UFC 101 and Beyond

This is my first time starting a dynasty, so any help you can give me is welcome. I'm using TOS as the database.

I'm going to try to stay as close to real life as possible for the first few shows, but then I will go by what I think would do good business.

I removed the original Affliction, so now all of their fighters are free agents.

So, here we go.

UFC headed to Philly

The UFC will be returning to the northeast for the first time since November of 2007 for UFC 101: Declaration.

The main event will be the best lightweight in the world, BJ Penn defending his title against the undisputed number one contender, Kenny Florian.

Penn is coming off a tough loss at the hands of Georges St. Pierre in February in a fight for the UFC Welterweight Title. After the fight, Penn complained of illegal greasing, but the NSAC refused to overturn the decision. This will be Penn's return to the lightweight division, his last being a demolition of Sean Sherk at UFC 84 last year in May.

"That last fight was tough for me. I felt that I could have won, but I guess it wasn't in the cards. Now, I'm returning to MY division, where I plan to cement my legacy" Penn said at the official press conference.

Kenny Florian, a native of Boston, has been on a tear for the last two years. He has won his last 6 fights, with only one going to a decision. He won his last fight at UFC 91 in November, submitting Joe Stevenson in the first round.

After the fight, he staked his claim at the lightweight title.

"BJ is the master. I think it's time to kill the master!"

"Those are pretty strong words" Penn said, "But at least he knows I'm the best."

"The two best lightweights in the world are going into the Octagon and see who is the best" UFC president Dana White spoke. "It will be a damn good fight."

The co-main event of the evening will see UFC Middleweight Champion and the number 1 pound for pound fighter, Anderson Silva, moving up in weight for the second time to face a returning Forrest Griffin.

Known for his precision striking and brutal muay thai, Anderson Silva has disappointed in his last two fights.

"The Leites fight was *^%**% atrocious" Dana White said. "That wasn't the Anderson Silva the fans come to see. I think it was because Thales didn't engage. Now, he is going to have to."

That is why the UFC decided that Silva would be Forrest's first fight back after recovering from a broken hand.

"You will definitely see a war" Griffin promised. "I"ll probably die, or at least end up in the hospital, but I'm going to give the fans a show."

Griffin lost the UFC Light Heavyweight Title to Rashad Evans in December via TKO in the third round.

"I wasn't that mentally focused in that fight. I'm not trying to make an excuse, it wasn't my night."

Silva is looking for his tenth straight win in the Octagon.

"I really don't think that Forrest is on my level" Anderson said. "He's good, but not great."

"Anderson has gotten ****y lately. I wanna be the one to end his streak" Griffin responded.

A win for Griffin would catapult him to the top of the Light Heavyweight division and put him very close to a tile shot against Silva's training partner and current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Lyoto Machida.

If Silva wins, he will undoubtedly be considered the best fighter in the world.

Also at UFC 101: Declaration, Ricardo Almeida will travel to his backyard to fight The Ultimate Fight 3 winner, Kendall Grove.

Fighting out of Hamilton, NJ, where he runs a top notch Brazilian Jui Jutsu school, Ricardo will have many students looking on.

"I told Dana that I want to fight in Philly. Put me up against anyone"

Kendall Grove answered the call. The 6'6 middleweight is coming off a victory over Jason Day at UFC 96, where a loss could have cost him his job.

"He's one of the best ju jutsu guys in the UFC, but I'm going to come out and bang" Grove said.

Also on the main card, The Ultimate Fight 7 winner Amir Sadollah will take on Johny Hendricks, an acquisition from the WEC's now defunct welterweight division.

Rounding out the card will be a battle between lightweights Kurt Pellegrino and Josh Neer.

Don't miss this exciting card, Saturday, week 3 of August!

Archived