coach question

• 5 months later...
[QUOTE=jbmagic]your offensive coor and defensive coor. comes with a preference offense and defense. what happens if you choose a different offense and defense preference? do you get a bonus picking the same offensive and defensive coordinator's preference?[/QUOTE] Tim Plum responded to this question saying that there IS a bonus for picking the same formation as the OC or DC prefers. I have a DC that prefers the 3-3-5 defense. I set my defensive philosophy to 3-3-5. I run the 3-3-5 between 33-50% of the time, and according to the stats on my defensive strategy page, the 3-3-5 gives up a greater YPC and YPA than the 3-4 and the 4-6 defenses, which I also use about 20-30% of the time (each). [B]Where is the bonus?[/B] I've noticed this happening over several seasons, with several coordinators and different personnel.

Nothing definitive here, but [I]possibly[/I] your personnel isn't suited for the 3-3-5 despite that being the coordinator's preference. Odd that it would happen for several seasons, but possible. Hopefully someone in the know can give you a "real" answer.

Archived