That was a ludicrous first match...

Guest weaponhead7

Guest weaponhead7

So I've just started RTL, signed with 21CW, 4C and MAW to keep me busy. First match in like my entire career is me vs Ultra Fly on a 21CW card. Its sports-entertainment style so I'm thinkin' this will be your standard affair. So 58:20 later in the match, the ref finally stops it as U-Fly is unable to continue after he tried to Axe Handle me from the top to the outside which I countered into a powerslam (awesome spot).

Okay so WHAT THE HELL. Fly would not die. I was sure we would be going broadway, it was insane. I havn't played on so I'm going to assume this was an extremely rare occurance and my other matches might be a bit more run-of-the-mill.

Right...?

Hey question, right now my schedule is fine right, working most weeks as the promotions I'm signed on for hold events at pretty good intervals. It makes sense not for these little feds to be going week-to-week. But is the game designed so I will stay busy, like realistically? I mean I noticed you could potentially set all the companies to touring all year so you get this mad like weekly schedule. I just want a realistic experience. With the smaller feds what does it matter right but what about the bigger promotions? Like shouldn't I eventually be getting barely any days off kinda thing?

Thanks dudes of the forum and thanks Adam and Gray Dog Soft. for bringing out their mad titles.

Now lets see if I can get a hang of one of the booking games...

At the start, yeah, you'll be working three shows a month - if that. Sometimes you won't be booked on shows at all. You have to take your chances, simple as that.

The odd match can turn into an epic. I've gotten A* matches from Sid Vicious and other talentless wastes simply because they've gone back and forth for extended spells. As a rule of thumb, the longer the match, the better the grade it'll get - especially if there's a lot of finisher attempts and reversals, which is often the case in your early matches when you don't have the skills/popularity to reliably hit your finishers every time, and missing one shifts momentum back to your opponent.

Keep it up, and enjoy it when you get to the bigger leagues - signing on with two or more Cult/National companies could well see you working three or four times a week with TV and everything.

Archived