Warrior's Heart Organization: WHO are we?

From Toshimata Tanaka's January 2011 Article in Japanese Wrestling Today

The Warrior's Heart Organization. Never heard of them? Well don't be surprised most people haven't. Although they've grown since their debut in January of 2010 they are still only known by 1 in 5 wrestling fans in their home region and maybe 1 in 20 throughout the rest of Japan. Anyone who isn't seriously into the sport probably has no clue that this small little rag tag group exists.

So what is the Warrior's Hear Organization? and who are their workers? Well I've been following the group since since its inception, more by accident than anything else. It seems that WHO started in the gym around the corner from my apartment and it started on a day I happened to be there working out. The founder of the company is a masked worker who goes by the name of Lobo Solitario. An American by birth, trained (if you could call it that) in Mexico and now living in Japan, wrestling has apparently been a globe spanning passion of his. Apparently Solitario got permission to rent out the gym space and set up his ring, which according to him cost him every Yen he had and so like most ideas WHO was born broke and struggling.

I spoke with the masked man on that first fateful and asked him what his goals. "My goal is to have a place where young workers can come and hone their skills before moving on to bigger and better things" said the 32 year old American. " My secondary goal is a little more selfish. I want to train myself by surrounding myself with the best young talent I can find." One goal noble the other self-serving but either way WHO was formed and looking for its first batch of youngsters.

The initial roster consisted of Lobo Solitario and eleven younger wrestlers some with experience in the bigger promotions and some not. WHO's goal was allow anyone with the willingness to fight joined their ranks no matter their size or gender of the eleven workers on the roster four of them were women. Amber Allen, Chikafusa Tadeshi, Chiyeko Kita, Japanese Phoenix, Kinuye Mushashibo ,Lion Genji, Kaii Hanari, Musashi, Sakura Sada, Tsurayuki Kamachi and Unstoppable Tai made up the initial roster. In their first meeting I heard a number of the youngest wrestler talk about wishing to stick it out with the company to the bitter end. When I asked Lobo Solitario about this intense sense of loyalty he had this to say.

"Although it is an honor to have such a loyal roster I'm not sure such young competitors committing to such a small promotion is a wise idea. I believe I will have to instate a new rule in WHO. All who sign on are expected to work four tours, a full year with the company, barring special circumstances. After a year of serving with WHO workers are free to stay or go as they please as I will not hold them to any pledge of loyalty to the company. As WHO grows these rules may change but for now I will stand by this and I will speak with the roster concerning this matter."

Continued in part 2 of the article WHO Year One

WHO was started from scratch as a 0/0/0/0 fed in Japan with a touring schedule. With most of the workers being lightweight and fliers the product is;

Key - Modern

Heavy - Realism

Medium - Pure

Although I started the game in 2010 the first show will be from the first tour in 2011.

And that should be all the game based information I'm going to give. Everything else will be done in news articles and show write ups.

From Toshimata Tanaka's second January 2011 Article in Japanese Wrestling Today

WHO had four tours in 2010 each only one month long. Apparently the two months in between each tour was spend scrounging up the capital just to pay the worker's salaries. The tours included Heart's Longing Tour, Highest Honor Tour, Broken Battlefield Tour and Bitter End Tour.

Heart's Longing Tour

This tour was all of three shows and saw the crowning of both the WHO Allied Hearts Champions and the WHO Platinum Warrior Champion. The main title was battle over in an eight man tournament, while the tag team belts were decided on the first night in the opening bout when Chiyeko Kita and Kinuye Mushashibo beat out owner Lobo Solitario and fellow American Amber Allen. Kita & Mushashibo would defend the titles against Kaii Hanari and Sakura Sada and then Solitario & Allen again at the final show of the tour called For The Taking

The four opening bouts for WHO Platinum Warrior title saw Chikafusa Tadeshi go over Kaii Hanari, Unstoppable Tai take out Musashi, Japanese Pheonix beat Sakura Sada and Tsurayuki Kamachi win over Lion Genji. Round two would lose Chikfusa, who got beat by Tsurayuki, and Phoenix, who put on a good match with some great in ring chemistry with Unstoppable Tai. The Final match of the tournament at For The Taking had Kamachi beat Tai for the title in an incredible (D-) bout which with the equally good (D-) Allied Hearts title match before it would set the tone for WHO's growth (to Small from Local).

Highest Honor Tour

With WHO growing in size they brought in more talent to fill out the roster. Japanese women's worker Yukiko Matsumara, Swedish technician Nigel Svennson who had been let go by Ring of Fire Early on and for the first time two workers who were already employed, albeit in America. American Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Samoan Arthur Dexter Bradley round out the additions to the roster.

The Highest Honor Tour saw a lot of tag team action as all of the Warriors were tested in allied battle. Amber Allen was moved into a tag team with Sakura Sada as they both moved up in importance on the roster while Lobo Solitario was teamed with incoming Yukikio Matsumara bothing having moved past being Young Lions by this point. Japanese Phoenix team with Unstoppable Tai, although they didn't show the same great chemistry in a team as they did against each other. Other teams included Tadeshi & Kamachi, Smith & Svensson, Bradley & Musashi, Hanari & Genji and the returning Allied Hearts champions Chiyeko Kita and Kinuye Mushashibo.

Title defenses would include Kita & Musashibo defending against Tadeshi & Kamachi mid tour and then defending against Phoenix & Tai at the ending show, WHO It's Own Reward. Tsurayuki Kamachi would beat Chikafusa Tadeshi to defend his title at WHO It's Own Reward for the only Platinum Warrior Championship defense of the tour.

Match of the tour was the final WHO Allied Hearts match between Kita & Musashibo and Pheonix & Tai (D). Other good matches (all D-) included Amber Allen over Lion Genji, Smith & Svensson over Hanari & Genji, Unstoppable Tai over Amber Allen, Kita & Musashibo over Tadeshi & Kamachi, Yukiko Matsumara over Nigel Svensson, Tsyrayuki Kamachi over Musashi, Kita & Musashibo over Allen & Sada and the title match between Kamachi and Tadeshi.

Broken Battlefield Tour

The third tour of WHO's first year would see two top shows (D) at the second show of the tour and the final show of the tour WHO Last Man Standing. Lobo & Mushashibo would win three straight matches on the first three shows of the tour and then be given a title match which they won to wrest the WHO Allied titles from Kita & Mushashibo. This wasn't all bad for Chiyeko Kita who would take the WHO Platinum Warrior title from Tsurayuki Kamachi the next night and Last Man Standing.

Seven matches would reach the same heights as the llied Hearts match between Kita & Musashibo and Pheonix & Tai. Kamachi over Allen, Kamachi over Svennson, Kita over Mushashibo and Smith, the newly formed team of Smith & Kamachi over Pheonix & Tai, and three at Last Man Standing Mushashibo over Smith, Allen & Sada over Bradley & Svennson and Kita over Kamachi of the WHO Platinum Championship.

Bitter End Tour

The last tour of the year saw two notable events in WHO first the best match in the history of the promotion (D+) with Chiyeko Kita beating Amber Allen and the first person to walk away. Never claiming the loyalty to WHO as others had Bulldozer Brandon Smith jumped as his chance when global wrestling company SWF offered him a developmental contract. Smith did give WHO the honor of finishing out the tour (I cheated gave him a written with me so he could finish out).

Title matches for the tour only happened at last man standing. Chiyeko Kita defended her Platinum Warrior title against tag partner Kiuye Mushashibo and Solitario & Matsumara beat out Phoenix & Tai to keep their titles. With the matches on the card and pushing the show up to a full hour and a half WHO actually managed to sell out all 300 seats of Gumma Hall

Archived