell down. Will Liddell retire in my game too? No. At least, not until the game forces me to retire him. He went the distance with Shogun here, and looked *good*. Had he been KO-d, I'd probably just let him retire.

Ouch, Hardonk and Kongo going to a decision had to be boring as hell. Anytime two high-impact strikers with zero ground game go to a decision it's terrible. Granted, Kongo's ground game is significantly better than Hardonk's, but still, I can't imagine him wanting to lay around on a fish out of water for three rounds whilst trying to avoid losing a leg from Hardonk's low kicks.

Good to see Cane beat Cantwell so decisively, I think he should be a force in the real UFC and your game.. I ran a UFC game up to 2012, and Cane was destroying opponents. He had some serious momentum going but I tried to send him to slaughter against Rashad Evans(who had just lost his UFC Light Heavyweight title to Rampage in a rubber match)... and Cane caught him with a countering uppercut as Rashad was coming in for a takedown. Got him a title shot, but he lost his ass to Rampage, then I quit playing that scenario :p

Archived