Newb Questions (you like to answer them!)

I have put my questions in bold because I am aware people may not want to read the unnecessary pre-during-amble.

Ok so the learning curve on TEW2005 seems quite a bit steeper than EWR... or I'm just getting dumber with time. These options are not mutually exclusive.

At any rate I've learned alot by just playing around but after about 48 hours of game play I'd really like to just finish up a few bits of schooling so I can get to what I really want to do: Write wrestling angles.

I'm talking too much. For answering purposes we can assume I'm running Mid South Wrestling in the DOTT mod. In more general terms I'm running a regional fed (into the ground) with one tv show that appears in two territories. Here are my questions:

Question One! If I have someone on a ppa contract and I release them is there a chance they will get mad at me? It seems like there's no reason to release anyone ever and you'd want to keep everyone around around on your roster just in case you want to use them one day... of course it makes managing your roster a visual bitch and probably much more importantly they get mad at you for not using them. So unless I've missed an important aspect to this I guess the real question is if I release someone from a ppa contract will they be more or less mad at me than if I just let them hang out on the roster doing nothing?

Which leads me to Question Beta! How much can I not use a guy before he hates me? There's guys I love... but they cost... so... much. Oh and forn answering purposes it is to be assumed that I'm very cheap. (I am.) Now my gut instinct tells me it's based on their push. If I tell a guy he's a Main Eventer he expects to be used more often than an Opener. I feel this is reasonable. But is there a set amount of shows you can NOT use an ME, UMC, MC etc wrestler on? Is it a percentage of the shows I have? Is it personal and am I wrong about the push?

And finally: The much anticipated Question Blue! How many shows a month should I be running? Again I remind you I'm regional. I'm not looking for an exact number... just to see if I'm wildly off base. I'm thinking that I should run one show per week in each region that I'm appealing too (2 in my case) plus my TV show (weekly) and my 1 big event at the end of the month. Is that too many? Irresponsibly too little?

Anyhoo please let me know these things so I can stop running a business badly and start running a Ted DiBiase, Magnum TA, Hector and Chavo Guerrero v Macho Man, Lanny Poffo and The Jims (Jim Duggan, Jim Neidhart, Jim Cornette) fued to perfection.

To answer only your third question, your schedule sounds waaay overbooked. I'd cut out one, if not both of the two non-TV weeklies and just bounce the TV location back-and-forth. That plus your big monthly show should be plenty, and help keep costs down. However, if you're schedule isn't bleeding cash, you can continue to play it that way; I'd say injury risk is the only issue you'll face running that many shows.

Fewer shows, though, solves problem 2, as well. In general, I figure ME/UMC guys have to be on at least every other show to be kept happy. However, if you cut down to a third of the shows you're running now, you could likely use your favorites every time at less cost than you're dealing with at present.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys so much. I've been reading the forums trying to get the hang of certain game mechanics and I've read conflicting reports on increasing stamina.

Does putting guys in longer matches than they can handle (stamina wise) increase their stamina stat? I've read that it does and that it does not. If it does not, is there anything I can do to up a guys stamina?

Also is there a way to train up respect?

Thank you guys so much. I've been reading the forums trying to get the hang of certain game mechanics and I've read conflicting reports on increasing stamina.

Does putting guys in longer matches than they can handle (stamina wise) increase their stamina stat? I've read that it does and that it does not. If it does not, is there anything I can do to up a guys stamina?

Also is there a way to train up respect?

@stamina: Who knows? I personally think it is gained like any other physical stat and is wholely dependent on the person itself, not how long they wrestle. I've seen wrestlers gain stamina without wrestling so that's the source of that belief.

@respect: title runs help it a bit I think. Wins & good rated matches help too I believe.

Archived