Great job Arlie

Yes, Excellent work Arlie! I thought I'd share my first season here. I was San Jose St. my hometown. I scheduled powerpuffs this season just to get rolling, I already play in the "wack" WAC. Well I went 11-0! Awesome season. Had the #1 defense in the country. Great group of LBs in a 3-4. What was even more great, was I had two studs at RB in a smash mouth offense. But one got suspended for over half the season so I had to keep adjusting starting player % time. Then my QB goes down, again had to change things up. I almost lost a couple of times, beating San Diego St on the last play of the game in a 35-34 thriller! I was jumping aroung the house like a madman! That put me at 10-0 I had already clinched the weak WAC. But the country hated me. They new we hadnt played anybody, playing the second easiest schedule in the country. But hey I was trying to build confidence in my program. My AD had said just dont embarass us and try to beat Fresno St (our rival). Well I did all that. But went it got to the conference championships I still was only ranked #13, #14 in rolls. #12 in GDS. And #27 in th RPI. Not respect. Well I won COY, which at least someone saw how hard it is to go undefeated no matter who you play. My RB (the backup) was WAC POY. But got no love nationally. I should mention I had one of the better special teams in the country My KR/PR ran back 2 Kickoffs for TDs and 4 Punts! And didnt win the Mosi Tatupu award, he was rob! After the coference championships. We are up to #7 in all the polls, and #4 in the computers. But still Didnt get a BCS bid. There were to many other good teams. So we are playing MAryland in our little WAC bowl game. BTW, FLorida ST and Auburn (both 12-0) are playing in th ROse Bowl. So its off to play my bowl game and try to show we arent a fluke. Ala Utah last year. We conference, weak schedule, didnt play anyone in the top 25, trying to prove ourselves. Well, that my story. I'm having a hella of a great time playing this game. Yes it has all the bugs everyone keeps mentioning. But I know most will be cleared by the release and other thru patches. Congratulaions Arlie, you have made a top notch game and deserve much praise. I cant tell you enough how impressed I am. Props to ICY for the logo pack and I think pstats 1.2 They work great and give the game a great feel! So off to go BOWLING then on to go recruiting. If anyone has questions about my season, I'll try to answer them. Arlie, I my only real gripe at this point is more plays. But maybe you didnt put them all in for the demo. Congrats again, I cant wait for the final release!

half n half. Early in the season I was calling my own plays. In conference play I just watched. I did alot of scouting and made gameplan adjustments every week. I looked every week to find weakness on the other team and make adjustments on O and D. Like running on the edges more if a team was weak at DE and OLB. Or blitzing a particular player more on a weak OL. Fresno St in particular had a real Weak LT, so I blitzed alot to his side. BTW I lost the COmputer Bowl to Maryland. 20-13. That was the score at the half, then both teams made adjustments and shut the other down in the second half. I couldnt get my running game going at all. I split time between both backs after my main back got off probation for the post-season. But it didnt matter. Maryland was stronger in the trenches on both sides of the ball. My QB really struggled, because we had to throw too much. We usually throw out of Play act, but werent in a good position to do that. Excellent season though. And a astounding game. Ive coached youth to semi-pro football for that past 10 yrs and this game plays very naturally. Im really interested to see how recruiting goes, now that we had a winning season. We finished in the top in all polls ranked anywhere form 7th-9th. The highest of any west coast team. FL st. beat Auburn 37-31 in the Rose Bowl. I did call the plays in the Bowl game.

Archived