Statistical accuracy?

Here's how I do sacks. They count again the team rushing yards (and attempts), but I do not count them against a QBs individual rushing stats. Instead, you have two lines tracked for QBs: rushing attempts and rushing yards, as well as sacks and yards loss. If you add the two together you will get his Net rushing yards. I have found that keeping them seperate helps people better judge a QB's rushing ability. If you add them together, it's sometimes hard to see if a QB is a good runner with poor instincts for avoiding sacks (or bad OL) or simply a poor runner. Again, since you will see the tracked sacks and yards loss, people can combine the two if they wish when evaluating a player. If, however, I decided to combine the two in stat tracking, there would be no way to see a QB's performance in only rushing attempts.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]Here's how I do sacks. They count again the team rushing yards (and attempts), but I do not count them against a QBs individual rushing stats. Instead, you have two lines tracked for QBs: rushing attempts and rushing yards, as well as sacks and yards loss. If you add the two together you will get his Net rushing yards. I have found that keeping them seperate helps people better judge a QB's rushing ability. If you add them together, it's sometimes hard to see if a QB is a good runner with poor instincts for avoiding sacks (or bad OL) or simply a poor runner. Again, since you will see the tracked sacks and yards loss, people can combine the two if they wish when evaluating a player. If, however, I decided to combine the two in stat tracking, there would be no way to see a QB's performance in only rushing attempts.[/QUOTE]Good call. :)

Archived