Fox Mask in: Farewell to the Coastal Zone?

EisenVerse... *shudder* November, Weeks 1 and 2 Week 1, TV: Team Fox (Remo, Bruce, McClean) vs Team Skull (Keith, Lobby, Frehley). That's an ugly match. Torn between my desire to pin Skull and my desire to not do this for the next hour, I hit the button. DUD. Winner: Team Fox. Week 2, Break Like The Wind: Fox Mask vs Skull DeBones! Well, actually, Fox Mask (with Robbie Retro and Stuart Ferdinand) vs Skull DeBones (with Remo). And we're curtain-jerking. Um... I hate handicap matches. Eject! DUD. Winner: Team Fox. Week 2, TV: Fox vs... Lobby. Eh. Fox owns most of the match, working on Lobby's leg. Fox puts Lobby in the corner for the Flipoff, but Lobby stages a comeback, reversing and punishing Fox. Fox takes things outside when he's unable to finish Lobby, making use of chairs at ringside. A table into the ring, Lobby into the ring, Fox into the ring, piledriver through the table. Lobby kicks out. Fox leaves the ring and puts in another table. The ref throws it out. Fox puts in another one and yells at the ref. Fox misses a moonsualt and goes through the table himself, barely kicking out at two. Lobby is busted open by a Fox Hunting for two. GMK gets 2 at 30:00 and it's been about 15:00 more than it should have taken Fox to win. Ref bump, Shell Fish Shock, no count. Figure Four, Fox taps, but no ref. High Cross Body, no count. Lobster Trap! No ref! Fox Hunting! Ref is up! ONE! TWO! SKULL! Sit-out underhook facebuster by Fox! Lobby somehow manages to kick out! Lobster Trap! ONE! TWO! THREE! 34:00, B-. Ah, we're back to "I would have won if not for Skull" routine... but it should lead to a title match eventually... if Skull doesn't manage to lose it before we meet.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
November, Weeks 3 and 4 Week 3, TV: Fox and Warlord Pain vs Team Iron, while Skull DeBones faced Runaway Train. Team Iron is William Hayes and Lobster Warrior. Hey, don't ask me, I didn't make it. But this is, apparently, for the SWF Tag Team Titles, which keeps me from hitting the Eject button. Fox and Lobby start. Lobby controls for a good while until Fox is able to tag in Pain. Lobby tags in Hayes right afterwards. Hayes get brutalized in and out of the ring, and tags Lobby back in at 11:00. Three minutes later, a bruised Lobby is tagging back out. Getting tired, Pain tags Fox back in at 17:00. Arm wringer triple kick! Corkscrew Legdrop! Charging Basement Dropkick! Hayes desperately tags Lobby back in. Lobby regains control, and Fox can't seem to avoid anything until he sends Lobby over the ropes! Plancha! DDT to a chair! Lobby doesn't like that and goes nuts! Fox recovers by smashing Lobby into the ringpost and busting him open! Dropkick takes out Lobby's knee! Back in the ring, Lobby ducks the GMK and tags out at 25:00. Vertical suplex, Fox falls on top for a near three. CORNER! TOP! YIP YIP HOW... owww, Fox gets pushed off. Piledriver, GMK is ducked again, and Lobby is back in. Fox looks back at Pain... and decides to finish it. Slips out of a backbreaker, FOX HUNTING! But no, only two, as usual. But a sit-down underhook facebuster hits, one, two, three. Your winners, and new SWF World Tag Team Champions, Johnathan Sasune and Warlord Pain: Reckless Life! (30 minutes, C match) Fox decided the bookers must be crazy... but he was holding gold in the SWF. And Skull managed to retain against Train, so his shot at the big belt was still there...

Archived