Livin' In the Spotlight: Story of Anthony Ostheim (C-Verse)

Synticha

Hello! My name is Anthony Ostheim and I'm from Berlin, Germany. I grew up happily and healthy. I have a happy and small family. I'm the only child and my mother died last year to cancer. Couple of months ago I started training wrestling in the nearby dojo. Now I'm ready to show everyone that what I'm made of. Wrestling world, HERE I COME!

Basic Info:

Name: Anthony Ostheim

Nationality: Germanese

Size: Middleweight

Style: Technician

(Ok, this is my first WS diary. I planned on doing this on WS 1 but then I decided to do it with this one... Enjoy!)

Startin' Out!

Me and my wrestling coach were sitting on the apron of the dojo's ring. We talked about the moves I should use. We decided that I should use a lot of submissions and other technical moves. We also thought about my finisher moves. I decided to use my personal favorite, Lariat Clothesline and Scorpion Deathlock. Now I'm of to look for possible promotions to fight in...

I contacted two UK promotions which were 21st Century Wrestling and Ring of Fire. It's a shame that there isn't a promotion in Germany as now I have to move away to UK. I made verbal deals with both, 21CW and ROF. Now I need to wait for my first match which may even be in this month as in the Wednesday of week 3, 21CW is going to hold a show. And on Thursday of week 3, ROF is going to have a show. Keeping my thumbs up!

Gurgh!

Goddammit... I was sitting on my couch when I got a call from 21CW. They said that I don't have a match this month. I wasn't very happy but I hope that I get to fight in ROF next week. Then I got the call from ROF. They said that they had booked this month's show before I joined them. "Tough luck and bye bye." I said. The Bill Cosby show came from TV... I had to turn it off. Bill Cosby sucks!

Got a call from both 21CW and ROF. 21CW guy told me that next show is in Tuesday of week 2. He said that I'd better be there. Does that mean that I get to have my first match? The ROF guy said that they have show in Week 4.

Yai!

I entered the 21CW locker room. A guy with blonde hair came to me and said "Welcome to 21CW my friend! I'm Keith Adams. What is your name?" "Anthony Ostheim." I mumbled to him and then he answered to me "Now go meet the rest of the boys and get ready for your match! So I went to speak with other guys like Rod "The God" Todd and Pit Bull Brown. I met my opponent who was a guy called Davey Celtic. He's young like me and a more experienced wrestler than me. I hope that we can have a good match.

Anthony Ostheim vs. Davey Celtic

@ 21CW: We Die Young, Tuesday, Week 2, July 2006 in Midlands (UK)

DING DING DING!

The match began with me giving Davey a punch to the face. I tried to punch him again but he moved and I missed. Davey took a grip of my head and tried to do a side headlock but I slipped out of it and tried to kick him to the thigh. Davey jumped over my kick and hit me with a punch followed with a kick to gut which I dodged and I regained control. I tried to do a snap suplex but Davey blocked it so I took some speed and gave him a running clothesline. I locked the arm bar but soon Davey got out of it but I managed to keep the control. I tried to do a legdrop to Davey's arm but he moved out of the way and I landed to the ground on my butt. I got up and Davey gave me a knife edge chop followed by a running clotheline from him. He picked me up and did a side headlock. I got out and he tried to punch me but he missed after I moved out of the way. I hit a punch flurry and he fell to the ground. I made him a surfboard lock and kept him there for a while. Then I picked him up from behind and made him a reserve DDT neckbreaker. I tried to lock him to a STF but he blocked it. Then I gave him a legdrop to arm to keep him down. I tried to do another STF but now he slipped out of it and hit me with a running clothesline. He picked me up from behind and tried to do a running bulldog but I slipped out of it and now I was behind him. I tried to do a german suplex but Davey managed to slip out of my hold. He ran towards me tried to hit my face with his knee but I moved out of the way and hit him with a twisting elbow blow to the jaw! I pinned him! 1-2-Kick out! We both got up and I tried to hit him with a lariat clothesline but he moved out of the way and when I rebounded back, he hit me with a dropkick. He picked me up and tried to do a twisting neckbreaker but I slipped behind him. I grapped him and made a german suplex with a pin! 1-2-NO! Davey kicked out. He got up and I tried to do a Lariat but Davey countered it with a clothesline. He did a splash and picked me up. Again he tried to hit me with a running knee lift but I managed to move out of the way. I took a side headlock to slow him down and I tried to follow it with a kick to thigh but he moved out of the way and hit me with a twisting neckbreaker. He tried to lock me into camel clutch but I slipped out of the way and tried to hit him with the lariat but once again he countered it with a dropkick. He picked me up from behind and he tried to do me a running bulldog but I slipped out of it and got behind him. I took a grip from his head and tried to do lifting reverse DDT but Davey slipped out of it and now he was behind me. He climbed up the turnbuckle and hit me with a flying clothesline. 1-2-Kick out! Small package from Davey! 1-2-No! He picked me up and tried to do the stunning face crusher but I broke his hold and took the control. I tried to do him the top wrist lock but he slipped out of it and tried to do a stunning face crusher but again I managed to break it. I did an arm wringer to think a bit about my strategy. I irish whipped him to the ropes and I tried to do a twisting spinebuster but he blocked it. I kicked him to gut and gave him a spinebuster. Then I managed to lock the scorpion deathlock! It's still locked in! The referee called the bell! I WON!

Winner by Submission in 9:30, Anthony Ostheim.

Match rating: C-

Sweet! Pit Bull Brown and couple of other guys in the 21CW locker room congratulated me after a quality match. I was so happy and very glad that I got a good reception in the ring even tought that I'm a heel. Tyler Parker (The owner of 21CW) came to me and said "Good work! You can come to our next show and I'm pretty sure that we can give you a match!" I thanked him and thought about that how lucky I am to get to work in 21CW! Now I started to wait to the RoF card to come out so I could know that do I have a match...

Hmm... Let see. They finally put up the card of RoF: Face The Hangman.

Stevie Stoat vs. British Samurai

UK Dragon vs. bla blaa...

Where the hell am I? Come on! They didn't give me a match. I called the owner of RoF and he said that I need to get a bit more popularity to fight in there... This is bullsh*it! Well, now I can train for my possible match(es) next month... I wish I would get to fight in a promotion with weekly shows...

(OOC: Btw, do you like the current match style I use or should I something else?)

I decided to show you the starting skills of my character so that we'll see how my skills raise during my career. If you wish me to tell how's things in world from time to time, just tell me!

The Rumble Skills:

Brawling: F

Power: F

Strong Style: F

Hardcore: F

MMA: F

The Technical Skills:

Mat Wrestling: C

Chain Wrestling: C-

Submissions: C-

The Flying Skills:

Aerial: F

Flashiness: F

The Entertainment Skills:

Michrophone: F

Charisma: F

Acting: F

Looks: F

Star Quality: C-

The Performance Skills:

Basics: C-

Psychology: C-

Safety: C-

Consistency: C-

Selling: F

The Physical Skills:

Athleticism: E

Toughness: E

Stamina: D

The Backstage Skills:

Business: F

Booking: F

Respect: F

The Other Skills:

Intensity: F

Stiffness: F

Resilience: A*

Menace: F

Refereeing: F

Spirit: F

Should I just resign from RoF... Three months from the signing and still no match. They ditched me again this month and now I'm getting pissed... I hope that 21CW will have me some quality time or I'll be mad as hell!

So... No luck this month for me, eh? Sum guy from 21CW called me and said that they don't need me this month. If I won't get match next month I'll be pretty much pissed off for the rest of my "long" career! Maybe I should seek jobs from the other side of the ocean...

---

New month and I'm getting ready to see that does either, RoF or 21CW respect my help this month. I doubt it highly!

Another happy day for me... No luck in RoF... If I won't get a match this month, I'll need to contact MAW or some other promotion in USA for a job!

Call from 21CW... I get a rematch against Davey Celtic! Gotta get my thighs and boots to my bag and get ready as the match is tomorrow!

---

I entered the locker room and Davey came to me immidiately. We started to speak about the match and that how are we going to end it. Kevin Jordan brought a paper from the booker which told us the winner of the match. We were ready and soon it was time for my entrance...

@ 21CW: Private World, Tuesday, Week 3, Septemper 2006 in Midlands (UK)

The match started with Davey's particulary stiff Running Clothesline which he followed by picking me up from behind. He did me a school boy, 1-Kick Out! He continued with a kick to gut and then he hit me with another Clothesline. He applied the Rear Chinlock but I soon managed to break free. He took some speed and jumped in the air, trying to splash on me but I moved out of the way. I picked him up and I tried to hit him but he managed to move out of the way and he took speed and tried to hit me with a Running Knee Lift but he missed me and I regained the control. I kicked him to the gut and I then did him a Arm Wringer with a Smash to the arm. I kicked him to the gut and hit him with a single arm DDT and I tried to applie the STF but he slipped out of it and he tried to hit me with a piledriver but I broke his hold. I whipped him to the ropes and hit him with a hip toss follewed by a Figure Four Leglock which he blocked so I decided to pick him up. I lifted him to a regular suplext but then I decided to slingshot him from the ropes to get extra velocity. I tried to pin him! 1-2-No! I hit him with a discus punch and I applied the Scorpion Deathlock! I holded it and holded it but after a long struggle he managed to get out of it. I waited for him to get up and I tried to do him an Arm Wringer but he broke my hold and hit me with a DDT. He took speed from the ropes and tried to splash on me but I moved out of the way. We both got up and I hit him with a punch just to get a bit of time to think. I whipped him to the ropes and I got ready to hit him with a Twsting Spinebuster but he managed to block it so I tried to kick him but he moved out of the way and he tried to get me to Small Package but I slipped out of it and my Lifting Reverse DDT hit! 1-2-3! That's it!

Winner by Pinfall in 6:10, Anthony Ostheim.

Match rating: C

Let's see. 21CW has informed that their show'll be held in Saturday of week 2 as RoF's show will be on the Thursday of week 3... It's good that I have a lot of free time to train as after my last fight I realised that how bad my stamina is! I've also decided to get a bit more power as I need it to do some nicer moves. Waiting for 21CW and RoF to release their cards...

So, 21CW has released their card and it seems that I once again meet Davey Celtic in a match. Haven't they heard that booking the same match over and over again is a bad thing? What a fools... But hey! Atleast I get a match.

I got a call from Davey and he asked that do I want to go for a drink. I said "Of course, where and when?". He told that we can meet at his place tomorrow and the we'll go on from there...

We had great time and I could say that we're friends now. Great feeling as I just got my first friend in he at the UK! I now start my trip to the 21CW event!

@ 21CW: The Final Swansong, Saturday of Week 2, October 2006 In Midlands (UK)

Immidiately after the ringing of the bell I took a good grip of Davey's arm and I applied the Arm Wringer which I followed with a Elbow Blow but he managed to counter it with a Knife Edge Chop. He hit me with another Chop and then he punched me to the face and he applied the Side Headlock. He threw me to the ropes and gave me a Running Clothesline. He picked me up and took some speed from the ropes. He hit the Running Knee Lift and I was down again. He picked me up from behind and hit me with a Neckbreaker followed by a Splash. He picked me up and made a Small Package. 1-2-Kick out! He picked me up and tried to hit me with a Stunning Face Crushed but I broke his hold and I whipped him to the ropes. I gave him a Clothesline and I applied the Surfboard hold. I picked him up and hit him with a Bionic Elbow followed by a Bow And Arrow Lock. I applied the Rear Seated Chinlock and I tried to pick him up but he fought back and he took a Side Headlock and tried to do the Small Package but I slipped out of it and I hit him with a Single Arm DDT. I picked him up and tried to Kick him to the Gut but he moved out of the way and he gave me a Stunning Face Crusher. 1-2-3, DAMN!

Winner by Pinfall: Davey Celtic in 4:50

Match Rating: E

The writings are okay.

A few thoughts:

1) Don't get discouraged if you don't get booked. You are probably starting out with an opener push and they'll try to fit you in when they can.

2) Don't worry if you keep facing the same person over and over, that's normal because you will be mostly facing wrestlers from your "push" and the next one in line. In an opener's case, the opener will mostly face the enhancement talents, lower midcarders and midcarders. The more you win, the more popular you will become and that is the main thing the head booker will look at when creating cards and "promoting" wrestlers further in the card.

3) I suggest improving the wrestler by building up the technical, performance and entertainment skills, especially the charisma and stamina.

4) Please don't use yellow. It's very hard to see with some backgrounds, like white.

Good luck and have fun in your wrestling universe.

Archived