Narratives and Era’s.

I have a question about narratives and era’s. It seems like it was a huge deal in the game and could change a lot of how the game is played, but there is no active era’s in the default database. Does that mean that there won’t be any or are they random at some times?

And era’s. None of them seam “game changing” to be honest. Do they also happen randomly? Like will a death in the game trigger a narrative about drug use and then bring in an era of smaller cleaner wrestlers?

afaik they are in the game for mod makers primarly. I think the default db has some example era, but basicaly this is for the historical modders and the real world modders.

I would have liked to see the default game have alot of future cornellverse shapeing events, and maybe if we are lucky thats something we might get on full release.

I have a question about narratives and era’s. It seems like it was a huge deal in the game and could change a lot of how the game is played, but there is no active era’s in the default database. Does that mean that there won’t be any or are they random at some times?

And era’s. None of them seam “game changing” to be honest. Do they also happen randomly? Like will a death in the game trigger a narrative about drug use and then bring in an era of smaller cleaner wrestlers?

Eras define that certain product types and other related things will happen at specific times. When an era isn't set to be happening, these things still change on their own anyways as part of the "Trends" part of things. Eras are just a way of forcing certain trends to happen (like the Attitude Era getting more Risque) at certain times but the gameworld will always be evolving in the background even without these being set.

Once everyone gets the chance to play the full game you'll start to see how much of an effect these have on the game as a whole, making each game very different as times goes on and promotions evolve to match the current trends. It's a HUGE feature, just not one that can really be seen in the demo. :)

I suggest you take some time and play around with the editor a bit more - once you get to grips with the feature, you'll understand why the concept of a random era or random narrative really doesn't make any sense within the context of the game.

There won't be any eras added, because there's no reason for them to be - they are primarily for historical mods (by their very nature), which the CornellVerse isn't.

I really don't see how you can look at the narratives and think that they're not game changing - I think Japan might argue that getting hit with an economy-destroying tsunami might just qualify as a big deal!

Archived