Popularity question for experts

Guest TheKruger

Guest TheKruger

Before decided to post this I did some research on this forum trying to find some answers. Obviously, I'm still left without some answers :).

I bought WS2 almost a month ago. I'm not new to the series and all that. I have a good strategy of playing and at this point I'm on a good wining strike (50 - 8 - 0), but there are still some things I don't understand in this game.

I play DOTT and my character is now 20 yrs old, and started his career at 17 (pretty dumb kid). In some US regions (where he had contracts) his popularity reached level D on most territories. In a small fed he held the TV title for a while, he was a Tag Champ in a regional (a true phenomenon, what can I say). But enough with the facts of my talented wrestler...

What I still haven't figured out is how the Popularity works. I mean, I get to some points in the feds I work for where, even if I win match after match and beat their top talents, I stop getting popularity points. I try to move to a Cult promotion, but they won't hire me because (obviously) the wrestler is not popular enough. So, how the hell am I supposed to gain notoriety if the game stops giving me those damn popularity points?

I have to mention that I play in a realistic mode, BUT isn't also realistic that if you're very good at something you should gain success faster? Well? Randy Orton became a Heavyweight Champion when he was 24 (sure, that's WWE crap, but real life showed us that it can happen).

So, any advice, any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

<p>And I would also add that the attendence and promotion popularity does matter aswell.</p><p>

I've spent my first five years in Small and Rigional promotions so far however when you manage to join cults your polularity will increase/decrease faster aswel.</p><p> </p><p>

Final tip: make some friends in better promotions aswel before attampting cult promotions. I remember reading that it might help.</p>

Archived