Dream Matchups

MattitudeV2

I'm not sure how many of you guys watch wrestling... you do realise that multiman matches tend to suck compared to the classic 1 vs 1 match, right? While some of the concepts are cool enough, the matches would be terrible... unless you booked it in a league format. THAT would be cool. :)

I would also love to see some well hyped matches in an old ECW style environment:

Taz (ECW classic) vs Kurt Angle (early career)

I think their styles would gel quite well with Taz's brute style of fighting against the Olympic technique of Angle. Build this up for a couple of months with sneak attacks from both sides and suplexes galore thrown on each other... and you'd have a helluva PPV main event. :)

Taz (ECW classic) vs Ric Flair (1989ish)

Flair "lowering" himself to compete in ECW against someone like Taz would just be amazing... I just can't see how this would be a bad match, with Flair being allowed to legally use half his bag of tricks and Taz just looking to beat the holy hell out of Flair. Instant 5 star classic. :)

I'm not sure how many of you guys watch wrestling... you do realise that multiman matches tend to suck compared to the classic 1 vs 1 match, right? While some of the concepts are cool enough, the matches would be terrible... unless you booked it in a league format. THAT would be cool. :)

This has been my thought as well.

1) Multi-man matches usually suck

2) When they don't, it's because the participants are incredibly creative and talented workers. An example, best triple threat match in my memory, DDP vs Raven vs Benoit featured one of the best in ring workers ever (Benoit) one of the best minds in the ring of the 90s (Raven) and one of the best "all-around" workers, perhaps the HARDEST worker, and one of the most "willing" workers in DDP.

Archived