DOA: The Evolution of GREED

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BHK, We've been through this before.... ;) haha jk.

(The above was not written to be mean; purely joking. It's better to spell that out then have any sense of ambiguity.). :p

I'm guessing this mystery man you speak of is Acedia? The man-crush that you developed during my PSW project? haha. If so, I'm really sorry.. BUT.. I don't see him fitting into the DOA product what so ever. Nothing about "Dead Bolt" screams fast-paced, hard-hitting, aerial-offense.

Then again, maybe we can send him through the Cornellverse's version of "The Biggest Loser" & he'll find a way to acquire a whole new skill set! haha. In that case, then maybe? Just maybe... mua ha ha ha. :p

I wasn't talking about the great Acedia! I was talking about the great bitter veteran Ted Brady!:D

NARATO vs. Tom Kornell

- Like someone else said, if it was OTA, Tommy'd job. I'm guessing there's a reason it's NARATO. I can see Totally Supreme being a comedy jobber team, but in singles competition I'm betting Kornell will save some face, since basically he's Kirk Jameson. Kirk is awesome. Eyezen will be the reason they're comedy jobbers, as portrayed in their backstage skits. That'd also make sense in a metaphorical sense, since TCW aren't all that bad in terms of products a typical DOA fan would enjoy. It's the SWF that's the main 'problem' for them, TCW just get shat on because they're popular.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I thought Kornell was Steven Parker?

Tuesday, 1st Week of June 2010

... Restless, Arrogant, Youth ...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Wrestlers/JayChord.jpg

"I’m wrestling in the Dark?"

Jay Chord proclaimed with a look of disgust plastered across his baby-face. While it may sound confusing to most Industry Outsiders, Wrestling “in the dark” is a popular term utilized by those who are not delegated to compete on the “Main Show”. Instead, they are deemed as a ‘work-in-progress’ versus a fully functioning character. Something that, as you can expect, does not sit well with the self-absorbed Chord.

“Jay, It’s only for a short while. I promise.”

I continued my work; seated behind the large executive desk issued to me by the Network itself. My lack of eye contact was not a way of “sticking it” to Jay; or even an act of annoyance by being interrupted, Instead, It was simply the process by which I could not take even the slightest second away from the affairs currently set for the DOA. With that said, I continued my reasoning. Attempting to calm down the young, hot-headed, Jay Chord through the usage of realistic reasoning.

“While some are familiar with your work, I need to review where you are at this point of your career. It’s as simple as that. It shouldn’t be taken as a ‘slap in your face’, what so ever, Jay. Honestly. You’ll find your way to the ‘main show’ in no time.”

I didn’t look up; however, I could feel his beady little eyes burning a whole in my forehead. At first, there was a sense of still silence. However, with time, a hefty sigh is heard resonating within the walls of my office.

“You’ve gotta’ be kidding me. [Pauses] This Network practically begs me to come on board & yet now I’m stuck working in ‘the dark’? This is f*cking ridiculous…”

My eyes met his for a brief second as I slowly lifted my head upward. His body language spoke of someone truly annoyed over the situation at hand; His body slouched against an exposed glass wall, his hands tucked away in his ratted jeans pockets, and his head leaning up against the same wall. All in all, It was easy to see that things were not going to be as easy as I had hoped.

“Jay. Trust me. You will see ‘your day’. There’s no doubt in my mind about that. However, right now, creatively we need to find the proper niche for you here. Just give me a small window of time & I promise you’ll be happy with the outcome in the end. If you’re not, Then you can certainly walk. No questions asked. [slight Pause] Just give me a few weeks & you’ll see your name in lights. I guarantee it.”

I lied. I was playing a heavy-handed bluff; however, it was all that I could do at this point. I couldn’t risk Jay being unhappy. I certainly couldn’t risk the fact of him leaving the DOA so shortly after he joined us as it would mark the end of my short tenure here. So, in a sense, I constructed a small window for myself to figure out WHAT to do with the difficult 20-something.

My body spoke of a classic “Duck in water” scenario. My upper body calm, professional, and confident; however, my legs (hidden by my desk) were practically tap dancing with anxiety. I had to make sure that it appeared like I was in full control. Or else, I would risk losing Jay for good.

“2 weeks… If I don’t see something by then, Then I will contact my lawyers and rip my contract to pieces.”

“That’s all that I ask. 2 weeks.”

With that, Jay lazily staggers his way out of my office and back down the hallway of the Arcadia Network. His buddies, a collection of Abercrombie & Fitch wearing Frat boys, all await his departure at the end of the hallway. Exchanging arrogant smirks, While they exit into a nearby grand elevator; However, not before sexually harassing a few female interns who walk by. Purely their M-O.

As I slowly leaned back in my chair; daydreaming of my next cup of coffee, I practically jolted out of my own skin as the soft tone of Ms. Sophia Gordon penetrates through my wayward thinking.

There she stood, not an inch over 5’2; however, a grand figure none the less. With her arms folded before her, clenching an executive-styled leather folder given to her by her parents as a “going away present” upon receiving her first REAL job at the Network, her voice wrapped in elegance quickly pulls me back to reality.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/The%20Suits/SophiaGordon.jpg

“John. Mr. Tarver would like to speak to you…”

While I was happy to see the messenger, The message was something I could have done without. Why did he want to meet with me? Typically, If it were just a small matter then an email would suffice. Did Jay Chord already get to him; complaining about his initial role in the company? Was our previous ratings dip that much of a problem?

… All I could do was breathe & try to relax my mind …

… I’m sure it was nothing …

Just then, my mind quickly shifted back to the same pessimistic drone that never truly escaped my soul. Still residing underneath my years of rehab and Buddhist teachings. Waiting there like a personal demon looking to strike at any moment.

… Or it was everything? …

… Sh*t, I can’t lose another job …

<hr color="black">NEXT: A MEETING WITH MR. TARVER...

"Rapid Assault" Quick Picks

Masked Cougar vs. Torment

Cannonball Funk & Pecker-Stream vs. Roy Edison & The Moral Majority

NARATO vs. Tom Kornell

Johnny Vicious vs. Acid & Rayne Man

NARATO vs. Tom Kornell

Nice. Tarver drops the hammer!!!

well ok maybe not but looking forward to what comes next.

Trevor

Tuesday, 1st Week of June 2010

... An Industry 'Chokeout' ...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/The%20Suits/SophiaGordon.jpg

“Don’t worry, John. You’re not losing your job.”

It’s almost as if she could sense my fear. Then again, I am sure that my inability to truly hide my anxious stammering is an obvious give-away. Up until now, I’ve been blessed with an unnatural level of personal confidence. Call it ignorance if you will; however, the truth is the DOA was slowly gaining support within the corporate ranks of the Arcadia Network. I am not stupid though. I know that THIS position is quite unique, versus most head booker roles, as I am always a bad rating away from having my employment here at the Network terminated. Simply replaced by the next mindless drone looking to “make it in Hollywood”. Either way, Sophia’s act of pure beauty, saving me from my initial fear of unemployment, garnered enough mental clarity to suppress my current self-defeating mantra.

“Oh GOD, really? [A deep breathe is released; a moment of utter-calm begins to manifest itself] That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day. Thank you, Ms. Gordon.”

It felt weird to call her Ms. Gordon as I was roughly six years older than her. Also, a superior of her’s within the corporate ladder of the Network. All in all, though, I was just ecstatic to have received such good news. Purely in love with the messenger as their words carry enough power to usher in a new state of personal ease. No longer was I in need of thinking over flight plans back home, where I could potentially find a new job, and how I would explain, yet another, firing to my family. Luckily, with one simple phrase, Ms. Gordon had given me a sense of much needed tranquility.

“Ms. Gordon? [A genuine stint of laughter follows] You can call me, Sophia. There’s no need for professional greetings with me. [slight pause] I’m just a simple girl, wrapped in a complex world.”

I knew exactly what she was saying. Almost as if we were stuck in the same revolving mouse-wheel: Always looking to PROVE ourselves to others. She, an up-start straight out of college looking to conquer the world one boring task at a time, and I, a former addict with an inherent need of self-justification, were on opposite sides of the world as it pertains to our experiences in life; however, both found ourselves stuck in the crazed scenario that is the TV industry.

We turned the corner, lightly walked down another hallway, and came upon Mr. Tarver’s glorious apartment-like office. I call it that; because, it wasn’t your typical office by any means. It stood on two levels, open to as much sunlight as possible with glass walls, overlooking a beautiful grassy field that surrounds the Network headquarters. So, needless to say, as I walk through the over sized door frame, My high-level of anxiety slowly started to re-capture my mind. With Sophia no longer at my side, I was alone to my thoughts. Alone to the pure fear that once crippled my perceptual existence a few moments ago.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/The%20Suits/JensenTarver.jpg

The Brains of Arcadia

“John! Just the man I was looking for… [Looks to my side] Thank you, Ms. Gordon”.

His excitement was not unique to this situation alone as Mr. Tarver is often seen as an Enigma. A highly successful TV executive without the massive ego that tends to come hand-in-hand with the position. No, he was actually quite humble in his demeanor. Awkwardly refreshing, quirky even to a sense; however, able to “drop-the-hammer” when need be. Maybe that was the mark of his success: The ability to suck you in with kindness, guide you toward your own success through his grace, and ultimately deal with you accordingly if you do not ‘produce at a high level’.

“Sit, John. I have great news for you and the DOA as a whole!”

My perception of the situation quickly shifts toward that of combined excitement as I subconsciously find myself matching Mr. Taver’s tone. This was a gift that Jensen possessed; the ability to inspire others to follow in his view of the world.

We sat.

“First and foremost, I’ve enjoyed what you’ve constructed so far with the DOA. You’ve given the show its own twist & that’s exactly why we hired you in the first place. Your ability to create a unique tone is unrivaled in your industry. So, I give to you a hearty “Bravo”.”

I was practically floored following Mr. Tarver’s opening statement. The exact opposite of what I was expecting to hear.

“I know that ‘Rapid Assault’ dipped in the ratings last week; however, I’m not overly worried that it will stand as a trend. You win some, and you lose some, from week-to-week. Just keep your mind focused on ‘winning’ more than ‘losing’ and you’ll go far within the Network.”

I felt as if I should check my mouth; afraid that it was dangling closer to the floor at this point. Making it quite obvious that I was in a state of awe over such high praises from my boss.

“Thank you, Mr. Tarver. Honestly, Thank you…”

“Jensen. Mr. Tarver is my Father.”

He responded with a hearty stint of laughter. Knowing that his return to my statement was kind-hearted; however, also knowing that it was quite cliché at this point. Often used by 30 something’s looking to mask the fact that they were growing older.

“Great, Thank you, Jensen. It truly does mean a lot.”

There was a brief silence for a second and then it happened. A decision passed down by the Network that would certainly change the course of the DOA forever.

“Recently, I personally attended a few ‘meet & greet’ functions with various DOA fans and, I have to say, I was floored by their dedication. The pro wrestling industry REALLY cultivates a large sector of the viewing population. Just another example to justify our reasons of developing our own programming.”

He was truthful in his statement; I could sense it in the way he spoke. It’s a fact though, The Pro Wrestling industry has found a way to keep a loyal fan base from childhood to death. There’s something about the pageantry, the competition, the underlying “Anti-Authority” complex that most wrestling companies use as a psychological weapon; Pulling at our inherent want for defying reality. Defying rules and those who administer them.

“With that being said, One consistent theme that I heard from each and every guest was that of a need for ‘Innovation’. For years, things have become quite stagnant it seems & most wrestling fans are practically begging for a new ‘vision’. [A slight pause follows] When pressing them further as to what they would potentially want to see, I received a whole array of answers. However, one that stood true with me was the creation of a concept championship unique to the U.S. landscape of Pro Wrestling.”

With that, Jensen leans forward a tad; placing a shiny black briefcase on his desk before me. With an anticipatory smile upon his face, He continues to relay his message of “Innovation”.

“We met with a smaller collection of DOA viewers on a later date & opened the floor to any & all ideas as it pertains to this NEW Championship. Again, A lot of ideas were brought forward; however, one reigned quite supreme. So, I contacted the very company that rendered the two previous DOA Championship’s, ReapeR Renders, and placed a rush order for said Title. In a matter of days, It was delivered straight to me… Here at the Network.”

I was somewhat scared as to what Jensen was about to display to me. Another Championship in the DOA? I was quite happy with only having one singles title, and a tag title, at this point as most head bookers are afraid of saturating the market with too many Champions. Well, at least any well thought out Booker would fear such a scenario. So, with that being said, I sat in my chair, slightly afraid; however, intrigued as to what the DOA fans themselves had inspired.

“I give to you…”

His hands quickly unlock the briefcase, spinning it toward me, as there it sat. A gleaming piece of artwork. Beautiful in its display & powerful in its message.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/Eisen-verse/Misc%20Banners/Chokeout.jpg

“The DOA Chokeout Championship”.

I could guess where this was going; however, suspended by own analysis in which to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth.

“With the rise of MMA in the sports-world, The DOA Chokeout Championship will tug at the very fabric of those accepting the new form of fighting. In a way, We can never truly compete with the sport of MMA due in large to the fact that they are a legit form of competition. Even the most highly competitive wrestling products will never receive the kind of credit that most basement dwelling MMA organizations will posses. So, what do we do? We ‘piggy-back’ on their rise & ultimately project a championship title based solely on the fact of submissive-warfare.”

I was even more intrigued now, as the thought of a pure submission-based championship was like music to my ears. Within a matter of seconds, The DOA had gone from being a simple “rebellious” modern wrestling promotion to that of an all-inclusive… simple rebellious modern product.

“I love it, Jensen. Simply love it.”

“I thought you would! Now, We don’t expect for you to introduce it to the masses this week; however, we would like to see the Chokeout Championship make it’s debut sometime by the end of the month. Is that possible?”

It was possible; however, it forces me to change my initial idea for what the next month was going to look like. Then again, I wasn’t going to say that to Jensen. Instead, I matched his excitement in return.

“You can count on it.”

“Great! You and I, John. You and I are going to revolutionize the industry…”

A small, but resounding, nod is the only response that I could conjure up. It was true, We were on a path toward revolutionizing the industry.

… I just hope our ’Innovative’ tone ultimately brings us critically acclaimed success …

… And that it doesn’t usher in our demise …

… For, sometimes, ‘Innovation’ is seen as a ‘new wave’ toward something cool …

… However, other times, it falls flat & only makes you seem like an “Outsider” …

… We, the DOA, were hoping to find the first outcome …

<hr color="black">

"Rapid Assault" Quick Picks

NARATO vs. Tom Kornell

Uck, a MMA belt in the high flying DOA? No offence but that could spell disaster. Personally I see MMA and Wrestling as two very different beasts, and mixing them together results in b@stard children.

I mean EV, the audience you'd be building up is excited about all these guys doing cool flips and stuff...high octane, fast paced action. MMA is the exact opposite of that. It's slow, lumbering, often-drawn out with long holds and submissions...how do you plan to mesh that within the current DOA roster? I mean besides Torment and Edison who could even hold the belt credible and maintain the theme of an MMA belt?

A dangerous and risky move bookerman, dangerous and risky.

Uck, a MMA belt in the high flying DOA? No offence but that could spell disaster. Personally I see MMA and Wrestling as two very different beasts, and mixing them together results in b@stard children.

I mean EV, the audience you'd be building up is excited about all these guys doing cool flips and stuff...high octane, fast paced action. MMA is the exact opposite of that. It's slow, lumbering, often-drawn out with long holds and submissions...how do you plan to mesh that within the current DOA roster? I mean besides Torment and Edison who could even hold the belt credible and maintain the theme of an MMA belt?

A dangerous and risky move bookerman, dangerous and risky.

Don't write off a Submission-based title as being "Slow and Boring" simply because that's what you see MMA as. :D

The DOA can easily fuse a submission title with that of their typical product for these reasons:

1) The Chokeout matches will be the exact same style as most DOA matches; however, with a submission that ends the match versus a pinfall. So, there's no real change to the match itself. Just how you WIN that match.

2) You can still flip around, deliver fast-paced action, and lock in a submission hold here and there. As the DOA has never been a "spot-monkey" product; but rather, a modern/slightly daredevil form of competition.

3) People like Torment, Edison, Acid, and Johnny Vicious already have a brusing style & an ability to use submission-based moves. So, to them, nothing changes expect for a simple conept title that could potentially be theirs if the right situation arrises.

EDIT: Here is a list of all the guys currently on the roster with a "C-" (or better) for submission abilities.

* Acid, Dragon, Jettstream, Vicious, Keith, OTA, Edison, Flash, Perez, and Torment.

4) I'm not going to hire slower guys to compete for the title. I'll still employ the same wrestlers (focused on fast-paced, modern action); however, but who also have the ability to actually wrestle. If you look at most of the roster right now, More than half of the guys can already fit into this role.

All in all, It's not really a MMA title. That's just how Jensen Tarver posed it, Knowing that they had to attempt to pull in those viewers. In the end, The DOA Chokeout Championship will not change in-ring action what so ever. It will be 100% the same kind of competition, Just with the winner needing to use a Submission hold versus having pinfalls available.

Does that make sense alittle more?

OK, I see, it's more of a submission to win belt rather than a MMA style belt. Ok, that could work.

Yea, I'm sorry as my "MMA-connection" above probably painted the wrong picture for the Title. It's going to be booked as a (as you put it) "Submission-to win" Championship. Not taking something away from the product, but rather, adding something unique to the fray.

I thought about just adding another "Secondary Title" that really had no direction; however, that felt very foreign to the narrative I was trying to convey with the DOA. (Trying to innovate instead of fall in the same traps). So, the idea of a submission-based concept title fit in well with my roster already & wouldn't have to change the style of competition what so ever.

In the end, It gives the title a unique feel to it versus just a random "North American Title" or something along that line.

I think its a great idea, actually. A submission belt works in most promotions, unless it is entirely contrary to the product. The division doesn't have to be anything wild or esoteric - just have it defended in submission matches.

Trying to integrate MMA crossover is tough. Basic elements, yes. But where you get into shoot fights and such... It starts to hit a middle ground that doesn't really work either way... and I think that would be why INSPIRE died. However, the idea of MMA crossover - and thereby potentially drawing in new fans - would definitely appeal to a network. So even if its not really the intent Greed has here, using the idea to sell it to the execs would be a smart move.

FrigginFanTastic! :eek:

I love the idea of the new Choke out Championship. Can't wait to see it make its debut.

Thank you, CZCW!

The DOA Chokeout Championship probably won't make its debut for a few weeks realistically. Why? I have a few other things in mind that will most likely take most of the focus. So, wanting to give the belt an ability to have it's own "night" per se, the first champion may not be crowned until the end of June 2010 (in-game wise; The end of this month).

I think its a great idea, actually. A submission belt works in most promotions, unless it is entirely contrary to the product. The division doesn't have to be anything wild or esoteric - just have it defended in submission matches.

Trying to integrate MMA crossover is tough. Basic elements, yes. But where you get into shoot fights and such... It starts to hit a middle ground that doesn't really work either way... and I think that would be why INSPIRE died. However, the idea of MMA crossover - and thereby potentially drawing in new fans - would definitely appeal to a network. So even if its not really the intent Greed has here, using the idea to sell it to the execs would be a smart move.

Exactly. If it completely goes against the overall product then it can be seen as a "sore thumb". Then again, even the SWF has a "Shooting Star" title and one could say that it kinda goes against the overall product as a whole? Either way, I really think that the Chokeout Championship will meld quite well with the current DOA product. Fast paced, hard hitting, daredevil, in-your-face wrestling goes hand-in-hand, I think, with a concept title built around someone needing to use Submission moves to win a match. Doesn't mean it's going to be bogged down by a slower pace. It just means that those in this division HAVE to have the ability to simply keep up with the pace while also having an expert knowledge in defeating others through submissive means! :D

As for the Network, That's kinda why I wanted to pose its creation in this manor. That way, there was a sense of knowledge as to why the belt was created versus just throwing it out there to be mentally digested by the masses. All in all, It was the Network's idea in which to bring some cross-over fans toward the DOA.

In my mind, A modern company would be exactly that... A Modern Wrestling Promotion. So, in a sense, they would try to push the envelope as to what you can expect in this 'new product' versus what would be expected in your garden-variety traditional company. Adding a submission-based belt (not seen in the US wrestling scene in the Cornellverse) would be taking a step forward in trying to bring a 'innovative feel' to a somewhat boring landscape (that being the industry as a whole).

Thanks for your insight, BigPapa!! Always great to hear from the master himself. ;)

By the way, I vote Sayeed Ali and Rudy Velásquez for Season 2 auditions.

Sayeed Ali: While not very high flying he certainly one of the Cornellverse's more open characters, being able for a number of roles: The Gangsta, The Hired Gun, the Badass, The Bodyguard, Shaft, Enforcer...he just seems to have a cool vibe to him, and does have some serious brawling and menace skills to back it up. With an obvious connection to "street" culture, Sayeed Ali's presence would give DOA an instantly more gritty feeling. Think of a less talk, more violence New Jack if heel, or an Omar Little type (from the Wire) if face.

Rudy Velásquez: HIGHLY under-rated due to his association with the Latino Kings, Rudy SHOULD be noted as Shawn Gonzalez's prize student: A wrestler who is equally comfortable on the mat, in the air or throwing fists. A truly remarkable all rounder, this young man really has potential to surpise his doubters. Character wise similar to Sayeed Ali, only with more room for a more "legit/traditional" angle being Gonzalez's student. Think Homicide before people found out he could wrestle with the best of them. It'd also be interesting to see a guy who didn't get over so much in DAVE get over in DOA, thus begging the question can Greed see talent just as well as Vibert can? By the way if you haven't seen it, there's an amazing alt of Rudy without the gang clothes and do-rag where he looks very legit, very tough, but more "clean" I suppose.

By the way, I vote Sayeed Ali and Rudy Velásquez for Season 2 auditions.

Sayeed Ali: While not very high flying he certainly one of the Cornellverse's more open characters, being able for a number of roles: The Gangsta, The Hired Gun, the Badass, The Bodyguard, Shaft, Enforcer...he just seems to have a cool vibe to him, and does have some serious brawling and menace skills to back it up. With an obvious connection to "street" culture, Sayeed Ali's presence would give DOA an instantly more gritty feeling. Think of a less talk, more violence New Jack if heel, or an Omar Little type (from the Wire) if face.

Rudy Velásquez: HIGHLY under-rated due to his association with the Latino Kings, Rudy SHOULD be noted as Shawn Gonzalez's prize student: A wrestler who is equally comfortable on the mat, in the air or throwing fists. A truly remarkable all rounder, this young man really has potential to surpise his doubters. Character wise similar to Sayeed Ali, only with more room for a more "legit/traditional" angle being Gonzalez's student. Think Homicide before people found out he could wrestle with the best of them. It'd also be interesting to see a guy who didn't get over so much in DAVE get over in DOA, thus begging the question can Greed see talent just as well as Vibert can? By the way if you haven't seen it, there's an amazing alt of Rudy without the gang clothes and do-rag where he looks very legit, very tough, but more "clean" I suppose.

Sadly, Celt, I have certain reasons why both won't work in the DOA. One is purely based upon ability & the other is based upon an Owner's Rule set forth in the game.

Rudy = Can't hire him because he's had "Trouble with the Law". It's an Owner's goal not to hire someone who has had such a track record & I don't think I would take the "hit" by hiring him against Taver's wishes. It sucks cause I really do like the idea of using him; however, I don't want to break the rules for someone like Rudy. If it were a big name SWF reject than Yes!! But, for Rudy, it would probably be a stupid move from an in-game perspective.

Sayeed = He's got a great look & the ability to brawl with the best of em on the Indy Scene, but, he has an "E-" for aerial ability. While his athleticism is around a "B-" (which is GREAT for a company like the DOA), I can't realistically hire him when he doesn't totally fit the product style. ya know? He certainly would be easy to book though as there are many different roles he could play! Maybe, if i can find someone like him but a faster version of him, then I could play off that role in the DOA!

Eh, you might laugh but Slim V could fill that street culture role. I'm nowhere as big a fan of V's as Ali's but I do think Slim is under-rated considering in 2010 he's only 23 yet is just below C-s in his aerials skills.

If you were looking to bring in some like that shortlist Slim V and see if his skills are improving fast enough. If he is Slim V could be one for the future. Maybe not a top star but an alright midcarder anyways.

Sucks about Velásquez, DOA could have been a real fit for him.

AKA....Torment's belt :D (sorry I am a BIG Marc Speed fan)

As am I. :D

I especially love the fact that he's added a little weight to his frame as well. So now he's even more of a menacing figure.

By the way what font is that used for the text "pure innovation"?

It's called "Extravaganza" via Picnik.com!

This was something that just came to mind to ask, it's more out of personal curiousity. In the last network review, they mentioned that the Totally Supreme segments were doing well, was that based upon the general community's love for them, or are they actually getting good ratings?

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing you write a Chokeout Championship match. I haven't read a ton of DOA matches admittedly, but given the roster and the few submission guys, I think it'd be a fantastic challenge to read.

This was something that just came to mind to ask, it's more out of personal curiosity. In the last network review, they mentioned that the Totally Supreme segments were doing well, was that based upon the general community's love for them, or are they actually getting good ratings?

It was noted for both reasons actually. A) They've been able to grab decent grades for the most part (D to D+) and B) there has been an overwhelming show of love here on the boards for them as well! So, taking a little bit of reality, I decided to push forward with that being a note from the Network.

In a sense, Those who consider themselves readers of this diary are, in a sense, those who I turn to as my "Viewing Audience" (just as any TV show would). So, I'll often pick up what's been said by varying people & incorporate that into the "Network Notes". Outside of that, the section is used to give insight as to who turned, who is hot right now, and any hinting to any sort of in-game shifts.

But yes, to answer your question, a little bit of both! :D

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing you write a Chokeout Championship match. I haven't read a ton of DOA matches admittedly, but given the roster and the few submission guys, I think it'd be a fantastic challenge to read.

It's all good. No worries, Rayelek!! I understand how it goes when it comes to reading a show. There's a lot of work that goes into every single line of detail, so, it'd be great to have people really give it a thorough reading BUT I don't expect it outright. (As I'm sure it would be quite impossible to keep up to date at all times. ha) That being said, I'm really excited to write for the Division as well!! All three titles have their own vibes.

Chokeout = As said, still fast-paced; however, those competing for said title NEED to have an expert knowledge in defeating others through means of Submissions.

Death-Defying Duo = Crazily fast paced, almost borderline reckless, as these are not your typical tag titles. They follow more of the Lucha Libre version of tag team wrestling... Not necessarily needing to tag your partner in which to make them a legal man (simply rolling out of the ring counts). So, with this in mind, the action is quite seamless & rather accelerated in nature.

DOA Championship = The "cream of the crop". What everyone strives for in the DOA & something to carry with Pride. As you can see by the initial storyline hovering around the Title, It takes a special competitor to carry the title as Eric Tyler is only willing to give title shots to those who ultimately earn their place. That being said, even "The Voice of Reason" is quite flawed in his reasoning & some who really deserve the shot may be pushed aside due to personal hatred. ;)

Your deep insight into the DOA is something that I really like about this Dynasty. I love reading all the backstory information just as mutch as your shows as you really do a great job of creating a true atmosphere. Its great to know why certain decisions were made by Greed in-show based upon the fact that the Network was calling for it. Its very refreshing.

Like I said before. I can't wait to see the Choke out Title make its debut. Even if that doesn't come for a few months. Just a cool idea all together.

Archived