Board Effort Towards a Fictional Universe...

Guys, I could do with some inspirational help.

I'm trying to render El Juez (The Judge). He wears a mask and plays a superhero gimmick, righting wrongs and delivering justice. He is also the top star in NELL. Trouble is I'm having trouble figuring out how to make him look like 'The Judge' with only his head showing.

I cant work out a colour scheme or anything. I tried a set of scales on his forehead to represent justice, but the size they have to be on the texture means they're all blurry & crap on the render. I tried to give his mask a glittery look, same problem. Tried messing with the bump maps and now I know that glittery texture plus bump maps equals lizard type surface, but that's no god damn use to me right now! I'm running out of ideas :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, he occasionally teams with El Avispa, so I'd be going with the same kind of look, rather than a Judge Dread type look

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to render El Juez (The Judge). He wears a mask and plays a superhero gimmick, righting wrongs and delivering justice. He is also the top star in NELL. Trouble is I'm having trouble figuring out how to make him look like 'The Judge' with only his head showing.

I cant work out a colour scheme or anything. I tried a set of scales on his forehead to represent justice, but the size they have to be on the texture means they're all blurry & crap on the render. I tried to give his mask a glittery look, same problem. I'm running out of ideas :(

Not sure if it helps but the first thought i had was "Judge Dredd"

I cant work out a colour scheme or anything. I tried a set of scales on his forehead to represent justice, but the size they have to be on the texture means they're all blurry & crap on the render. I tried to give his mask a glittery look, same problem. Tried messing with the bump maps and now I know that glittery texture plus bump maps equals lizard type surface, but that's no god damn use to me right now! I'm running out of ideas :(

Think about Judge Dread.

LOL, as I was typing my edit you both suggested the thing I was editing about! I'm going for a more 60s-70s marvel look (although I did purposely make El Avispa look a bit like The Tick's sidekick Arthur, whenever that came out)

Now I'm trying to figure out a connection between a Judge and a Wasp. :p

Well, if you want the full story...

Once they were two crime fighting duos in Mexico City. El Juez & El Jurado (Judge & Jury) and El Avispa & El Escarabajo (The Wasp & The Beetle). The two teams were both on the same case, finding out who had kidnapped the Chief of Police's daughter.

They both discovered clue after clue until they found the warehouse where she was being held. Both teams burst in at the same time to discover that the kidnapper was none other than Senor Grande and his group of hardcore thugs, one of which was Johnny Suicide. A battle ensued and at the end they had saved the Chief's daughter, but at the cost of both El Jurado and El Escarabajo. Both Senor Grande and Suicide escaped.

Heartbroken (El Jurado was El Juez's wife and El Escarabajo Avispa's brother), the pair swore revenge and followed Johnny Suicide to NELL in an effort to find Senor Grande and make him pay.

Good enough for ya :p

Once they were two crime fighting duos in Mexico City. El Juez & El Jurado (Judge & Jury) and El Avispa & El Escarabajo (The Wasp & The Beetle). The two teams were both on the same case, finding out who had kidnapped the Chief of Police's daughter.

They both discovered clue after clue until they found the warehouse where she was being held. Both teams burst in at the same time to discover that the kidnapper was none other than Senor Grande and his group of hardcore thugs, one of which was Johnny Suicide. A battle ensued and at the end they had saved the Chief's daughter, but at the cost of both El Jurado and El Escarabajo. Both Senor Grande and Suicide escaped.

Heartbroken (El Jurado was El Juez's wife and El Escarabajo Avispa's brother), the pair swore revenge and followed Johnny Suicide to NELL in an effort to find Senor Grande and make him pay.

Robocop?..........honestly I don't know. Although I do like the idea of a judge dread type render.

Prophet has been sending me so free agent bios as well. I have not put them all into my free agent database but the bios are really good and when I am not being lazy I will added them in.

Do you have a rough idea of what you want the free agents to look like. If so you can send me a list. :)

Do you have a rough idea of what you want the free agents to look like. If so you can send me a list. :)

Well he told me he would send in a list soon. Right now I am only adding what he is sending me, and I would not feel right saying what they should look like because they are his characters.

Everybody's favourite wrestler and the other white meat.....

Porkchop Stud

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/LoNdOn_BeAsT/PorkchopStud.jpg

Can you do an alt of him in something similar to the other pics. He's really a manager. I've teamed with him and his guys before. Horrible wrestler. :D

Might need to switch Johnny Suicide with someone else. He's a protege of Aaron Wright and most of his past history will be based in NACPW. And he's also tied in with El Joker and Wayne Insayne.

Might need to switch Johnny Suicide with someone else. He's a protege of Aaron Wright and most of his past history will be based in NACPW. And he's also tied in with El Joker and Wayne Insayne.

El Joker's bio from the database:

El Joker in his youth was the leader of a hispanic street gang in Los Angelas who was eventually rehabilitated to become a productive member of society and while working concessions at a wrestling event in North Carolina (after his mother moved the family across the nation to escape the gang warfare) he met Aaron Wright who would eventually invite him to the dojo and even though Aaron would leave for Japan he found fast friends in Wayne Insayne and Johnny Suicide who had also been discovered by Aaron.

Wayne's doesn't show it yet because he was created long before i added in Johnny Suicide and El Joker.

Just looked and didn't realize i had already completed Johnny's bio.

Johnny Suicide was the first protege of Aaron "Hellstrom" Wright and left the NACPW promotion after a confrontation with Gideon Wright over his lack of conditioning. He eventually went south of the border and formed a decent tag-team with El Joker but greatly misses his friends in the north and has one day vowed to return to the United States.

Johnny Suicide is a known substance abuser and has a history of botching matches due to this. Legend has it he was born addicted and was bottle fed milk laced with various narcotics by addicted parents. This could explain his rather insane demeanor. Despite all of this he remains loyal to his friends.

Archived