PSW: The Evolution of Greed

Have been lurking the diary since my writer's block kicked in full gear on the NYCW diary, but since you were kind enough to use Nigel Svensson I am just going to have to put down some predictions! :)

Harry Allen © vs. Malietoa

Alastor vs. KILLER Colossus

Dean Waldorf vs. Nigel Svensson

Frankie Future & Johnny Martin © vs. "The Dirty White Boys"

Brutus Roach vs. Mr. Morgan

Marat Khoklov © vs. El Demonio Volador

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p><strong>Harry Allen ©</strong> vs. Malietoa</p><p>

Alastor vs.<strong> KILLER Colossus</strong></p><p>

<strong>Dean Waldorf</strong> vs. Nigel Svensson</p><p>

Frankie Future & Johnny Martin © vs. "The Dirty White Boys" Draw</p><p>

Brutus Roach vs. <strong>Mr. Morgan</strong></p><p>

<strong>Marat Khoklov ©</strong> vs. El Demonio Volador</p>

<p><strong>Harry Allen ©</strong> vs. Malietoa</p><p> </p><p>

<em>This needs to be a long drawn out fued.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Alastor vs. <strong>KILLER Colossus</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Even with a name change his stats are still fairly bad.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dean Waldorf</strong> vs. Nigel Svensson</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Bigger name, bigger push</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frankie Future & Johnny Martin ©</strong> vs. "The Dirty White Boys"</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Eventually they'll win 'em back, but not yet</em></p><p> </p><p>

Brutus Roach vs. <strong>Mr. Morgan</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>I WANT Morgan to win.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Marat Khoklov © vs.<strong> El Demonio Volador</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>I want Volador to win. He seems like a character I'd roleplay as or write a story around. Marat's cool, no doubt, but I'm really digging on Volador more and more.</em></p>

<p>"The Vile and the Vengeful" Quick Picks </p><p>

<strong>Harry Allen ©</strong> vs. Malietoa</p><p>

<em>Allen just won the title and i cant see him losing so quickly.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alastor</strong> vs. KILLER Colossus</p><p>

<em>Tie up the series</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Dean has a bigger push and Nigel is a newcomer.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Frankie Future & Johnny Martin © vs. <strong>"The Dirty White Boys"</strong></p><p>

<em>The DWB come back full force winning the titles once again. Such a win for them gives them even more power as a team.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brutus Roach</strong> vs. Mr. Morgan</p><p>

<em>You've done well bringing in specific SWF/TCW wrestlers and have done well with them thus far. Roach is no different.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Marat Khoklov ©</strong> vs. El Demonio Volador </p><p>

<em>I agree with the post above that demono volador is a big time threat to the PSW Championship but even with that I dont see him taking the title right away from Khoklov. Champ retains.</em></p>

<div style="text-align:right;"><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><strong>The Night before "The Vile and the Vengeful"</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><em>... Tri-State WAR ...</em></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:36px;"><strong>WAR</strong></span></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> What is it good for? Absolutely....... everything. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> Well, not in the greater sense of a massive onslaught of warfare, but in our case, WAR couldn't really hurt us. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> What's the best way to define yourself? The best way to bring 'the boys' together in a perfect "us vs. them" scenario? You point out your differences with your enemy. You bestow war upon those who challenge your very being & you draw a line in the sand. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> In a sense, You're either with us... or against us.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> Sadly, There are a few choice superstars on our roster that are deciding to side "against us". I've done all I can do... Said everything I could say to try to keep them on board, however, their allegiance seems to fall with 'Stomper' and his traditional snore-fest in New York. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> All in all, that's fine.... We don't NEED people who aren't 100% dedicated to PSW. It's their decision to look elsewhere for their fix & it's our given right to show them the door on the way out.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> With a civil war brewing within PSW, already, how can one expect the "Steel City" promotion to survive?</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> The only way we know how...</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> Through Gritt... Blood... and Violence. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> We are PSW...</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> You are not...</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <hr color="black"></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Diary Note</span></strong><strong>:</strong> I've been away a little bit more than normal in the past few days as I just recently got engaged! Needless to say, I've been doing alot of the "Hello Family, I'm getting married" via the phone as of late. ha. Fun and not fun at the same time. <p> </p><p> All in all, My girlfriend heads back to school on Monday (comes home on the weekend) so I'll have a lot of time on my hands on tuesday and wednesday, So, I plan on getting the show written up around then. </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for all the predictions! Bare with me, the next show will be up soon enough! </p><p> </p><p> Cheers.</p></div></blockquote>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-family:Georgia;">... A message "Hacked" onto the PSW.com main page...</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/UF.jpg</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">In a time of uncertainty... A state of total anarchy... You </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong><em>MUST</em></strong></span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> turn to a unified voice in which to survive. For, as the traditionalists threaten </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong><em>YOUR</em></strong></span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> existence, you too must challenge their battle cry with brute, swift, force. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

The "Unknown Figure", the all powerful and divine leader, can lead you to the </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><em>promise land.</em></span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

</span></p><div style="text-align:right;"><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">... All you have to do is open your heart, relax your mind, and allow </span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong><em>HIM</em></strong></span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> to take total control of your being....</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">Only then... Will you stand a chance...</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Franklin Gothic Medium';"><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">"Stage II" to commense in only a matter of days...</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:8px;">|| The Kingdom cometh - OCT 2009 ||</span></p><p>

* * * *</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p><strong>Harry Allen ©</strong> vs. Malietoa</p><p> </p><p>

Alastor vs. <strong>KILLER Colossus</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dean Waldorf</strong> vs. Nigel Svensson</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Frankie Future & Johnny Martin ©</strong> vs. "The Dirty White Boys" </p><p> </p><p>

Brutus Roach vs. <strong>Mr. Morgan</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Marat Khoklov ©</strong> vs. El Demonio Volador</p>

Guest TDubTNA

As I said before congrats man and here are my predictions..

Harry Allen © vs. Malietoa

I think Harry Allen is riding a big wave of momentum and I don't think it's stopping anytime soon.

Alastor vs. KILLER Colossus

KILLER just seems like he has this in the bag

Dean Waldorf vs. Nigel Svensson

I like Nigel's look but not sure he is going to pull off a win here

Frankie Future & Johnny Martin © vs. "The Dirty White Boys"

DWB will be future champs at some point but not this time.

Brutus Roach vs. Mr. Morgan

I think Brutus will get the win here. Seems like he might be getting a mini push and a win over Mr. Morgan will def push him in the right direction

Marat Khoklov © vs. El Demonio Volador

Now you know I'm a fan of El Demonio but Marat is a straight beast. Getting him was huge for you. His segments are very highly rated for the level your promotions at.

To be honest I would love to see you keep rising and getting to Cult and then to National at some point. I'm not sure how big you are at this point. You def have the skill to get to National that is for sure. I know that's probably not in your plans for this diary but that would be fun to see. Again congrats sir and enjoying your diary as usual

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes! :) It's been an overwhelming 24 hours of calling, meeting with family, and such. So, needless to say, It'll be great to sit down and relax for a second. Free time will probably be focused on this diary as I'm very excited, as well, to move forward with this thing.

To be honest I would love to see you keep rising and getting to Cult and then to National at some point. I'm not sure how big you are at this point. You def have the skill to get to National that is for sure. I know that's probably not in your plans for this diary but that would be fun to see. Again congrats sir and enjoying your diary as usual

There is upside to growing into a larger company but also a major downside to it as well. To me, PSW is best as an underground/barely holding on kind of company as it fits their image much better. ya know? Kind of like a seaspool, pit of violence, that you have to "search for"! Does that make sense? It's easier to be counter-culture versus mainstream culture.

With that being said, It would be amazing to at least jump to "cult", however, I don't know if that will ever happen since I'm only a D- in popularity in the Tri-State area and then an F in a few other spots. So, needless to say, it would be really really hard to get two regions up to a "D" to be honest.

I may have to start to look into venturing out of the Tri-State area to possibly gain some more popularity elsewhere, however, it's really hard to see a PSW show anywhere but "The Ministry". The place, itself, personifies the PSW in my mind.

<p>First off, congrats on the personal news. Best wishes to you both. </p><p> </p><p>

Harry Allen © vs. <strong>Malietoa</strong></p><p>

Alastor vs. <strong>KILLER Colossus</strong></p><p>

<strong>Frankie Future & Johnny Martin</strong> © vs. "The Dirty White Boys"</p><p>

<strong>Brutus Roach</strong> vs. Mr. Morgan</p><p>

<strong>Marat Khoklov</strong> © vs. El Demonio Volador</p>

Thank you all, again. To say the least, I'm really excited about everything going forward from a personal level. She was my best friend for the last 6 years and we've been dating for almost 2 years now. So, needless to say, it's the absolute best scenario that I could ask for. However, I won't bore you (or put too much personal life situations into this diary.)

All in all, I wanted to use this post to address a few situations coming up with this diary, as well as some in-game situations as well. More or less, Just wanted to touch on a few things and keep people up to speed with some things formulating from a basic standpoint. (not giving too much away).

+ I've written a few segments for the next upcoming show and I'm really excited what has come forward thus far. Some segments, as most of the time with this diary, may carry a little more detail than others (same with matches). however, all in all, the feeling of the new show is really taking a great development.

+ A goal of mine, in PSW, from here on out is to really develop a decent "Tag Team" division. With being a smaller company, You won't see anything crazy from this standpoint as I don't want to overly bloat my roster... but... with that being said, There are some newly minted tag teams that I have (barring any sort of bad chemistry) in mind that could go over pretty well.

+ I've considered a 3rd Singles Title. I'm not 100% sure if I want to do so, however, with a roster of nearly 30 some wrestlers... It can be hard to keep everyone happy from a title perspective. Granted, If a title was brought in it would probably be a concept championship versus just your garden-variety title belt. That being said, I have a few ideas in mind of how something could be generated without it seeming like a title was just added for nothing. Your thoughts?

My two cents is chose, either a third belt or work on the tag teams. Why you ask well you need a freaking large roster to keep it competitive and you would need to keep track of it all. I would rather have one belt booked very well then two booked poorly (,Hello TNA,) off course it isn't impossible to do both (,James Casey has it but has admitted himself having trouble with the tags,) but you would have to realize what you are getting into so for now focus on one or the other. Seriously with the lack of over and/or experienced tag teams in the start data tag teams should become a focus once you are making money at cult imho and before that something to train people with or get them over or have two dominant teams with occasional possibly thrown together challengers.

My two cents is chose, either a third belt or work on the tag teams. Why you ask well you need a freaking large roster to keep it competitive and you would need to keep track of it all. I would rather have one belt booked very well then two booked poorly (,Hello TNA,) off course it isn't impossible to do both (,James Casey has it but has admitted himself having trouble with the tags,) but you would have to realize what you are getting into so for now focus on one or the other. Seriously with the lack of over and/or experienced tag teams in the start data tag teams should become a focus once you are making money at cult imho and before that something to train people with or get them over or have two dominant teams with occasional possibly thrown together challengers.

Good point.

Sadly, I'm very very far from "cult" at this point. So, I'm not planning on creating anything drastic from a tag team division. However, with that being said, I'm on the verge of adding 2 more teams that can potentially help deepen the division slightly while also adding some extra avenues. One team is to, theoretically, give a veteran something to do while giving also a youngster the ability to work up the ranks. The other, is to bring in a "named team" that can be seen as an experienced tag team to work against the other established teams on the roster.

The third title, if it were to come together, would be something rather small. Nothing crazy really. However, the company-wide angle that I'm running right now would give the opportunity to easily develop a new title and throw it into the mix.

<p>I always say the more tag teams the better. However, that is just my opinion. The problem that you might come across is the fact that you are a smaller company and so can you afford these people. When I play as CZCW, or any small company for that matter, I have the problem of signing not a lot but more then I need and thus I usually take a huge hit in the money department. I am sure you manage the money side better then I do so that will probably not be a problem for you.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, you usually run your shows at an hour and a half (if I remember right). So another thing you are going to have to think of is how will you fit all of these people on such a short show. You could go to two hours or do what I always do and hold a dark match battle royal on every card.</p><p> </p><p>

As far as the title goes, I think you could pull of adding another title. Maybe a low level title that the scrubs of your roster could fight over.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always say the more tag teams the better. However, that is just my opinion. The problem that you might come across is the fact that you are a smaller company and so can you afford these people. When I play as CZCW, or any small company for that matter, I have the problem of signing not a lot but more then I need and thus I usually take a huge hit in the money department.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's my biggest problem right now as I don't want to overly bloat my roster. That being said, I'm lucky enough that 2 of my potential tag teams are already on the roster, and the third will be brought in for a short-term solution to help stimulate interest in the division. So, while the incoming tag team may soak up some money and hurt us financially, in a sense, it could pay-off with a more interesting tag team landscape than just having the "Dirty White Boys" dominate the division forever. Even the Dudley Boyz in ECW needed some legit tag teams to feud with (while not many) to keep it interesting. In the end, you knew that the Dudleyz were the mainstays... But they needed some strong competitors to give them a run.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> I am sure you manage the money side better then I do so that will probably not be a problem for you..</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm doing decently well financially as I hit the year & half mark with PSW. I was fortunate enough to make 50,000 dollars in profit in our first year (before Holmes came onto the roster), So that has given me enough of a cushion to stay afloat financially. </p><p> </p><p> At this point, I'm not making money... However, I'm also not losing enough to really make me fear what "could be". Plus, I have around $ 98,000 left in capital which makes it easier to bring in some newbies and not fear losing everything.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, you usually run your shows at an hour and a half (if I remember right). So another thing you are going to have to think of is how will you fit all of these people on such a short show. You could go to two hours or do what I always do and hold a dark match battle royal on every card.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I typically book each show at 1 HOUR and 30 MINS mostly due to the fact that anything longer tends to burn me out from a writing standpoint. I've done a few at 2 HOURS, however, those shows always pushed my sanity by the time the show had come to a close. haha. So, it's purely selfish to keep it a little shorter in which to give the shows their due creatively.</p><p> </p><p> I do utilize dark matches a lot though (and chose not to post them as I don't want to ruin upcoming wrestlers, tag teams, etc.). So, as the tag division slowly takes shape I'd def be using that as a tool to help develop everything.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As far as the title goes, I think you could pull of adding another title. Maybe a low level title that the scrubs of your roster could fight over.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought about another singles title being for the lower card members but I'm not totally sure. To be honest, I always get this idea to create a new singles title and then I end up squashing that Idea as I don't want to lose the importance of the PSW National Championship. To me, companies like the WWE in real life, have too many titles and this only hurts the titles you do have. If a new championship was introduced it would probably be purely in some sort of gimmick form (ie: ECW's FTW Title).</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>UPDATE: "The Vile and the Vengeful" event is 40% finished from a writing standpoint.</strong></p>

<p>i think that using too many tag teams gets pretty expensive, especially with big name workers.</p><p>

i like to just have one title in my small feds...it gives a chance to work the whole roster....so i can push different workers towards the title....it stops things getting stale if i have a champion for a period of time and have them feud with one or two challengers...eventually one of the challengers will win then have a new challenger that i have built up in momemtum come into the title scene.</p><p>

i am at the moment experimenting with having a weekly show in my small fed...it is working pretty well the pop is going up pretty fast...</p><p>

i use my big names...larry wood(champion) and hell monkey only once a month as they are expensive..and fill the rest of the shows with cheaper workers....</p><p>

thanks for writing your excellent diary i am hooked...</p><p>

congrats on the engagement...getting married was probablly the single most happy day of my life...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="paulskln" data-cite="paulskln" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i am at the moment experimenting with having a weekly show in my small fed...it is working pretty well the pop is going up pretty fast...<p> i use my big names...larry wood(champion) and hell monkey only once a month as they are expensive..and fill the rest of the shows with cheaper workers...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A weekly show with a small company? wow. How can you afford that? Are you making money? </p><p> </p><p> I've flirted with the idea of running two events a month, versus the one a month thing, however, I'm afraid that I would end up losing money hand-over-fist. With PSW it's just as much about trying to keep your finances in order as moving their popularity up as a bad month (possibly losing over $ 10,000) could cripple the company. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="paulskln" data-cite="paulskln" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="23259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> thanks for writing your excellent diary i am hooked...</p><p> congrats on the engagement...getting married was probablly the single most happy day of my life...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> With the first part, Thanks for reading the diary & staying up to date! I never thought I could love a dynasty more than my X-WA one (as that was really my baby and ended up killing it off due to a lackluster fallout), however, PSW on every front is just truly amazing to write for. I think booking it through the eyes of John Greed really makes it that much more interesting as well. </p><p> </p><p> Second part, The details of it all can be somewhat of a "bonk your head against the wall" kind of ordeal. ha. However, the end result is something I'm really excited for. Thank you!</p>

Archived