Sadly Unsatisfied

So I downloaded the demo for this game, and had alot of fun with it. Played some career mode stuff with Christian Faith and Hell Monkey and was reasonably successful.

I wonder what went wrong? lol

I just recently purchased the full version of WreSpi 2 because I had reasonable fun with the demo, and suddenly everything changed. I started up a new career with a new wrestler, and signed 3 agreements with smaller promotions. I went 2 months having to pass each and every show because it says I was never booked. Not exactly a very exciting experience.

So I tried it again, started up a new game with a less realistic beginning setting my starting stats to "Incredible" or whatever is above Future Legend. I got booked, and for whatever reason the psychology of the game drastically changed. I wasn't able to block any moves, none of my counters worked, and the lower carders I was facing were countering anything I tried to do that wasn't a basic low level strike. Which some of them were even able to shrug it off and keep attacking me for another flurry of 15 moves.

Ok so I figured "Well, I was playing as Hell Monkey and Christian Faith in the demo, maybe I'll just stay away from rookie to legend mode and continue my saves from them".

And suddenly, once again, everything changed. While my first month record with Christian Faith wasn't perfect, my first month record with Hell Monkey was nearly flawless. So I tried to play as them, and suddenly the game got ALOT harder. I was getting creamed in a similar fashion as I was in Rookie to Legend against guys that I had previously been able to easily defeat as Hell Monkey, even alot of the standard counters I used for some of the moves I KNEW I could counter still didn't work, and I was steam rolled again.

Finally, I tried the DESPERATION move. I went into the database and edited the wrestlers list to where I made my own created wrestler with max stats on everything and filled up his movesets to the brink of max 25, 50, and 15 with every category with the best mix of low to high damaging moves that I could muster. Made him insanely popular and basically God modded the crap out of the game.

The result? I fought Masked Cougar in my first match and he steam rolled me with 5 moves before hitting the Masked Cougar Pounce with a 95% success rate 3 minutes into the match and beat me. Still no successful counters, still no more effectiveness of my moves, just straight up loss.

I realize the game is meant to be difficult and not easily conquered, but this is horribly ridiculous. I don't know what happened between the demo and the actual purchase, but I am sorely disatisfied with this game. I wont even dare touch the two "League" modes as they specifically tell you its hard, so I don't even want to imagine the level of impossibility it is to win a match on those levels.

In a nutshell, I won't suggest to over people that they shouldn't buy this game, but all the same, its the biggest waste of 25 bucks I have ever shelled out in my life. TEW 08 on the otherhand, has been MASSIVE fun.

It sounds like there is a deeper issue here, as what you've described isn't really possible - I'm not sure if you're aware, but the match engine is 100% identical between the demo and the retail version, and doesn't change from mode to mode; the only that that alters is the stats of the characters being used, and the effects that they cause. For you to suddenly be unable to use counters sounds like you may be experiencing a bug. I suggest that you zip up a save game where this issue is visible and send it to me so that I can test it and find where the problem is.

Archived