Strikeforce: Carano vs Santos Recap (Already Over)

XxFutureLegend112xX

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24220" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought the fight was Saturday night. Decent brawl...but why did Carano get off full mount?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because she clearly has no ground game and because Cyborg powered her way up.</p>

I haven't seen any of Carano's other fights, but from the little I've seen Cyborg, she's a beast. Hopefully we get a rematch down the line once their skills are more rounded. Because as "OK" as the brawl was, it was a little sloppy.

I thought it was very sloppy and looked more like Cyborg beating up a girl at the bar who just hit on her man rather than an MMA fight, Carano was constantly covering up instead of evading and countering, she fell down numerous times, as was just mentioned she couldn't secure mount even for 30 seconds, she was clearly gassed, the only thing I was impressed with was escaping the heel hook and kimura.

I thought it was very sloppy and looked more like Cyborg beating up a girl at the bar who just hit on her man rather than an MMA fight, Carano was constantly covering up instead of evading and countering, she fell down numerous times, as was just mentioned she couldn't secure mount even for 30 seconds, she was clearly gassed, the only thing I was impressed with was escaping the heel hook and kimura.

When they stood toe to toe, Carano was landing a few nice shots. She's clearly the more skilled striker, Cyborg just has man-power. I'm proud of Gina just for lasting for the basically the entire round, I thought it was going to end in the opening barrage.

Archived