Number of Shows (Guidelines)

Question:

With default rosters or making a few additions, how often should a mid level regional fed hold shows?

I'm sure GAMMA can do them every month or every other month, but I can't see a Regional fed doing the same. Is there a guideline somewhere?

It really depends on how many fights you put on the card, the costs of your fighters, whether you are planning to grow from it, how much you are willing to spend etc...

Basically, put on shows as often as you want, as long as you are comfortable with the amount of profit/loss you are making from it and depending on how many fighters you want to help build at any one time. I quite happily held 1 show a month when I was at that level, using cheap fighters and not expecting much growth. You might want to do something different, so it's hard to give you a solid guideline. :)

<p>Interesting...</p><p> </p><p>

I ran about 5 months on a starter game, and I was losing about $8,000 per show (since I had no PPV). I had no problem losing money, since I was gaining quite a bit of popularity. I did stop once I had to use the same fighter in back to back months on a show. I had two very popular fighters in each division, but not much else.</p><p> </p><p>

I guess I'll run another test where I use different ME's in my first show or two, so that I can run the ME from that show later on.</p><p> </p><p>

i.e. I had my Lightweight Title as co-ME, and the Heavyweight title as ME between the two most popular fighters. I guess that might have been too much too soon. I'll try to build that up for later shows. I tried every 5 matches, 5 weeks between events. Now I'm trying 2 months on/2 months off with more fights in each (7-8). And obviously, whoever fights in month one doesn't fight in month two. So it gives each set of fighters 3 months off (ideally). So I guess a bit of trial and error here. Certainly addictive.</p>

Archived