It seems to be the trend. I'm curious to hear how other people out there are dealing with Hardcore in America.

The biggest obstacle I ran into using the default data was the huge extremes between hardcore match content.

It was either low/very low (hardcore, first blood, tables, weapons) or very high (everything else). I ended up having to add a bunch of matches to provide a better range of content.

Anyway, how are you using your roster? Who are you pushing? Who are you hiring in?

I'm struggling with PSW as i'm trying to put people in very high danger matches or even high danger matches and the keep refusing

I'm pushing Nelson Callum as my National Champion (hope to make him Main Event Material)

Hopefully going to sign the Cano Brothers as my tag team division i feel needs boosting

I'm still trying to get the sick bumps to work. In test games I've specificlaly hired people who are driven and they won't do it :(

Little Bill starts out as very driven but I think he's too old and spoiled to pull off a sick bump.

@FIN: I envy you with WEXXV, with Ryu's entertainment & popularity, and all the SOB's willingness to do terrible things to themselves. Gareth Wayne & Bullwrecker will do just about anything from what I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

The game itself has hard codes in it to prevent you from cheating to an extent.

For example, any use of fire or glass automatically becomes very high injury and content risk. If you try and put it to anything less, it will tell you

"a match involving a light tube must be very high content risk" for example. So you can't cheat it too bad, just do what makes sense. I generally just copied the 1 vs 1 hardcore match and just bumped up injury/content risk to average for thumbtacks and high for weapons & barbwire

What is an example of a light tube being used in wrestling, and why is it very high content risk?

Light tube = flourescent lights.

It causes lots of blood and has a pretty high "oh s***" factor to it. All glass in TEW is automatically at very high content/injury risk.

What is an example of a light tube being used in wrestling, and why is it very high content risk?

Light tubes are being used in ultraviolent wrestling feds, who produce garbage wrestling. Go to the youtube and write "light tubes wrestling" or something like that to the search, but may I warn you.. It might not be suited for some people.

2.) SWIFT has good mods but I'm not sure if he has done one for TEW2010. However the only match you really need is 'American Deathmatch' as I call it; It's the same as Deathmatch but without light tubes and bed of nails, so that you can set Content & Danger levels to High.

I have trouble booking angles and interviews as PSW, even if they are good, say having Parker, or Ash in them, they always fail, getting the note "the crowd came to see matches" any one else have problems like that? or solutions?

Easy, it's because the match/angle ratio is at 90/10% which means that only the very few and very popular dudes can do angles and even then I think Overness has to be rated in atleast for one person. Change it to 80/20% or even 70/30% to get rid of the problem. I really don't know why PSW's ratio is like that in the default db, especially when the product is biased much more popularity which means that people get over by angles and 90/10% just isn't going to do the job, it should be 80-70%. That's why PSW is hard to book unless you change the ratio and that's why PSW fails when it's being booked by the CPU.

I have trouble booking angles and interviews as PSW, even if they are good, say having Parker, or Ash in them, they always fail, getting the note "the crowd came to see matches" any one else have problems like that? or solutions?

set the match ratio to 80%.

Easy, it's because the match/angle ratio is at 90/10% which means that only the very few and very popular dudes can do angles and even then I think Overness has to be rated in atleast for one person. Change it to 80/20% or even 70/30% to get rid of the problem. I really don't know why PSW's ratio is like that in the default db, especially when the product is biased much more popularity which means that people get over by angles and 90/10% just isn't going to do the job, it should be 80-70%. That's why PSW is hard to book unless you change the ratio and that's why PSW fails when it's being booked by the CPU.

awesome thank you much!

/nod. Then again, it is cult heavy so people aren't showing up to see sports entertainment crap ;)

Archived