1.) Do you guys keep around these fighters who have a few D's - F's for some of their stats, and nothing for the rest? Basically - the guys you know aren't going to win anything and are pretty much 100% useless.

I know people use cans, but what exactly do you define as such? It seems pointless to me to have such worthless fighters in my organization. I'd rather have 10 good fighters and that's it, than 10 good fighters, and a bunch of hacks. Paying them to fight seems pointless. Basically, I'm starting up a new game as GAMMA, and I really want to cut all these guys like say Lloyd McAllister or Jack Cobblepot. Just makes no sense to me to even bother, I'd rather just hire a fighter who's unemployed and has a future actually competing.

2.) How much do you worry about putting on Great and Good Main and Co-Mains? I always get to a point where no matter who I put up, the fans think it suck; even if they're popular fighters. Sometimes I can't get a great main event for 2-3 more shows... Should I hold off from putting on a show for a month or two and wait for a big star to recover, or just go ahead with the crappy show?

3.) When you put together an event - and they think the main and/or co-main is great or good at the time; will shows before it alter their feelings, or once it's locked in does it stay? For instance, if I put on an amazing show, that causes my popularity to rise, so that the main event fighters would no longer be considered a great matchup were I to create it from scratch, will they think the fight sucks, even though when I put it together they loved it? Basically - should I plan ahead, or just schedule shows one at a time?

4.) Is there any point in holding shows in various states, or not? Countries, I can see if you want to make your name bigger in those countries, but is there any point in holding a fight in Minnesota instead of Nevada; or is there any harm in doing so?

5.) Is there a way to do a "lesser" show? For instance, the UFC has Ultimate Fight Night in which we don't expect mega stars, but either rising stars, or just not quite superstars to headline and co-headline. Is there a way to do that in the game so that I can put on two lesser fighters to get them seen in the main event without people saying the show is crap? Or do I just deal with it?

I guess that's all I can think of for now; I know there's more though.

1.) Do you guys keep around these fighters who have a few D's - F's for some of their stats, and nothing for the rest? Basically - the guys you know aren't going to win anything and are pretty much 100% useless.

I know people use cans, but what exactly do you define as such? It seems pointless to me to have such worthless fighters in my organization. I'd rather have 10 good fighters and that's it, than 10 good fighters, and a bunch of hacks. Paying them to fight seems pointless. Basically, I'm starting up a new game as GAMMA, and I really want to cut all these guys like say Lloyd McAllister or Jack Cobblepot. Just makes no sense to me to even bother, I'd rather just hire a fighter who's unemployed and has a future actually competing.

Yes - if you only have 10 top fighters per division, how are you going to build up win streaks (which are needed in order to get good main events). Plus who are the young future stars going to beat while young in order to build their skills and reputation?

2.) How much do you worry about putting on Great and Good Main and Co-Mains? I always get to a point where no matter who I put up, the fans think it suck; even if they're popular fighters. Sometimes I can't get a great main event for 2-3 more shows... Should I hold off from putting on a show for a month or two and wait for a big star to recover, or just go ahead with the crappy show?

If you are GAMMA, then nearly all title fights will have a decent interest - assuming you have both champ and challenger on win streaks. However - having one awful event in every 3 will not harm you in the long run - 2 great, plus on awful, in my experience, tends to keep your company popularity at what it was before the 3 shows. My policy (with GAMMA) is to try and put on one title fight per show (thus allowing the champ nearly 5 months to recover each time.....or in Asanovic's case, the full 6 months, lazy bugger!), then one "big" fight in another division (eg 2 top 10 fighters facing off for the next title shot) and then mostly squash matches to build win streaks. It works!

3.) When you put together an event - and they think the main and/or co-main is great or good at the time; will shows before it alter their feelings, or once it's locked in does it stay? For instance, if I put on an amazing show, that causes my popularity to rise, so that the main event fighters would no longer be considered a great matchup were I to create it from scratch, will they think the fight sucks, even though when I put it together they loved it? Basically - should I plan ahead, or just schedule shows one at a time?

Yes it does alter the fans perception, but as I said before, don't worry about it - you cannot put on a great shot EVERY time.

4.) Is there any point in holding shows in various states, or not? Countries, I can see if you want to make your name bigger in those countries, but is there any point in holding a fight in Minnesota instead of Nevada; or is there any harm in doing so?

Don't totally know, but I do tend to rotate my USA shows among the 6 most prestigious areas (Nevada, California, Florida, Hawaii, and (I think) New York and Ohio?) No harm seems to be done.

Holding a show abroad is great for your popularity - especially if you have a big overseas star (eg Fezzik, Sukarno) in an area that your company is not v popular in. Sukarno v anyone in Asia, while you are only national (or less) pop as a company there, is a guaranteed Excellent show!

5.) Is there a way to do a "lesser" show? For instance, the UFC has Ultimate Fight Night in which we don't expect mega stars, but either rising stars, or just not quite superstars to headline and co-headline. Is there a way to do that in the game so that I can put on two lesser fighters to get them seen in the main event without people saying the show is crap? Or do I just deal with it?

TV Shows don't require as much star power - but if you do screw them up, they cost you more popularity, cos more people see them!

I guess that's all I can think of for now; I know there's more though.

Answers in red!

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

So - with these cans, do you just hire whoever and set them up to lose over and over, basically? Like if I get a good looking fighter who could be something great in a few years, do I just feed him guys he's going to beat over and over until I think he's ready to take on the big guys?

Archived