Limited conference chances to be National Champ via Bowls

Well,

It seems unfair as in real life.

I find that 6 conferences have a chance for its team to be National Champ via the Bowls and that is

SEC

Big Ten

Big Twelve

Big East

PAC 10

ACC

whereas the conferences cannot have its team to be National Champ via Bowls and that is

Mid West

MAC

Sun Belt

C-USA

Independents

WAC

I know you can tick in GDCSbids in Conference of the Pstats and Stats that enable you get ALL the conferences a chance to have its team to be NATIONAL CHAMP via Bowls

but

surely that would crash the game. How do you avoid crashing the game?

The thing is, what is the point of you managing a college team with your overall stats that contain the words National Champion. You can win the conference a number of times but never get to be the National Champion if you are in the wrong conference that doesn't allow you to be National Champion.

Again, if I were to TICK ALL the buttons on the GDCSbids on the Conference table of the Pstats and stats, WILL it CRASH the GAME?

I've actually won the national championship with both San Diego State and Ball State while in their respected conferences....

Just saying...

Is that using default settings on the GDCS column and without conference movement?

or is the GDCS column all ticked?

I find that 6 conferences have a chance for its team to be National Champ via the Bowls and that is ticked in the GDCSbids column

SEC

Big Ten

Big Twelve

Big East

PAC 10

ACC

whereas the conferences cannot have its team to be National Champ via Bowls and that is NOT ticked in the GDCSbids column

Mid West

MAC

Sun Belt

C-USA

Independents

WAC

So, these above are default settings.

I got frustrated when I had Central Florida of C-USA where I won the C-USA conference 5 years in a row and hit the top spot in the coaches and GDCS polls and NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP in order to be a NATIONAL CHAMPION and that is with the default settings as above, so I got fed up and deleted the saved game and started fresh with default settings as above. That is on Bowls settings, not playoff settings

This time I used Houston of C-USA where I won the conference championship 4 years in a row and again HIT THE TOP SPOT IN THE POLLS AND NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP to be NATIONAL CHAMPION. That is on Bowls settings, not playoff settings

so. I started the game with a different team, again with default settings as above, so this time with UCLA where I won the PAC 10 three years in a row and hit the top spots in the polls of coaches and GDCS so I did get to the championship and won the national title.

So, it sums up my opinion, the 6 conferences that are ticked in the GDCS column are eligible to be a NATIONAL CHAMPION whereas the other 6 conferences that are NOT TICKED IN THE GDCS COLUMN are NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE A NATIONAL CHAMPION. That is on Bowls settings, not playoff settings

So, now I have ticked all the GDCS column in order to make the conferences eligible to be a NATIONAL CHAMPION via the Bowls settings not the playoffs settings, so more info should be on way once I get the game under way.

For the record, conferences with the GDCS box checked get an auto bid to "A" GDCS bowl.

BUT in a non playoff league, #1 will play #2 in the National Championship game doesnt matter what conference they come from, just like real life.

Also there are some 5 GDCS bowl games. That requires 10 teams to fill them. Ther're arent 10 GDCS conferences SO some games can be filled by non GDCS conference teams if they are ranked high enough.

I find that 6 conferences have a chance for its team to be National Champ via the Bowls and that is ticked in the GDCSbids column

SEC

Big Ten

Big Twelve

Big East

PAC 10

ACC

whereas the conferences cannot have its team to be National Champ via Bowls and that is NOT ticked in the GDCSbids column

Mid West

MAC

Sun Belt

C-USA

Independents

WAC

So, these above are default settings.

I got frustrated when I had Central Florida of C-USA where I won the C-USA conference 5 years in a row and hit the top spot in the coaches and GDCS polls and NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP in order to be a NATIONAL CHAMPION and that is with the default settings as above, so I got fed up and deleted the saved game and started fresh with default settings as above. That is on Bowls settings, not playoff settings

This time I used Houston of C-USA where I won the conference championship 4 years in a row and again HIT THE TOP SPOT IN THE POLLS AND NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP to be NATIONAL CHAMPION. That is on Bowls settings, not playoff settings

so. I started the game with a different team, again with default settings as above, so this time with UCLA where I won the PAC 10 three years in a row and hit the top spots in the polls of coaches and GDCS so I did get to the championship and won the national title.

So, it sums up my opinion, the 6 conferences that are ticked in the GDCS column are eligible to be a NATIONAL CHAMPION whereas the other 6 conferences that are NOT TICKED IN THE GDCS COLUMN are NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE A NATIONAL CHAMPION. That is on Bowls settings, not playoff settings

So, now I have ticked all the GDCS column in order to make the conferences eligible to be a NATIONAL CHAMPION via the Bowls settings not the playoffs settings, so more info should be on way once I get the game under way.

Which poll were you #1 in? I think the comouter poll is the only one matters in selecting GDCS games

Archived