Board Effort Towards a Fictional Universe...

Another thing that stands out to me as being odd is the WWA. The promotion does not have a backstory and is filled with a bunch of workers from other promotions who seem to have been thrown in there on a whim. The workers do not seem to have a unified story as to why they are there.

I recall the WWA being dropped in with nothing much else besides the name. Even the original logos were clipped from somewhere else. I believe early versions of the mod had it debuting at around 2100AD :eek: because of this.

02. Make it a future promotion.

This would normally be my vote, but it still wouldn't give it a backstory or reason for being. Unless someone volunteers to work on it, i would say just delete it from the data.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would suggest clipping all lineages to a manageable (recent) list. Accountings of title holders in the pre-modern age is esoterica at best. Besides, should the outlined "prequel" mod ever get off the ground, the historical lineages can be filled in there.

I'm not sure if any of the movesets for the workers I added were attached to them. I can send you a listing, if you'd like.

I agree, I wonder if that is the reason why there are huge gaps in some of the C-Verse title lineages.

Whatever you have just PM it over to me or if you want to officially work on the data for a bit I will send it over to you.

I recall the WWA being dropped in with nothing much else besides the name. Even the original logos were clipped from somewhere else. I believe early versions of the mod had it debuting at around 2100AD :eek: because of this.

This would normally be my vote, but it still wouldn't give it a backstory or reason for being. Unless someone volunteers to work on it, i would say just delete it from the data.

I set it to 2100AD because the original creator never really gave an answer about what they wanted done with it. If I remember right Fullhouse said that they did not have TEW10 at the time so the promotion could have very well been Fullhouse's. I just do not recall at this point.

I feel funny doing anything to it because it is not my call to make. However, like I said I am not a fan of the way it is set up right now either.

Hi All,

I know that I seem to have been rather unreliable regarding showing up on this forum, but life has been very taxing and busy. I have had some serious computer issues but have fixed them, unfortunately my TEW mod work kind of got fcuked during this, so I am restarting from, essentially, square one. If you guys dont mind me still being involved, that is. I'm working hard to get back on track and I didn't lose any of my notes or pictures for it.

Sorry to have set the project back, at all.

Hi All,

I know that I seem to have been rather unreliable regarding showing up on this forum, but life has been very taxing and busy. I have had some serious computer issues but have fixed them, unfortunately my TEW mod work kind of got fcuked during this, so I am restarting from, essentially, square one. If you guys dont mind me still being involved, that is. I'm working hard to get back on track and I didn't lose any of my notes or pictures for it.

Sorry to have set the project back, at all.

You have nothing to be sorry about. Life happens, I am just glad you are back.

Another thing that stands out to me as being odd is the WWA. The promotion does not have a backstory and is filled with a bunch of workers from other promotions who seem to have been thrown in there on a whim. The workers do not seem to have a unified story as to why they are there.

I know the original creator of the WWA did not do this (I can't remember who that was.). I was thinking there could be three things done with this promotion:

01. Have the original creator fill this promotion with original workers.

03. Or if the original creator wants nothing to do with the promotion, then we can have someone else fill it with original workers.

One issue with this is that the owner DOES exist, and the backstory for the promotion is in her profile.

Tori Brooks

Ms.Brooks is the poster child of the coorporate women. She's all business and will stop at nothing to see that her company is succesful. Tori Brooks learn the wrestling business from the inside. Her father was once the president and owner of the WWA. Brooks is emotionally attached to the WWA. She watched as her father started out with a small struggling independent promotion, to becoming a regional fed, to reaching the levels of it's highest success.

Unfortunately the WWA began to decline again when her father took ill and wasn't physically able to see over the day to day operations. When her father died many thought that would be the end of the WWA, however he willed the promotion to her and she swore on his grave that she would make the WWA into the premire sports entertainment wrestling fed in the world.

I knocked up a logo for it but is was never made 'official'.

Trouble is Ms Brooks ALWAYS gets signed by Fight Club Japan (well, always used to, not kept an eye on FCJ in recent data tests) as their colour commentator by the AI, despite only having a basic grasp of Japanese. So having her either not in the data, tied up with WWA or simply having a better understanding of Japanese would work for me :)

Oh yeah, finally back from Glastonbury, where the mud literally broke 2 of my toes :eek:

One issue with this is that the owner DOES exist, and the backstory for the promotion is in her profile.

Tori Brooks

I knocked up a logo for it but is was never made 'official'.

Trouble is Ms Brooks ALWAYS gets signed by Fight Club Japan (well, always used to, not kept an eye on FCJ in recent data tests) as their colour commentator by the AI, despite only having a basic grasp of Japanese. So having her either not in the data, tied up with WWA or simply having a better understanding of Japanese would work for me :)

Oh yeah, finally back from Glastonbury, where the mud literally broke 2 of my toes :eek:

Sucks to hear about your toes. I have broken one toe in the past and it was not fun.

Possible things we could do:

1. We could get rid of her and the promotion all together.

2. We could keep her and the promotion in the game but not have able to work in Japan.

3. We could boost her knowledge of Japanese and keep her in the game and keep the promotion in the game.

If we do either option two or three then I am in favor of eliminating all the contracts in WWA (other than her's of course) and making new workers for that company. Also, I would like to drop the WWA to regional because there is really no story to link it with the rest of the United States. If the creator of the company has any objections to any of the above proposed plans please speak up. I am not trying to strong arm this promotion out of the data, I just want it to make sense within the data.

I know the original creator of the WWA did not do this (I can't remember who that was.). I was thinking there could be three things done with this promotion:

01. Have the original creator fill this promotion with original workers.

03. Or if the original creator wants nothing to do with the promotion, then we can have someone else fill it with original workers.

Yeah, it's my creation. Funny thing is I actually created it's concept before the other two promotions that I added. I've been basically waiting just to see when we were close to a Beta release and then planning to add WWA after the Beta. With so many setbacks that have happen (including me losing my thumb drive that had my most complete collection of work for this mod), at times it seemed like we would never see a beta release. Now however its seems like we are realistically with in range of a beta version release. I can still add it to the data. Actually when we get a hold on who has the most current and up to date version of the data, I'd like to get a copy of it. The version I've been playing is old and I'd like to get a feel for the world as it exist now.

Yeah, it's my creation. Funny thing is I actually created it's concept before the other two promotions that I added. I've been basically waiting just to see when we were close to a Beta release and then planning to add WWA after the Beta. With so many setbacks that have happen (including me losing my thumb drive that had my most complete collection of work for this mod), at times it seemed like we would never see a beta release. Now however its seems like we are realistically with in range of a beta version release. I can still add it to the data. Actually when we get a hold on who has the most current and up to date version of the data, I'd like to get a copy of it. The version I've been playing is old and I'd like to get a feel for the world as it exist now.

Okay cool, I have the latest version and I can send it to you some time later today. I just want to add a couple of things. Do you own TEW10 now? I am assuming you do or you would not be able to use the data.

I will eliminate all of the contracts in the WWA right now with the exception of Tori Brooks. Because someone added a buch of indy workers contracts into the promotion. Or do you want to take a look at who is in there and maybe keep some of them?

Sucks to hear about your toes. I have broken one toe in the past and it was not fun.

Possible things we could do:

1. We could get rid of her and the promotion all together.

2. We could keep her and the promotion in the game but not have able to work in Japan.

3. We could boost her knowledge of Japanese and keep her in the game and keep the promotion in the game.

If we do either option two or three then I am in favor of eliminating all the contracts in WWA (other than her's of course) and making new workers for that company. Also, I would like to drop the WWA to regional because there is really no story to link it with the rest of the United States. If the creator of the company has any objections to any of the above proposed plans please speak up. I am not trying to strong arm this promotion out of the data, I just want it to make sense within the data.

I don't think any of the contracts in WWA are wrestlers that were meant to be in there. If I remember correctly I think they were just added there by someone when they had the data, because during their testing of the data at that time WWA would sign up alot of the available workers, I want to say that same problem was occurring with one of the Canadian promotions as well. At the time of creation back when this was still a mod for TEW 08, WWA was going to be the US promotion teetering on the verge ready to go national, however it's stars were going to be aging workers and the challenge was could they develop enough of its younger under card workers into stars to carry the company to national before it's veterans retired or bodies broke down physically. Most likely causing the promotions to drop.

Just wanted to add one more thing while I was thinking about it. We need more new workers (meaning workers that start after the data starts.) Right now we only have a grand total of 31 of them and out of that group 21 of them can work in the USA.:eek:

Just wanted to add one more thing while I was thinking about it. We need more new workers (meaning workers that start after the data starts.) Right now we only have a grand total of 31 of them and out of that group 21 of them can work in the USA.:eek:

That can wait till after beta IMO, just leave things set so that randoms are created for now

I just sent the data to Fullhouse, I am not sure if Fullhouse wants to have official control of it or if he just wants to take a look at it.

Just take a look. If I make any changes or additions I will then let everyone know I have official control of it, but as of now just browsing... :D

Whatever you have just PM it over to me or if you want to officially work on the data for a bit I will send it over to you.

Sorry for the delay, I've been away from the computer visiting family. Plus, I've submitted more workers than I thought :eek:.

The attached .txt file has gimmick/moveset/alter-ego/tag team info for them, all the stuff that doesn't import in easily. Let me know if you have any questions on anything.

Just take a look. If I make any changes or additions I will then let everyone know I have official control of it, but as of now just browsing... :D

Don't want to be pushy, but just so you know we're trying to get a beta out sometime next week ;)

Well Im not adding anything to it before the beta release

Well if that is the case, then I am probably going to have to set WWA as a future fed once again because I have eliminated all of the contracts in the company with the exception of Tori's.

It can always be added back in when you want to add it back in.

Have a few days off for the holidays. Anyone need any help?

Well (as far as I'm concerned) we should be chucking whatever we have out as a beta by Friday at the latest (which was the general plan myself & BHK agreed on). Everyone gets that a beta isn't going to be the polished full article, but we could do with drumming up support for finishing the mod. This way the community can help with things like mis-matching data and maybe filling out some bios or adding free agents/future workers

Sorry for the delay, I've been away from the computer visiting family. Plus, I've submitted more workers than I thought :eek:.

The attached .txt file has gimmick/moveset/alter-ego/tag team info for them, all the stuff that doesn't import in easily. Let me know if you have any questions on anything.

One thing I have noticed when putting the tag team information in there, you have one team that is a six man tag team. The game does not allow that in the set-up I am talking about El Hombrés Estupendos, El Hombré Fantastico, and El Hombré Maravilloso. I am not sure what you want me to do in regards to them so until you tell me I am just not going to add their team into the data.

Ciclónico already has his gimmicks set do you want me to change them to what you had in the readme file? Or should I just leave them alone?

In regards to Billy Zen Kid's gimmick of mystic, such a gimmick is not in this database so I did not add it.

Aguila Dorado is in the data he has stats but has no bio. And it says he was born in 1999 and his debut date is also set in 1999.

Also, you did not put anything down as far as when each team was founded and what their respective experience levels as teams are. Therefore, I let that infromation blank as well.

Also, there are no links to the promotions that these teams will be in if they are not free agents. You have already added Cubalibre and Estrella Cubana into the database as Las Estrellas del Cubano do you want to keep that team name or do you Los Estrellas De Cubana as the name?

Neither Joanna Dangerously or Siobhan Rotten are in the data that I have so I was unable to add their team.

After I finish adding in the moves I will send you the data so you can make any corrections to them that you think need to be made. Because I will freely admit that I have no idea what half of these moves are and what they do. If you can do them off a ladder etc., I only know basic moves so I am porbably the worst person to add movesets. That is the main reason why most of my workers do not have move sets right now.

I keep on adding to this post is it going to look like a short story. I think I will only add your gimmicks and then send you the data so you can add your movesets. Like I said, I have no idea what half of these moves are and I would hate to screw it up for you.

I just took WWA out of the official data all together because every time I would try to run a game it would tell me I can't because WWA had an owner and announcers that were under contract yet they were set as a future fed.

When I looked in the data no such contracts were there so I am not sure why I kept on getting that message. Therefore, I made two copies of the data one with WWA still in it and one without. The official data is the one without it. I did this because Fullhouse said he was going to add WWA into the data after beta so I thought this was the best action to take.

So yes WWA will be in the data just not right now.

Archived