how is your career going?

currently playing as myself in DOTT (the backstory involves time travel!!) I am playing RTL with a realistic entertainer character and have been fortunate to be pitted mostly against jobbers. My current record stands at 5-5 so not bad really.

my DOTT game has slowly taken over my life (again) I ditched one of my contracts and signed for WSW just so I could form a tag team with my all time fave (mick Foley) and he's already in a team grrr..... whats more my 18 year old superstar with very little cash and the smallest thimblefull of skill is demanding room and board instead of being happy with the back of his car - prima donna!

Still my contracts are with:

All-star wrestling

Houston Championship wrestling (who i once did a TEW diary based on!)

and Western States Wrestling

my record is 30,0,23 so I have won more than lost!

Plus my three small investments pull me in a cool £300 a month! (shame my living expenses are £400 and the oppurtunitys to spend cash on improving my skills are sparce! Its tough at the top!)

I have enjoyed a small run of form taking me up to 53-30 plus I am the two time Canadian tag team champion! Plus I now have 6 low risk investments! My skills are rising slowly two and I am yet to reach any caps! Fingers crossed!

• 1 year later...
Im sitting at 57-42. Im using the cornellverse database. Love it. Im in MAW, 4C, and USPW. Im teaming with Eddie Howard in MAW and together we're 2-time tag champions. I just started teaming with Al the Hillbilly in USPW. Im just aiming for the small titles. I love looking at title history, it blows my mind for no reason. I've also been part of NYCW and CZCW but that was in the beginning of my career. They booked me poorly so i went elsewhere to get my name around. So right now im pretty much working on raising my popularity in the states and Canada. Its pretty fun. Only one investment because i dont find it worth it. I save my money up to buy 10% of the skill i desire to raise. I feel like I'm doing pretty good and I'm really enjoying it. I have 100% morale. :]

• 1 month later...

I started with the default cverse data and I'm now at Week 4 of February 2008 with a record of 47 wins, 0 draws, and 6 losses.

I'm currently signed to MAW, CZCW, and NYCW.

I am a two time MAW Champion. First run lasted from week 2 of July 2006 until Week 4 of October 2007. I had 14 title defenses in that time. My second run started Week 2 of November 2007 when I recaptured the belt.

Also in November of 2007 I was able to capture the CZCW Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship.

My popularity is sitting at:

Mid Atlantic- D

South East- C-

South West- E

Tri State- E

Everything else is at F.

This is from Rookie to Legend mode.

• 1 month later...

Travels of The Mighty Mayhem

After bitching and moaning about the game, I finally decided to just play and play and play. The game is really difficult and DOTT-mod doesn't make it any easier, but Mayhem has managed to claw his way to the big time at Mid-Atlantic championship wrestling.

After three years of working in small promotions, he payed his dues and won television title in Mid-South and PNW, he also held tag team titles. So, 1985 to early 1987, Mayhem built his popularity enough to get the attention of AWA.

Stint in AWA was short lived one and he fulfilled one of his dreams and got work for Crockett and his machinery. After a few months of silence, he got a chance to prove himself, he never looked back. In June 1987 he won the Mid-Atlantic Television Title, which he lost after 13 defenses to the Great Kabuki (lost in purpose, he got about 7-9 title opportunities, I finally got bored of wrestling the same guy, so I threw him out of the ring and beat him with a chair until I got disqualified :)) Now Mayhem is a acknowledged star and is rated as a upper middlecarder with popularity rating at 84,7%

Mayhem is hugely over in America (A* on 5 territories, A on one, B+ on two and C+ in one), few people know of him in Canada and Mexico (D across the board). Now, he is gearing himself up for a heavyweight title, time will tell if that dream becomes reality.

I hope that my explanation of what the popularity percentage and popularity grades affect helped clear up the difference for you, tsuihkon.

For those who haven't seen it yet, and I'm pretty sure that most here at the site have, I am just starting 1986 (year 3) using the DOTT database in "superstar" mode with Mark "The Undertaker" AKA "Mean Mark Callous" Calaway. My "career" is being journaled here at the WS2 dynasty forum. Mark Calaway is now in WCCW and is the current WCCW Texas Heavyweight title holder. He was also the holder of the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles title but lost it recently to Killer Khan.

Archived