Board Effort Towards a Fictional Universe...

JAPAN

Kokka No Wrestling - Hokkaido

Pyramid No Limits Wrestling - Chukogu (will become active soon)

Kobe's fed - ?

Takamora Lucha Pro - Kanto

Enter the Dragon Combat - ?

The situation in Japan is: Who can knock off the government supported Kokka No Wrestling after 20 years of dominance?

UK

Fight Like Irishmen - Ireland

Scotland Hardcore Havoc - Scotland

Sexy Athletes Wrestling - South UK

UK Lucha - North UK

vacant - Midlands UK

Not sure what's going on in the UK other than one of the most powerful feds in the game (SAW).

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia

Aotearoa: Wrestling Exemplified - New Zealand

Aussie Wrestling Company - Eastern Australia

National Wrestling Outback - Central Australia

vacant - Western Australia

Australia would appear to be the antithesis of the U.S. with the promotions living in harmony. Other than that, no clue.

Europe

Riviera Championship Wrestling - Mediterranean

Svenska Förbundet för Brottning - Scandinavia

Comradebot's USSR promotion - Eastern Europe

Comradebot's RRWF promotion - Eastern Europe

(Nothing, No Man's Land) - Central Europe

Europe still divided all these years after the fall of the wall. The USSR and RRWF have been locked in a war for the control of the East while RCW and its developmental territory SFB live comfortably in the West. And Central Europe has been a no man's land for decades with none of the 4 able to get a foothold due to the mixed loyalties.

USA

Big Sky Wrestling - Northwest

Bizarre Wrestling Association - Southwest

Breakdown Wrestling - Mid-South

Caribe Deportes Entretenimiento - Puerto Rico

Chicago Live Action Wrestling - Great Lakes

FWC: Florida Wrestling Federation - Southeast

FWC: Hawaii Island Wrestling - Hawaii

Lady Sports: Ultimate Wrestling - (Future fed)

Liberty City Hardcore Wrestling - Tri-State (Opens Feb 2010)

Lone Star State Wrestling League - Mid-South

North American Continental Pro Wrestling - Mid-Atlantic

Pretty United States Athletes - Mid-West

Sports Entertainment Xtreme - Southwest

Top Wrestling Alliance - New England

United States All-Stars - Mid-Atlantic

World Wrestling Association - Southeast

Pretty much the US is a war-zone full of regional feds battling for supremacy in the years after the US-A fed's dominance of the 80's and early 90's ended.

Right now there is a limited number of wars or hostilities between the feds so to make it the War-Zone its supposed to be we need to flesh out who is hostile towards each other and who might have formed alliances against the others.

Breakdown of the U.S.

USA

Alone against the others

United States All-Stars - Mid-Atlantic (former dominant power with no friends)

Pretty United States Athletes - Mid-West (due to its connection with SAW)

Bizarre Wrestling Association - Southwest (too weird in the eyes of the others to befriend)

World Wrestling Association - Southeast (Future Fed)

FWC Alliance

FWC: Florida Wrestling Federation - Southeast (hostile with CDE)

Northern Alliance

Top Wrestling Alliance - New England (hostile with US-A)

Southeastern Alliance

Caribe Deportes Entretenimiento - Puerto Rico (hostile with FWC: FWF)

Lone Star State Wrestling League - Mid-South (at war with BDW)

North American Continental Pro Wrestling - Mid-Atlantic (at war with US-A)

Southwestern Alliance

Sports Entertainment Xtreme - Southwest (Hostile towards BWA)

Breakdown Wrestling - Mid-South (at war with LSSWL)

Proposal and looking for other ideas as well.

Breakdown of the U.S.

USA

Alone against the others

Bizarre Wrestling Association - Southwest (too weird in the eyes of the others to befriend)

FWC Alliance

Northern Alliance

Southeastern Alliance

Southwestern Alliance

Only 2 things with this, since I only have one promotion involved in it.

1. Was BDW always in the Mid-South? If so, I want to move it to the Southwest, as it's supposed to be run by a Media Group and thus fits in Hollywood.

2. I'm not sure with them being at war with LSSWL. Is there some motivation behind that from either end, outside of the "alliances"?

I think WWA was a Canadian promotion at one time, but it had to be removed from the active data because it was devoid of any wrestler's and therefore would go on a huge signing spree. It just wrecked havoc with the other promotions.

WWA an American promotion was originally going to be National or on the verge of National as i they were breathing down US-A's neck before it's fall. However that was changed to making it a Cult promotion that was to be the southern rival to TWA.

Canada

OUTLAW Wrestling - Ontario (Anyway we can move it over to a vacant territory? It's got a Prairie sound to it.)

The Outlaw name is not a reference to a western image, it relates to the backstory of the owner and key members of the roster and creation of the promotion.

Only 2 things with this, since I only have one promotion involved in it.

1. Was BDW always in the Mid-South? If so, I want to move it to the Southwest, as it's supposed to be run by a Media Group and thus fits in Hollywood.

2. I'm not sure with them being at war with LSSWL. Is there some motivation behind that from either end, outside of the "alliances"?

Can't have a WarZone without wars or hostilities.

And anyone operating in the same area would run the risk of conflict with each other.

As for a media group unless they're making just movies then New York, Atlanta and a host of other cities are just as viable.

The following Big 3 networks are all headquartered in Manhattan (NYC) but have holdings across the nation not just in NYC or Hollywood. Generally, these stations call their L.A. tv stations the #2 station behind their primary NYC station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Broadcasting_Company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Corporation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC_Universal

And then there is Time Warner who is actually #2 upsetting the Big 3's balance also based in Manhattan with a rather large portion of news media in Atlanta (the former Ted Turner ran group).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOL_Time_Warner

So really depends on how big the media group is and what their primary focus is. Just an example, but for a media group NYC seems like the better fit.

Breakdown of the U.S.

USA

Alone against the others

FWC Alliance

Northern Alliance

Southeastern Alliance

Southwestern Alliance

For consistency we may first want to check and see how everyone set the the Business skills of the owners of each promotion. For instance it would be highly unlikely that two owners that are open toward Pacts would be in a hostile situation or at war. Unless you go back in and alter the backstory of the promotions.

Not sure why a womens promotion would be hostile toward BWA.

Can't have a WarZone without wars or hostilities.

I think you run the risk of just setting hostilities and wars just because, with out real reason behind them.

I havent checked in a while but since so many modders for whatever reason try and match their data to the c-verse in the c-verse only 3 promotions start the game at war or hostile, there are far more working agreements and non-agression pacts than any other.

If the game plays out correctly then wars and hostilities will happen. I think as in the c-verse alot of that should be left up to the players.

As for a media group unless they're making just movies then New York, Atlanta and a host of other cities are just as viable.

So really depends on how big the media group is and what their primary focus is. Just an example, but for a media group NYC seems like the better fit.

That's the beauty of the F-Verse, he could create a media group with tv stations, ppv carriers (which we need) and have them based anywhere in the US.

Not sure why a womens promotion would be hostile toward BWA.

I was going by the list not actively looking at the data. But, just because SEX won't be signing away any BWA guys doesn't mean they're not at war over ratings and putting butts into seats.

But, as for the warzone itself I've seen it referenced many times before I even joined the project. It was mentioned numerous times in the 2008 thread and this one as a vision for the U.S. and now with 9 out of 11 feds at regional it's ripe to fulfill that vision.

I havent checked in a while but since so many modders for whatever reason try and match their data to the c-verse in the c-verse only 3 promotions start the game at war or hostile, there are far more working agreements and non-agression pacts than any other.

As for what the c-verse does, we're not the c-verse so we shouldn't hold to everything that happens there. This is a whole new universe.

That's the beauty of the F-Verse, he could create a media group with tv stations, ppv carriers (which we need) and have them based anywhere in the US.

As for what I said about media groups that was my exact point: BDW would be at home anywhere.

I think you run the risk of just setting hostilities and wars just because, with out real reason behind them.

If the game plays out correctly then wars and hostilities will happen. I think as in the c-verse alot of that should be left up to the players.

The reason has been defined numerous times. There is even a nice little section from the 2008 version about the U.S. being a highly volatile area. If a player doesn't want to start with wars there is always the editor.

Another interesting side effect to wars: One particular owner would not allow me to use dirty tactics against the promotion we were at war with.

Might as well lay it out.

Board Effort Mod: Prime

This is the current mod. (US scenario)

What we see here is the fallout after the US-A promotion has fell from grace. Several regional promotions (9) and a few others are locked in a multi-way struggle to redefine and resurrect the weakened U.S. wrestling scene which saw numerous veteran stars defect to overseas promotions.

The part only a handful knows about:

Board Effort Mod: Retro

Prequel mod set in 1985. (US Scenario)

This will expand upon the US-A's dominance when they ARE the American scene in the mid-80's.

Board Effort Mod: Future Shocks

Sequel mod set in 2015. (US scenario)

The fallout from the war in the current mod.

Kobe's ideas from 2008

* Make a major US Promotion focus on modern as key product setting, working with fast paced high fliers and daredevils making up the promotions primary top talent.

This big federation takes place in the Retro mod (US-A) and may happen again in Future Shocks with someone else. Part of the reason I run so many tests. I'm trying to see who becomes the major power or powers in the future.

* More wars, friends, hatreds, alcoholism, egos etc.

This is fairly common place in the data now except the wars.

* A stronger European scene, maybe crippled by the fact all of it's stars (Iwhich are C+ tops) are crazily old, and noone is particularily talented.

This is happening in Europe currently, the stars in the west are older but they are fairly talented. There just isn't too many talented next gen stars yet.

* A dying Mexican scene (no promotions higher than Regional?)

This isn't happening in the current mod but is a facet of one of the others

* Make the UK or Europe a wrestling hotspot or THE wrestling hotspot.

They've really took on a life of their own here.

* A much weaker/younger Japan scene (Why should US/Japan always be 1 and 2. Plus, it looks like Europe/UK/US are going to be the dominant scenes)

You'll see the beginning of this in the current mod.

* The major "SE" company to be somewhere other than the U.S. Maybe Canada or Mexico?

Mexico has a major Sports Entertainment company which draws heavily on American talent that left after what happened with US-A. Not sure if Canada has one or not though.

Another interesting side effect to wars: One particular owner would not allow me to use dirty tactics against the promotion we were at war with.

With this the other company may be able to use underhanded tactics but this one still has other positives and negatives that play out.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked.jpg

PPS how are you with the Josphine Demers renders BHK? Was going back through and she looks nothing like the original I did for you so I figured I'd check. :)

Original:

http://img18.imagevenue.com/loc154/th_92525_JosphineDemers_122_154lo.jpg

I don't even remember what the new ones look like.:o

Also US-A had been the dominate American promotion since the 1970's not the 1980's. So by the time the retro mod comes along they would have been the king of the hill for eight to ten years.

With this the other company may be able to use underhanded tactics but this one still has other positives and negatives that play out.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked.jpg

That was from one company in a war. Here is the view from the other side.

On ending the war:

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked2.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked3.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked4.jpg

And back with the friendly owner the response to declaring war or hostility:

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked5.jpg

And I now know every hostile and peaceful fed and the ones who can go either way. Also there is a unique one that will agree to non-aggression pacts but no wars and no allies (working agreement).

But just because a fed is peaceful doesn't mean that a hostile fed won't declare war on them.

And there are 9 peaceful feds that will declare war if you break any agreement with them.

I was going by the list not actively looking at the data. But, just because SEX won't be signing away any BWA guys doesn't mean they're not at war over ratings and putting butts into seats.

But promotions dont have to be at war to be fighting over ratings and attendance numbers. That is going to happen anyway because they are in the same region.

But, as for the warzone itself I've seen it referenced many times before I even joined the project. It was mentioned numerous times in the 2008 thread and this one as a vision for the U.S. and now with 9 out of 11 feds at regional it's ripe to fulfill that vision.

If we take that literally then yes it means war pacts, however the promotions would have been in regional battles automatically, and ever region would have a battle going on. The need for a war pact between the promotions isnt needed for that to happen.

The reason has been defined numerous times. There is even a nice little section from the 2008 version about the U.S. being a highly volatile area. If a player doesn't want to start with wars there is always the editor.

The same response from my two responses above still apply, being a highly volatile area doesnt mean that all promotions have to be at war or hostile. Unless you want to be very literal about it. Yet, again it feels random.

If you want wars and hostility pacts all over the place so be it, but it shouldnt just be random. And the reasons given (warzone, vilotile area) dont require all of those pacts. If you want them though, go in and change some backstory to promotions and what have you so it makes sense as to why these promotions are at war or dont like each other. It should be more than company A and company B are are war because they are in the same region and fighting over ratings.

I think taking the approach that if the player doesnt want to start with random wars then they can use the editor will be arrogant on our part. They could also just not play or download the mod.

As for what the c-verse does, we're not the c-verse so we shouldn't hold to everything that happens there. This is a whole new universe.

This has been my view all along and the reason so many other mods I've played eventually only feels like the c-verse with different names, etc...

However, since everything I read seems to be comparing to the c-verse, it would only make sense. In my opinion the stat balancing to make the f-verse match the c-verse will be a mistake as well. For the simply fact that we only have half the amount of workers that the c-verse has and we've been working on this mod for over a year now so unless we're about to churn out a boatload of new workers, with as many promotions that we have in the US in particular alot of workers are going to be working for 2 and 3 promotions and we'll see a high number of workers injuried, needing rest or fatigue which wont make for good game play. The game itself will generate new random wrestlers (and alot will depend on the frequency) which wont exactly be balanced.

Will work backwards.

But promotions dont have to be at war to be fighting over ratings and attendance numbers. That is going to happen anyway because they are in the same region.

If we take that literally then yes it means war pacts, however the promotions would have been in regional battles automatically, and ever region would have a battle going on. The need for a war pact between the promotions isnt needed for that to happen.

Agreed to an extent, however, the key difference between a region filled with promotions at war and promotions not at war is worker sharing. By putting promotions at war with one another the Monday Night Wars dynamic seen between WCW and WWF in the 1990's could be implemented on a much wider scale. Promotions would fight over workers and with those workers would come ratings. Over time certain promotions would have to attempt underhanded tactics just to stay viable in the race for the top spot, or attempt competitive product changes/pushing workers loyal to their promotion etc. I dunno, I think it's a fun idea. :)

If you don't have any relationships at all (or very few) all of the best workers in the game will all wind up working for three promotions each. Everyone will have the same top of the card, and no promotion will feel unique to play as or to observe. Imo part of the appeal of having all of these different regional companies is to allow them to build up their own stars, and perhaps eventually for a worker to grow into a superstar and take his/her home promotion to the top with it.

That's my two cents on the subject.

The same response from my two responses above still apply, being a highly volatile area doesnt mean that all promotions have to be at war or hostile. Unless you want to be very literal about it. Yet, again it feels random.

If you want wars and hostility pacts all over the place so be it, but it shouldnt just be random. And the reasons given (warzone, vilotile area) dont require all of those pacts. If you want them though, go in and change some backstory to promotions and what have you so it makes sense as to why these promotions are at war or dont like each other. It should be more than company A and company B are are war because they are in the same region and fighting over ratings.

I agree that their should be some reasoning behind why promotion A doesn't like B, and in many ways that can add to the games back story and even certain workers back stories who are light on history. Maybe worker A left promotion A for promotion B after backstabbing workers B and C by breaking kayfabe at the last event or something.

I think taking the approach that if the player doesnt want to start with random wars then they can use the editor will be arrogant on our part. They could also just not play or download the mod.

To turn that on itself, someone that wants wars if they aren't there can either just start random wars in the editor or not play.

Any data set/customization in any game will offer unique features that some people like and some people don't. Most people will tweak a data set to their liking, while some simply won't play. But that's just the way it is, right? :)

This has been my view all along and the reason so many other mods I've played eventually only feels like the c-verse with different names, etc...

However, since everything I read seems to be comparing to the c-verse, it would only make sense. In my opinion the stat balancing to make the f-verse match the c-verse will be a mistake as well. For the simply fact that we only have half the amount of workers that the c-verse has and we've been working on this mod for over a year now so unless we're about to churn out a boatload of new workers, with as many promotions that we have in the US in particular alot of workers are going to be working for 2 and 3 promotions and we'll see a high number of workers injuried, needing rest or fatigue which wont make for good game play. The game itself will generate new random wrestlers (and alot will depend on the frequency) which wont exactly be balanced.

Is the F-Verse our mod? I just want to make sure that I'm following you.

If so, I wanted to say that by stat balancing our mod to make it more in line with the distribution of the CVerse we aren't trying to make it a clone. Rather, we're setting limiters on the data's ability to support certain promotion sizes (amongst other things, more below).

Side Note: If in the CVerse their are hypothetically 30 workers (I forget the #) with an A* in basics, in a data set half that size their would be around 15 workers with an A* in basics (that could be a range of say, 12 to maybe as high as 18-19). I just wanted to clarify that in case their was some sort of misunderstanding about what I was doing when I was editing the stats.

That said:

We don't have to observe the CVerse distributions exactly, but if we don't observe some sort of norms then we could create unwanted situations.

Like:

A. We have so many talented workers that building an incredibly talented promotion under any scenario is possible right from the start. i.e. Since almost none of the promotions at the start of the game will be offering written deals in any sort of meaningful capacity, If we don't say "Okay, only 10 workers in the data can have an A* in psychology" then we might have 20 or 30 workers that end up with that stat. So then every promotion in North America would have a Ric Flair/Rock/Bret Hart level ring maestro (or three) and having a talented worker loses all sense of value. In addition to them losing that value, the data set itself then also becomes very easy to play at all levels. This is a reason why a data set can't have too many really talented workers with close to zero overness, btw. Not only is it unrealistic (talented workers get to be as talented as they are by working with the best in the world, and the best in the world tend to work for the biggest promotions unless they have average/below average looks), but it also allows a new local promotion to open and basically have WWF/TNA level talent.

B. Furthermore, the number of promotions that are going to be able to hit national plus just on the strength of a huge talent pool alone sky rockets if you don't observe stat limits. If there are too many talented workers you will have a half dozen promotions perpetually growing to global status, getting knocked to cult and repeating the process into perpetuity.

Some more TLP workers

American luchadore

Jupiter GO!!

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8779/jupitergo.jpg

Scottish cruiserweight

John Mackenzie

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5707/johnmackenzie.jpg

Half Japanese half Chinese Jap Junior wrestler

Ken Ho

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1662/kenho.jpg

Ken's Chinese dad and TLP's Head Ref

David Ho

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1220/davidho.jpg

That said, in most instances their isn't a huge need for stat editing. The only place where as a team we added a huge overabundance of good workers was in some top row stats and camera skills. Basics and whatnot might be a little high, but not much. Physical stats were fine. ^_^

That was from one company in a war. Here is the view from the other side.

On ending the war:

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked2.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked3.jpg

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae304/hellshock70/blocked4.jpg

Interesting stuff. I typically only play wit this feature when I use non-aggression pacts with a dozen different promotions at the beginning of a game when I'm a smaller fed. ^_^

I don't even remember what the new ones look like.:o

Also US-A had been the dominate American promotion since the 1970's not the 1980's. So by the time the retro mod comes along they would have been the king of the hill for eight to ten years.

Fair enough. ^_^

Alot of this isn't random, that was a proposal not anythng set in stone. Apparently you missed the blue tag at the bottom saying that. Maybe I should have put that at the top.

Anyway, most want to keep the US-A down and if you go back and look again this proposal also points out the working agreements with the alliances and still leaves room for non-aggression pacts. Also what some might not know is that while US-A makes the east coast a volatile situation that BSW has the same view on the West Coast.

BSW & US-A, two companies that don't want friends and want to crush everyone else, on opposite sides of the country. Now whoever created BSW, if they meant for them to be war-like. Then they're fine. But if its supposed to be a peaceful company now is the time to step in. The rest of the world (except Mexico) is a very nice place full of friendly helpful feds that live in harmony. (and until the new Japanese feds come in)

The warzone in America is what can right now set us apart. There is plenty of peace in the other areas for those who don't want war. I'm serious it's like the rest of the world smoked a big blunt and went all mellow in 2010. 80-90% of our current feds outside of the US will give you that nice little "bad business" blocked notice and so will many in the US.

If you don't want to be friendly in this game then actually this isn't the mod for you as we only have 3 that will block attempts at peace. So odds are if someone doesn't want a war they won't even have to use the editor, just make peace in-game.

I don't think its arrogant seeing as how most people use the editor to adjust the world how they want it anyway. We're just setting a purpose that they can change just as they change the c-verse to suit themselves now.

We still have to use the c-verse as a base because there isn't anything else out there to use but from that base we make the changes so that its not a repeat of the c-verse and we set ourselves apart.

Working on a mod like this one that has now expanded to flesh out the past and future (might even be an alternate future) already can set us apart from the others. So why stop the warzone in the US when it can set us apart as well? And as I've looked over the U.S. feds there is plenty of room to change views with another fed as most of the earlier feds don't even mention anyone else.

So why stop the warzone in the US when it can set us apart as well? And as I've looked over the U.S. feds there is plenty of room to change views with another fed as most of the earlier feds don't even mention anyone else.

As my speech teacher has told me many times, i believe my major point was missed in my rhetoric. Here's my point or arguement. The wars and hostilities and what have you in great. Let's make sure that they are a purpose and explain purpose behind the individual wars. We know why the US is a regional warzone, however, why is promotion A specifically at war with promotion B should be fleshed out.

Archived