Any Advice for Running in Japan?

I'm about to try running NJPW or AJPW in DOTT and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what types of angles and stroylines to use, if any? I notice when the CPU runs them there are never any angles at all so what's the best way to promote upcomming matches?

Also, how strict with TEW be about waiting to push someone until they are 32?

Never played as either in DOTT, though its always been tempting. Taking a look at their product... looks decently similar to Burning Hammer and PGHW in the C-Verse. These are more of suggestions, as I can't guarantee they will work with promotions I haven't used...

-use Call in Ring where possible. I also believe fans will want clean finishes, but I'm not certain on that.

-as Kohral says, the Young Lion system isn't about age. Its about Respect. Their Personal information woudl tell if a worker is still considered a Young Lion or not.

-both promotions have the match-angle ration at 90%, so you can use angles. I would use them minimally and with main eventers. Things like extended "getting ready and walking out" sequences for the main event or some post-match chaos.

-using unchained storylines is probably the best plan, as both promotions did feature feuds. Some of those feuds could play out over years.

-the Modern the NJPW product setting should allow the use of super juniors. AJPW does not have that and really did not feature the super juniors, at least not at that point.

IIRC, in DOTT you won't use Angles, Gimmicks, or Heel/Face in either New Japan or All Japan. For New Japan you'll want to decide early on whether you want to focus on the Juniors or the Heavyweights. You can try to balance them, but at the end of the day you'll need to choose. For All Japan it's pretty much set in stone that you'll use heavyweights. What with Tsuruta, Baba, and Tenryu being there and all. Also, try to use clean finishes. A lot. As in all the time practically.

IFor New Japan you'll want to decide early on whether you want to focus on the Juniors or the Heavyweights. You can try to balance them, but at the end of the day you'll need to choose.

I couldn't disagree more. I ALWAYS build both. I don't see why you can't and/or wouldn't and would force yourself to decide between them.

You want Clean Finishes, which is actually wrong compared to real life, NJPW more so then AJPW especially and ESPECIALLY where Inoki was involved had a lot of double count out, double DQ, etc finishes. How many Inoki vs Singh no contests where there in their 17 gajillion match series. But it seems impossible to get product settings right to properly simulate everything else AND allow cheap finishes.

You can have gimmicks but the fans wont be too keen on it even if it's the simplest of the simplest gimmick.

Keep the risk LOW, in every area, No high risk matches no highly risky angles.

Hire and use your wrestlers with actual wrestling skill.

For young Lions in NJPW if I remember correctly starting roster Young Lions consist of The British Bulldogs and that's it. And it's D- they have to get to before they are no longer considered Young Lions.

EDIT: Someone mentioned heel divide I wouldn't ignore it completely as NJPW and AJPW are set to Medium divide. That's also a bit of a misnomer as there is a face/heel divide in NJPW it just gets blurred by the fact that the fans will cheer for the heels for a good showing and the fact that they use stables to great effect, so it seems like less of a face/heel thing but really it's a stable divide, stables (unless during tournaments) don't fight within themselves generally. However one stable will do battle with another stable regardless of alignment. As well as the home army face stable doing battle within it's members as face vs face but not all too often, and when they do one guy most often IS a heel but due to not turning on the Home army stable gets treated like a face. Which the medium divide setting simulates well....end rambling....in short don't ignore the divide but it has some leeway room.

Archived