USPW: A Slow Ride To The Top

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad to see both your projects go at once, but I definitely understand. I didn't comment here as much as I should have, but I have tried to keep. Its been awesome to watch your evolution as a writer over these projects. Enjoy the downtime and look forward to see what you come back with in the future.

I'm another that hates to see this one go...I looked forward to tuning in each show and the PPV's were excellent, but I understand about burn out. I had to leave the forums for 2 years. Good luck to you on the job front...and we'll leave a light on for you when you come on back....

the future ideas would be great....

thanks again for a good diary

I don't think that mine will take 2 years but a break is always good to recharge my batteries. I will definitely be including the future ideas soon. I think one of my bigger problems with this diary is that including staff and all I had about 75 people on my roster. It made it hard for me to find a spot on the card for everyone without making certain segments too short.

It's been a masterpiece throughout my friend, and a huge inspiration for my own (albeit short-lived) diary as you know. Slow Ride has been a lot of fun, and I'm sure you'll be back stronger than ever :p

Thanks for the read, angeldelayette.

You have been a good inspiration for me both with your comments and the alts you created for me. Thank YOU my friend.

I just want to say thank you Angel for the wild ride that was Slow Ride (take it easy). You did a wonderful job in my eyes!

Oh, you can keep my "Anger destroyed my old sign, so I made this one to Spite him" sign. :D

Definitely a great sign, especially with me bringing in Demon Spite. lol. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Sad to see both your projects go at once, but I definitely understand. I didn't comment here as much as I should have, but I have tried to keep. Its been awesome to watch your evolution as a writer over these projects. Enjoy the downtime and look forward to see what you come back with in the future.

I understand not being able to comment as much in diaries as you want to. It's been the same way for me and your diaries. Though you know that I think you're an excellent writer. I am glad that you've enjoyed watching me grow as a writer here and when my creative juices start flowing again I know I will be back.

Having gone through this with my NYCW diary I understand fully how you feel. I have enjoyed your diaries from when I first started reading them on here and it is very obvious (I mean heck I stole your format:D) that you are one of my inspirations. I loved this and the NWA diary and it sucks to see them go. I am also glad that with your last two diaries that people finally started to give you your due. You will be missed along with the Dude and Anger.

You've definitely been one of my most loyal readers. I really appreciate that. I am glad to hear that I inspired one of the great writers here.

Alright, so, future plans.

I guess the first thing that I should do is talk about my next show. My next show would have revealed Chance Fortune as a new signing. I was going to introduce him as an emisary from the big leagues (i.e. SWF/TCW) sent down to help fight the Hard Corps. He was going to talk about the fact that they see the Hard Corps as a threat that can spread to the other promotions. Also on this show, Tyson Baine was going to thank the Hard Corps for attacking Sammy Bach but say that he can take it from here. Chance and Alicia Strong would have a brief conversation about why he is here and later that night the Hard Corps would attack Alicia Strong after her match putting her match with Belle Bryden at the pay-per-view in jeopardy. Teddy Powell was going to stare down at Johnny Martin and Henry Lee after their match. Shawn Gonzalez would defeat Enygma in the main event with the Hard Corps attacking Enygma post-match. But they wouldn't get away with it fully as Chance Fortune would lead Johnny Martin, Henry Lee and Nicky Champion down to the ring and a wild brawl would break out. The camera would focus up on Teddy Powell watching from the rafters to end the show. Also, this show would introduce a brand new announcer. I have been getting the whole announcing not living up to the match in the main events so I brought in Mitch Naess to be the top announcer. When he first came out, he would promise that he is not a part of the Hard Corps. Would he eventually join them? I'm not sure.

There is one more card before the pay-per-view but we wouldn't see any major happenings until the pay-per-view. I'll go through it match by match...

Steve Flash defeats Robert Oxford - Not a ton of hype for this rematch but a win by Flash would set up a rubber match later on.

Belle Bryden defeats Alicia Strong - This wouldn't be a match at all but a forfeit by Strong who doesn't show up after the vicious attack by the Hard Corps two weeks earlier.

Jack Griffith vs. Henry Lee

USPW National Title Match: JD Morgan vs. Nicky Champion

Shawn Gonzalez vs. Johnny Martin - I lump all three of these matches together because they are all the Hard Corps vs. USPW matches. Henry Lee would get the win vs. Jack Griffith. JD Morgan would win the National Title against Nicky Champion and Shawn Gonzalez would defeat Johnny Martin, thus establishing the dominance of The Hard Corps as they take two out of three from USPW.

The People's Team defeats The Towers of Power for the USPW World Tag Team Titles - A definite push for Datsun and Davids here. They go over the Sneer Corporation's tag team for the belts and look to move on to another team. I was working on pairing up some of my singles wrestlers into teams to better my tag team division and give some of my singles wrestlers who don't have anything to do something to do.

Enygma defeats Fumihiro Ota - Not a big stretch here but Enygma shows some courage just by showing up. The win definitely elevates his status at the expense of Ota.

Sammy Bach retains the USPW World Heavyweight Title against Tyson Baine - Baine dominates against Bach for the most part. Bach sneaks in a rollup on Baine for the win. Following the match, The Hard Corps attack both Bach and Baine with the announcers wondering just who can stop The Hard Corps.

Coming next: Two men look to meet the Hard Corps head-on.

Archived