WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Mainbanner.jpg

(O.O.C This will take place the night after No Way Out 2006. There will be a short back story just to get everybody up to speed on what is happening, as there will be alot of differences between my game and the real life events of 2006. And although my history with diaries isn't too great (2 diaries that failed to make it past a month of shows) I have alot of ideas floating around my head that I think could be quite interesting. I hope you enjoy)

This area will now list all Pay Per Views for easy access

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/storysofar-main-1.jpg

2006 started with a bang, as “New Years Revolution” saw the end of the “Brand Specific” PPV’s, meaning both RAW and Smackdown! would be appearing on all future PPV’s. And what a way to kick off the year. In the Smackdown! Main Event, Kurt Angle captured the WWE World Heavyweight Championship by defeating Rey Mysterio and the champion Batista, who was also injured in the bout, putting him out of action for the foreseeable future. But it was the RAW Main Event that really had the fans talking at the end of the night. John Cena was able to once again overcome the odds and defeat Chris Masters, Rob Van Dam, Kane, Carlito and Triple H in The Elimination Chamber. However, the shocker came when Vince McMahon appeared on the entrance way, declaring that Cena’s night was not finished. He then announced that Edge would be cashing in his Money In The Bank title shot. It took two brutal spears to finally put Cena down. Edge was the NEW WWE

Champion.

Next up was the Royal Rumble, and the Road to Wrestlemania 22.John Cena decided to invoke his rematch clause at the Rumble. Leading Up to their bout, Edge would try everything possible to injure Cena. However, nothing he tried was enough, and at the Royal Rumble, Cena managed to take the title from Edge in a spectacular contest between the two men. On the Smackdown side of things, Kurt Angle would defend his title against US Champion Chris Benoit, after Benoit earned himself a shot at the belt after defeating Rey Mysterio in a number one contenders match. Kurt and Benoit, who both shown a tremendous amount of respect to each other, put on an absolute classic (what else did you expect), with Angle coming out on top to retain his title. The two men shook hands following the match, showing the kind of sportsmanship many thought had been lost in this business. And as for the Royal Rumble Match itself, that was won by the most unlikely of competitors, as Rey Mysterio outlasted every other Superstar to earn his spot in the Main Event at Wrestlemania 22. And Rey didn’t waste any time in letting the people know which title he would be competing for, as he announced that he would be staying with Smackdown, and whoever holds the belt come Wrestlemania are going to be disappointed, as he intends on walking out as World Heavyweight champion. Other notes of interest coming out of the rumble were Randy Orton being the last man eliminated (although Orton argues that his feet never touched the floor), Bobby Lashley and Booker T both eliminating each other (leading to the two of them brawling to the back), HBK eliminating JBL and Shelton Benjamin, and Rob Van Dam disposing of Triple H.

The last stop on the Road to Wrestlemania was No Way Out. Kurt Angle made it clear to Rey Mysterio that it would be an honour to face him at Wrestlemania. However, Chris Benoit would have something to say about that, as he announces that Teddy Long has made a rematch between Benoit and Angle for No Way Out. Meanwhile, Randy Orton is still enraged that he isn’t in the Main Event at Wrestlemania, still insisting that his feet never

touched the floor. He then threatens Teddy Long to put things right. With his personal safety in jeopardy, Long has no choice but to make a match between Orton and Mysterio at No Way Out. And if Orton wins, he will indeed get a title shot at Wrestlemania. Also on the Smackdown side of things, Booker T laid down the challenge to Bobby Lashley to face him one on one at No Way out, to which Lashley agreed. However, Booker could have never anticipated what happened next, as it seemed his wife Sharmell seemed to take quite a shine to Lashley in the weeks leading up to their match. And JBL also made his voice heard, telling the world that it should be him heading to Wrestlemania. He claimed to be the biggest star, living or dead, in WWE history. He spent most weeks badmouthing some of the WWE’s biggest Icons, men like Flair, Piper and Rhodes. This finally got the attention of Matt

Hardy, who was sick and tired of JBL burying his heroes. And he promised to shut him up at No Way Out. On the RAW side of the card, Ric Flair was granted a title shot against Cena at No Way Out. Flair believed that he still had what it took to “be the man” one more time. Cena was in awe at the fact that he would be defending his title against an icon such as Flair. But “The Nature Boy” made it clear that he would be no push over, and he better bring everything he’s got to No Way Out if he wants to make it to Wrestlemania as “The Champ”. Also, Triple H and Rob Van Dam were scheduled to have a Number One Contenders match at No Way out. However, Edge was added to the mix by General Manager Eric Bischoff. Eric was impressed with Edge after what happened the night following the Rumble, in which Edge brutally assaulted a returning Mick Foley. Edge felt that the time Mick spent plugging his Childrens Book should have been spent giving him HIS title match with Cena. Also, Vince McMahon’s campaign to get the “Old” HBK back continued, as he put him in a 5-on-1 Handicap Match against the Spirit Squad. But they were the least of HBK’s problems, as it seemed Vince and Shelton Benjamin had been getting pretty close recently...

And the results? HBK almost picked up the shock victory against the Spirit Squad. However, he had every right to be suspicious of McMahon and Benjamin, as Shelton made his presence felt, costing Michaels the victory. HHH became the Number One Contender for Wrestlemania when he defeated Rob Van Dam and Edge. Although it could be said that he certainly didn’t do it alone, as Mick Foley lent a hand, attacking Edge midway through the match.JBL got the win in his match with Matt Hardy after nailing him with a Clothesline from Hell. However, JBL’s celebrations were cut short when

the infamous gong of The Undertaker sounded. The Dead man appeared and delivered a devastating Tombstone to the big Texan, sending a clear message: this is one legend you don’t want to mess with. Bobby Lashley picked up the victory over Booker T after Booker inadvertently ran into his wife, knocking her off the apron and giving Lashley the opportunity to get the win. Lashley carried Sharmell out of the arena following the bout. Randy Orton got the cheap win over Rey Mysterio, putting his feet on the ropes for leverage. Orton now gets a title shot at Wrestlemania. But where does that leave Rey? John Cena managed to walk away from NO Way Out with his title, but not without a fight, as Flair proved that at 57 years of age, he could still hang with the best of them. And finally, Kurt Angle managed to pick up the win after a hard fought battle with Chris Benoit. Benoit gave Kurt more of a fight than he bargained for, and as Benoit extended his hand in a sportsman-like gesture, Angle simply walked away from him, confusing many in the audience.

And so it brings us to this. The fallout from No Way Out. The final Road to Wrestlemania. And a year that could make or

break the company. Nobody said it would be easy. But at this point in time, anything is worth a try.

RAW Champions & Roster

Champions & Rosters

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe_raw2.jpg

Champions

WWE Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnCena.jpg

John Cena

WWE Intercontinental Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/SheltonBenjamin3.jpg

Shelton Benjamin

WWE World Tag Team Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BigShow2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Kane2.jpg

Big Show & Kane

WWE Womens Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TrishStratus.jpg

Trish Stratus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roster

Main Eventers

Edge (Heel)

John Cena (Face)

Kane (Face)

Rob Van Dam (Face)

Shawn Michaels (Face)

The Big Show (Face)

Triple H (Heel)

Upper Midcard

Carlito (Heel)

Chavo Guerrero (Face)

Chris Masters (Heel)

Shelton Benjamin (Heel)

Midcard

Eugene (Face)

Gene Snitsky (Heel)

Goldust (Face)

Johnny (Heel)

Kenny (Heel)

Lance Cade (Heel)

Matt Striker (Heel)

Mickey (Heel)

Mitch (Heel)

Tyson Tomko (Heel)

Val Venis (Face)

Viscera (Face)

Lower Midcard

Scotty 2 Hotty (Face)

Trevor Murdoch (Heel)

Opener

Johnny Parisi (Heel)

Rob Conway (Heel)

Women's Division

Ashley Massaro (Face)

Candice Michelle (Heel)

Lita (Heel)

Maria (Face)

Mickie James (Face)

Stacy Kiebler (Face)

Torrie Wison (Face)

Victoria (Heel)

Occasional Wrestler

Jim Duggan

Mick Foley

Announcers

Jerry Lawler

Jim Ross

Jonathan Coachman

Lillian Garcia

Road Agents

Arn Anderson

Mike Rotunda

Roddy Piper

Authority Figure

Eric Bischoff

Tag Teams

Carlito & Chris Master

The Spirit Squad (Kenny & Johnny)

The Big Show & Kane

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

Smackdown! Champions & Roster

Champions & Rosters

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwe_smackdown.jpg

Champions

World Heavyweight Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/KurtAngle.jpg

Kurt Angle

WWE United States Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ChrisBenoitCW6.jpg

Chris Benoit

WWE Tag Team Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JoeyMatthews2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnMorrison2.jpg

MNM

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/GregoryHelms.jpg

GregoryHelms

Roster

Main Eventers

Booker T (Heel)

John Bradshaw Layfield (Heel)

Kurt Angle (Face)

Randy Orton (Heel)

The Undertaker (Face)

Upper Midcard

Bobby Lashley (Face)

Chris Benoit (Face)

Finlay (Heel)

Gregory Helms (Heel)

Johnny Nitro (Heel)

Mark Henry (Heel)

Matt Hardy (Face)

Rey Mysterio (Face)

William Regal (Heel)

Midcard

Brian Kendrick (Face)

Jamie Noble (Heel)

Joey Mercury (Heel)

Paul Burchill (Heel)

Paul London (Face)

Simon Dean (Heel)

Stevie Richards (Heel)

The Boogeyman (Face)

Lower Midcard

Chuck Palumbo (Face)

Danny Basham (Heel)

Doug Basham (Heel)

Kid Kash (Heel)

Orlando Jordan (Heel)

Super Crazy (Face)

Tatanka (Face)

Opener

Daivari (Heel)

Nunzio (Heel)

Psicosis (Face)

Sylvan (Heel)

Enhancement Talent

Big Vito (Heel)

Mike Gymini (Heel)

Todd Gymini (Heel)

Women's Division

Jillian Hall (Heel)

Melina (Heel)

Occasional Wrestler

Road Warrior Animal

Managers

Krystal Marshall (Face)

Sharmell (Heel)

Announcers

Josh Matthews

Michael Cole

Tazz

Todd Grisham

Road Agents

Dean Malenko

Gerald Brisco

Ricky Steamboat

Authority Figure

Teddy Long

Tag Teams

London & Kendrick

Mexicools (Psicosis & Super Crazy)

MNM(Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro w/Melina)

The Bashams (Doug & Danny Basham)

The Gymini (Mike & Todd Gymini)

The Pitbulls (Jamie Noble & Kid Kash)

(O.O.C Many thanks to goodieuk for the Raw and Smackdown! Logo Cuts)

Preview

Monday Night RAW rolls into the American Airlines arena this week, coming hot off the heels of an explosive No Way Out.

The new Number One Contender Triple H will be in action, taking on the man John Cena defeated (with great difficulty) at last night's PPV, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. John Cena is also scheduled to be in the arena, and it wouldn't be at all surprising to see him get a closer look at his Wrestlemania opponent during this one. Also, The Annual Money in the Bank Tournament kicks off with "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters taking on Rob Van Dam. In tag team action, Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade will battle Val Venis and "The Worlds Largest Love Machine" Viscera with the winners taking on the World Tag Team Champions, Big Show & Kane, at Wrestlemania 22. And in another Number One Contenders Match, Mickie James will go head to head with Victoria, with the victor heading to Wrestlemania to face Trish Stratus for the Womens Championship.

Plus, both Shelton Benjamin and Shawn Michaels will be in the building. After Benjamin cost HBK his match against The Spirit Squad at No Way Out, it will be interesting to see what happens with these two men. HBK will certainly be looking for answers. And Edge will also be in attendence, and is sure to have some choice words for Mick Foley, who cost him his shot at the gold last night.

All this and MUCH more on RAW, Live on USA

QUICK PICKS

Ric Flair vs. Triple H

Chris Masters vs. Rob Van Dam

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Val Venis & Viscera

Mickie James vs. Victoria

Big Show & Kane vs. The Spirit Squad (Nicky, Kenny & Johnny)

Carlito vs. Eugene

Goldust vs. Tyson Tomko

Ric Flair vs. Triple H

I see a draw here.

RVD, Cade, and Murdoch are all more valuable than their opponents. I like Viscera as a heel of Big Daddy V.

Mickie is fine!

Squash.

Carlito vs. Eugene

I was never a big Eugene fan.

Goldust vs. Tyson Tomko

I love the Goldust character. I have always been a fan of Dustin.

Ric Flair vs. Triple H

Carlito vs. Eugene

Goldust vs. Tyson Tomko

Ric Flair vs. Triple H

Trip + Steph = Guess. Unfair. I know :)

The Mastahpiece!

As much as I love Val Venis. I don't see him winning.

Talent over looks.

I am making a risky bet. Being a 2 Vs 3. The Squad was easily a great stable. Well a good one.

Carlito vs. Eugene

No reason to say. Carlito will win.

Goldust vs. Tyson Tomko

Easy.

Attendance: 10,000 (Sell Out)

Announce Team:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JimRoss.jpg & http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JerryLawler.jpg

Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Raw Theme Music booms throughout the arena, the pyro hits and we are LIVE from The American Airlines arena. Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler are calling the action. The two hype tonight’s showcase, which will include the main event of the evening, in which Ric Flair will take on the Number One Contender to John Cena’s WWE Championship, Triple H.

The arena’s cheers soon turn to jeers as the WWE Intercontinental Champion, Shelton Benjamin, makes his way to the ring. Lillian Garcia hands him a microphone and he steps through the ropes, ready to address the crowd. The fans chants of “You Suck” slowly die down and Shelton begins to speak.

Benjamin: You know, it’s been a long 24 hours for me. I haven’t been able to sleep. I haven’t been able to eat. I haven’t been able to take a cr@p without some idiot coming up to me and asking “Why, Shelton, why”? Why? You people wanna know WHY? You see, you people may have short term memories, but I don’t. Roll the footage.

The big screen brings up a video from The Royal Rumble in January, in which Shawn Michaels eliminates Shelton from the match. Benjamin attempts to get back in the ring to get his hands on Michaels, but officials hold him back. The cameras return to the arena where the fans are cheering, obviously enjoying watching the footage of Benjamin’s failure in the Rumble. A loud “HBK” chant starts up in the arena, clearly annoying the Intercontinental Champion.

Benjamin: Yeah, real nice. Go ahead. Cheer for him. Scream your hearts out for your precious “Heartbreak Kid”. Because last night, he got what was coming to him. You see, The Royal Rumble was MY night. MY moment. It was my chance to finally prove to the world that I am the single greatest athlete in this business. That I should be headlining Wrestlemania. That I should be taking the gold from that Vanilla Ice wannabe John Cena. But he took that away from me. He took away MY moment. He took away MY spotlight. He took away MY chance at becoming WWE Champion. I mean, what the hell was he even doing in that match? Shawn, you’re past it. You don’t have it anymore. You should have hung those boots up a long time ago. But just like Hogan, just like Flair, you just don’t know when to give it up. Look around you, Shawn. Look at the superstars that we have in that locker room. Young, hungry athletes that would give ANYTHING to be in the position that you’re in now. But you just won’t let it go, will you? That’s why I’ve been speaking to Mr McMahon these past few months. You see, you should have listened to him when he tried to bring you to your senses all those months ago. He wanted the old HBK back. But no. You decided you would rather suck up to these morons in the crowd. Well, the truth is, I don’t want the old HBK back. Vince doesn’t want the old HBK back. But we have one thing that we can agree on. We both want you gone. If you can’t see that you’re not wanted around here anymore, we will MAKE you see. Your days are numbered, Shawn. It’s only a matter of time before....

The sounds of “Sexy Boy” fill the arena and the crowd explode as Shawn Michaels comes out onto the entrance way. He stands and stares towards the ring, where Shelton is practically begging Shawn to step in the ring with him. After an intense stare down, Michaels sprints down the ramp and slides into the ring, where Benjamin is waiting with a boot to the head and back. Michaels manages to take Benjamin down and lay into him with rights and lefts, which the fans eat up, cheering every shot as it connects with Shelton’s skull. The cheers don’t last long, however, as Eric Bischoff appears at the entrance ramp with several officials, who he sends to the ring to split the two rivals apart. Shelton finally manages to escape Michaels and exits the ring, backing up the ramp. Michaels is screaming in the ring, begging for Benjamin to get back in there with him. Benjamin is smarter than that, and decides to live to fight another day.

Money in the Bank Qualifier:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ChrisMasters2.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RobVanDam.jpg

The crowd are firmly behind “Mr Monday Night”, with a loud “RVD” chant surging throughout the arena. Masters used his considerable strength advantage against RVD in the early going. However, Van Dam’s Speed, agility and experience advantage proved too much for “The Masterpiece”, and he consequently fell victim to the Five Star Frog Splash. RVD wins the first spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania 22.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Following the match, Jerry Lawler grabs a microphone and heads towards the ramp, where RVD is delivering high five’s to the lucky audience members in the front row.

Lawler: Rob, what a victory you picked up there against Chris Masters. You are now guaranteed a spot in the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania. How do you feel?

RVD: You know, last night I had the chance to go to Wrestlemania when I faced Edge and Triple H. And on the night, I just wasn’t good enough. But you know, it’s all good, Jerry. Because I knew I would bounce back. I knew I would get back on track. And now I know that at Wrestlemania, I’m not just gonna be Mr. Monday Night. I’m not just gonna be Mr. PPV. At Wrestlemania, you can call me Mr. Money in the Bank, The Whole Dam Show, Rob...Van...Dam.

The cameras head to the backstage area, where a car pulls up into the arena. The doors open, and out steps Edge and Lita. Lita is left to carry the bags as Edge storms into the arena, clearly upset over his loss at No Way Out. Jonathan Coachman attempts to get a quick word with the “Rated R Superstar”, but Edge simply blanks him, storming straight into the building. Coachman tries his luck with Lita, hoping she will be more forthcoming. The bag that was swung at his head suggested she would not be.

Number One Contenders Match for the World Tag Team Titles:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/LanceCade.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TrevorMurdoch.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ValVenis.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/viscera.jpg

This match started very one sided in favour of Venis and Viscera. Big Vis used his incredible size to keep Cade and Murdoch grounded. However, they were able to slowly but surely mount a comeback. The finish came when Viscera accidentally splashed his own partner in the corner, allowing Murdoch and Cade to hit the Sweet and Sour to earn themselves a title shot at Wrestlemania.

Winners: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch

Murdoch demanded a microphone from Lillian Garcia, who cautiously handed it to him.

Murdoch: Kane. Big Show. I hope you boys were watchin’. And I hope you boys are ready. Because we’ll be damned if we’re gonna let two overgrown misfits like you spoil our party. That gold is gonna look mighty fine around our waists. So boys, enjoy your time with those belts. Because at Wrestlemania, your property becomes ours. And I DARE you to try and stop us.

The crowd shower the two men with jeers and cat calls as they leave the ring.

A graphic appears on screen announcing that Chavo Guerrero will be returning to action next week on RAW.

The white hot crowd at the American Airlines arena make their feelings known as “Metalingus” by Alter Bridge hits, signalling the arrival of Edge. He is soon followed out by Lita, who can barely keep up with her man, as he paces down to the ring. He grabs a mike and wastes no time in addressing Mick Foley.

Edge: Foley! I know you’re here tonight. And I know you can hear this with that one decent ear of yours. So I want you to listen to me and I want you to pay close attention. I’m sick and tired of this cr@p, Foley. I should be stood here tonight on top of the world. I should be heading to Wrestlemania to beat the hell out of Cena one more time and take back MY belt. But you just had to stick your nose where it didn’t belong. Didn’t you learn from the beating I gave you after the Rumble, Mick? You wanted to plug your stinking children’s book in the middle of MY ring, when I should have been getting a title shot for MY belt? They give precious air time to you rather than me? Let me spell it out, Mick. In between these ropes, is MY playground. MY battlefield. And anybody who steps into it will get their ass handed to them on a god damn plate. Foley, you were a legend. You were an Icon. But now, you’re nothing more than a thorn in my side that I can’t get rid of. You are the one thing standing between me and the WWE Championship. So Foley, show some guts, step into MY ring and take your punishment like a man. Because trust me, you don’t want me to have to come back and find you myself.

Edge anxiously awaits the arrival of Mick Foley. The crowd are on the edge of their seats too. However, there is no response.

Edge: Mick, don’t make me come back and find you. I’m in no mood for your games. Now get your ass out here. NOW!

After several seconds of waiting, Foley’s grinning face appears on the screen, sending a roar throughout the arena.

Foley: Edge, as much as I would love to come down there and give you the beating that you truly deserve, I just don’t feel up to it. I mean, what is it you said to me a few months back? I’m just a “Broken down old man”? A broken down old man. I don’t know. Maybe I am. Maybe these knees aren’t quite what they used to be. So this “old man” might struggle to come down to you. But Edge, you’re young. You’re fit. You’re healthy. And as far as I can see, there’s nothing stopping you from coming to me.

The crowd explode, showing their approval of Foley’s suggestion.

Foley: So what do you say, Edge. Maybe YOU should show some guts and bring your ass to the parking lot so I can give you the beating your parents should have given you a long time ago.

That’s all Edge needed to hear, as he made his way to the back, leaving Lita in the centre of the ring. Edge was a man on a mission, pushing his way through Superstars and Staff members on his way to the parking lot. He finally found what he was looking for, but his face dropped at what he saw. Mick Foley had his trusty 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire in his hand and a sick smile on his face as he began chasing Edge, who ran back towards the arena. Mick moved as fast as his legs could carry him, like a predator stalking his prey. Edge made his way back to the ring through the crowd, jumping the barrier and grabbing a steel chair before entering the ring once again, ready to swing the second Foley entered. The crowd erupted as Foley finally made his way down the entrance ramp, his eyes firmly locked on Edge. Lita did the smart thing by getting out of the ring before Foley got in. Foley was met with a chair shot to the back upon his arrival into the ring, causing him to drop his 2x4. Edge followed that up by hitting another one. As he lifted the chair for a third time, Foley nailed a low blow. He then went to work on Edge, firing away at him with stiff right hands, sending Edge into the corner, and sending the fans in attendance into a frenzy. He then hit his patented Running knee into the skull of Edge. As he turned around, he was met by another chair shot by Lita, sending him down to one knee. Foley was able to block the second shot that was coming towards him, but he wasn’t able to block the sickening 2x4 shot by Edge, sending the barbed wire deep into his back. He followed it up with a second one. And a third. As he pulled the 2x4 away, the barbed wire pulled away a good portion of Foley’ red flannel shirt. Edge handed the weapon to Lita, waited for Foley to rise, and nailed him with a Spear. He took the chair from the floor, and in one swift motion, smashed the chair into Foley’s skull with the one man Con-Chair-To. The crowd fell silent as EMT’s and officials tended to Foley. The despicable Edge and his partner in crime both head up the ramp, the smiles spread across their faces as we head to commercial.

We are back from commercial, where JR and Jerry Lawler talk about what we have just witnessed between Mick Foley and Edge. They then show footage of what happened during the break, in which Foley was loaded into an ambulance and taken to the local Hospital.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Carlito2.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Eugene.jpg

Carlito vs. Eugene

There really was only one way this was going to go, as Carlito dominated the match from start to finish. Eugene attempted to mount a comeback, but Carlito had it covered. He finally put Eugene away with the Back Stabber for the 3 count.

Winner: Carlito

Following the match, Ross and Lawler hype next week’s Money in the Bank qualifying match, as Carlito is set to go head to head with “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair.

We head backstage, where Vince McMahon is seen walking down the corridor, heading towards his office. But he almost leaps out of his extremely expensive loafers as a loud horn is heard, followed by cheers. It could only mean one thing; The Spirit Squad.

Kenny: Mr. McMahon, we just want you to know that we were more than happy to help you out last night. I mean, me and the boys, like, destroyed Shawn Michaels. We’re just pleased that we could help.

Mikey: Yeah, anytime you need our help, you know where we are. In fact, we came up with a cheer, just for you. You ready boys?

Spirit Squad: OK! Vincent, Vincent, you totally rock. With balls like grapefruits attached to your...

Vince cuts the cheerleaders off before they could go any further.

Vince: SHUT UP, DAMN IT! You think you did me a favour last night at No Way Out? Is that what you think? That you helped me? If memory serves me, Shawn Michaels had you beat until Shelton Benjamin came out and saved you from embarrassing yourselves. 5 on 1, and you still almost lost the damn match. Well you know what? I’ve had it with you. You got one more chance. Tonight, Kenny, Nicky and Johnny are going to take part in a 3 on 2 Handicap Match. And the 3 of you will be facing.... The World Tag Team Champions, The Big Show and Kane.

He fans go crazy at this announcement as Vince walks off screen, leaving the Spirit Squad to think about it. However, McMahon reappears to land one final blow.

Vince: Oh, and by the way. If you lose....YOU’RE ALL FIRED!

Kenny has to almost lift Johnny’s jaw from the floor as the rest of the Spirit Squad go nuts at Vince’s announcement as we head to commercial.

3-on-2 Handicap Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BigShow2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Kane2.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnnyJeter.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/nicknemeth.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/kendoane.jpg

Big Show & Kane vs. The Spirit Squad

This was possibly the best display ever showcased by the Spirit Squad, as they fought hard to keep their jobs. But the sheer size and power of the World Tag Team Champions proved a difficult task. Mitch and Mikey tried to intervene on behalf of their partners, but their attempts were futile. Kane and Big Show ended the match with a 3-way chokeslam, sending the three men to the mat, and sending the Spirit Squad to the unemployment line. The crowd gave them the usual send off, with a thunderous chant of “Na, Na, Na, Na. Hey, Hey. Goodbye”.

Winners: Big Show and Kane

Backstage, the Spirit Squad are being escorted out of the building by security. Mitch is crying like a 3-month old baby the entire time. Johnny was the last to be escorted out. However, Eric Biscoff appeared at the door. He stopped the security guard from throwing Johnny out. He then handed him a card.

Bischoff: Give me a call.

With that, Bischoff walks away, leaving Johnny with a puzzled look on his face before leaving the arena.

Next up, The King and JR are joined by the WWE Women’s Champion Trish Stratus, who will be calling the next match, a Number One Contenders match for a shot at Trish’s title at Wrestlemania

Number One Contenders Match for the WWE Women’s Championship:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MickieJames2.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Victoria.jpg

This was a very closely contested match, with neither woman truly getting the advantage over the other. Victoria almost had it when she nailed the Widow’s Peak. But Mickie was too close to the ropes, and managed to break the count. Mickie finally mounted a comeback and put Victoria away with the Mickie-D-T to earn at shot at her hero Trish Stratus in Chicago at Wrestlemania.

Winner: Mickie James

Following the bout, Mickie goes completely nuts, hugging the referee before heading to the outside and hugging the time keeper, as well as Lillian Garcia. She then took one look at Trish and grabbed her, squeezing her tightly. Trish had an extremely nervous smile spread across her face the entire time as we head to commercial.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Goldust.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tomko.jpg

Goldust vs. Tyson Tomko

Goldust’s bizarre antics took Tomko off his game in the early going, causing him to slide to the outside to regain his composure. Once he re-entered the ring, he seemed a different man, dominating the veteran before taking the victory with a vicious Big Boot to the face, knocking the bizarre one out cold.

Winner: Tyson Tomko

The image of Triple H appears on screen. He’s in his gear, and he’s heading towards the ring for his showdown with “The Nature Boy”

The opening guitar chords of “Play The Game” by Motorhead flow through the arena. It can barely be heard however by the booing crowd in the American Airlines Arena, who are letting “The Game” know exactly how they feel about him. He does the usual water spray on the apron before being handed the mic by Lillian. He waits for the crowd to die down before he begins.

Triple H: Last night was my crowning moment. Last night, I proved to the world exactly why I am a former 10 TIME World champion. I proved that I am the best in the business. I proved that I am The Game. I PROVED THAT I AM THAT DAMN GOOD!

The crowd’s jeers echo throughout the arena as Hunter continues.

Triple: You see, when you put me in the ring with a one hit wonder like Edge and a man who couldn’t even win the world title when he was wrestling out of a bingo hall in South Philadelphia like Rob Van Dam, there really is only gonna be one outcome. And there WAS only one outcome. I walked away with my hand raised. I walked away victorious. And now, I get a shot at becoming an 11 time world champion when I face John Cena at Wrestlemania.

The mention of John Cena gets a mixed reaction from the crowd, although most of them are for the champ rather than against him.

Triple H: You see Cena, when I was starting out in this business, you were still some snot nosed, pimple faced kid still trying to get laid. I’ve done more in this business than you could ever envision. You’re not in my league. You see, these people fall all over you. They treat you like the second coming of Harley Race. And why? Because you can do some quirky little raps and pump up your sneakers? It takes more than waving your hand in front of your face and telling your opponent that “You can’t see me” to be a champion, Cena. You see, I didn’t just spout a bunch of catchphrases to get where I am today. I worked my ass off. I fought, I clawed my way to the top. I climbed that mountain, and god knows I fell off it a few times too. But I EARNED my spot in this company. And until you’ve beaten the best, you’re still a nobody in my eyes. And that belt that you hold, you don’t deserve it. That belt should be held by a man who...

Triple H is cut off by the WWE Champion John Cena, who gets possibly the loudest ovation of the night. There are a few scattered jeers in the crowd, but the majority are firmly behind the champ. Cena steps into the ring, microphone in hand, and goes nose to nose with “The Game” as the crowd are going absolutely insane. Cena brings the mic to his lips and begins to speak.

Cena: Triple H, I don’t know if you can hear that, but I would say that there are 10,00 fans in the American Airlines Arena who would disagree with you.

Cena pauses to take in the cheers before continuing.

Cena: You know, last night was one of the greatest nights of my life. I got to step foot into the ring with the greatest professional wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. And I’ll tell you something, for a 57 year old man, he gave me one of the toughest fights of my life. But do you know what else? He told me all about you. You see, you’re right. I may not have the experience that you have. And frankly, I’m still new to the business, so I might not have the skill that you possess. But make no mistake Hunter, I have more heart and more passion for this business than you will EVER have. See, Flair told me all about you. He’s seen you at work. He stood side by side with you, Hunter. He knows your strengths. But he also knows your weakness. And this belt right here is your weakness. Because you are so obsessed with winning this belt, with being the best that you go charging in without a thought or a care in the world. And at Wrestlemania, that will be your downfall. I’m not the second coming of Harley Race. I’m not “The Nature Boy”. But I’ll tell you what I am. I’m the WWE Champion. And I didn’t win this belt by letting people like you push me around. So I say, why wait until Wrestlemania? If you want some, COME...GET...SOME!

The crowd are electric as Cena gets nose to nose with Triple H. The tension could be cut with a knife. The crowd almost blew the roof off as Triple H landed the first shot, and before you knew it, the two were throwing rights and lefts, beating the hell out of each other. The crowd were eating it up. But for the second time of the evening, Eric Bishoff came to the entrance ramp with several officials. However, this time they simply weren’t enough, as the two warriors continued. It took an extra team of security to finally pry the two apart. Hunter sat in the corner of the ring as Cena is being dragged away when the familiar “WOOOOOOOO!” sounded through the speakers, sending the crowd into another frenzy as Ric Flair made his way to the ring to do battle with “The Game”

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RicFlair.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TripleH2.jpg

Ric Flair vs. Triple H

This match was a Wrestlemania quality match, as the two went full throttle, trying everything in the book to pick up the win. Flair proved why he is known as “The Dirtiest Player in the Game” when he gave Hunter a thumb to the eye followed by a low blow before locking in the Figure Four Leg Lock. Triple H was close enough to the ropes to break the hold however, and landed a low blow of his own, showing just what he had learned from “The Nature Boy”. The finish came as Flair went to the top, ready to land a Double Axe Handle. However, upon landing, Hunter nailed a swift kick to the groin, following that up with a Pedigree and scoring the pinfall on Flair.

Winner: Triple H

Triple H backs up the ramp, hand raised in the air, as Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler thanks the audience for tuning in.

Quick Results:

Dark Match:

Matt Striker over Jim Duggan Rating: C

Main Show:

Rob Van Dam over Chris Masters Rating: B-

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch over Val Venis & Viscera Rating: C

Carlito over Eugene Rating: C+

Big Show & Kane over Johnny, Nicky & Kenny Rating: B-

Mickie James over Victoria Rating: C+

Tyson Tomko over Goldust Rating: C-

Triple H over Ric Flair Rating: A

Show Rating: B-

Predictions Results:

Destiny - 5 out of 7

Tweek It - 5 out of 7

Jingo - 7 out of 7

Huntman - 5 out of 7

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexpert.jpg

WWE RAW Rating, Talent cuts to be made soon, OVW News, more

- Monday Night RAW drew a 3.54 on The USA Network and a 0.04 on Sky Sports

- There is word spreading among the offices of WWE that there is to be a huge cut in WWE within the coming days. Whether this will be superstars on the main roster or some of the Developmental wrestlers in DSW and OVW has yet to be determined. We will keep you updated.

- Speaking of OVW, a new OVW Heavyweight Champion was crowned last night, as Montel Vontavious Porter won the belt in a 20 minute match with "Da Beast" Shad Gaspard. This is a surprise to some as it is thought that MVP was to be called to the main roster in the very near future.

-TNA have apparently been in talks with former WWE Tag Team Champion Charlie Haas. The deal is said to be complete, and he should be appearing at the next set of iMPACT! tapings.

Preview

This weeks addition of Friday Night Smackdown! comes to you from the Pensacola Civic Center in Bridgeport, CT.And the action will be relentless, as the first Smackdown slot in the Money in the Bank Ladder match at Wrestlemania will be decided when Bobby Lashley goes one on one with William Regal. Who will be the first to join Rob Van Dam in Chicago at Wrestlemania? And will Booker T try to scupper Lashley's plans? Also, WWE Tag Team Champions MNM (that's Mercury, Nitro and Melina for those that have been living under a rock) are also in competition in a non-title match with Psicosis and Super Crazy, The Mexicools. And the Cruiserweight Champion will also be in action against former champion Paul London in what is sure to be a very competitive match up.

Also, The Phenom of the WWE, The Undertaker, will be in attendance. Will he finally shed some light on his actions at No Way Out, attacking JBL following his match? Plus, Randy Orton defeated Rey Mysterio on Sunday night, earning a shot at the title at Wrestlemania. What will he have to say to the champion, Kurt Angle? And where does this leave Rey Mysterio?

With all this action, you would be a fool to miss it. Tune in to Friday Night Smackdown!, this Friday on The CW

Quick Picks

John Bradshaw Layfield & Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle & Rey Mysterio

Bobby Lashley vs. William Regal

Non-Title Match:

MNM vs. The Mexicools

Non-Title Match:

Gregory Helms vs. Paul London

Brian Kendrick vs. Jamie Noble

Non-Title Match:

MNM vs. The Mexicools

I forgot about the Mexicools...

Non-Title Match:

I really pondered this result for a while, but I think Angle & Rey will win.

I'm hoping Lashley's going to be phased out.

Non-Title Match:

MNM vs. The Mexicools Keep the Champions looking strong.

Non-Title Match:

Gregory Helms vs. Paul London Keep Helms looking strong.

Give Noble a feud with his occasional partner Gregory Helms.

Quick Picks

Non-Title Match:

MNM vs. The Mexicools

Non-Title Match:

Attendance: 9,477

Announce Team:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MichaelCole.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tazz3.jpg

Michael & Tazz

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/sdvid.flv">

The brand new Smackdown! Video plays throughout the arena as Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to another exciting instalment of Friday Night Smackdown! They then announce that tonight will feature Bobby Lashley facing off with William Regal with the winner receiving a spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania 22, as well as the WWE Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms taking on Paul London.

The cameras cut to a shot of the ring, where a red carpet has been laid across the ring canvas, and a table with two chairs has been placed in the middle of it. It appears that a contract signing is set to take place. Theodore Long’s music hits and out comes the Smackdown General Manager. However, he is not alone as at least a dozen Security Guards escort him to the ring. Long enters the ring, followed by the security guards. He then collects a microphone from ringside to address the audience in the Pensacola Civic Centre.

Long: Ladies and gentleman, first of all I would like to thank you all for coming to watch and support Friday Night Smackdown. Now last night, Randy Orton defeated Rey Mysterio. And as promised, at Wrestlemania, he will get his title match. So, without further ado, please welcome Randy Orton

The crowd’s boo’s drown out Orton’s entrance music as he makes his way to the ring, a sly smile spread across his face as he steps through the ropes. He keeps his eyes locked on Teddy Long as he picks up a microphone. As he goes to speak, Long cuts him off.

Long: Now Randy, before you say anything, I wanna take you on a trip down memory lane, playa. Roll the footage.

The video on screen comes from a few months back, prior to No Way Out, in which Randy threatens Teddy Long in his office.

Randy: Teddy, you know damn well my feet never touched the floor at the rumble. You know damn well that I should have won that match, not Mysterio. And I’m not asking you, I’m TELLING you that if I don’t get justice for this mistake, I’m going to cause serious damage. To your staff. To your “Superstars”. Or maybe even to YOU!

Teddy cowers in the corner of the room as Randy stares a hole straight through him. Finally he speaks.

Long: Li..Listen, playa. I’ll make you a deal. If...if you can behave yourself and keep your cool, then I’ll give you Rey Mysterio at No way out. And if you win, you...you get a title shot at Wrestlemania. Just please, don’t hurt me!

Randy finally backs away from Teddy and tells him he made a wise choice before walking away.

The cameras return to the arena, where the fans in attendance are almost screaming “You Suck” towards The Legend Killer. Randy heads towards the table in the centre of the ring, picking up a contract that is laying in the middle of it before putting his signature on it. Randy then lifts the mic to address the General Manager.

Randy: Teddy, I would like to thank you for seeing sense and giving me the opportunity to make things right. Last night, I finally ended Rey Mysterio’s fairytale story of headlining Wrestlemania. I crushed his pathetic dreams. And now I, Randy Orton, will destroy Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania. And I will once again become the World Heavyweight Champion. It is my destiny. And I will fulfil it. Thanks to you, Teddy.

Randy’s ****y, arrogant smirk really gets under the skin of the crowd, who begin a chant of “Randy Sucks”. Teddy Long then shocks The Legend Killer, as well as the thousands in the arena and the millions watching worldwide.

Long: Congratulations, Randy. You did indeed do what you set out to do. You became number one contender. But I gotta ask you, playa. What makes you think you will be facing Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania?

Randy gives Teddy a look of bemusement before Long continues.

Long: You see Randy, I don’t take too kindly to being threatened. I’m the General Manager of Smackdown. And like it or not, I’m your boss. And I will not be threatened by the likes of you, or anybody else. You see, when you threatened my safety, as well as the safety of my staff, we’ll I panicked. But you see, I’m not the General Manager for nothing. I told you that if you beat Rey Mysterio, you would receive a title shot at Wrestlemania. But playa, I never said that it would be for the World Heavyweight Title.

The fans in attendance go insane, cheering at Teddy’s cunning plan being unveiled. Randy’s head can barely contain his eyeballs as they bulge out of their sockets. Teddy continues.

Long: So I would like to announce that at Wrestlemania, Kurt Angle will defend the World Heavyweight Championship in a ONE-ON-ONE MATCH against the 2006 Royal Rumble winner, Rey Mysterio!

The fans are on their feet as Randy lunges towards Teddy Long. However, the security guards surrounding the General Manager are able to hold him back.

Teddy: And Randy Orton, at Wrestlemania 22, you will be facing off with THIS man...

The opening chords of “Whatever” by Our Lady Peace hits as the United States Champion Chris Benoit walks towards the ring. Orton is still going nuts in the ring as the fans begin chanting Benoit’s name. He steps through the ropes and goes almost nose to nose with Orton. The stare down was intense as Benoit lifted his belt high in the air before dropping it to the mat. As Orton looked down at the US Title, Benoit struck, grabbing Orton’s arm and dragging him to the floor. He applied the Crippler Crossface on the Legend Killer as the security tried to pull him The Rabid Wolverine off of his prey. Teddy Long stood in the corner, watching the events unfold. Some may say there was even a slight smile on Longs face. Benoit finally released the hold before heading towards the table and picking up the contract. He signed his name on it before throwing it down on the limp body of Randy Orton. Benoit collected his belt from the canvas and exited the ring. As Long was just about to follow him out, he stopped, lifting the mic to make one final announcement.

Long: Oh, and by the way. Tonight Randy, you will be in tag team competition, when you team up with JBL to take on Rey Mysterio and the World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle.

Teddy finally leaves the ring, still flanked by his personal security, as we head to commercial

We return to Friday Night Smackdown, as we are shown footage of what just took place with Teddy Long, Randy Orton and Chris Benoit.

The Mexicools, Super Crazy and Psicosis, make their way down the aisle. Michael Cole and Tazz choose this moment to announce that next week on Smackdown, there will be a Three Way Tag team match between The Mexicools, Brian Kendrick and Paul London, and Jamie Noble and Kid Kash (known as The Pitbulls), with the winners receiving a shot at MNM's Tag Team Titles at Wrestlemania 22.

Non-Title Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JoeyMatthews2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnMorrison2.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Psicosis.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/SuperCrazy.jpg

MNM vs. The Mexicools

An entertaining match to start the action with, as both teams went out of their way to pick up the victory. Johnny Nitro stood out as being particularly solid in this matchup, constantly getting the upper hand on his opponents. Super Crazy almost put Nitro away with a moonsault, but Melina made her presence known, knocking him off the top rope. This allowed Nitro to hit his Standing Star Press for the victory.

Winners: MNM

Michael Cole and Tazz hype the fact that tonight Bobby Lashley and William Regal will do battle, with the winner receiving a spot in the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania.

The arena descends into darkness as the infamous gong of The Undertaker hits. His face appears on the giant screen as the fans show their love for The Phenom of the WWE. The Undertaker’s voice booms throughout the arena as he begins to speak.

Undertaker: For months I have been In the shadows. Lurking in the darkness. Waiting for the perfect time to make my return. John Bradshaw Layfield, for months I have listened to your words. You speak of Icons and Legends in this business, and you dragged their names, their careers, through the dirt. I have made a reputation for myself by destroying my opponents, no matter who they are. I’ve stepped foot inside this ring with the likes of Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka. Men like “Rowdy” Roddy Piper. Men like “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. And while I may have taken them all to hell, I have a respect for these men. You, JBL, have no respect. No respect for the men who came before you. Men whose blood, sweat and broken bones paved the way for men such as yourself. JBL, me and you have battled in the past. And you have been successful in defeating me in the past. But John, I’ve also defeated you. And when I defeated you, I made a simple mistake. I was content with defeating you. Now I realise I should have taken your soul. JBL, there is one legend who you will never silence. One Icon who will forever haunt you. And you are looking at him. JBL, I make the challenge to you here, tonight. You and me, at Wrestlemania 22. JBL, I won’t just defeat you. I WILL take you heart, your body and your soul. And JBL, you WILL Rest...IN...PEACE!

The crowd clearly approve The Undertaker’s suggestion as his face fades from the screen.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BrianKendrick2.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JamesGibson.jpg

This was quite possibly the match of the night, as the two men put on one hell of a match for the fans in attendance, who were clearly behind Kendrick the entire time. Kendrick used his slight speed advantage to keep Noble of balance, but Noble was able to slow his opponent down, almost making him tap out to a dangerous looking Dragon Sleeper. The end came when Kendrick ascended to the top rope. Noble’s partner Kid Kash made his way to the ring, jumping on the ring apron and distracting the official long enough for Noble to nail a low blow whilst Kendrick was till perched on the top. He dragged Kendrick’s prone body to the centre of the ring before locking in the Trailer Hitch, scoring the submission victory as we head to commercial.

Winner: Jamie Noble

Smackdown returns from commercial with Chuck Palumbo making his way to the ring for his match against Mark Henry. The match would not take place however, as Booker T runs up from behind, nailing Palumbo and knocking him down the ramp. He drags Palumbo down to the ringside area, where he throws him into the steel steps. Booker isn’t content with that however, as he lifts Chuck to his feet and throws him into the security barrier surrounding the ring. Booker lays into Palumbo with hard boots to the skull. Officials run to the ringside area as Booker gets into the ring. He grabs a mic, the fury in his eyes obvious for all to see.

Booker: Sharmell, get down here right now. I think you have some explaining to do. I ain’t got all night.

Several seconds pass before Sharmell finally makes her way to ringside. As she slowly walks down the ramp, Michael Cole and Tazz talk about what happened at No Way out, where Sharmell was accidentally knocked from the apron by her husband. She was taken to the back following the match by Booker’s opponent, Bobby Lashley. Sharmell nervously stepped into the ring with her husband. Booker’s eyes never left Sharmell as he began to speak.

Booker: So, what’s the deal, Sharmell? For weeks, for WEEKS, you and that punk Bobby Lashley have been making eyes at each other. What, you think I haven’t noticed. You think I can’t tell when my own wife has the hots for another man. And then last Sunday, when you’re lying on the floor on the outside, you let Lashley carry you out of there? You would rather him take you out of their than your own god damn husband? What’s up with that, Sharmell? You need to explain to me what’s going on, because I’m losing my mind here. What’s going on between the two of you?

Sharmell shakes her head, pleading with her husband that nothing is going on. Booker is having none of it.

Booker: Don’t lie to me. Don’t you EVER lie to me. I KNOW something is going on. I don’t care how long it takes, I’m gonna get to the truth, you dig? Now tell me, what’s going on?

Sharmell again denies any wrong doing. Booker finally loses it.

Booker: TELL ME!

Booker grabs his wife by the hair, forcing her into the corner. Booker is screaming in her face. Sharmell’s tears care clearly be seen by all, as she begs her husband to calm down. But help was on the way, as Bobby Lashley runs down the ramp, sliding into the ring and going at it with Booker T. Lashley’s fist connects with Booker’s jaw more than once, finally knocking the 5-Time WCW Champion to the mat. Booker did the smart thing, rolling to the outside to save himself. Lashley bent down to check on Sharmell, who had been curled up in the corner the entire time. However, Booker T has a mic once again.

Booker: Sharmell, I think you should come with me. That’s if you know what’s good for you.

Sharmell looked at her husband, before looking at Lashley and mouthing the words “I’m sorry” before stepping outside the ring and towards her husband. Booker dragged his wife to the back when William Regal’s music began, signalling the arrival of Regal and his protégé Paul Burchill, which meant it was time for the Money in the Bank qualifying match.

Money in the Bank Qualifying Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BobbyLashley3.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/WilliamRegal7.jpg

This was a brutally hard hitting affair between the pair. The native of Blackpool, England really shown his experience, meeting Lashley head on at every turn. However, Lashley’s unadulterated strength and power caused a lot of problems for Regal. Burchill attempted to interfere on his mentor’s behalf. Lashley meet him with a huge spear, almost taking him out of his boots. The referee tried to roll Burchill out of the ring, giving Regal enough time to slip on the brass knuckles. As he swung his fist towards Lashley’s jaw, he ducked and came back with a brutal clothesline. However, Lashley made a HUGE error, as he took the brass knuckles away from Regal and slipped them on his own hand, ready to strike Regal when he got to his feet. The referee finally turned back to the action. He took one look at the lifeless body of Regal, and one look at the knuckles in Lashley’s hands, before the official called for the bell, signalling a disqualification victory for William Regal. To say Bobby Lashley was disappointed would be an understatement.

Winner: William Regal (Via DQ)

Michael Cole and Tazz hype the fact that next week’s Money in the Bank qualifier will feature Matt Hardy taking on “The Fighting Irishman” Finlay.

Speaking of Hardy and Finlay, the cameras cut backstage, where the two men are brawling in the catering area. The two men are throwing heavy blows on one another as road agents and officials separate the two as we head to commercial.

Prior to his non-title match against Paul London, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms had a few words for the audience in attendance.

Helms: Ladies and gentlemen, feast your eyes on a TRUE champion here on Smackdown. A champion unafraid of competition. A champion unafraid of failure. And the reason I do not fear failure is because I DO NOT FAIL. And yet, the so-called “Leader “of this brand, Teddy Long, still hasn’t booked a match for me at Wrestlemania. I am the Champion of Champions, and yet Teddy still fails to take notice. Well tonight, after I’m finished with Paul London, he will HAVE to take notice. The WORLD will take notice of “God’s Gift to Wrestling”, Gregory Helms. And that’s a fact.

Non-Title Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/GregoryHelms.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/PaulLondon.jpg

Another fantastic Cruiserweight match on Smackdown for the crowd to enjoy. London really took Helms to the limit, with a variety of high flying manoeuvres, including a devastating Tornado DDT which almost ended the contest for the Cruiserweight Champion. Helms was able to recover however, and finished London off with a Shining Wizard for the hard fought victory.

Winner: Gregory Helms

Following the match, Tazz attempted to get a few words with Helms

Tazz: Gregory, another victory for you here tonight.

Helms: What did you expect, Tazz? When I tell you I’m going to do something, I do it. I’m not the Cruiserweight Champion for nothing. I am the absolute best. And now Teddy, you, these fans and everybody else will recognise that I truly am “God’s Gift to Wrestling”.

Another hype job from Cole and Tazz for next week, when it will be Bobby Lashley taking on John Bradshaw Layfield in singles competition.

Backstage, Josh Matthews is joined by one of the participants in tonight’s Main Event, JBL.

Matthews: Ladies and gentlemen at this time may I introduce to you John Bradshaw Layfield. Now John, tonight you team up with The Legend Killer to take on the World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and his opponent for Wrestlemania, Rey Mysterio. How do you think you and Orton will function as a team?

JBL: First of all Josh, let me address a certain Bobby Lashley. Next week, you step into the battlefield with the greatest living athlete in the world today. Many claim to be the best, but only one man can back it up. And you’re looking at him. Lashley, you should forget about Booker T and his piece of ass Sharmell, because next week I become your BIGGEST problem. Secondly, I want to address YOU Undertaker. At No Way Out, you dropped me in the centre of the ring. Congratulations. You got one over on The Wrestling God. But you know something? You said it yourself earlier tonight. I’ve beaten you before. And if I chose to, I could beat you again. But it’s not going to happen. I have nothing to prove to you, or anybody else. So as for your challenge for a match at Wrestlemania, I gracefully decline your offer. Let’s face it, it’s Wrestlemania. And I refuse to be your job boy just to fuel your ego. So thanks, but no thanks Deadman. And as for teaming with Randy Orton tonight? As long as he does his job, stays in line and doesn’t get in my way, myself and Randy will be just fine.And Kurt and Rey? I really don’t give a damn which one of you walks away with the belt at Wrestlemania. Because whoever it is, your celebrations won’t last long. Because I WILL regain my spot as the absolute best in the business. The top dog. The WRESTLING GOD! Boys, you are looking at the future World Heavyweight Champion. And you can take that one to the bank.

Kurt Angle’s music hits, bringing the crowd to their feet in appreciation for the champ. The crowd applaud Angle as he steps in the ring ready for his tag team Main Event match. He is soon followed by Rey Mysterio, who gets an equally warm reception from the fans in the Pensacola Civic Centre. Before the introduction of their opponents, Rey Mysterio brings a microphone into the ring.

Rey: Kurt, I just want to say that it will be an honour and a privilege to face you at Wrestlemania 22 in Chicago. You know that I have the upmost respect for you and everything you have accomplished. But I need you to know, winning this match at Wrestlemania means everything to me. Ever since I stepped in foot in this business, all I’ve ever heard is that I’m too small. That I will never make it to the very top. Wrestlemania is my one chance to prove my critics wrong. To prove that I belong. And Kurt, as much as I respect you, I will do whatever it takes to beat you and become World Heavyweight Champion. And I know that with an opponent like you, win lose or draw I know we will tear the roof of the place, and give these people something to remember.

The crowd applaud Rey’s heartfelt promo. Kurt takes the mic and begins to speak.

Kurt: Rey, I appreciate that. You know that I respect you too. I respect how much you have achieved at this point in your career. And I understand that it’s your dream to become World Champion. But YOU need to understand something too. This belt, with the exception of my wife and children, is the most important thing in my life. This is everything to me. It is my life. It’s what I live for. And much like you, I will do absolutely ANYTHING to keep this gold around my waist. I will put my body, my heart, my LIFE on the line to keep MY title. So Rey, we WILL tear the house down in Chicago. We will give these fans something to remember. But Rey, make no mistake about. Only one man will be walking away with this belt. And it sure as hell won’t be you. Oh, It’s true. It’s DAMN true.

The two men stare each other down in the centre of the ring before both extending their arms and shaking each other’s hand in a show of respect.

---

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnBradshawLayfield.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RandyOrton3.jpg vs. http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/KurtAngle.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ReyMysterio3.jpg

A great Main event to end the show. Both teams worked surprisingly well with their partners, especially considering the circumstances surrounding the Angle/Rey partnership. JBL threw the smaller Mysterio around the ring like a rag doll in the early going, but Rey managed to mount a spirited comeback before getting the tag to Kurt Angle, who cleaned house, suplexing both Layfield and Orton out of their boots. The match was soon turned into a handicap match however, when Chris Benoit headed towards the ring. Seeing the danger, Orton headed out into the crowd, where Benoit soon followed. This left JBL as an easy target for his opponents, who finished JBL off when Mysterio hit the 619. Angle followed this up with the Ankle Lock, giving Bradshaw no choice but to tap out.

Winners: Kurt Angle & Rey Mysterio

---

Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio both celebrate their victory when the lights in the arena go out, and a loud gong is heard in the building. When the lights return, Mysterio and Angle are nowhere to be seen. But there is one other man in the ring with JBL. Bradshaw turns around and comes face to face with The Undertaker. Taker wraps his hand around the throat of JBL, but Layfield somehow manages to get away from The Undertaker and rolls to safety on the outside. JBL has escaped this time. The show ends with the Undertaker on one knee in his patented pose as Michael Cole and Tazz thanks us for tuning in.

Quick Results:

Dark Matches:

Nunzio over Daivari E

Main Show:

MNM over Mexicools C+

Jamie Noble over Brian Kendrick B

William Regal over Bobby Lashley B-

Gregory Helms over Paul London B-

Kurt Angle/Rey Mysterio over JBL/Randy Orton B

Show Rating: B-

Prediction Results:

Huntman - 3 out of 5 (Total=8)

Destiny - 5 out of 5 (Total=10)

Jingo - 3 out of 5 (Total=10)

Great show sir, loved every minute of it!

Wow, thanks mate. Coming from somebody like yourself, it's a very high compliment. Glad you are enjoying it. Unlike my previous diaries, I'm really feeling this one. Hopefully it will last for some time. Thanks to everybody who has read and commented on this. And as for those predicting, there will be, what I believe, a unique prize for the winner. More info on that later.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexpert.jpg

WWE Smackdown Ratings, WWE cuts several workers, more

-WWE Friday Night Smackdown drew a 4.37 rating on The CW. They also drew a 0.06 rating on Sky Sports.

- The rumors of a huge talent cut has come into effect, as several WWE stars and Developmental performers have been released from their contracts. The most notable performers to be let go from their contracts are The Great Khali, The Boogeyman and Chuck Palumbo, who was seen on this week's episode of Smackdown. WWE.com has a full list of of the performers being released.

- WWE are apparently in talks with former ECW and Monday Night Raw announcer Joey Styles. Styles was last seen at Decmber's Armageddon PPV, in which he "walked out" on announce partner Jerry Lawler after months of what he called "bullying and unprofessional conduct". This is just another hint at another ECW "invasion" leading up to the second ECW One Night Stand in June.

- It appears the rumours of Charlie Haas joining TNA are false, as he did not appear at the iMPACT! taping as suspected. The rumour is Haas was not happy with the push that he would have received with the company. There is talk that he may attempt to get into WWE for another run.

Archived