ONE more question... I've never understood how Promotion Importance works.

AS IN, when you go into SIZE and you can check between Importance & Popularity. I was under the impression that by running a bunch of GOOD shows in a certain region over and over again it would raise the importance in that region.. but I've just realized that even that by going back to the SOUTH EAST (My most over region with B Popularity & B-Importance) once a month for B, B+ & A rated PPV's has actually lead to my importance in that region dropping DOWN to a C+

So my question is How do you raise your Promotion Importance in certain areas or ANYWHERE really?

Thank you

Popularity is a basic measure of how popular you are in a region... and every region in the game as an importance value that is a multiplier on your popularity. Some regions barely have any people or money in them (Australia, Puerto Rico, Eastern Europe) and are worth very little so they have a low importance. Others have a huge fan base with lots of cash (Tri-State, South West, Kanto) and are very important.

Your importance is Your Popularity In Region multiplied by Region's Popularity. And in order to increase in size you need to be considered to be important enough to do so... so you'd need to be a VERY popular promotion in Puerto Rico before you could be considered to be as important as a fairly popular promotion in the Tri-State area.

<p>So unless you are EXTREMELY dedicated to your actual home region (like, say, if you actually do live in Puerto Rico and that you really want to have your promotion start there) then it would be I guess you'd say easier if you start in a region with A or A*. Me? I started in South West (I live in Cali) so mine is a B+.</p><p> </p><p>

The good thing about being in an A* region is that whatever your popularity is, that's your importance.</p>

<p>The modifier to that, though, is that high importance regions tend to attract more shows. Tri-State, for example, usually has a ton of promotions hitting it and each one "deflates" the crowds a little.</p><p> </p><p>

If during a given month (or even a given week) there are 4-5 different shows in one area, crowd attendance will be down because people aren't dedicated enough to go to every 4-5 show. They'll hit the one that they like</p><p> </p><p>

AS opposed to wrestling fans in an area where yours is the ONLY option for seeing a show live.</p><p> </p><p>

I do not know actual numbers though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="praguepride" data-cite="praguepride" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="22724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The modifier to that, though, is that high importance regions tend to attract more shows. Tri-State, for example, usually has a ton of promotions hitting it and each one "deflates" the crowds a little.<p> </p><p> If during a given month (or even a given week) there are 4-5 different shows in one area, crowd attendance will be down because people aren't dedicated enough to go to every 4-5 show. They'll hit the one that they like</p><p> </p><p> AS opposed to wrestling fans in an area where yours is the ONLY option for seeing a show live.</p><p> </p><p> I do not know actual numbers though.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The more important regions do tend to get more promotions in them... I don't believe that effects crowd levels at all, but it does mean that these regions are likely to get regional battles... which leads to all kinds of trouble if you start losing those as growth can be very hard... getting harder with each promotion in the region that beats you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="derek_b" data-cite="derek_b" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="22724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The more important regions do tend to get more promotions in them... I don't believe that effects crowd levels at all, but it does mean that these regions are likely to get regional battles... which leads to all kinds of trouble if you start losing those as growth can be very hard... getting harder with each promotion in the region that beats you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you sure? I know that if you run multiple shows in the same area back to back attendance goes down. I thought that just checks if a show is run period, and was promotion independent. </p><p> </p><p> So if SWF and TCW run back-to-back shows in a region, it's equivalent to SWF running 2 shows to determine hits to attendance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="praguepride" data-cite="praguepride" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="22724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you sure? I know that if you run multiple shows in the same area back to back attendance goes down. I thought that just checks if a show is run period, and was promotion independent. <p> </p><p> So if SWF and TCW run back-to-back shows in a region, it's equivalent to SWF running 2 shows to determine hits to attendance.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, that definitely isn't the case. Works like that in the real world but the game doesn't operate like that across multiple promotions... too many variables on promotion size, fan bases, house shows and so on to be able to deal with that.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Not trying to hijack the topic or anything, but this importance thing is the issue I'm having now. Just curious, my promotion's popular, might even qualify as the Number 2 promotion in the US, the TNA of my personal universe - but would it's ranking as Cult prevent wrestlers from signing written contracts them?

In my head, they're big enough for written contracts, and they certainly have the money, some prestige, a tv show, and a PPV agreement....

But what it would take to bump them up to national is a little bit more than I'm willing to do.

They're based in the Mid South btw, 95% Importance.

Like I said though, not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to figure how to address my own issues with the importance thing.

:o

Not trying to hijack the topic or anything, but this importance thing is the issue I'm having now. Just curious, my promotion's popular, might even qualify as the Number 2 promotion in the US, the TNA of my personal universe - but would it's ranking as Cult prevent wrestlers from signing written contracts them?

In my head, they're big enough for written contracts, and they certainly have the money, some prestige, a tv show, and a PPV agreement....

But what it would take to bump them up to national is a little bit more than I'm willing to do.

They're based in the Mid South btw, 95% Importance.

Like I said though, not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to figure how to address my own issues with the importance thing.

:o

Only promotions national size or higher can sign written contracts.

Only promotions national size or higher can sign written contracts.

Even if the promotion is pretty over? Apparently, it's possible to have an overness of 75 everywhere and still qualify as cult....

No matter. I'll just assign myself some written contracts. By the time those run out, I'll prolly be national anyway.

But still....

Archived