Masked Patriot... Your thoughts

Now I just signed Masked Patriot (not Brandon Smith), the one who shows up in January of 2010.

I have The Masked Patriot on my roster but I want to make Masked Patriot become The Masked Patriot as if he was the same guy all along and change The Masked Patriot to Brandon Smith. I know its pretty easy to do in game but how would you go about doing this on screen?

Now Brandon is going to have to have a heel turn as well...

Or

Do you think I should have Brandon lose a match and then rip off the mask denouncing the fans and "The American Way". When somebody (possibly Erik Strong, my champion) tries to talk soem sense into Brandon he can attack them causing the same by Masked Patriot?

How would you guys go about doing this and if you have done it before how have you done it? Thanks!

This is how i go about it.

The Masked Patriot (current one) is wrestling in a match, they cut backstage to see, OMG The Masked Patriot on the ground seriously hurt. Announcers bring up the fact that we may have an imposter in the ring.

They interview The Masked Patriot after the match and they start questioning his identity. Patriot is kinda shock and later learn of the situation.

Next week, The Masked Patriot is shown walking for his match but gets blindsided by, you guess it, The Masked Patriot. There is two Masked Patriots on screen now and who is the bloody imposter. Wait, the attacker looks to be alittle bigger. The attacker hits the Masked Patriot's finisher on him.

Have this occur for the next four months leading to July 4th match between the two. It is a "loser loses his mask" match. Have the heel, Brandon, win the match and make him a full blown heel. Change his country colors on the next show and say that he took out the Masked Patriot. Now he is the Masked Liberation. Masked Liberator. Masked Destroyer. Masked Invader. Whatever name that sounds heelish. Oh yeah, have this guy carry the Mask of the Masked Patriot around and have him destroy other mask wrestlers and take their masks. The real masked Patriot becomes the Patriot with his face exposed. Next year, have the Patriot regain his mask from the Masked Brandon Smith.

I don't know how to finish it, but this is just my idea.

I'd bring Masked Patriot in as a tag partner, and have Smith become increasingly jealous as Patriot out-performs and out-shines the original. Have Smith turn on him, leading to a mask vs mask match. The only problem I see with this is that with Smith losing the match, it would negatively affect his momentum, which doesn't seem like something you want to do to him.

It is a highly regarded honor to have a mask passed down to you, so how about this?

Have Masked Patriot come in and basically idolize The Masked Patriot (Brandon). So Brandon takes the kid under his wing and shows him the ropes of the business. They can team together for a while, possibly win the tag titles and finally end up with Brandon saying that the kid is ready. So they face off in a mask vs. mask match that the kid wins. So Brandon takes his mask off and gives it to the kid, but then blasts him, turning heel. He can be upset because the kid came in and took what was his, the name of The Masked Patriot.

One possibility that came to me during my early months with MAW was to have BBS/TMP gradually becoming an ultra-conservative, right wing, Commie-hatin' 50s throwback, really stamping on anyone and anything that he percieves as un-American.

Although I had no idea that Masked Patriot was going to debut in-game, I had a view of Smith as this zealot banging on about 'his' America, and how the collapse of morals could be attributed to rock music - which would lead to a feud with Jefferson Stardust. That was partly inspired by them having great chemistry, but it would have become part of the heel turn of Smith, which in turn would have led to his evolution to...

Whatever. The concept of building a feud around Jefferson Starduust was a bit much even for me, and it never quite got off the ground. When MP debuted, I made the switch as a result of BBS coming off worst in a feud with Primus Allen.

One thing to bear in mind, though, is that in MAW masks mean jack. A mask vs. mask match will have so much less meaning compared to the same match anywhere south of the border. If you want to go down the unmask/heel turn route, having BBS unmask by choice, rather than by defeat, would make the switch much more powerful, I would say.

Okay this is what I came up with:

At the Rip Chord invitational BBS defeated John Greed and Marshall Dillon to advance to the finals. In the finals he had to fight the third man of the stable, Lass Matsuki. Greed and Dillon attacked Brandon during the match allowing Matsuki to pick up the victory. Of corse the fans crapped all over the ending but I have a good main event, the debut of Alex DeCold as a heel earlier in the night when he attacked Champion Erik Strong meant that DeColt was winning the title which he did.

But now back to the story I am going to have TMP come out and demand that the "Worlds Best" come out and fight him. The three men make there way down to the ring but before they can get in Rip Chord comes out and says that there is no way that he will sancation that match and TMP must have a partner. Brandon will say that he will take anyone and pluck the kid with the mask similiar to his right out of the front row.

The Masked Patriots will go on to beat all 3 tag teams that the 3 men can put together, leading up to a fued with another tag team a little higher up the card The Strong Men (Steel and Ekuma The Hawaiian Strong Man). It will be the usual tag team fued, a win for the faces in a tag match, the heels winning the single matches, then the faces win the tag matches to finish the fued.

Next up will be Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine better known as C-V-2. At the same time I will have The Puerto Rican All Stars (Island Boy Apolo and Jonnie Perez) taking on The Canadian Blondes. The fueds will kind of get intermingled leading to 4 on 4 matches, the faces win the first ones and celebrate with the crowd during the second one The PRAS will walk out on the Patriots causing them to lose in a bloody and brutal cage match.

The PRAS will then attack the fallen heroes when the match is through and explain that the fans love the Patriots so the Pats shouldn't blame them, they should blame the fans. They call them nothing but glory hoggers and state that they were as much responsible for the victory over CV4 and Canadian Blondes as the Patriots but yet they don't get the same respect. Basically I want the gimmick to be similiar to Muhammed Hassan's. They will be talking about how they are as American and have the same rights as everyone else yet being Puerto Rican they are looked at as different...

During the fued PRAS will defeat The Pats in the first encounter during the second encounter TMP's will pick up the victory, Masked Patriot celebrating with the crowd allowed Brandon to be attacked and put through a table by Island Boy Apollo. The fued blow off will be a tables match that will see Brandon Smith turn on MP Suplexing him through a double table off the ropes.

After the match he will explain that the Puerto Rican All Stars were right and that MP is nothing but a glory hog, he sat there and celebrated in the crowd as Bradon was getting destoryed. Brandon is going renounce the mask telling the fans that, that is all that they cared about, they don't care about him, they care about the mask. As he throws the mask to the ground MP comes running down and picks the mask up, looking at, motioning to Brandon to put it on. Instead Brandon attacks him setting up the fued.

It's going to be a lot longer for the turn of Brandon then I really wanted originally but I think that this is going to work out pretty well.

Archived