Path to Glory: ROF We Are Pure Wrestling

Yess! I can post again! Hahahaha

--

Friday, Week 2, February 2013

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

Crescent Crown Pub (Ireland, UK)

Block C: Don Henderson (6) vs. Terrence Bedlam (3)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Don Henderson defeated Terrence Bedlam in 8:10 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

These guys had some great chemistry together. Very nice. Bedlam seems to have shaken off the ring rust, which is great news as well.

(D+)

Block D: Gordon Leve (0) vs. Yuri Iliakov (9)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Yuri Iliakov defeated Gordon Leve in 8:27 by pinfall with a Kiev Krush.

I thought this would be a much better match than it really was. Maybe I should have tested the Devils out before sending them out in singles action.

(D-)

Block A: Barry Griffin (6) vs. Josh Jones (3)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Josh Jones defeated Barry Griffin in 13:11 by pinfall with a Canadian Backdrop.

Barry and Josh did much better than their respective Irish popularity, which I am not going to complain one bit about. There's something about Josh though. He seems to have a motivation penalty in every match I put him in.

(D+)

Block B: Lance Martin (3) vs. Merle O'Curle (6)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Merle O'Curle defeated Lance Martin in 22:32 by submission with a Celtic Wreath.

Out of anyone who could be off their game, Merle is not one who I ever expect it to happen to. And in his homeland to boot!

(C-)

Overall Rating: D+

Attendance: 197

Tuesday, Week 3, February 2013.

ROF Better Than the Best

Parliment Square (South, UK)

Block A: Alton Vicious (3) vs. Jacques DuPont (0)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jacques DuPont defeated Alton Vicious in 7:27 by pinfall with a Flying Legdrop.

No psychology, but a decent spotty showing out of these two. I'm not going to complain, I wasn't expecting a whole lot.

(D-)

Block C: Jaime Anderson (3) vs. Simon Ice (3)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Simon Ice defeated Jamie Anderson in 9:01 by pinfall with a Black Ice Driver.

Simon looked good in this match. Jamie has been a poor influence in the locker room as of late. He's also been doing poorly at teaching the young guys the ropes as of late.

(D)

Block D: Gordon Leve (0) vs. Nigel Svensson (9)

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Nigel Svensson defeated Gordon Leve in 9:25 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

No heat for these two? I wonder what it would be like if the fans actually cared about Gordon!

(C-)

Donny Damage and Zack Macomber vs. The Red Devils

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Red Devils defeated Donny Damage and Zack Macomber in 22:33 when Yuri Iliakov defeated Zack Macomber by pinfall with a Moscow Dynamite.

Phew, I'm glad I didn't put us on as the main event. That would have been a bad idea. Not a bad match, but not what I wanted it to be.

(C-)

Block B: Merle O'Curle (9) vs. Wade Orson (7)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Merle O'Curle defeated Wade Orson in 31:44 by submission with a Celtic Wreath.

Nice! That main event went over better than I thought. Was it better than me and Merle? We'll find out in a bit.

(B-)

Overall Rating: C+

Attendance: 824

Bolt: 2 + 4 = 6/9

Jingo: 3 + 3 = 6/9

Tie game tonight! Let's break that tie next time!

Next time on ROF Pure Pro Wrestling:

Block B: JK Lee (0) vs. Lenny Mochin (0)

Block C: Kelly Martin (0) vs. Robert Brown (6)

Terrence Bedlam vs. Zack Macomber

Block D: Henry Rohde (6) vs. Walter Morgan (3)

Block A: Josh Jones (6) vs. Viktor Beskov (9)

Next time on ROF Better Than the Best:

Block D: Pierre DuPont vs. Riddick Jordan

Block A: Donny Damage vs. Martyn Staddon

Block B: Lenny Mochin vs. Zack Macomber

The Steel Shooters (Barry Griffin and Walter Morgan) vs. The New 21st Century (Henry Rohde and Leigh Burton) © (ROF Tag Team Championships)

Block C: Don Henderson vs. Frank Burton

Merle O'Curle © vs. Nigel Svensson (Ring of Fire Championship)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Steel Shooters (Barry Griffin and Walter Morgan) vs. The New 21st Century (Henry Rohde and Leigh Burton) © (ROF Tag Team Championships)

This is going to be a good show.

Friday, Week 3, February 2013

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

In an extremely poor match, JK Lee defeated Lenny Mochin in 6:59 by submission with a Crossface.

JK has a lot of talent. Lenny could go either way, so obviously we go with JK.

(E+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Robert Brown defeated Kelly Martin in 10:03 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

How long have Kelly and Bobby been around? And they are still only putting on matches like this? C'mon...

(D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Zack Macomber defeated Terrence Bedlam in 5:48 by pinfall with a Bear Hug Slam.

Yikes, we have pretty good chemistry with one another and we put on a match like this. I guess it was quick... and a squash...

(D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Henry Rohde defeated Walter Morgan in 8:44 by pinfall with a Second Floor Legdrop.

Better. Not great, but better. I guess we're hoping the main event scores once again.

(D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Viktor Beskov defeated Josh Jones in 18:16 by submission with a Red Devil Lock.

Well, I guess this match was alright for Ireland. I wish it would have been better, but I'll take it.

(C-)

Attendance: 174

Tuesday, Week 4, February 2013.

ROF Better Than the Best

Block D: Pierre DuPont (3) vs. Riddick Jordan (0)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Pierre DuPont defeated Riddick Jordan in 7:04 by pinfall with a Flying Fist Drop.

Solid start from a couple guys down the card. No complaints. I think Riddick like opening matches.

(D-)

Block A: Donny Damage (9) vs. Martyn Staddon (0)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Donny Damage defeated Martyn Staddon in 8:44 by pinfall.

Donny not able to carry Martyn to a great match. Apparently Martyn shouldn't have been in there for so long.

(D)

Block B: Lenny Mochin (0) vs. Zack Macomber (7)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Zack Macomber defeated Lenny Mochin in 7:57 by submission with a Bear Hug.

This match was a bit too long for having a jobber, like the last match.

(D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Steel Shooters defeated The New 21st Century in 13:06 when Walter Morgan defeated Henry Rohde by submission with a Wigan Wrench. The Steel Shooters win the Ring Of Fire Tag Championship titles.

That's right, I pulled a title switch. Barry and Walt both wanted title runs, I really didn't want the belts on Henry and Leigh. Win-win.

(C-)

Block C: Don Henderson (9) vs. Frank Burton (9)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Frank Burton defeated Don Henderson in 19:40 by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

Really? That's it? From two main eventers with high momentum and talent? Wow. Just wow.

(C-)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Merle O'Curle defeated Nigel Svensson in 20:31 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defense number 11 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

I think every match was penalized for length tonight. Lame. At least I know I can put Merle in the ring with another guy up the card and expect greatness. That makes me glad about this block system. As of now, he's going to be in the ring with a guy high up the card.

(C+)

Overall Rating: C

Attendance: 863

Bolt (11/11) goes 100% on the day, very nice. Can you do it again? Jingo (8/11), will you defeat him? Will a third or fourth person make their marks known? Stay tuned.

Block A: Jacques DuPont (3) vs. Martyn Staddon (0)

Block D: Henry Rohde (9) vs. Nigel Svensson (12)

Block C: Frank Burton (12) vs. Jamie Anderson (3)

Block B: Leigh Burton (6) vs. Zack Macomber (10)

Block B: JK Lee vs. Lance Martin

Block C: Frank Burton vs. Terrence Bedlam

Block A: Alton Vicious vs. Josh Jones

The Steel Shooters © vs. The Foreign Legion (ROF Tag Team Championships)

Block D: Nigel Svensson vs. Yuri Iliakov

Merle O'Curle © vs. Robert Brown (Ring of Fire Championship)

Quote:

Friday, Week 4, February 2013

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jacques DuPont defeated Martyn Staddon in 5:46 by pinfall with a Flying Legdrop.

Jacques rocks this one, squashing Martyn in convincing fashion.

(D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nigel Svensson defeated Henry Rohde in 12:05 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

I sure wasn't expecting this solid of a match out of these two, or it would have been higher up the card. I have a feeling that Nigel likes working with guys that are bigger than he is.

(C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Frank Burton defeated Jamie Anderson in 9:38 by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

Phew, I'm so glad that I rearranged the card from what I was originally going to have. This was going to be the main event! That would have been bad. However, the main event should be good.

(D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Zack Macomber defeated Leigh Burton in 24:12 by pinfall with a Bear Hug Slam.

Wah wah.... Not the main event I was looking for, but it's still good enough. I guess.

(D+)

Attendance: 192

Woo! 100 shows! Woo!

Tuesday, Week 1, March 2013.

ROF Better Than the Best

Block B: JK Lee (3) vs. Lance Martin (3)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, JK Lee defeated Lance Martin in 6:17 by submission with a Crossface.

Lance was off his game. Probably miffed that he was putting JK over. Oh wel, if JK can pick up the top line skills, he's going to be a good wrestler.

(D-)

Block C: Frank Burton (15) vs. Terrence Bedlam (3)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Frank Burton defeated Terrence Bedlam in 8:20 by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

A good match out of Bedlam. Maybe he just needed to shake the ring rust off. Can't hurt he was wrestling Frank.

(C-)

Block A: Alton Vicious (3) vs. Josh Jones (6)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Josh Jones defeated Alton Vicious in 11:58 by pinfall with a Canadian Backdrop.

A step down here, but still a solid match-up. I like both of these guys.

(D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Steel Shooters defeated The Foreign Legion in 13:01 when Walter Morgan defeated Jacques DuPont by submission with a Wigan Wrench. The Steel Shooters make defense number 1 of their Ring Of Fire Tag Championship titles.

Good match, very good match. The Steel Shooters may bring some legitimacy to the tag division yet.

©

Block D: Nigel Svensson (15) vs. Yuri Iliakov (12)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nigel Svensson drew with Yuri Iliakov in 15:08 following a double disqualification.

Not an outcome we usually see here in ROF, but it was a better match than I thought it would be.

©

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Merle O'Curle defeated Robert Brown in 23:57 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defense number 12 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

I expected better. Oh well. I should have known.

©

Overall Rating: C

Attendance: 876

It's a close one today, but Bolt barely squeaks one out, going 8/10, compared to Jingo's 7/10. We've got some real toss ups next time, who will prevail?

Block D: Gordon Leve (0) vs. Riddick Jordan (0)

Block B: JK Lee (3) vs. Leigh Burton (6)

Block C: Don Henderson (9) vs. Robert Brown (9)

Block A: Barry Griffin (6) vs. Donny Damage (12)

Block C: Don Henderson vs. Kelly Martin

Block D: Pierre DuPont vs. Walter Morgan

Block A: Jacques DuPont vs. Josh Jones

Team UEW vs. The New 21st Century

Simon Ice vs. Wade Orson © (ROF Burning Championship)

Block B: Merle O'Curle vs. Zack Macomber

Block C: Don Henderson vs. Kelly Martin

Block D: Pierre DuPont vs. Walter Morgan

Block A: Jacques DuPont vs. Josh Jones

Block B: Merle O'Curle vs. Zack Macomber

Friday, Week 1, March 2013

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

In an extremely poor match, Gordon Leve defeated Riddick Jordan in 6:18 by pinfall.

Riddick hasn't been able to gain popularity and been regulated back down to full jobber status.

(D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Leigh Burton defeated JK Lee in 9:30 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex.

JK and Leigh don't click at all. Disappointment... At least it was in Ireland!

(D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Don Henderson defeated Robert Brown in 23:32 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

These guys irritate me... moving on.

(D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Donny Damage defeated Barry Griffin in 13:28 by pinfall.

Not even the main event was any good. Well, chalk this card up as a loss. Let's move on.

(C-)

Attendance: 255 (!!!)

Riddick suffered some Churchillian Neck-Nerve Damage in his match with Gordon Leve last event. He's going to work through it, at least he has a couple weeks to heal before he's getting used again.

Tuesday, Week 2, March 2013.

ROF Better Than the Best

Block C: Don Henderson (12) vs. Kelly Martin (0)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Don Henderson defeated Kelly Martin in 8:05 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

Kelly was off his game, but it's a better match for taking place in the London area.

(D)

Block D: Pierre DuPont (6) vs. Walter Morgan (3)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Walter Morgan defeated Pierre DuPont in 8:43 by submission with a Wigan Wrench.

No psychology in this one, I knew that going in though.

(D)

Block A: Jacques DuPont (6) vs. Josh Jones (9)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Josh Jones defeated Jacques DuPont in 12:24 by pinfall with a Canadian Backdrop.

Josh is really good. His contract is coming up this month, so I'm going to see if I can lock him down longer term.

(C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The New 21st Century defeated Team UEW in 8:28 when Henry Rohde defeated Gordon Leve by pinfall with a Choke Bomb.

This was going to be The New 21st Century getting their rematch, but then I realized Walt was already wrestling.

(D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Wade Orson defeated Simon Ice in 8:53 by pinfall with a Bounce Back. Wade Orson makes defense number 3 of his Ring Of Fire Burning Championship title.

Great chemistry out of these two, I just wish they had the psychology to help do things on their own.

(C-)

Block B: Merle O'Curle (12) vs. Zack Macomber (13)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Merle O'Curle defeated Zack Macomber in 31:34 by submission with a Celtic Wreath.

Not quite the classic I was expecting, but not a bad match by any means.

(C+)

Attendance: 872

Jingo, you pretty much nailed that one, only missing one match. Great job. Will you be able to do it again?

Block D: Gordon Leve (3) vs. Henry Rohde (9)

Block A: Martyn Staddon (0) vs. Viktor Beskov (12)

Block C: Robert Brown (9) vs. Simon Ice (6)

Block B: Lance Martin (3) vs. Wade Orson (7)

Frank Burton © vs. Jacques DuPont (Man of Steel Championship)

Block C: Jamie Anderson vs. Kelly Martin

Block B: Lenny Mochin vs. Wade Orson

The Steel Shooters © vs. The New 21st Century (ROF Tag Team Championships)

Block D: Pierre DuPont vs. Yuri Iliakov

Block A: Donny Damage vs. Viktor Beskov

Frank Burton and Josh Jones vs. Merle O'Curle and Zack Macomber

Block C: Jamie Anderson vs. Kelly Martin

Block B: Lenny Mochin vs. Wade Orson

Block D: Pierre DuPont vs. Yuri Iliakov

Block A: Donny Damage vs. Viktor Beskov

Well, I've gotten to the point where the C+ doesn't give me a gain in popularity anymore. This... is bad...

Friday, Week 2, March 2013

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Henry Rohde defeated Gordon Leve in 9:09 by pinfall with a Choke Bomb.

Great chemistry between these two for a good opener in Ireland.

(D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Viktor Beskov defeated Martyn Staddon in 7:32 by submission with a Red Devil Lock.

Viktor suplexes the hell out of Martyn to impress the hell out of the crowd... and me.

(D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Simon Ice defeated Robert Brown in 7:49 by pinfall with a Black Ice Driver.

Both of these guys were off their game. That and a ton of other penalties bog this one way down.

(E+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Wade Orson defeated Lance Martin in 7:38 by pinfall with a Bounce Back.

Excellent match here (for Ireland). Wade picks up the win and stays in the hunt for second place in his block.

(D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Frank Burton defeated Jacques DuPont in 16:39 by pinfall with a Brainbuster. Frank Burton makes defense number 2 of his Man of Steel Championship title.

I wanted that to be better than it was. Too bad for me. Frank gets a much needed defense of his title in as we're closing the gap to the Championship Scramble.

(C-)

Overall Rating: C-

Attendance: 234

Tuesday, Week 3, March 2013.

ROF Better Than the Best

Well, this is something that hasn't happened around here in awhile. Highland Warrior decided he would start some rumors about Walter Morgan. Walt was not happy about these rumors and confronted the big Scot. Luckily for both of them, I stepped in and read Warrior the riot act. He said he'd be more considerate in the future, but his contract will not be renewed.

Block C: Jamie Anderson (3) vs. Kelly Martin (0)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jamie Anderson defeated Kelly Martin in 8:38 by pinfall with a Savage Knee.

I don't know if Jamie has a lot of time left here. He's a negative influence on the locker room and just not that good.

(D-)

Block B: Lenny Mochin (0) vs. Wade Orson (10)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Wade Orson defeated Lenny Mochin in 5:56 by pinfall with a Bounce Back.

Wade came out of this one looking good. He dominated and carried Lenny to a good match all at once.

(D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Steel Shooters defeated The New 21st Century in 13:23 when Barry Griffin defeated Henry Rohde by submission with a Powerbomb Deathlock. The Steel Shooters make defense number 2 of their Ring Of Fire Tag Championship titles.

This is the kind of match that I'm hoping we will be able to put on without trying, sooner or later. The Steel Shooters ship has sailed on singles gold, but I think I found them a good place to continue to work.

(C-)

Block D: Pierre DuPont (6) vs. Yuri Iliakov (13)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Yuri Iliakov defeated Pierre DuPont in 11:58 by pinfall with a Kiev Krush.

Woof.

(D)

Block A: Donny Damage (15) vs. Viktor Beskov (15)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Donny Damage defeated Viktor Beskov in 12:51 by pinfall.

This is a little more like it. Yeah, Donny was here to carry his part of the match, but c'mon...

©

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Merle O'Curle and Zack Macomber defeated Frank Burton and Josh Jones in 24:31 when Merle O'Curle defeated Josh Jones by submission with a Celtic Wreath.

I told Merle and Frank to figure the finish out and they did. Solid match for us out there. Especially solid because it popped our popularity. Alright.

(C+)

Attendance: 1000

Jingo! 8/11 on this one. Next time we're at the last show in the round robin tournament, so make 'em count!

Block C: Simon Ice (9) vs. Terrence Bedlam (3)

Block D: Riddick Jordan (0) vs. Walter Morgan (6)

Block A: Alton Vicious (3) vs. Barry Griffin (6)

Block B: Leigh Burton (9) vs. Merle O'Curle (15)

Friday, Week 3, March 2013

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Simon Ice defeated Terrence Bedlam in 8:01 by pinfall with a Black Ice Driver.

Simon disappoints by being off his game. Terrence still helps the match look good though.

(D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Walter Morgan defeated Riddick Jordan in 5:33 by submission with a Northern Crossface.

Even while being protected, Riddick's injury took a big toll on him. I think this is going to be his last match for the next 5 months or so.

(D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Barry Griffin defeated Alton Vicious in 10:53 by submission with a Powerbomb Deathlock.

Ha, a healthy Alton can't match his injured partner.

(D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Merle O'Curle defeated Leigh Burton in 27:03 by submission with a Celtic Wreath.

Boom! Big main event. Excellent way to end the show.

©

Overall Rating: C-

Attendance: 267

Here are the results of the Better Than the Best Round Robin Tournament:

Block A:

Donny Damage – 18 – 6W, 0L

Viktor Beskov – 15 – 5W, 1L

Josh Jones – 12 - 4W, 2L

Barry Griffin – 9 – 3W, 3L

Jacques DuPont – 6 – 2W, 4L

Alton Vicious – 3 – 1W, 5L

Martyn Staddon – 0 – 0W, 6L

Block B:

Merle O'Curle – 18 – 6W, 0L

Wade Orson – 13 – 4W, 1L, 1D

Zack Macomber – 13 – 4W, 1L, 1D

Leigh Burton – 9 – 3W, 3L

JK Lee – 6 – 2W, 4L

Lance Martin – 3 – 1W, 5L

Lenny Mochin – 0 – 0W, 6L

Block C:

Frank Burton – 18 – 6W, 0L

Don Henderson – 15 – 5W, 1L

Simon Ice – 12 - 4W, 2L

Robert Brown – 9 – 3W, 3L

Jamie Anderson– 6 – 2W, 4L

Terrence Bedlam – 3 – 1W, 5L

Kelly Martin – 0 – 0W, 6L

Block D:

Nigel Svensson – 16 – 5W, 0L, 1D

Yuri Iliakov – 16 – 5W, 0L, 1D

Henry Rohde – 9 – 3W, 3L

Walter Morgan – 9 – 3W, 3L

Gordon Leve – 6 – 2W, 4L

Pierre DuPont – 6 – 2W, 4L

Riddick Jordan – 0 – 0W, 6L

There are two shows before the Championship Scramble and we need contenders for every title. Therefore, it's time for a Championship tournament!

1: Merle O'Curle

2: Donny Damage

3: Frank Burton

4: Nigel Svensson

5: Yuri Iliakov

6: Viktor Beskov

7: Don Henderson

8: Wade Orson and Zack Macomber

Merle O'Curle vs. Wade Orson vs. Zack Macomber

Nigel Svensson vs. Yuri Iliakov

Frank Burton vs. Viktor Beskov

Donny Damage vs. Don Henderson

The winner of the tournament, unless it's Merle, will get a shot at the Ring of Fire Championship. The runner up, unless it's Frank, will get a shot at the Man of Steel Championship. The losers of the semi-final matches will face off for a shot at the Burning Championship. If any of the champions secure a shot at their own belt, they will be allowed the night off at the Championship Scramble.

Jingo, you snagged 3/4. Will you be able to predict the preliminaries?

Next time on ROF Better Than the Best: The preliminaries!

Don Henderson vs. Donny Damage

I'm now using a grade/number hybrid that I made. If you're interested, check out this thread... http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135481

Tuesday, Week 4, March 2013.

ROF Better Than the Best

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Yuri Iliakov defeated Nigel Svensson in 11:01 by pinfall with a Kiev Krush.

I figured a high C- psychology would be enough to carry 11 minutes, but I was wrong. Still a good way to start the show though. If the rest goes this well, I'll be ecstatic.

(C-, 57)

Don Henderson vs. Donny Damage

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Donny Damage defeated Don Henderson in 16:56 by pinfall.

Just a slight fall in quality, but between Don and Donny, I expect it.

(C-, 55)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Frank Burton defeated Viktor Beskov in 18:53 by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

This is where I thought it would be better. I thought Frank and Viktor would put on a new clinic, but again, wrong. Oh main event, save us, please.

(C-, 57)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Zack Macomber defeated Merle O'Curle and Wade Orson in 35:30 when Zack Macomber defeated Wade Orson by submission with a Bear Hug.

Merle wasn't happy that he wasn't getting the win, but he needs to deal with it. We've got the semi-finals set and we'll know the lineup for the Championship Scramble come later this week.

(C+, 66)

Overall Rating: C, 63

Attendance: 934

It looks like I threw you off on this one, Jingo, you scored 1/4. Will you be able to figure out the rest of the tournament?

Yuri Iliakov vs. Zack Macomber

Donny Damage vs. Frank Burton

The losers face off for a shot at Wade Orson and the Burning Championship

The winners face off for a shot at Merle O'Curle and the Ring of Fire Championship

They was all really close match ups i thought, i'm using the grade/number hybrid genius idea.

Yuri Iliakov vs. Frank Burton

Donny Damage vs. Zack Macomber

• 3 weeks later...

Friday, Week 4, March 2013

ROF Pure Pro Wrestling

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Yuri Iliakov defeated Zack Macomber in 11:52 by pinfall with a Kiev Krush.

Hey, pretty good chemistry. Good to know. Yuri secures his spot in the finals. Who will he face?

(D+, 48)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Donny Damage defeated Frank Burton in 10:53 by pinfall.

Donny grabs the victory. Well, knowing Donny, he's going to want to be champion again... Who's going to get the shot at Wade?

(C, 63)

Frank Burton vs. Zack Macomber (For a shot at Wade)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Zack Macomber defeated Frank Burton in 15:17 by submission with a Prawn Armlock.

Well, I had originally thought about going with us for the main event. I'm glad I didn't. I hope Donny and Yuri can send the fans home happy! I know I am happy, cause I get the shot against Wade!

(D, 44)

Donny Damage vs. Yuri Iliakov (For a shot at Merle)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Yuri Iliakov defeated Donny Damage in 13:31 by pinfall with a Kiev Krush.

Holy crap! Yuri gets the win! Bigger still, Donny didn't bitch about losing! Awesome! It looks like the card for the Championship Scramble is set in stone.

(C-, 54)

Overall Rating: D+, 52

Attendance: 273

This was a tough one to call, only 1/4. How about the Championship Scramble, will we see some belts change hands? Stay tuned...

Next time on ROF Championship Scramble III:

Leigh Burton vs. Robert Brown

Don Henderson vs. Nigel Svensson

The Steel Shooters © vs. Josh Jones and Simon Ice (ROF Tag Team Championships)

Wade Orson © vs. Zack Macomber (ROF Burning Championship)

Donny Damage vs. Frank Burton © (Man of Steel Championship)

Merle O'Curle © vs. Yuri Iliakov (Ring of Fire Championship)

Saturday, Week 4, March 2013

ROF Championship Scramble III

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/LeighBurton.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/BritishSamurai.jpg

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Robert Brown defeated Leigh Burton in 15:02 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

Man, these guys don't click. Bummer on that. At least it wasn't the main event.

(D+, 51)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/DonHenderson.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/NigelSvensson.jpg

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Nigel Svensson defeated Don Henderson in 17:15 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Good match out of Don. That makes me happy.

(C, 65)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/WalterMorgan.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/BarryGriffin.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/JoshJones.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/SimonIce.jpg

The Steel Shooters © vs. Josh Jones and Simon Ice

(ROF Tag Team Championships)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Steel Shooters defeated Josh Jones and Simon Ice in 15:55 when Barry Griffin defeated Simon Ice by submission with a Powerbomb Deathlock. The Steel Shooters make defense number 3 of their Ring Of Fire Tag Championship titles.

Well, Josh and Simon aren't going to be the next great tag team. Their timing is all over the place. I can only imagine how good this match would have been otherwise.

(C, 60)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/WadeOrson.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/ZackMacomber.jpg

Wade Orson © vs. Zack Macomber

(ROF Burning Championship)

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Wade Orson defeated Zack Macomber in 28:52 by pinfall with a Bounce Back. Wade Orson makes defense number 4 of his Ring Of Fire Burning Championship title.

Wade and I are just the pairing to always have a good match. Now, I hope the two main events will only get better.

(C, 65)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/DonnyDamage.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/JohnnyStones.jpg

Donny Damage vs. Frank Burton ©

(Man of Steel Championship)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Donny Damage defeated Frank Burton in 13:54 by pinfall. Donny Damage wins the Man of Steel Championship title.

Well, way better than their match in Ireland, but with the belt on the line and the high popularity, I'm not surprised. Well, I kinda am.

(B-, 73)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/MerleOCurle.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/YuriIliakov.jpg

Merle O'Curle © vs. Yuri Iliakov

(Ring of Fire Championship)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Merle O'Curle defeated Yuri Iliakov in 17:16 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defense number 13 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

CRAP! This match did not go over well. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger...

(C-, 58)

Overall Rating: 61, C

Attendance: 1000

Well, talk about a let down for something I had been building toward. Time to take a month off and figure out what I'm going to do now.

How did everyone do?

Astil - 4/6

Bolt - 4/6

Jingo - 3/6

Astil and Bolt tie it up. How will things shape up for ROF in the future? Will teetering on the verge of Cult status destroy hurt us? To find out, stay tuned...

Note: If you take a look at some of these pictures and are unsure of what's going on, jump over to the The C-Verse Re-render Project over in the mods forum. Between me and J Silver, I think 90% of ROF has been re-rendered.

Well, I wanted to change back to a regular schedule, but I didn't get to it on the first day, so we are going to have a one month “tour” and go back to a regular schedule. It's time to try and make some money.

So, next time on ROF Better Than the Best:

Don Henderson vs. JK Lee

The Red Devils vs. The Steel Shooters © (ROF Tag Team Championships)

Jacques DuPont vs. Robert Brown

Frank Burton vs. Leigh Burton

Alton Vicious vs. Merle O'Curle © (Ring of Fire Championship)

The Future is Now vs. Josh Jones and Zack Macomber

Also, who couldn't come to terms on a new contract?

Pics look good and really help with this diary

Don Henderson vs. JK Lee

Don Henderson vs. JK Lee

Tuesday, Week 1, May 2013

ROF Better Than the Best

Edgeware Hall (South, UK)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/DonHenderson.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/JKLee.jpg

Don Henderson vs. JK Lee

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Don Henderson defeated JK Lee in 10:46 by submission with a Scottish Deathlock.

Time to get back to basics. The next four events are going to go back to basics.

(D+, 52)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/ViktorBeskov.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/YuriIliakov.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/WalterMorgan.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/BarryGriffin.jpg

The Red Devils vs. The Steel Shooters ©

(ROF Tag Team Championships)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Red Devils defeated The Steel Shooters in 11:37 when Viktor Beskov defeated Walter Morgan by submission with a Red Devil Lock. The Red Devils win the Ring Of Fire Tag Championship titles.

Guess who couldn't come to an agreement on a contract extension... If you guessed Walter Morgan, you'd be right. Super disappointing for me, you all know how much I like the guy.

(C-, 56)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/JacquesDuPont_alt1.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/BritishSamurai.jpg

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Robert Brown defeated Jacques DuPont in 16:59 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex.

Two guys that have no reason to disappoint me, yet do so quite often, Don Henderson and Robert Brown. I'll take this match from Bob, but he should be better.

(D+, 49)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/JohnnyStones.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/LeighBurton.jpg

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Frank Burton defeated Leigh Burton in 21:51 by pinfall with a Brainbuster.

The battle of the Burtons is an excellent one. I didn't expect Frank and Leigh to work this well together, and they don't even have positive chemistry!

(C+, 66)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/AltonVicious.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/MerleOCurle.jpg

Alton Vicious vs. Merle O'Curle ©

(Ring of Fire Championship)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Merle O'Curle defeated Alton Vicious in 13:15 by submission with a Celtic Wreath. Merle O'Curle makes defense number 14 of his Ring Of Fire Championship title.

Awesome match for the semi-main. Merle is the most dominating wrestler the UK has ever seen. It's going to take someone really good to get the belt off him.

(B-, 72)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/WadeOrson.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/NigelSvensson.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/JoshJones.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/ROF/ZackMacomber.jpg

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, The Future is Now defeated Josh Jones and Zack Macomber in 32:58 when Nigel Svensson defeated Josh Jones by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Well, that's the best match we've ever put on in Ring of Fire. Wow!

(B-, 76)

Overall Rating: B-, 73

Attendance: 1606

Both you guys go 5/6, Nice job. Now I'm sad that my go to tag team is gone. Lame.

Alton Vicious vs. Josh Jones

Absolutely Flawless vs. The Foreign Legion

Barry Griffin vs. Simon Ice

Don Henderson vs. Gordon Leve

Jamie Anderson vs. Nigel Svensson

Leigh Burton vs. Zack Macomber

Robert Brown vs. Wade Orson © (ROF Burning Championship)

Frank Burton and Merle O'Curle vs. The Red Devils

Archived