Carlito def. Charlie Haas

Now that's cool

Mickie James def. Ashley Massaro

Who doesn't love Mickie

Monday, Week 3, April 2006

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/rawbanner.jpg

Attendance: 8,424

Announce Team:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JimRoss.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JerryLawler.jpg

Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The opening video plays before the pyro explodes inside the Cow Palace in San Francisco as 8,424 fans erupt for the start of tonight’s exciting edition of RAW.

Ross: Close to 8,500 fans have packed into The Cow Palace here in San Francisco for what is sure to be an absolute slobber knocker of a night. And it doesn’t get any bigger than tonight’s Main Event, King.

Lawler: You’re not kidding, JR. The WWE Champion John Cena is set to go one on one with the Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin. That’s going to be amazing, I can guarantee.

If the crowd were hot at the start of the event, they were whipped into a frenzy as “One of a Kind” hit the PA System, and out onto the stage came “Mr. Money in the Bank” Rob Van Dam, who was closely followed by ECW General Manager Paul Heyman. The crowd were on their feet chanting “RVD” as Van Dam high-fived the fans before stepping in the ring and grabbing a mic. Heyman was smiling from ear to ear. The two waited for the noise to calm before he began.

RVD: You know, all week long people have asked me why I turned my back on Monday Night Raw and joined Paul Heyman and ECW. For you to understand why I did what I did, I need to take you back in time. You see, before I became “Mr. Monday Night” here in the WWE, ECW was my home. ECW was my life. I broke my back for that company. Some of my most memorable moments took place in ECW. My matches with Sabu. My classic encounters with Jerry Lynn. My almost 2 year reign as ECW World Television Champion. ECW meant everything to me. And it meant everything to Paul. When ECW went out of business in 2001, I thought my career was over. But Vince McMahon and the WWE took me in and gave me a second chance. Now, I’m not saying I don’t appreciate that. I’ve loved every second of performing in front of all of you here on RAW. You people have supported me from day one. I can never forget that. But you see, ECW was my family. ECW was where I wanted to end my career. With the exception of my own family, nothing meant more to me than Extreme Championship Wrestling. So when Paul E. told me that ECW was returning in June, I knew I couldn’t turn it down. I don’t have many regrets in my career. But the one regret I’ve ever had is the fact that I was NEVER ECW World Heavyweight Champion. This is my chance to rectify that. But I know you guys will tune in to ECW and continue to support me. And in return I’ll keep giving you people what you want as only I can. Because you all know that nobody can do what I do. I hope I can still entertain you every time I get in this ring. I’m still the same man I’ve always been. I’m still your hero. And I’m still The Whole F’n Show, Rob...Van...Dam.

RVD’s speech was abruptly cut short by Eric Bischoff, who stood on the entrance way. The look of disdain on Heyman’s face was clearly evident.

Bischoff: How touching, Rob. So you’ve started to buy into Heyman’s crap already have you. Well you know what? Vince gave Paul permission to scout and sign anybody he sees fit, so you can go to ECW with the rest of the misfits that Paul brings in. But until June, you are still MY property. So as long as you’re my property, I’m gonna make your life as miserable as humanly possible. And I’m gonna start tonight. Because in that ring here tonight, Rob Van Dam will be in competition. And he will be going one on one....WITH THE BIG SHOW.

The crowd were unhappy with the announcement, as was Paul Heyman, who wore a mask of fury. RVD seemed relaxed, as he always is.

Bischoff: Oh, and if I see Heyman anywhere near that ring during that match, then not only will you be fined and suspended, but you will be STRIPPED of your Money in the Bank Title Shot. Good Luck, Rob. You’re gonna need it. Hahahaha.

The boos echoed through the arena. Heyman seemed to be panicking in the ring, but it seemed RVD was trying to calm him down.

Ross: RVD and The Big Show tonight? After the transformation of The Big Show these pat few weeks, I can only see bad things in RVD’s future.

Lawler: Well, we saw what he did to Kane last week, and nobody has seen him since. We can only imagine the damage he will try to inflict on “Mr. Monday Night”.

A black stretch limo rolls into the arena. The driver opens the door and out steps “The Game” Triple H. He wasn’t alone, as Tyson Tomko stepped out with him. The two were very smartly dressed as they entered the arena together.

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler inform us that Trish Stratus will receive her rematch against Mickie James for the Women’s Title at Backlash. They also recap what happened last week between Mickie and Victoria.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Ashley.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MickieJames2.jpg

Ashley Massaro vs. Mickie James

To say this was one sided would be a HUGE understatement. From the second Ashley entered the ring, it was pretty much game over as Mickie completely dismantled her. The crazed look in her eyes indicated that she had no intention of pinning her opponent, instead choosing to beat her down like a dog. The crowd were willing Mickie to stop, as was the official. But Mickie was relentless, hitting 3 Mickie-D-T’s on the now unconscious Ashley. But the mood was about to change as Victoria stormed the ring and took Mickie down to the mat, laying into her with solid fists as retaliation for her attack on her the previous week. The official was given no other choice but to call for the bell.

Winner: Mickie James (Via DQ)

The beatdown of Mickie continued as Victoria mounted her adversary and beat her with rights and lefts. Victoria headed to the outside and grabbed the Woman’s Championship belt from ringside. But as she returned to the ring, she was met with a brutal Mick Kick to the head, sending her to the mat quickly. Mickie’s face was twisted as she let out a primal scream before lifting Victoria up and hitting her with her own manoeuvre, The Widows Peak. Mickie was still raging as she attacked Victoria with the title belt. The fans soon erupted as Trish Stratus headed to the ring. Mickie was there to meet her, and attempted to hit her with a Mick Kick. Trish was able to duck it, and sent Mickie crashing to the outside with a Clothesline over the top rope. Mickie grabbed her belt from the apron and backed up the ramp as Trish attended to both Victoria and Ashley.

Lawler: Have you ever seen a Woman’s Champion as vicious as Mickie James?

Ross: King, I’ve never seen a woman like Mickie in my life. She just destroyed two women in quick succession. And it worries me what she will be willing to do to Trish at Backlash in two weeks time.

We head backstage where there is a huge ruckus going on as Chavo Guerrero is being held back by security trying to get his hands on Matt Striker once again. Striker is hiding behind a female staff member, trying to protect himself.

Striker: Keep him back. I’m warning you. He’s a madman. Keep him back.

Guerrero: Come on, Striker. Be a God damn man and fight me.

Striker: You don’t want any of this, Chavo. You wanna think yourself LUCKY that they’re holding you back.

Chavo continued to attempt to get to Striker as Ross and Lawler questioned Striker’s bravery.

Jonathan Coachman is stood outside the locker rooms backstage, waiting to get a word with a certain WWE Superstar.

Coachman: Ladies and gentlemen, I am stood outside the locker room backstage here in the Cow Palace attempting to get a word from Carlito. We have attempted to get a word from Carlito all week with no luck but we....here he is. Carlito, could you maybe shed some light on why you attacked your own tag team partner last week, causing him to leave the WWE? What was your reason for what you did?

Carlito simply smirked at Coachman before walking away, leaving Coach, as well as the entire viewing audience, none the wiser.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Carlito2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/CharlieHaas2.jpg

Carlito vs. Charlie Haas

Haas was impressive in his first televised match since returning to the WWE. He seemed to have a spring in his step, obviously enjoying being back in front of the RAW fans. But he never expected the transformation in Carlito after last week, who seemed very cold and calculating, working on the back and neck of Haas. Carlito hit Charlie with a devastating Back Breaker which almost sealed Haas’ fate, but he was only able to get a two count. Haas did manage to get back into the match somewhat, and locked Carlito in the Haas of Pain. Carlito screamed in agony, but did manage to break the hold eventually. The calculated targeting of Charlie’s back was the deciding factor however, and Carlito finally managed to finish things off after hitting Haas with the Back Stabber for the victory.

Winner: Carlito

Following the contest, Carlito decided that beating Haas wasn’t good enough, and chose instead to humiliate him, spitting apple directly into his face as he lay prone on the mat. He then took a mic from ringside.

Carlito: Last week I drove Chris Masters out of the WWE. And I did it because I am sick and tired of having to carry pieces of crap like him on my back. I am the greatest athlete in the WWE today. Nobody comes close. And people like him only held me back from my destiny. And my destiny is to become the WWE Champion. To prove to the world that I deserve to be THE Main Event. 2006 is Carlito’s year. 2006 is Carlito’s time. And in 2006, we’re gonna do things Carlito’s way. And that....thats cool.

Carlito drops the mic on Haas’ prone body as the crowd start a “You Suck” chant directed towards Carlito.

Ross: Very strong words by Carlito. And after his actions these last few weeks, I wouldn’t bet against him. He may very well be the next WWE Champion.

Lawler: Now that’s cool, JR.

We finally cut to commercial.

Goldust is already stood in the ring as“A.W.K” by Andrew WK hits and out onto the stage steps Michelle McCool, mic in hand, ready to introduce the WWE faithful to “The Idol”.

McCool: Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honour and privilege to introduce to you a man who really needs no introduction, but let’s go for it anyway, shall we. He made his stunning debut here last week. And while he may have been SCREWED out of a victory, he was certainly the man standing tall at the end of the night. Ladies and Gentlemen, from Hollywood California, he is The Box Office Hit, The Five Star Superstar and the reason you all paid to get into this building, he is “The Idol” Aaron Stevens.

The crowd shower Mr. Stevens with boo’s as he arrogantly walks out onto the stage. McCool hands him the mic as he lifts it to his lips.

Stevens: Thank you for that tremendous reception, San Fran. I have to say it is an absolute honour to....ah, screw it. It is an absolute honour for you pathetic no hopers to bare witness to the single greatest entertainer in the world, the man who was too good for Hollywood, The Box Office Hit, “The Idol” Aaron Stevens. I’ve always been told that the first impression is the only impression. And last week, I made one hell of a first impression when I beat the so called “Legend” Ric Flair with a steel chain. When I wrapped that chain around his neck, and I saw his eyes pop out of his skull, I could see the fear in them. He knew then and there that he wasn’t dealing with any ordinary man. He was dealing with a younger, faster, far more superior man than himself. They say “To be the man, you gotta beat the man”. Well, I beat him alright. I beat him within an inch of his life. And tonight, I’m going to do the same to that freak standing in the ring, Goldust. You should feel quite comfortable here in San Fran, surrounded by “your kind of people”. But I’m afraid your days as a Hollywood A-Lister are long gone my friend. Michelle, if you would kindly take this mic, I have some business to attend to.

The crowd were hot at Stevens words as he headed towards the ring for his showdown with “The Bizarre One”.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/AaronStevens2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Goldust.jpg

Aaron Stevens vs. Goldust

Goldust was determined to make Stevens pay for his words, and took control in the early going, keeping him grounded with kicks to the back and head. Stevens was not prepared for the veteran’s unusual tactics, and took great exception to Goldust attempting to grab his “Nether Regions”. “The Idol” was so incensed he finally decided to play dirty, gouging the eyes of his opponent before dropping him with a DDT for a two count. It was all Stevens from that point in, showing a very physical side to himself. Like him or hate him, Aaron Stevens was able to back up his words, and after 10 minutes of back and forth competition, he finally managed to hit Goldust with The Hollywood Star (Muscle Buster) for the victory.

Winner: Aaron Stevens

The match may have been over, but the carnage had only just begun as Stevens called to McCool to hand him something. She was more than happy to oblige, and handed him a chain, similar to the one used to choke Ric Flair the previous week. With the chain around his fist, Stevens waited for Goldust to rise. But he was soon sent crashing down again as Stevens swung for him, the chain connecting with his skull and busting him open. “The Idol” wasn’t through, wrapping the chain around his neck, attempting to choke him. The crowd were shouting their disapproval until Goldust’s partner Eugene ran to the ring. He slid into the ring, but was met with a boot to the gut before being planted with The Hollywood Star. Stevens picked up the chain, and it looked as if he was about to use it on Eugene. His plan was scuppered when the crowd rose to their feet, and “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair ran to the ring, steel chair in hand. Stevens decided now was a good time to bail, and he and McCool backed up the entrance way. Flair ripped his jacket off and screamed abuse at Stevens as the crowd began a “Nature Boy” chant.

Lawler: Thank god for Flair. Just think of the damage this kid could have done.

Ross: Well, if I know Flair as well as I think I do, then this one is far from over, I’ll put my money on that.

We head backstage, where RVD is lacing his boots in preparation for his showdown with The Big Show. Paul Heyman is stood by his side, pleading with him not to go out there.

Heyman: Come on, Rob. This is insanity. He’s a monster. You saw what he did to Kane last week. You need to think of your future. Look, if you pull out, the least he can do is what? Fire you? It doesn’t matter, you’ll be working for me in June anyway. You could use the break. Rob, I need you fit and healthy for when ECW returns. Please, Rob, don’t do this.

RVD: Paul, let me ask you something. Do you trust me?

Heyman: I’m sorry, what?

RVD: I said do you trust me?

Heyman: Come on, Rob. You know I trust you.

RVD: Then don’t sweat it, man. I’ve got everything covered. Just sit down, relax and watch my match on the monitors. Nothing bad will happen to me. I promise. Just trust me, Paul.

Heyman: Ok, Rob. Just be careful.

With that, Van Dam left the locker room, leaving Heyman alone, still unsure of what is about to take place.

Before the next match, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler show footage of last week, in which Big Show brutally assaulted “The Big Red Machine” Kane, laying him out and sending him to the hospital.

Ross: A quick update ladies and gentlemen. Kane was NOT released from hospital during the week. However, Kane has gone missing, and it appears nobody knows where he is. If we get any updates on his whereabouts, we will keep you posted. But as of now it is unknown when, or indeed IF, Kane will return to RAW.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RobVanDam.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BigShow2.jpg

Rob Van Dam vs. The Big Show

The Big Show loved every second of this one, as he could see the uncertainty in the eyes of “Mr. Monday Night”. The disturbing smile that spread across his face was unnerving as he beat Van Dam from pillar to post. He waited for the crowd to fall silent before bringing his frying pan-like hand across the chest of RVD. Show was in full control, until a Big Boot failed to connect, allowing RVD to hit a succession of Spin Kicks, sending him to the mat before hitting the Rolling Thunder for a long two count. Van Dam used his educated feet, as well as his obvious speed advantage, to stay in control of the match. But he was caught off guard by a brutal Clothesline which almost ended things, but Van Dam was close enough to the ropes to break it. Big Show signalled for the Chokeslam as RVD tried to get himself to his feet. But Van Dam’s plan came into effect as he grabbed the official and tried to pull himself to his feet. With the referee distracted, it allowed a familiar friend to enter the ring, much to the fans delight...

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TheSandman4.jpg

Big Show turned around only to be met by THE SANDMAN, who swung his cane hard at The Big Show. The Big Man was reeling, and two more shots with the cane sent him down. Sandman slid from the ring as RVD miraculously recovered, jumping to the top rope and landing hard with the Five Star Frog Splash. Van Dam hooked the leg and gained the pinfall victory as the crowd erupted.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Van Dam quickly bolted from the ring, The Sandman not far behind. They headed to the entrance way, where Paul Heyman was waiting, clearly impressed with RVD’s plan. The three men celebrated on the entrance as a small but noticeable “ECW” chant rang throughout the arena.

Lawler: I can’t believe it. Who let that misfit into the arena, JR?

Ross: I have no idea. But like it or not, RVD and ECW just got one over on Eric Bischoff.

Backstage, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch are stood microphones in hands, belts around their waists, ready to address the audience.

Cade: Standing before you is the greatest Tag Team in the WWE. The World Tag Team Champions, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch. We won these titles by defeating the two biggest, baddest, nastiest individuals in the company. And we did it at the biggest event of the year, Wrestlemania. And yet here we stand without opponents for Backlash. And the reason is, quite simply, there is nobody good enough, and nobody brave enough, to step into the ring with us and try to take these belts from us.

Murdoch: So we are issuing an Open Challenge to anyone, whether it be from Raw, Smackdown or some pit in the middle of god knows where, we say drag your ass to Backlash and face us in the ring for the World Tag Team Championships. And we promise you folks, we will prove, once again, that we are the greatest tag team on the planet. So whoever you are, I’m beggin’ ya to come along to Backlash and prove me and my boy wrong.

We see Edge walking along the corridor along with his partner Lita, heading towards the ring.

Ross: Coming up, Edge takes on Triple H’s “Problem Solver” Tyson Tomko. Who will walk away the victor? We’ll find out next.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Edge.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tomko.jpg

Edge vs. Tyson Tomko

Tomko has been on an impressive roll since joining forces with Triple H, defeating some huge names and cementing his place as a big time player. And it seemed that roll was set to continue as he took it to “The Rated R Superstar”. Tomko clearly had the upper hand from the start, until a quick trip of the foot by Lita allowed Edge to hit a Slingshot Suplex for the two. Edge worked on the huge legs of “The Problem Solver”, trying to keep the big man on the ground. A Single Leg Boston Crab in the centre of the ring may have finished Tomko off. But his unbelievable strength allowed him to push Edge away with his legs, shocking Edge. It wasn’t long before Triple H himself headed towards ringside, attempting to distract one of his Backlash opponents. But Edge managed to keep his focus, and after avoiding a Big Boot from Tomko, managed to charge at him and hit a devastating Spear, hooking the leg and getting the one, two, three for the win.

Winner: Edge

At the conclusion of the match, Edge was staring a hole through “The Game”, and even went so far as trying to get him to step into the ring and throw down with him. It looked as though Triple H was contemplating the idea, but he backed away at the last second. It was clear why, as Edge turned around and straight into the Big Boot of Tyson Tomko. Tomko looked down at Edge and let out a thunderous scream as Triple H laughed maniacally.

Ross: I’m not exactly Edge’s biggest fan, but once again it seems Triple H has brainwashed Tomko into doing his bidding for him.

Lawler: Well, if it gets him what he wants then that’s what you have to do, JR. Cena and Edge may be in for a world of hurt if Tomko is in the corner of “The Game” at Backlash.

Once again the cameras head backstage, and once again Chavo Guererro is STILL trying to get to Matt Striker, who is still hiding behind any object he can in order to keep Chavo away. With security and officials still trying to calm the “Latino Warrior” down, Eric Bischoff finally came into shot.

Bischoff: ENOUGH. I SAID ENOUGH. I have enough on my plate without having to deal with you two. So I’ll tell you what. Chavo, if you want Matt Striker so much, you’re gonna get him. But it won’t be until Backlash. And I’m making this ruling; if either of you so much as touch each other before the Pay Per View, not only will you not get the match, but you will be suspended and banned from Backlash and RAW until further notice. I’m sick and tired of all this. Now get out of here, both of you.

Striker was quick to scurry away from the scene. Chavo was still shaking with rage, but eventually left the scene.

Ross: Striker and Chavo at Backlash, and if they come into contact before then, they will be suspended indefinitely.

Lawler: Well, the way this one has boiled over, I’m not sure these two men will be able to stay away from each other for that long.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnCena.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/SheltonBenjamin3.jpg

John Cena vs. Shelton Benjamin

Ever since his shocking defeat of Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania, Shelton Benjamin can seemingly do no wrong. And without Vince McMahon in his corner, many wondered how he would cope against the WWE Champion. But Shelton really gave Cena a run for his money. Benjamin used his speed to wear Cena out, and then slapped him around the head, a ****y grin on his face and a swagger in his step. Cena only took so much before finally hitting a Powerslam and getting himself back into the match. The two put on a tremendous match, and Shelton’s agility almost won the match with him after he hit a Springboard Missile Dropkick for a VERY long two count. Shelton may have gotten a little overconfident when he went to hit another Springboard Dropkick, but was caught midair and nailed with the F-U. Cena made the cover as the official counted the one, two, thr...NO. Shelton managed to get his foot on the rope. Cena was in shock, but managed to compose himself. He lifted Benjamin from the mat and lifted him for another F-U, but Shelton slipped out and went for a kick to the mid section. Cena caught Shelton’s foot and spun him around, only to be hit with the Dragon Whip Kick for a close two count. The match continued to go back and forth, and Benjamin looked to end it with the Exploder Suplex. Cena managed to block it however, and took Shelton down with a Drop Toe Hold before locking in the STFU. Shelton writhed around in agony, almost reaching the ropes before being pulled back to the centre of the ring. Shelton held on as long as he could, but eventually the pain became too much, and he finally tapped out.

Winner: John Cena

The majority of the crowd were on their feet as Cena posed for them. But he was soon caught by an Exploder Suplex by Shelton Benjamin, who had managed to get to his feet. Shelton began to put the boots to Cena. But Cena was saved, as through the crowd came “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels. Shelton turned around and was caught with Sweet Chin Music, knocking Shelton to the mat. Michaels looked down at his Backlash opponent with seemingly no emotion. Cena pulled himself to his feet, but was shockingly sent to the mat again when HBK hit HIM with Sweet Chin Music. Michaels looked down at both men. The show ended as Triple H and Tomko stood at the entrance way, smiles on their faces at what had happened to Cena at the hands of HBK.

-----

Results:

Mickie James over Ashley Massaro D+

Carlito over Charlie Haas C-

Aaron Stevens over Goldust C

Rob Van Dam over The Big Show B

Edge over Tyson Tomko B-

John Cena over Shelton Benjamin B

Show Rating: B

Predictions:

Destiny - 4/6

Jingo - 5/6

MattitudeV2 - 5/6

The Final Countdown - 4/6

Spark - 4/6

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexperts.jpg

RAW Ratings, Update on Kane, More Roster Cuts

- Raw managed to pull in a 3.47 rating on The USA Network, as well as a 0.09 on Sky Sports in the UK.

- The latest news on the Kane Injury angle is that aparently Glen Jacobs (Kane) was the one who asked management for time off, as he believes his character has become very stale. The idea is he is looking to return with a slightly new look and attitude sometime in the future. He will however still be doing promotional work for WWE as well as a few house shows here and there.

- The rumor mill has been doing overtime as it regards to roster cuts in the WWE. It is understood that Vince McMahon and his head booker have gotten together to discuss the future of the company, and it is believed that some of the superstars lower on the card may be let go and REPLACED in an "Out with the old, in with the new" kind of way. When they will begin and who will be cut is unknown at this time. Stay with wrestlexperts.com to find out.

Smackdown Preview

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/smackdownbanner.jpg

Preview

The Norfolk Scope in Virginia plays host to this weeks edition of Friday Night Smackdown. And after costing JBL his chance a winning the World Heavyweight Title last week, Kurt Angle finally gets his rematch from Wrestlemania when he takes on Rey Mysterio for the title. Also, after defeating The Full Blooded Italians last week, The Bashams get their opportunity to take home the WWE Tag Team Championships when they square off with MNM. Plus, The Undertaker returns for his first match since Wrestlemania when he goes one on one with the scheming Booker T.

Also, Hamada will be in action, as will the Cruiserweight Champion Super Crazy. Randy Orton will be in the building. And there are rumors going round that Theodore Long will take action against Gregory Helms over his antics last week. What will he have to say regarding "God's Gift to Wrestling"? All this and more, only on Friday Night Smackdown on The CW.

Quick Picks:

World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Rey Mysterio © vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:

MNM © vs. The Basham Brothers

Booker T. vs. The Undertaker

Matt Hardy vs. William Regal

The Mexicools vs. The Pitbulls

Hamada vs. Jillian Hall

World Heavyweight Championship Match:

Rey Mysterio © vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:

MNM © vs. The Basham Brothers

Booker T. vs. The Undertaker

Matt Hardy vs. William Regal

The Mexicools vs. The Pitbulls

Hamada vs. Jillian Hall

<p>Tuesday, week 3, April 2006</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/smackdownbanner.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <strong>Location: Norfolk Scope (Mid Atlantic)</strong></p><p><strong> Attendance: 9,037</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Announce Team:</strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MichaelCole.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tazz3.jpg</span></p><p><strong> Michael Cole & Tazz</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> -----</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Dark Match:</strong></p><p><strong> • Finlay defeats Tony Mamaluke with the Celtic Cross</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p><p> </p><p> <embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="<a href="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/sdvid.flv" rel="external nofollow">http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/sdvid.flv"></a></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Smackdown’s opening video plays before pyro explodes inside the Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia. Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to the show and run down the card.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Over 9,000 are jam packed into the Norfolk Scope. And you have to believe that they are all here to witness tonight’s Main Event, Tazz.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>You’re not kidding. A Wrestlemania rematch between Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship. Tonight is gonna be off the hook, Cole.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>And speaking of Angle, it looks like he’s gonna kick things off here on Friday Night Smackdown.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Kurt Angles theme echoed through the packed Norfolk crowd as the Olympic Gold Medallist makes his way towards the ring. The fans give Angle a less than warm reception, with “You Suck” chants being directed at the former World Heavyweight Champion. Kurt waited for the abuse to subside before addressing the audience.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">Angle:</span> <strong><em>Tonight is a night that you people will never forget. Tonight is a night that will go down in history. Tonight will be the night that I take back MY World Heavyweight Championship. The same title that Rey Mysterio STOLE from me at Wrestlemania 22. Rey, I have to hand it to you. You put on quite a performance at Wrestlemania. But let’s be honest; if it wasn’t for Batista, that belt would still be around my waist. You know it, I know it, and these inbred morons here in Norfolk, Virginia know it. And Batista, I know you’re watching. So I just want you to know that if you’re stupid enough to come back to Smackdown, don’t expect it to be a smooth ride. Because I will cripple you and end what little career you have had. And that’s a promise. Now, last week, I cost JBL the title. And John, it’s nothing personal against you. I respect you a hell of a lot more than some of the guys in the back. But you have to understand; that was MY title shot. Teddy Long and the powers that be tried to keep me from having my rematch. And I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let somebody else get a shot at that belt before me. I’m the best wrestler in the world today. And we all know that Rey Mysterio doesn’t have what it takes to be World Champion. He’s a one hit wonder, a flash in the pan. And tonight, I make a solemn vow; I will defeat Rey Mysterio. I will regain my World Heavyweight Championship. And I will break Rey Mysterio’s ankle in the process. Oh, it’s true. It’s damn...</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Kurt was distracted by some commotion on the entrance ramp. Angle finally realised what the problem was, as John Bradshaw Layfield was furiously trying to battle through officials who had surrounded him. Bradshaw, obviously still angered by Angle costing him the title last week, was greeted by more abuse than Angle received. Kurt had a smug look on his face as he looked up at JBL. The look was wiped off his face pretty quickly when Rey Mysterio came through the crowd and into the ring. The only thing that Angle felt was Rey’s feet connect with his spine when he delivered a dropkick, sending Kurt into the ropes. Angle was groggy, but was quickly awoken by a 619. Rey then retreated back into the crowd. Rey celebrated with his fans in the Norfolk Scope, holding his title high in the air.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>What a way to kick off Smackdown, Tazz.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>It’s absolute mayhem out here. The question is, will that be the last time that Kurt feels the effects of the 619 here tonight?</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The cameras head backstage where Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long is in the Parking Lot in front of several Security Guards, clearly giving them instructions.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>OK, I’ve heard rumours that Paul Heyman and several of his ECW comrades are on their way here. Now, I know Mr. McMahon has given him full access to both Raw and Smackdown to scout for talent. But after last week, when he threatened me and my brand, I can’t take any chances. So, if and when they show up, it’s your job to make sure that they don’t get into the building. I’m sick of people thinking they can throw their weight around when it comes to me and my brand. I’m not a walking mat for anybody. So just keep them out of my building, ok players? Thank you very much.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>With that, Teddy left the Parking Lot, leaving the security to stand guard to await Heymans imminent arrival.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Can he do that? McMahon gave Heyman permission to scout talent. Surely Long can’t just ban him from the building.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Are you complaining, Tazz? Teddy Long is the General Manager. I think this is a wise choice. Heyman can’t just waltz in here and take our talent. How can you stick up for him?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Hey, get off my back will ya, Cole. I was just making an observation. Jeez.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Psicosis.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/SuperCrazy.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JamesGibson.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/KidKash.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Impact;">The Mexicools vs. The Pitbulls</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The Cruiserweight Champion was on a high after successfully defeating Gregory Helms last week, and it showed in his performance. The contest was pretty open, with both teams getting a decent amount of offence in. Jamie Noble looked particularly dangerous, almost ending the match on several occasions with his submission based offence. Psicosis would have the last laugh though. As Super Crazy looked to hit the Trifecta Moonsault on Kid Kash, Psicosis tagged himself in, and landed a Top Rope Legdrop. Psicosis hooked the leg and got the pinfall victory for his team, leaving his partner slightly bemused.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winners: The Mexicools</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Following the match, Super Crazy tries to get an explanation from Psicosis as to why he interrupted the match and took the win for himself, but Psicosis seemed to shrug it off as nothing. As Crazy argued with his partner, he was attacked from behind by both Pitbulls. They attempted to put the boots to him, but they were cut off by Psicosis, who saved his partner from a severe beatdown. After sending Noble and Kash to the outside, Psicosis picked Super Crazy’s Cruiserweight Title up from the mat and went to hand it to him. As Crazy went to take it, Psicosis held onto the belt tightly for what seemed like an age before finally letting go. Super Crazy looked extremely confused at his partners actions.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Do you think there may be some dissension within The Mexicools?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Well, Psicosis seemed very enamoured with Super Crazy’s Cruiserweight Championship there. A touch of jealousy, perhaps? Who knows?</em> </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Backstage, William Regal is attempting to call somebody on his phone. He has obviously got a hold of somebody’s answer phone, and leaves a message.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">Regal:</span> <strong><em>Paul, it’s me. Look, call me back, please. I’ve been trying to get in touch with you all week. I don’t know what’s going on, mate. I could see in your eyes last week that something wasn’t right. If Heyman’s got in your ear like I think he has, don’t believe a word he says. Just talk to me. Whatever problems we’ve had since Wrestlemania, we can sort them out. Just get in touch. Truth be told, I miss having you around, son. Call me.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>With that, Regal hung up, a sad look in his eyes, before preparing for his match later in the evening.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/AyakoHamada2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JillianHall.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Impact;">Hamada vs. Jillian Hall</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>With this only being Hamada’s second match on Smackdown, the crowd were still a little unsure about her. But she soon got them on her side, completely dominating JBL’s Personal Advisor. Hamada’s style is so different from any other Diva in the WWE, and it wasn’t long before the crowd were on her side. After several high impact moves, including a vicious looking Missile Dropkick from the top rope, the fans came out of their seat when she nailed Jillian with The Tokyo Effect (Fisherman Driver) for an easy three count, picking up her first victory on Smackdown and sending a clear message to Melina</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: Hamada</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The official raises the hand of Hamada as the fans congratulate The Japanese Sensation on her victory. The celebrations were short lived, as a jealous Melina came into the ring and nailed Hamada from behind, sending her to the canvas. Melina put the boots to her, screaming at her that “You’ll NEVER be me”. But nobody was expecting Hamada to make a comeback. And what a comeback it was, fighting her way to her feet and drilling Melina with a DDT. Hamada then lifted her up and drove her down to the mat with The Tokyo Effect, much to the delight of the Norfolk crowd.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Wow, I never saw that one coming at all.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>For the second week running, Melina has underestimated The Japanese Sensation. Gotta give big props to Hamada tonight.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Teddy Long is sat in his office, going through paper work and looking extremely stressed with everything that is going on. And just as he thought things couldn’t get any worse, in walk the Number One Contenders to the Tag Team Titles, Doug and Danny Basham. The two men stand either side of Teddy, once again trying to intimidate the General Manager.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>Look, I’m busy. What do you want?</em></strong><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Danny:</span> <strong><em>I bet you thought you had it all under control, didn’t you? Face it, Teddy. This place is a mess. And it’s all down to you. One minute it’s Randy Orton intimidating you, then Gregory Helms attacking officials on your watch. You even let Paul Heyman walk in and belittle you.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Doug:</span> <strong><em>Heyman was right last week. You really are a joke. You even tried to hold us back, trying to make sure we never get a shot at the Tag Team Titles. But we got it, Ted. We got what we wanted by beating those meatball munching “Wise Guys”, The F.B.I. And tonight, when we finally win those belts, we’re gonna shove it right in your face. We will make your life a living hell, Teddy.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>You know what, you can say and do whatever you want. Because you will get what’s coming to you, believe that. But let me tell you, I’m not gonna be pushed around. Randy Orton will be dealt with. And tonight, I will deal with Gregory Helms in the middle of that ring. And as for you two, I say this; if you don’t win those title belts tonight, then as god as my witness as long as I am General Manager of Smackdown, you will NEVER get another shot at those belts. Now get the hell out of my office.</em></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The Bashams wore looks of pure disdain as they left Teddy’s office. Long was showing his frustration as he returned to his paperwork.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Looks like things are really starting to get to our General Manager.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Teddy Long has always kept cool under pressure. But there is only so much one man can take.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Prior to the next bout, “Burn in my Light” by Mercy Drive hits, and out steps United States Champion Randy Orton. The crowd instantly throw abuse at The Legend Killer. Orton is not fazed by their words, and takes a seat next to Michael Cole and Tazz. Orton will be a special Guest Commentator for the next match up, which involves his Backlash opponent.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MattHardy2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/WilliamRegal7.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Impact;">Matt Hardy vs. William Regal</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Regal seemed a little off his game, perhaps due to his recent problems with his partner Paul Burchil, who was absent on this night. Hardy however was full of energy since he made his intentions clear concerning Randy Orton, and he really went to town on Regal, getting near fall after near fall. Orton was unimpressed, and buried Hardy throughout the entire match. Hardy was obviously oblivious to it, and continued to control the match. A kick to the gut and a Northern Lights Suplex soon put an end to that, and Regal seemed to have the edge over his opponent for a while. Regal even managed to lock Hardy in the Regal Stretch, but Matt was close enough to the ropes to break the hold. After 10 minutes of back and forth action, Hardy ended it by kicking Regal in the gut before pointing towards Orton and hitting the Twist of Fate for the victory. The message was clear; “At Backlash, this will be you”.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: Matt Hardy</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Hardy’s hand was raised in victory as he continued to stare a hole through the U.S Champ.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>That could very well be in your future, Randy.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Orton:</span> <em>Cole, do the world a favour and shut your mouth. After what I did to Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania, you think I’m gonna have a problem with that idiot in the ring. Hardy’s days are numbered, Michael. Count on it.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Well, Randy, good luck at Backlash.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Orton:</span> <em>I don’t need luck, Tazz. I never have, and I never will.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>A video is played in the arena, as well as to the millions watching at home...</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mHaC5JpbcBA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="mR. k3nN3dY r3tUrn"></iframe></div></div> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" <div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mHaC5JpbcBA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="mR. k3nN3dY r3tUrn"></iframe></div></div> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>The times drawing near, Cole. Mr. Kennedy is returning to Friday Nights. I’m seriously pumped, Cole.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Well, I’m sure he’ll have a lot to say when he does finally return. He always does have a few choice words. Like it or not, Mr. Kennedy is on his way home.</em> </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The camera pans around the arena, taking in the sight of the 9,000 plus fans packed inside the Norfolk Scope. The crowd seem genuinely pumped up. Put there seems to be a small commotion in the crowd. The small commotion suddenly turns into the entire crowd up on their feet, as through the crowd walks ECW General Manager Paul Heyman, followed by Rob Van Dam and The Sandman. The three make their way through the fans and into the front row of the arena, where they all take a seat. The crowd are going wild, with “ECW” chants scattered around the arena. The three sit and chat amongst themselves as the crowd go crazy.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>I thought Teddy told security to keep these rebels out of the arena. That snake Paul Heyman has somehow got his men into the building. This is B.S, Tazz.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>We’ll, what can you do? They’re in the building. Not much point complaining.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>You seem like you don’t even care. These rejects shouldn’t be here. Maybe you wanna join your old running buddies over there.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Watch it. You’re on thin ice, Cole. I’m a Smackdown guy, but they’re all old friends of mine, and I’m sick of you burying them every week. Seriously, don’t piss me off, Cole. I’m warning you.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWE Tag Team Championship:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwetagteam.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JoeyMatthews2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnMorrison2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/DannyBasham.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/DougBasham.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Impact;">MNM © vs. The Basham Brothers</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Melina was obviously absent for this bout after her foiled attack on Hamada earlier in the night, and it showed, as Nitro and Melina really could have used her distraction in this contest. The Bashams were on fire in this match, and controlled a good portion of the contest. Despite the fact that neither of these teams could be considered fan favourites, they managed to keep the audience interested with a very good showing. Doug Basham in particular shone in this one, keeping the fast paced Johnny Nitro on the match with vicious kicks and strikes, and levelled him at one point with a sick looking Brain Buster for a long two count. Nitro managed to get a tag to Joey Mercury, and he took control for a short while, but it was only a matter of time before The Bashams once again gained the upper hand. It really did look like Doug and Danny were going to make good on their promise to win the gold. But they weren’t counting on Nunzio and Tony Mamaluke to come to ringside and cause a distraction. Mamaluke jumped on the apron, distracting the official and allowing Nunzio to enter the ring and hit Doug Basham with the Sicilian Slice. Nunzio soon bailed as Mercury threw Danny Basham from the ring. This left Doug alone, and he soon fell victim to the Snap Shot. Mercury made the cover and got the pinfall, retaining the Tag Titles for himself and Nitro.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: MNM</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The Bashams were furious following the bell, and soon gave chase to the F.B.I. The official entered the ring with the tag titles and were about to hand them to the champs when, from out of nowhere, Brian Kendrick ran into the ring and grabbed the belts from him and quickly bolted from the ring with them. Waiting at the top of the ramp was Paul London, who had a huge grin on his face as Kendrick handed him one of the championship belts, the crowd roaring their approval. The champs were livid in the centre of the ring.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>They stole the titles again, Cole. They did exactly the same thing before Wrestlemania.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>I can’t believe the champs fell for it again. You have to admire the guts of Kendrick and London, coming in and embarrassing the champs the way they have.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>Explain to me how that takes guts, Cole. Really, I’m interested. Idiot.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Another video is played on the big screen, once again promoting the debut of The Straight Edge Superstar...</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/bJC9mZmVIVc?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="(m pUnK d3BuT pR0m0"></iframe></div></div> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" <div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/bJC9mZmVIVc?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="(m pUnK d3BuT pR0m0"></iframe></div></div> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>This CM Punk is a hell of a talent so I hear. I can’t wait to see what he brings to the table.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>He claims to be drug and alcohol free. He says his addiction is competition. And he will sure get plenty of that on Friday Night Smackdown.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>“Can you dig it, Sucka”? The crowd clearly could not, as Booker T and his devious wife Sharmell walk down the ramp and towards the ring. Booker had a ****y swagger in his step as he stepped through the ropes. Sharmell, as always, wore a look of utter contempt for the fans in Norfolk, who were less than welcoming to the couple.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">Booker:</span> <strong><em>You know what, It’s unbelievable that you people look down on me and my wife after everything that low life Bobby Lashley did. He’s the sinner, not us. He lusted over a married woman, a sin that should be punished with execution. And yet you idiots praise him. You treat him like a god. And what do we get? We get nothing but disrespect. Well, not anymore. We punked Lashley out last week. We embarrassed him. He walked up that ramp last week with his head hung low, because he knows that we got him. We hooked him in and we made a fool out of that punk ass fool. So Lashley, why don’t you try to redeem yourself here tonight? Come on down here and gain back just a little self respect. I’ll even give you a free shot. Come on down, Bobby.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Booker awaited Bobby’s arrival, clearly aware that Lashley would not be in the building that night. Booker began shadow boxing, preparing for a fight that clearly wasn’t going to happen.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">Booker:</span> <strong><em>Ladies gentlemen, that is 100% proof that Bobby Lashley is a coward. He’s been shown up for the piece of crap that he truly is. And Lashley, if you have any self respect, you’ll never show your face here again. Now can you dig...</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The light’s in the arena cut out, stopping Booker in mid sentence. The infamous gong hit, and out came Booker T’s opponent for the evening, The Undertaker.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BookerT.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Undertaker3.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Impact;">Booker T vs. The Undertaker</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Booker wasn’t quite so confident when he was stood across the ring from The Deadman. But he managed to hold his own against The Phenom, and managed to keep him on the mat for a good portion of the contest after a Dropkick to the knee sent ‘Taker to the mat. Booker continued to work on the legs of the big man, and even managed to cinch in a Knee Bar, but Undertaker managed to reach the ropes. Try as he might, Booker couldn’t keep his opponent down, and after several attempts, ‘Taker managed to get back to a vertical base and took the fight back to the 5-time WCW Champion. Booker did manage to hit Undertaker in the mid section, and attempted to deliver the Scissor Kick, but The Deadman avoided the move and sent Booker crashing to the mat with a Chokeslam. Undertaker signalled for the Tombstone as the crowd rose to their feet. But the cheers were replaced with jeers as JBL’s running buddy Orlando Jordon entered the ring, clearly on the orders of JBL, and attacked ‘Taker from behind, causing the official to call for the bell.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: The Undertaker</em> (Via DQ)</p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Booker didn’t want any of the carnage that was about to take place, and so he bailed to the back with Sharmell. Jordon was throwing lefts and rights at Undertaker. But The Phenom was unfazed by them, and soon Orlando was being rocked when he was hit with rights and lefts to the jaw, followed by a Big Boot. Undertaker lifted Orlando to his feet, grabbed him around the throat and delivered a brutal Chokeslam. It seemed Undertaker was done as he went to leave the ring. He clearly had second thoughts, getting back into the ring and looking down at Orlando before making the cut throat signal. The fans were going nuts as ‘Taker lifted him up and drilled him with The Tombstone. Undertaker then went to one knee and did his usual pose to the crowds delight.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>Looks like JBL’s plan backfired big time.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>If JBL didn’t get the message before, he damn sure gets it now.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Teddy Long is running through the backstage area and catches up with one of the security guards he spoke to earlier in the night.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>I thought I told you not to let Heyman in the building.</em></strong><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">Security:</span> <strong><em>Sorry, sir. He had a ticket. So did his associates. There was nothing I could do.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>I gave you strict orders. You work for me.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF8C00;">Security:</span> <strong><em>With all due respect, we work for Mr. McMahon. He told us to let them into the building, sir.</em></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Long’s jaw hit the ground before he finally headed towards the ring, his face contorted in anger as we head to commercial.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>We return from commercial, where Teddy Long is stood in the centre of the ring with a microphone in hand. Heyman, RVD and Sandman are on their feet, applauding Smackdown’s General Manager mockingly. Teddy was staring a hole through Heyman as he spoke.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>Heyman, I don’t know what you’re trying to prove or how you got into this building, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to let you and your reprobates ruin this show. So you sit there like every other person in the audience and you enjoy the show, because if you try anything here tonight, I’ll make sure you’re precious ECW goes up in smoke before June comes around. But I’m not out here to talk about you, as much as you would like that. I’m here to address you, Gregory Helms. Last week, you attacked an official after your loss to Super Crazy. It’s about time you learnt a thing or two about respect. So Helms, come out here right now.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>There was a short pause before Helms music finally hit, and out stepped “God’s Gift to Wrestling”. Helms was all smiles as he stepped through the ropes to the jeers of the audience.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span> <strong><em>Helms, who do you think you are? Do you think that you’re above everybody else here on Smackdown? Do you think that you can put your hands on a respected official and not have to deal with the consequences? Well, I don’t know what little fantasy world you live in, Gregory, but in this world people like you get punished. You may think that you can throw your weight around and expect me not to fight back, but you’re wrong. So Gregory, you are hereby suspended without pay until further notice.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>The crowd are pleased with the announcement, and Teddy was hoping for a reaction. But Helms simply smiled at his boss before grabbing the mic from him.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#FF0000;">Helms:</span> <strong><em>Well, you really showed me, “Boss”. Suspended without pay? Wow, I’m hurt. I truly am. Teddy, you don’t seem to understand, do you? I don’t care what you or anybody else thinks of me. You think I need Smackdown? Smackdown needs me. Smackdown would crumble without me. I’m God’s Gift to Wrestling, Teddy. That’s not a cute nickname, that’s cold hard FACT. But Teddy, I’m not gonna be a problem for you anymore. Because I don’t need Smackdown, Teddy. So screw suspending me. Why don’t you fire me Teddy? Send me packing from Smackdown. You don’t seem to appreciate me. These fans sure as hell don’t appreciate me. So why don’t you just let me go. In fact, let me give you a reason to fire me.</em></strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>With that, Helms reared back and slapped Teddy HARD across the face, cauing the audience to let out an audible gasp. Teddy held his face before grabbing the mic back from Helms.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Long:</span><strong><em> If that’s what you want, then consider it granted. Gregory Helms, as of today, you are FIRED from the Smackdown roster. Get the hell out of my ring.</em></strong><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FF0000;">Helms:</span> <strong><em>Teddy, you have no idea how happy that makes me. But I don’t want us to leave like this. So I got you a parting gift. Goodbye, Teddy.</em></strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>Helms pointed behind Teddy. Long turned around, and was struck with the Singapore Cane of The Sandman. The crowd were in shock as Helms took off his ring jacket to reveal an ECW shirt. The two men soon had to hightail it as several Security and even a few Smackdown Superstars ran towards the ring. Helms and Sandman went through the crowd, where Heyman and Van Dam were waiting for them. All four men found the closest exit and fled the building.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#008000;">Cole:</span> <em>I don’t believe it. Gregory Helms has sold his soul to Paul Heyman. What kind of hold does that man have over people? I’m shocked. Heyman is a scumbag. Who the hell does he think he is?</em></p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#9932CC;">Tazz:</span> <em>You know what, screw this.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Tazz shockingly takes off his head set and storms out on Michael Cole, clearly taking offence to his remarks about his former boss a close friend. Cole is left to call the rest of the show on his own.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;">*****</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWE World Heavyweight Championship:</span></strong></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Worldheavyweight.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ReyMysterio3.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpg</span><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/KurtAngle5.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:Impact;">Rey Mysterio © vs. Kurt Angle</span></span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>The fans in Norfolk were clearly on the side of the champion in this contest, with “619” chants echoing throughout the Norfolk Scope. This was a very open contest, with both individuals getting in a decent amount of offence. Angle had learnt from his ‘Mania match, and attempted to keep Mysterio on the ground. But Rey was simply too fast for Angle, and ran circles around the Olympic Gold Medallist. Mysterio finally screwed up, going for a Springboard Cross Body. But Angle was there to catch him in mid air and drive him into the mat with a Belly to Belly Suplex for a close two count. Angle was able to take control, and as expected, went to work and the leg and ankle of the World Heavyweight Champion. Angle did manage to apply the Ankle Lock, but Mysterio immediately jumped for the ropes to break the hold. Mysterio was visibly limping as he tried to mount a comeback, but once again made the mistake of trying to go for a high flying move, but once again paid the price when Angle caught him mid air with the Angle Slam. Angle went for the cover, but Mysterio BARELY got his shoulder off the mat. Angle pulled the straps down, and attempted the Ankle Lock again, but Mysterio somehow managed to send Angle into the ropes and delivered the 619. Rey went up top and hit the Springboard Legdrop for the one...two...thr-NO. Angle JUST gets his shoulder up at two. Rey now becomes frustrated, and one again Dropkicks Kurt into the ropes. Rey attempts the 619, but he is caught by Angle and falls victim to the Ankle Lock. Angle drags Mysterio into the centre of the ring as the crowd will Mysterio to hold on. But Mysterio found the pain too much to bear, and just as he was about tap out, he was saved, as JBL hit the ring and nailed Angle with the Clothesline from Hell. He then began to put the boots on Mysterio as well. For the second week in a row, Mysterio’s World title match is declared a no contest thanks to interference.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Winner: NO CONTEST</em></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>JBL continues to lay waste to Mysterio, and eventually hits him with a Clothesline from Hell. JBL then turns his attention to Angle once again, landing hard kicks to the head. JBL prepared to hit another Clothesline on Angle when the arena lights when out. When they returned, Undertaker was stood in the ring directly behind JBL. Bradshaw turned, and was immediately hit with a Chokeslam as the crowd rose to their feet. Taker looked at the carnage in the ring. He then spotted the World Heavyweight Championship laying in the centre of the ring. He picked it up and looked at the strap, his face emotionless. The show faded with Mysterio looking up at The Undertaker, who was in possession of his World Heavyweight Title.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>-----</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Results:</strong><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Dark Match:</strong></p><p><strong> Finlay over Tony Mamaluke B</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Main Show:</strong></p><p><strong> Mexicools over Pitbulls D+</strong></p><p><strong> Hamada over Jillian Hall D-</strong></p><p><strong> Matt Hardy over William Regal B</strong></p><p><strong> MNM over The Bashams to retain Tag Team Titles B-</strong></p><p><strong> The Undertaker over Booker T via DQ B-</strong></p><p><strong> No Contest between Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio C+</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Show Rating C+</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Predictions:</p><p> MattitudeV2 - 3/6</p><p> Jingo - 5/6</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexperts.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"><strong>Smackdown Rating, Batista news, several Superstars released, Tony Mamaluke</strong></span></span></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>- Smackdown scored an impressive 4.10 on The CW, and a 0.10 on Sky Sports in the UK.</strong><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> - Word has spread that Dave Batista has signed a new 3-year contract with World Wrestling Entertainment. Negotiations were drawn out, as it is believed he wanted a greater share of merchandise revenue, which some in upper management were unsure of. But a deal was eventually struck last night. Batista is currently out injured.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> - WWE.com today announced the release of three superstars, Sylvain Grenier, Shawn Daivari and Scott Taylor. There are rumours that this may not be the last of the releases. More news on this when we receive it.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> - WWE management were impressed by the Dark Match that took place before Smackdown between Finlay and Tony Mamaluke. Mamaluke in particular was said to be very impressive, and could go a long way to securing The F.B.I a more prominent role on WWE TV.</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><a href="http://www.dirtybutton.com/media/db69-owned-santa-claus.jpg" rel="external nofollow"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>---More on Batista Contract extensions. Batista causing more trouble? Click Here---</strong></span></a></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wwewebsite.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TheodoreLong.jpg</span><p> <strong><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';">A Message from Theodore Long</span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24967" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';">As Smackdown General Manager it is my responsibility to ensure that things run smoothly and that I can put together an entertaining product for you, the WWE fans, to enjoy. And, admittedly, things haven't been running as smoothly as I would like. Especially concerning the World Heavyweight Championship scene. In the last two weeks, Rey Mysterio has been willing to put his title on the line against two world class competitors. And both times, they have been declared a No Contest due to interference. Well, it is about time Rey got himself an opponent for Backlash. That is why this coming Friday Night, there will be two matches taking place. Booker T vs. Kurt Angle and John Bradshaw Layfield vs. The Undertaker. The winners of these matches will face off at Backlash for a shot at Mysterio's championship. And the winner of THAT match will face Rey Mysterio in that night's Main Event for the World Heavyweight Championship. Hopefully this will determine a true Number One Contender. I hope you fans enjoy what we put together this Friday Night.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> Oh, and Heyman; it's not over.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> </span></strong></p><div style="text-align:left;"><p><strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';">Theodore Long,</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family:'Book Antiqua';"> Smackdown General Manager</span></strong></p></div><p></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:8px;"><strong><span style="color:#008000;">HOME|SHOPZONE|CONTACT US|CORPORATE</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

RAW Preview

Preview

Hershey, Pennsylvania will be the final stop for RAW before Backlash. And with so much at stake, everybody will be wanting to build momentum going into the event. And this week's Main Event may go along way to building that momentum, as John Cena and Edge are forced to team up to take on Triple H and Tyson Tomko. How will the two men co-exist ahead of there Triple Threat contest at Sunday's Pay Per View? Also on the card, Shawn Michaels will be looking to make a statement ahead of his Steel Cage Match with Shelton Benjamin at Backlash. But he will have his hands full when he takes on a reinvigorated Carlito. And Chavo Guerrero will get a chance to get his hands on Matt Striker, as it will be Chavo and Charlie Haas taking on Striker and "The Idol" Aaron Stevens.

Plus, Trish Stratus will be in action, as will "Mr. Money in the Bank" Rob Van Dam, who is being forced to compete by Eric Bischoff. And you can be sure Paul Heyman and his ECW contingent won't be far behind. With all this and much more, you would be a fool to miss this weeks Monday Night Raw on USA.

Quick Picks:

Edge & John Cena vs. Triple H & Tyson Tomko

Carlito vs. Shawn Michaels

Charlie Haas & Chavo Guerrero vs. Aaron Stevens & Matt Striker

Rob Conway vs. Rob Van Dam

Non-Title Match:

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Eugene & Goldust

Michelle McCool vs. Trish Stratus

Non-Title Match:

Non-Title Match:

Haven't read much of this diary's latest stuff, only the earlier, so I'll see how this one goes..

Non-Title Match:

-Dissension between Edge & Cena leads to their downfall.

-I could see Shelton costing Shawn the match...but I just don't want to see HBK lose to Carlito.

-I see Haas as the least important in the 4 as far as your future plans go, so I'm picking against he & Chavo.

-Mr. MITB lose to The Conman? No way.

Non-Title Match:

-Even non-title, I don't think Eugene & Goldust have a prayer.

-Trish gets warmed up for Backlash.

RAW, Week 4, April 2006

Attendance: 8,874

Announce Team:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JimRoss.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JerryLawler.jpg

Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dgS4ChSiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Raw’s opening video opens the show, followed by the GIANT Centre in Hershey, Pennsylvania coming alive as the pyrotechnics explode before 8,874 fans rise to their feet, ready for another explosive edition of RAW.

Ross: The GIANT Center in Hershey Pennsylvania is packed to the rafters. And they will sure be in for a treat, King.

Lawler: You’re not kidding, JR. Tonight, Edge and John Cena will be forced to team up as they take on “The Game” Triple H and his own personal “Problem Solver” Tyson Tomko. I’m excited just thinking about it.

The Hershey fans exploded, although the reaction was very mixed, as The WWE Champion John Cena made his way out. Cena played to the crowd, with the majority of them cheering for the champ. Cena stepped through the ropes and grabbed a mic from the beautiful Lillian Garcia. It took a while for the fans to settle, but Cena finally began to talk.

Cena: Hershey, Pennsylvania. It’s been a long time since I was here, but man I love it every time I am. But tonight, I stand before you a troubled man. Because our General Manager, Eric Bischoff, has decided to stir things up. He’s decided that the best way for me to prepare for Backlash is for me to team up with one of my opponents on that night, Edge. But Bischoff, I don’t have a problem with teaming up with “The Rated R Superstar”. I love the challenge. But Edge, let me make something crystal clear to you; I’ll have your back tonight against Triple H and Tomko. But I expect the same from you. Whatever you think of me personally has nothing to do with tonight. Tonight is about survival. For the past few months, Triple H and his lapdog Tyson Tomko have painted a bulls eye on my chest, and they have been trying to take me down ever since. Edge, whatever you feel you have to do at Backlash, by all means take your best shot. But tonight, we need to concentrate on Hunter and Tomko. And, I’ll warn you right here and now; if you try to screw me over, I swear to you, you won’t even make it to Backlash.

Cena was soon cut off by his partner in the night’s main event, Edge, who was accompanied by Lita. Edge stood on the entrance way, as far away from Cena as possible.

Edge: Now, I know I didn’t just hear you threaten me did I, John? You’re pathetic, Cena. Let me just remind you of who I am. I’m the man that cashed in my Money in the Bank contract in January and beat YOU for the WWE Championship. And if it wasn’t for Mick Foley, that belt would still be around MY waist. So I sent him packing. And at Wrestlemania, well, you saw what I’m capable of. If I’m willing to do what I did to Foley, can you imagine what I’m willing to do to get my belt back? But I have to admit, for once, I agree with you. We need to forget our differences tonight. Last week that jackass Tomko kicked a tooth out. If Triple H wants to send somebody else to do his dirty work, it looks like I’ll have to take the fight to him. And I guess I’m willing to fight beside you.

Cena: So we have a deal?

Edge never got the chance to answer, as from the crowd came the monster Tyson Tomko. Cena turned around and was levelled with a Big Boot once again. Tomko then began putting the boots to him. Edge looked like he was about to get involved, but instead decided to keep his distance and watch from the stage, a smug look across his face. That look soon disappeared when Triple H nailed Edge from behind with a Steel Chair. Lita quickly backed away as Hunter lifted Edge up and dropped him with The Pedigree on the steel ramp. Tomko looked at his partner from the ring. Triple H looked back, and the two laughed aloud as the fans booed the dastardly duo.

Ross: What condition will Edge and Cena be in when they face these two animals in tonight’s Main Event?

Lawler: Who knows? But they both look to be in pretty bad shape. Who knows if they will even make it to the Main Event?

Non-Title Match:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Eugene.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Goldust.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/LanceCade.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TrevorMurdoch.jpg

Eugene & Goldust vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

This was an extremely close contest, with Eugene....who are we kidding. Cade and Murdoch completely dominated this match from start to finish, with Lance Cade looking a particular threat. Goldust attempted to mount a comeback, but the World Tag Team Champions were simplt too much for them. They ended the contest quickly, hitting Eugene with the Sweet and Sour for the easy victory.

Winners: Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

With the match over, the champions tossed their victims to the outside before Murdoch grabbed a microphone from ringside.

Murdoch: We made the challenge last week for ANY two men to face us at Backlash this Sunday Night. And guess what? Nobody has stepped up and accepted our challenge. It just goes to prove what we have said all along. There isn’t a team alive today who can beat us. We are the greatest living tag team in the world. We don’t need fancy clothes and red carpets like those pretty boys over on Smackdown. We do our talking in the ring. And that is why we haven’t had our challenge accepted. So the offer still stands. At Backlash, anybody with the guts to lace up their boots and step into our ring gets a shot at these pretty little belts here. But just so you know, this isn’t an opportunity for you to show the world just how great you are. This is an opportunity for Cade and myself to show the world just how great WE are. We earned these belts. We own these belts. And at Backlash, we will KEEP these belts. Ain’t that the truth?

Murdoch drops the mic and grabs his title belt. The Hershey fans bombarded the champs with “You Suck” chants as they both hold their titles high in the air.

Ross: Strong words from the World Tag Team Champions, and as much as I hate to admit it, they are indeed one of the best Tag Teams in the world right now.

Lawler: I have to agree with you. And you really have to wonder who, if anyone, will step up to the plate at Backlash and try to claim those titles.

Rob Van Dam is backstage lacing up his boots, preparing for his match later in the evening. He is surrounded by his “family”, Paul Heyman, The Sandman and new ECW Member Gregory Helms. Heyman seems slightly worried about RVD’s match tonight.

Heyman: Something is wrong Rob, I’m telling you.

RVD: Paul, don’t sweat it. It’s just a match against Rob...what’s his name again?

Sandman: Conway.

RVD: That’s him. What’s the worst that could happen?

Heyman: Look, I know you think you can handle this, but I know Eric Bischoff. I know how his mind works. There is more to this match than just a routine contest. He’s got something up his sleeve.

RVD: Paul, calm down, dude. Everything’s cool. I got my two boys here to watch my back if anything goes down. You worry too much. We’re in Pennsylvania. This is where Extreme was born, dude. Just take it easy, you’re gonna give yourself a heart attack.

Heyman: I just want everything to go smoothly for when we return in June. It’s not very often you get a second chance. We’ve got ours, and I don’t wanna blow it.

RVD: Trust me, everything will be fine. I promise.

With that, RVD left the locker room, followed by Sandman, Helms and a paranoid Paul Heyman.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MichelleMcCool.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TrishStratus.jpg

A walk in the park this was not for Trish, as Aaron Stevens’ valet proved that she is as tough as nails, taking it to Stratus in the early going. Trish wasn’t prepared from the onslaught by McCool, and was almost victim to a huge upset victory when McCool nailed Trish with a Brain Buster type manoeuvre, but Trish used the ropes to break the count, a veteran move by the former Woman’s Champion. Trish finally managed to fight her way back into it, and looked close to victory. But she was distracted by Mickie James, who slowly made her way down the ramp, the Woman’s Title draped over her shoulder, and a blank expression on her face. Trish did manage to recompose herself and finish McCool off with the Stratusfaction for the three count.

Winner: Trish Stratus

The official raised the hand of Trish Stratus, but her eyes were firmly locked onto Mickie James, who slowly made her way towards the ring. Trish was begging her to get into the ring, almost salivating at the thought of getting her hands on Mickie. James climbed onto the apron, but seemed to have second thoughts before jumping off, much to the fans annoyance. But the fans soon came alive again as Victoria came sprinting down the aisle and hit Mickie from behind, sending her crashing into the apron. Victoria was furious after Mickie’s constant attacks on her in the past few weeks, and she went to work with lefts and rights on the floor, rocking the Women’s Champion. Trish decided to try to calm Victoria down, attempting to pull her off of Mickie. But she was in for a surprise as Victoria knocked her to the ground with a big right hand before going back to work on Mickie. Eventually it took a team of officials to finally pry her away from the champ, being dragged away kicking and screaming. In the midst of all of this, McCool was sat in the corner of the ring, watching the entire scene unfold.

Ross: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and Victoria is living proof of that.

Lawler: I’ve never seen Mickie take a beating like that. Even Trish got a right hand for her troubles. How will all this affect the title match at Backlash?

Jonathan Coachman is stood backstage preparing to interview HBK’s opponent for the evening.

Coachman: At this time I am joined by Shawn Michaels opponent for tonight, Carlito. And Carlito...

Carlito: Coach, do me a favour and shut your mouth. Nobody cares what you have to say. They care about me. And it’s all about me, Coach. Ever since I sent that useless piece of garbage Chris Masters packing, I have made a vow to myself. I’m not gonna be held back any longer. I’m not going to let other people dictate my career path for me. It’s time for Carlito to make an impact. And I do it tonight by beating the Has-Been Kid Shawn Michaels. Shawn, you’re an icon in this business. But you’re time is past. And now it’s time for me to step into the spotlight. It’s time to do things my way......Carlito’s way. And that....that’s cool.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RobConway.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/RobVanDam.jpg

Rob Conway’s return to Monday Night Raw was a short one, as Van Dam was in control for the majority of this match. The Pennsylvania crowd were red hot for Van Dam, and a huge “ECW” chant rang out, which wasn’t surprising seeing as Pennsylvania was the birthplace of extreme. Conway did show promise, and managed to cause some trouble for Mr. Money in the Bank, but the outcome was never really in any doubt. Van Dam ended the bout quickly with the Five Star Frog Splash for the win.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

The crowd came alive as Van Dam celebrated his victory in the ring. But the celebrations were cut short when Eric Bischoff appeared on the stage, and he was joined by the monstrous Big Show. Bischoff pointed towards the ring, and Big Show made his way towards Van Dam, clearly following orders from the General Manager. Van Dam was prepared, and put the boots to The Big Show as he entered the ring. But Show’s size and power came into play as he swatted Van Dam away like a fly. Show began going to work on RVD, and grabbed him around the throat, preparing for the Chokeslam. But he was soon stopped when The Sandman entered and levelled Big Show with a Singapore Cane. Big Show seemed to shake it off and land a Headbutt on The Hardcore Icon, sending him to the mat. Gregory Helms looked to enter the ring, but thought better of it and stayed on the outside. Big Show was about to return to beating on RVD when two familiar ECW faces entered through the crowd...

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/BallsMahoney8.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Sabu.jpg

Big Show turned around and was hit HARD across the head with a Steel Chair by “The Chair Swinging Freak” Balls Mahoney. He tossed the chair to Sabu, who immediately threw the chair into the face of the Big Show, sending him to the mat and rolling out of the ring. Much like what happened on Smackdown, several members of security and the RAW roster came charging to the ring, and the ECW contingent headed through the crowd to avoid the confrontation. But they had made their point, and celebrated in the crowd as “ECW” chants rang out.

Ross: They did it again. I hate to admit it, but ECW may be a very dangerous force.

Lawler: McMahon must have had a bump on the head when he decided to bring ECW back.

The mood drastically changed when we returned from commercial as “No Chance in Hell” hit the speakers, and WWE Chairman Vince McMahon made his way towards the ring for the first time in several weeks. The crowds disdain for him hadn’t changed, as he was jeered relentlessly. McMahon took a mic from ringside.

McMahon: We’ll it’s nice to know that you missed me, thank you. I’ve had a lot of personal things that needed taking care of these past few weeks, but that’s all cleared up. But it’s also given me a few weeks to think about things. To think about what has been happening between myself and Shawn Michaels. And the more I’ve had time to sit and think about it, the more I want to see you destroyed. I keep finding more and more things that I despise about you. Everything about you makes my skin crawl. You’re like this annoying itch that just won’t go away. I’ve tried everything, and yet here you are. Still giving me headaches week after week after week. Shawn, Backlash will be the final chapter. Because not only will you be in a Steel Cage; you will be locked inside that cage against a man fighting for his very career. Shelton, I told you that if you don’t finish Michaels off at Backlash, I will send you to the unemployment line. And all the phone calls and e-mails you have sent me these past few weeks won’t change my mind. This is your final shot to impress me. I won’t settle for...

McMahon was cut off by the theme of Shelton Benjamin. He stormed towards the ring, his face a mask of fear and worry as he steps into the ring, mic in hand.

Benjamin: Mr. McMahon, please you have to reconsider this. I can’t lose this job. Without this job I’ve got nothing. This is everything to me. You have to...

McMahon: Shelton, stop. You sound pathetic. I gave you a simple instruction at Wrestlemania; finish Shawn Michaels off once and for all. And you didn’t do it. So it seems the only way to motivate you is to put something of yours on the line. It’s really simple; end Shawn Michaels career, and you keep your job. You fail, and you’re fired. It’s that simple. If you don’t think you can do it, maybe I should send you packing right now.

Benjamin: Wait, wait..... I can do it, Mr McMahon. I promise you I can do it. At Backlash, I will END Shawn Michaels career. The last image that these people will have of The Heartbreak Kid is him being carted out of the ring on a stretcher. If that’s what I have to do to keep my job, then that is what I will do. I won’t let you down.

McMahon: Good. Because if you don’t end Shawn Michaels career at Backlash, then I will end YOURS.

The panic in Benjamin’s eyes was evident for all to see as McMahon left the ring to more jeers from the Hershey fans.

Ross: They will be fighting for their very lives in that Steel Cage in six days time. This is about survival for both Shelton and Michaels when they face off for the Intercontinental title.

Lawler: This is about so much more than the Intercontinental Title, JR. This is about their livelihood.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Carlito2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ShawnMichaels2.jpg

HBK seemed fired up tonight, McMahons words clearly setting off a spark in Michaels. But Carlito wasn’t to be outdone, and actually took control of the contest early on, grounding Michaels and working on the lower back, a well known problem area for HBK. Carlito was wearing the back down in preparation for hitting the Back Stabber. But Michaels fired back at Carlito with chops and fists, reeling The Caribbean Superstar. But a quick Dropkick to the knee soon put the ball back in Carlito’s court. Carlito had Michaels screaming out in pain as he locked him in a Boston crab, but the veteran Michaels dragged himself to the ropes to break the hold. Michaels did finally mount a comeback landing more rights and lefts before heading to the top and delivering the Diving Elbow, and finally he managed to hit Carlito with the Sweet Chin Music, but Carlito SOMEHOW got the shoulder up at two. Michaels was stunned, but kept his composure and hit the move for a second time, finally knocking Carlito out. HBK made the cover and got the three count for the victory.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

With the victory in the bag, Michaels decides to take a mic from ringside to address McMahon and Benjamin.

Michaels: So, Backlash is gonna be HBK’s swan song. Vinnie, me and you have never seen eye to eye. Quite frankly, it makes you sick that I became the star that I did. Hell, I gave you a heart attack pretty much every day of the week back in the nineties. But you couldn’t get rid of me because when all was said and done, you needed me. And in truth, I needed you. But times have changed, and the fact is, I’m not obsessed with power. I don’t need to be in the spotlight anymore, Vince. Those days are gone. I have a wife and child at home who miss me. So if this is my final farewell, then so be it. But although I may not need this job, I love it. I love performing. And I intend to continue to do it until I can’t do it any longer. So Shelton, I look forward to meeting you at Backlash. Because I intend to walk away...

Michaels was so caught up in addressing Shelton and McMahon that he didn’t hear Carlito come up from behind and hit the Back Stabber. The fans were hot at Carlito’s actions. Shelton Benjamin appeared on the ramp way, which is where he stayed as Carlito took a bite of his apple and spat it in the eyes of HBK much to the fans disgust. Benjamin seemed a lot more composed the he was earlier in the night, and even had a slight smile on his face as Carlito looked down at the fallen Michaels.

Ross: Will that be the last image we have of HBK this Sunday at Backlash?

Lawler: Shelton’s job will be on the line, so you have to believe he will do whatever it takes to walk out victorious, and that includes ending Shawn Michaels illustrious career.

Coachman is stood backstage once again, this time with the largest athlete in the world.

Coachman: Jonathan Coachman here with The Big Show. And Big Show, after seeing what happened earlier tonight, we have to ask what your relationship is with our General Manager Eric Bischoff?

Show: Don’t even speculate, Coach, because there is no relationship. You see, after what I did to Kane a few weeks back, I finally came to a realisation. And that realisation is I have a gift. A true gift. I am a legitimate giant, Coach. I can destroy anything and anyone in my path. So, why not put it to good use? So when Bischoff asked for my help, I was more than happy. But it came at a price. $1000 to be exact. And I’ll do it for anybody else. So I’m throwing the offer out there; if you have the cash, then you have my attention. Anything you need, just show me the green and I’m yours. I really don’t know why I didn’t think of it before. I’m gonna be rich, Coach....oh, by the way, ECW. Don’t think what you did tonight will go unpunished. I’m gonna take you out before you even get started. And that one, I’ll do for free.

The cameras head quickly to the locker rooms where road agents are trying to pull John Cena away from Edge. It is unknown what the problem between the two is, although it seems Cena may be upset that Edge wasn’t there to help him earlier in the night after the attack by Tomko. Edge is screaming at Cena, but is luckily held back by Lita, who tries to calm him down before their tag team Main Event later in the evening.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/AaronStevens2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/MattStriker2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/CharlieHaas2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/ChavoGuerrero2.jpg

Aaron Stevens & Matt Striker vs. Charlie Haas & Chavo Guerrero

These two makeshift teams actually worked surprisingly well with each other. Haas and Guerrero in particular seemed to gel very well. Striker seemed to try his best to make sure he wasn’t in the ring at the same time as Guerrero, and so “The Idol” spent the majority of the match in the ring for his team. And he held his own surprisingly well against the experienced Guerrero. But Chavo and Haas seemed to have the rookie under control. That is until Haas hit Chavo with a Dropkick accidentally, giving Stevens a chance to take control of the match. And it seemed Stevens was about to shock the world by defeating Guerrero. But as he went to hit The Hollywood Star, the infamous ”WOOOO” spread through the arena as Ric Flair sprinted towards the ring. Stevens quickly tagged Striker before bolting into the crowd, where Flair quickly followed, chasing Stevens to the backstage area. This left Striker on the apron looking scared and confused. Chavo thought this may have been his chance to finally get his hands on Striker. But it wasn’t to be, as he decided to cut his losses, jumping off the apron and headed to the back. The fans were furious as the official made a ten count and called for the bell.

Winners: Charlie Haas & Chavo Guerrero (Via Count Out)

The fans in Pennsylvania were far from happy with the outcome, as was Chavo who grabbed a mic from ringside.

Chavo: Striker, don’t think you can run from me. At Backlash, I end this once and for all. Six days, Striker. Six days.

Chavo drops the mic as the crowd roar their approval. Striker backed his way up the ramp as Chavo looked on with pure hatred in his eyes.

Lawler: Have you ever seen Chavo Guerrero as fired up as he is right now?

Ross: I don’t think I have, King. Striker may be in for a world of hurt in six days at Backlash.

Backstage we see Aaron Stevens running through the backstage area, followed closely by “The Nature Boy” who was wielding a lead pipe as he chased after “The Idol”. Stevens finally made it to the parking lot, where Michelle McCool was waiting in their limousine for him. Stevens literally jumped through the window before the vehicle drove off. Flair managed to take one of the windows out with the pipe before it disappeared into the night. Flair ripped off his jacket, his face red with fury.

The cameras catch a shot of Triple H and Tyson Tomko making their way towards the arena entrance, ready to do battle with Edge and John Cena. The two were all smiles and seemed to be on the same page, which is more than can be said for their opponents.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Edge.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/JohnCena.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/versus2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/TripleH2.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/Tomko.jpg

The tension in the corner of Edge and Cena could be cut with a knife, with neither man really wanting to make the tag to their partner. Triple H and Tomko took advantage of this fact, and went to work on punishing John Cena, keeping him away from Edge. As usual, Triple H stood by and let Tomko do most of the work, using pure power to keep the champ grounded. Cena attempted to fight back and crawl back to his corner, but Edge made no attempt to get the tag, and Cena was quickly cut off. With Cena in trouble, Triple H decided now was the time to make his mark, getting the tag and immediately going for The Pedigree. But Cena powered out with a Back Body Drop. The champ finally made the tag to Edge, who reluctantly got in the ring and took it to both Hunter and Tomko as Cena tried to pull himself up in the corner of the ring. Edge had “The Game” rocking, and after several minutes was set to hit a Spear. Edge sprinted towards Triple H, who side stepped Edge, sending him crashing into his own partner. Edge turned around and walked right into a boot to the gut by Triple H. Hunter hooked the arms for The Pedigree, but was once again stopped with a Back Body Drop. But Edge was immediately dropped with a Big Boot by Tyson Tomko. Edge was out cold as Triple H was dragged onto the lifeless body of Edge by Tomko. The official made the three count, and Triple H picks up the victory.

Winners: Triple H and Tyson Tomko

The crowed bombard Hunter and Tomko with abuse as they leave the ring. The “You Suck” chants are absolutely deafening as they head up the ramp. But they both turn and look towards the ring just as Edge and Cena finally get to their feet. Cena makes the first move, swinging at “The Rated R Superstar”. Before long, the two are tearing violently at each other as officials, road agents and security rush the ring to separate the two. Tomko and Triple H are all smiles as they watch the two men rip into each other.

Ross: It’s absolute chaos here in Pennsylvania. Is this a taste of things to come at Backlash?

The show fades to black with officials still trying desperately to separate the two men.

-----

Results:

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch over Eugene & Goldust C

Trish Stratus over Michelle McCool D

Rob Van Dam over Rob Conway C

Shawn Michaels over Carlito B

Charlie Haas & Chavo Guerrero over Aaron Stevens & Matt Striker C+

Triple H & Tyson Tomko over Edge & John Cena B-

Show Rating: B-

Predictions:

Jingo - 4/6

FlameSnoopy - 5/6

MattitudeV2 - 4/6

The Final Countdown - 5/6

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/wrestlexperts.jpg

RAW Rating, Haas & Chavo, Cade and Murdoch's Mystery Opponents for Backlash

-RAW scored a 3.89 on USA this week, as well as a 0.11 in the U.K on Sky Sports.

- Management were apparently pleasantly surprised by how well Charlie Haas and Chavo Guerrero gelled as a team on Raw this week. There have been rumblings that they may team up on a permanent basis in the future, although this has yet to be confirmed. Many feel this will not be the case, as Vince McMahon as well as his Head Booker seem to have bigger plans for Guerrero.

- Although unconfirmed at this point, the general feeling is that Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch's opponents at Backlash will NOT be a team currently on the roster, which leads some to suggest that there may be a team bought in from OVW. This is another indication that management are intent on rebuilding the Tag Team scene on Raw, which has become somewhat thin.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/jwforever316a/smackdownbanner.jpg

Preview

The American Bank Center in Corpus Christi will be the final stop before Backlash this Sunday. And, as announced on WWE.com last week, General Manager Theodore Long has booked a Mini-Tournament to crown a new Number One Contender for Rey Mysterio's Title. First up, Booker T will do battle with Olympic Gold Medallist Kurt Angle. And later in the evening, John Bradshaw Layfield will face his Wrestlemania opponent, The Undertaker. The winner of those matches will compete at Backlash, with the winner of THAT match going on to face Mysterio for the Title in the Main Event. Also, Super Crazy will defend his Cruiserweight Title against one half of The Pitbulls, Kid Kash. And Johnny Nitro will be looking for revenge after London and Kendrick once again stole the title belts on last weeks edition of Smackdown, as he faces off with Paul London.

Plus, The F.B.I will be in action, as will Randy Orton's Backlash Opponent, Matt Hardy. Backlash is just around the corner, and tempers are sure to fly on this edition of Friday Night Smackdown, so make sure you don't miss a second on The CW Network.

Quick Picks:

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. The Undertaker

Booker T vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Cruiserweight Championship:

Super Crazy © vs. Kid Kash

Finlay vs. Matt Hardy

Johnny Nitro vs. Paul London

No Disqualification Match:

The Bashams vs. The F.B.I

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. The Undertaker

Booker T vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: