Smackdown vs. Raw 2005

SpinKiK

It will probably only be very basic in terms of even the old EWR. Most new features in Smackdown games never get good until the 3rd year. Hell this year is the first time in what.... 6 games you can escape through the cage door.

I think lots of people long for the day when they will cobine a TEW type game with a game with the presentation and playibility of the smackdown series ( how cool would it be if you could play out all your tew cards with the smackdown game engine?) But i dont think THQ will go that far with that feature. Besides i love football management games (ie champ manager) and i love football sims (ie Fifa) and i long for the day when someone combines these two into one super game! I just don't see it happening! Fortunatly the new smackdown looks absolutley ace (got a 9.2 rating on ign.com) and TEW is a wicked game as well. So whilst neither game is the big combined uber-game we all dream about we will just have to make do with 2 brilliant games!

The whole GM Mode has been done before, but in a non-US game... Fire Pro Wrestling had the "Management of Rings" Mode, which was a lot like TEW/EWR, as you could hire everyone under the sun... If you had the money. This is just a very basic mode, from what I have seen. I'll post some more on it when I get SVR 06' on Tuesday.

It was not as basic as you think, it was acctually very detailed all things considered (ie it was the first of its kind to try such a thing). It had multiple federations, from diffrent countries, and a whole boat load of neat stuff to do. The only reason why it would seem basic to anyone, is because it was in Japanese... thus they would not be able to tell from just screen shots. Fire Pro R's booker mode was much worse though sadly. It was better then what Smackdown's is gonna be, but still very basic.

Archived