TOP Fighter - Season 1 : Foster/Bohlin vs Fezzik/Ziskie

TOP Fighter Gym

http://www.mashgym.com/uploaded/images/New/New%20Folder/Picture%20003.jpg

8 Heavyweights and 8 Lightweights entered the gym, checking everything out and building up their expectations. They're blown away, completely shattering every thought they had, and making it bigger. To train with 4 of the best coaches in the world, and they're the people who they are training. It was, an awesome feeling.

But then, 8 more heavyweights, and 8 more lightweights, entered the room, and things got tense...

Roger Bean : I was completely shocked, I had no idea how things were going to play out, but then when those 8 other featherweights entered, I'm sitting there thinking to myself, what the hell is happening ?

Shuler Eigenburg : I had no idea what was happening, but I can't say I wasn't expecting a twist, they wouldn't just sit 8 guys in there without testing them.

Rav Kapur : After I left BCF for TOP MMA, I was expecting an easy ride, but then I saw some guys that I'd been watching during my career, like, Hiro Arai, Mugur Boc among others, but It was just a complete shock.

D.L. Freeman then entered the room, accompanied by James Foster, Hassan Fezzik, Philip Ziskie and Lars Bohlin, all 4 of which, were Eyeing the fighters, the fighters, were doing the same.

D.L. Freeman : Gentlemen, among you are 16 Heavyweights and Featherweights, too many to fit in our house. There are 16 beds in this place, and 8 of each division will be filling those beds. You have a tremendous opportunity here, you could be the champion, of TOP MMA's Featherweight and Heavyweight divisions, and after this show, I can guarantee, after four fights on this show, you will, get a title shot. A Six-Figure contract, and a nice Tuxedo for the Press conference. You'll each be fighting tomorrow, 2 men will enter, 1 will be in the house. Weigh-Ins are today, coaches pick tomorrow. Start cuttin' gentlemen.

2 Hours later...

Weigh-Ins

Heavyweights

Aleksander Ivanov - 254

Christopher Sharp - 225

Gyokusho Fujimoto - 240

Hiro Arai - 230

Rav Kapur - 265

Steve Mason - 231

Jerry Bogdonovich - 221

Terry Catt - 221

Featherweights

Ang Dong - 145

Dominic Ash - 145

Easton Frye - 145

Fernando Peragon - 145

James Busfield - 145

Kei Maki - 145

Nuno Valentino - 145

Seth O'Breen - 145

*First Fights to be Fought*

Episode 2

'The Cage Door Closes'

Aleksander Ivanov vs Lenny McFadden

Aleksander Ivanov and Lenny McFadden got the first fight of the day, and put on some tentative striking before Ivanov shot in for the takedown, and kept him down for the first round. Ivanov kept him down with some little rabbit punches, before the referee stood them up, the takedown was shot again, and it worked, and the bell rang to end the first round. Second round started, and the takedown was shot, and McFadden was finally able to sprawl. He landed some nice stiff punches before taking Ivanov down. Ivanov pulled a high guard, and rolled him over, before getting back to the feet. Ivanov kept him away with some jabs, and landed some nice leg kicks. The Round ended, and it was declared a draw, so the third round began. Ivanov landed some more leg kicks, and faked another, before shooting McFadden to the ropes. McFadden used his balance to stay up, but Ivanov picked him up and dropped him down with a nice slam. Ivanov picked up the pace, ground and pounding McFadden, and moving away from the up-kicks. Ivanov stood him up, and started throwing kicks to the body, which set up a beautiful head kick, that stumbled McFadden to the canvas. The bell rang, and the fight was over. Judges scored the bout : 29-28 Ivaonv, 29-28 McFadden, 29-28 Ivanov, giving Ivanov the Split Decision.

Winner and Moving on to the house :

Aleksander Ivanov

Ang Dong vs Shuler Eigenburg

Ang Dong and Shuler Eigenburg started off the match very quickly, as Eigenburg came forward with some nasty punches, 3 of which caught Dong. Dong clinched up, jumped for the flying armbar, and landed in perfect position. Dong let the arm go, and mounted Eigenburg. He started throwing down punches, before grabbing the arm again, and tapping Eigenburg out. Stunning upset from Ang Dong.

Ang Dong

Sharaku Kon vs Christopher Sharp

Sharaku Kon was off today, as Christopher Sharp was just dominating him throughout the whole first round, landing some brutal hooks and kicks to the ribs. Sharp came at Kon with some nice hooks, before ducking down with a takedown. Sharp kept him down for the rest of the round with punches. The second round was more of the same, punches, kicks and a takedown. This time with some dangerous punches and elbows from the top. The round ended at this pace, and Christopher Sharp was declared the winner by Unanimous Decision.

Christopher Sharp

Dominic Ash vs Ryota Sugimoto

Ash kept a furious pace throughout the whole fight, as he came forward with quick, snapping punches, some brutal kicks, and some slick footwork. Sugimoto was just completely out matched. Sugimoto threw a hook back at him, but was just too slow. Ash shot in, and threw punches and elbows. The ref stopped the fight, as the bell rang. Ash kept the pace, and dominated Sugimoto. The bell rang, and Sugimoto was bloodied up, as Ash won the Unanimous Decision.

Dominic Ash

Denbe Ekiguchi vs Terry Catt

Catt came in very quick, shooting in, and took Denbe down and held side mount. He mounted very quickly, and pounded away at Ekiguchi. Ekiguchi was quickly bloodied up, but managed to kick out. Terry looked a little more tired as he got up, and Denbe took advantage, throwing some brutal hooks. The round ended, and the second started, as Denbe came forward with some crisp punches, but Catt responded with a brutal left hand, that staggered Ekiguchi. A flurry of punches, dropped Ekiguchi, who managed to recover with a takedown, mounting him, and pounding away. The round ended in that way, with Ekiguchi pounding. The round was declared a draw, so the fight continued into the third round, and Ekiguchi rushed in and scooped up Catt. Catt held on to a guillotine, and Ekiguchi slammed him, making it stronger, Ekiguchi tries to get out, but taps out trying. Catt moves into the house with a Submission.

Terry Catt

Easton Frye vs Roger Bean

Easton Frye came in very hard, throwing very powerful punches. One of the caught Bean, slumping him against the ropes, and Easton beating on him with some brutal rights and lefts the referee was forced to stop the action. Easton Frye is moving on to the house with a quick TKO.

Easton Frye

Gyokusho Fujimoto vs Pete Shilton

Gyokusho dominated the first round with some awesome wrestling skills, and continued to dominate, with some awesome kicks. Pete kept coming forward, but was countered time and time again. The round ended, and the pace continued in the second round. Gyokusho continued to counter, and used a takedown to win the second round. Gyokusho Fujimoto won a Unanimous Decision, and moved on to the house.

Gyokusho Fujimoto

Fernando Peragon vs Po-Han Yue

Fernando Peragon used his incredible technique to dominate the fight. Po-Han Yue was pulled to the ground, and Peragon used his Rubber guard, to roll to mount, and pounded away for the rest of the first round. The second round was different, with the takedown again, but this time with Peragon looking fo openings instead of just pounding away. He won the round, and wound up winning a Unanimous Decision.

Fernando Peragon

Episode 3 will feature the final 8 fights...

To be Continued...

Episode 3

'The Battle Rages On'

Hiro Arai vs Junior Patinkin

Hiro Arai put on a powerful display of Kicks, but was gassed out at the end of Round 1, unable to finish Junior. Patinkin came back in Round 2, but ate a big kick to the face, and went down. Hiro continued to punch away on the ground, but was unable to finish the dazed Patinkin. Discouraged, he stood up, and pushed a slow pace, until the bell rang. Hiro won a Unanimous Decision, and will be moving on to the house.

Hiro Arai

Seth O'Breen vs Harvey Ripa

Seth O'Breen finished the fight very quickly, clinching up with Ripa, and pulling guard, and rolling him over, successfully getting mount. He pulled the mount, and got the tap. Very impressive win from O'Breen, as he moves into the house.

Seth O'Breen

Jerry Bogdonovich vs Mugur Boc

Bogdonovich moved up in weight, and had a successful start, dominating Mugur Boc, punching away at Boc, and knocking him down. Bogdonovich bounced on the opportunity, getting to guard and pounding away at the downed opponent. The Referee pulled him away, and Bogdonovich moved into the house with a first round TKO.

Jerry Bogdonovich

Nuno Valentino vs Ivan Bokhour

Ivan Bokhour came in hard, but Nuno expected it, dropping low and tripping Ivan, allowing him to get mount. Nuno pounded away, and attempted an Arm-Bar. Ivan slammed his way out of it, and got back to the feet. Nuno followed him up, and took a brutal hook, that dropped him to the ropes. Nuno held on to the legs, avoiding any more punches. The Bell rang, and Round 2 began. Nuno took him down very quick, and rolled around to his back, grabbing the choke. Ivan held on, but was obviously gasping for air, and eventually tapped out.

Nuno Valentino

Steve Mason vs Percy Catcher

Mason controlled the whole first round, landing some nice kicks, and some quick jabs. Every time Percy tried to press the action, he was eating a jab or a kick. Steve shot down, and started pounding away. Round 2 began, and Steve landed a brutal left hand that was followed by a kick, and ended Percy's night with some ground and pound. Steve Mason is moving on to the house with a TKO.

Steve Mason

James Busfield vs Manish Khan

Manish Khan started off the fight at a fast pace, grabbing on to a single collar tie, and dirty boxing his way to the ropes, where he took Busfield down, and pounded away. Busfield kicked out, and ate a huge superman punch. The round ended in the guard. Round 2 started, and Busfield dodged a haymaker, and landed a brutal high kick, laying Khan out, and winning the fight with a Bone Crushing Knock-Out.

James Busfield

Souleymane Ya Konan vs Rav Kapur

Rav came out swinging, and landed one brutal punch after another, one of which dropped Ya Konan. Smelling the end, Rav came in fast, and started pounding away. Ya Konan stopped the onslaught, by holding him down, and landing some little elbows from the bottom. Rav Slammed him down, getting up, and landing another punch. The round continued this way, until the end of the round, and at the beginning of Round 2, it was different, as Rav took him down and punched away, until the end of the round. Rav won a Unanimous Decision and moved into the house.

Rav Kapur

Kei Maki vs Kenji Akita

Kenji landed a quick flurry of punches, and nearly ended Maki, but Maki managed to survive, and land his own big punch, that staggered Akita back. Kei continued to push forward, landing a huge flying knee that floored Akita, and punched away until the referee stopped the fight.

Kei Maki

Who Will Join What Team ? Tune In Next Episode...

TOP Fighter Gym

DL Freeman : Alright Gentlemen, I'll tell you something, 9 of you finished your fights, that's a good turn out, but for the 7 of you that didn't, let me tell you something, 1 of you did not impress me at all. Hiro, you were gassed in the Second round, that tells me, that you weren't ready for this show. You'd better impress me next fight, or you definitely will not be getting a contract with Tier One Promotions.

Hiro Arai : Man, when DL told me I had to step it up, I knew what was wrong, my conditioning, SUCKED. Seriously, I'll definitely need to work my conditioning, because if not, my dream won't come true.

James Foster : Honestly, I was impressed by most guys, nearly all of them finished their fights, that shows me that they're ready to go to war.

Philip Ziskie : Great guys, great fights, I'll tell you one thing, I'm glad I don't have to pick Heavies, because they're going to have a tough job, one of them gets Hiro, and I don't envy the person that does.

Hassan Fezzik : Hiro didn't impress me, but he's a friend, but friendship aside, I don't think I can honestly pick him.

Lars Bohlin : I've been with TOP my whole career, and I've never seen guys this hungry. It should be a great show.

DL Freeman : Alright, there's one last thing. Team Picking. Heads vs Tails, Heads is Ziskie/Fezzik, Tails is Bohlin/Foster... It's Fezzik/Ziskie. You guys pick your favorite fighter, whichever division, and Foster/Bohlin, you guys will pick the opposite division, and alternate, the orders that are possible, are HW/FW/HW/FW and so on, or FW/HW/FW/HW. Take some time to think gentlemen, and I'll see you later...

TOP Fighter Gym

Episode 4

'Team Picking'

DL Freeman : Alright Gentlemen. You've all done good in your fights. You've made the house, and now it's time to pick teams. First up is Team Ziskie/Fezzik. Ziskie, you've told me you're picking Featherweights first ? So let's get it started.

Philip Ziskie : Alright, I've thought long and hard on my picks, and I'm not only basing this on your fight, but on how you cut weight, if you were frustrated, if you had the energy to keep going, and how much of a finisher you were, that's what Fezzik is doing too. So my first pick is : James Busfield

James Busfield : For me to be the first to get that Red Jersey for the Featherweights, I'm just so damn happy, I'm going to prove to Ziskie and Fezzik that I'm the finisher in this house, and that I've got the drive to keep going.

James Foster : Alright, My pick now, Heavyweights, I'm basing it on how strong you are, and your potential. My first pick is : Hiro Arai.

Hiro Arai : I'll be honest, I really wasn't expecting to be first pick after my poor performance. I'll prove everybody wrong though, and win it for Foster, as he obviously has confidence in me.

Hassan Fezzik : My First pick, as Ziskie explained, is based on his same criteria, and I'll be picking Aleksander Ivanov.

Aleksander Ivanov : I'm happy I was first for the Heavyweights, he must have confidence in me, and I guarantee there won't be any more split decisions. All finishes from now on.

Lars Bohlin : I'm basing my picks on how much drive you showed in the ring, which leads me to this pick : Dominic Ash

Dominic Ash : I put on a frantic pace, and That's probably why he picked me. I'll make him proud.

Philip Ziskie : Nuno Valentino

Nuno Valentino : I'm glad, my submissions are the best in the house, and I'm like Li-Kong Ho, Once you're on the ground with me, there's no getting up.

James Foster : Gyokusho Fujimoto

Gyokusho Fujimoto : I'm very happy James picked me, I will make him proud.

Hassan Fezzik : Rav Kapur

Rav Kapur : Man, with me and Aleks on the same team, it's going to be impossible for Team Foster/Bohlin to win.

Lars Bohlin : Easton Frye

Easton Frye : I Came in like a bat outta hell in the fight, smacked him in the face, and that's probably why I'm the second guy for Team Bohlin/Foster, happy to oblige.

Philip Ziskie : Seth O'Breen

Seth O'Breen : Glad to be on the team, as long as I'm not last picked overall, I'm good to go !

James Foster : Christopher Sharp

Christopher Sharp : I'm damn well glad I was picked, but I'm going to bring hell throughout this whole show.

Hassan Fezzik : Terry Catt

Terry Catt : I'm the Second to last Heavyweight on team, I can understand it, because I am one of the least experienced people here. But I will be dominating the whole damn thing.

Lars Bohlin : Ang Dong

Ang Dong : I'll be winning this thing, Nothing else to say.

Philip Ziskie : Kei Maki

Kei Maki : I'm going to win this show. I'm the biggest guy here, I used to fight at Welterweight, now I'm down to Featherweight. I guarantee you nobody is going to out-muscle me.

James Foster : Steve Mason

Steve Mason : I'm the Urban Cowboy guys, nobody is going to be wilder than me.

Hassan Fezzik : Jerry Bogdonovich

Jerry Bogdonovich : I'm pissed being the last one picked, but no prob, I'll knock everybody out.

Lars Bohlin : Fernando Peragon

Fernando Peragon : Last Guy picked overall, last featherweight, I'm upset. I'll win and prove everybody wrong though.

DL Freeman : Alright, Go check out the house guys ! Have fun. Team Captains, come with me, we're going to settle the training sessions.

TOP Fighter Gym

DL Freeman : Alright guys, thought I should just highlight this. There's a reason everybody closed down their promotions to come here and found, TOP. We wanted to start fresh, and book the best fights possible. The possibilities were endless, but the problem was, we had all these top guys, but no prospects. That's why I founded TOP Fighter. TapouT Promotions needed some new stars, and this was an instant star builder. That's why you, the fighters here, have this opportunity. I have the fight pick from Team Foster. The Heavyweights that is. I thought I would start mentioning you guys separately, less work for me you know ?

Alright, so the first fight will be : From the Red Team, Terry Catt.

Terry Catt : Whoever I'm put in against, they better be ready for a war.

DL Freeman : And from the Blue Team, Hiro Arai.

Terry Catt : And Sure Enough, They Set Me Up to go to war with the guy that should be the easiest to beat. Hiro Arai, is going to be on his ass by the end of this week.

Hiro Arai : Coach Foster put me in here to fight with Catt, and if he believes in me, I know I can do it.

TOP Fighter Mansion

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/spanish.jpg

Terry Catt : Some of the guys at the house were partying last night because of it was our first night at the house, but tonight, I just thought I needed some sleep, so I went upstairs, went to bed. Passed Out round 11 O'Clock, and nobody heard anything from me for the rest of the night. From what I understand though, Nobody could really hear anything else, it was so loud.

Dominic Ash : You Know, I come from Pittsburgh, so I'm not one of those guys those guys that minds not being able to sleep at night, but hell right, I'm not fighting, and as long as I can wake up in the morning and be able to train, I must be doing something right.

Seth O'Breen : Did the noise bother me ? No No' a' all, I mean, come on, I'm from Dublin, Ireland, where I'm drinking every night lad, and you know, If I'm drinkin' all night at a place where they go' alcohol by the masses eh, well, where ther' limited alcohol by the night, it does no' bother me a' any level.

Hiro Arai : I'm not going to lie, I was up all night partying with some of the guys, so, The training right now is the last thing on my mind...

Outside

Easton Frye : Yo ! Guys ! Let's Go Jump in the Pool ! Yo ! Heavyweights ! Somebody Come Suplex me into the pool !

Rav Kapur : You Know, Easton, he's a young kid from Atlanta, where I don't know how the youth behaves, and I'm only 2 years older than the lad, but I bloody well know for sure that I behave better then the boy. He's got what I call "Little Man Syndrome" where somebody who's obviously smaller than the rest of the pack, that needs the attention. So if nobody gives it to him, he gets pissed. Either that, or he'll stop. More likely the first, than the second. So, I don't know, maybe once he gets beaten, he'll stop, or get worse, it's complicated. But of course, somebody goes and pays attention to him.

Steve Mason : Alright, Easton, Shut Up and get on the diving board. I'll suplex you.

Easton Smashes into the pool at high speed

Easton Frye : WOO ! Alright, Again ! Again !

Steve Mason : Nah East, we got to get to sleep, we gotta get up and go train tomorrow.

Easton Frye : MOTHERF*CKERS ! GET DOWN HERE ! COME ON ! LET'S JUMP IN THE POOL ! COME ON !

Jerry Bogdonovich : Easton ! Get The F*ck into the house, we'll party tomorrow, we gotta go train tomorrow !

Easton Frye : MAKE ME B*TCH !

Jerry Bogdonovich : I'm closing the doors and locking everything, get your ass in here or you're sleeping outside tonight !

Easton Frye : NO ! DON'T LOCK THE DOORS ! LET ME IN !

Doors Lock

Easton Frye : Let Me in...

Rav Kapur : Finally some peace and quiet...

Archived