Couple of Questions

This game is awesome, much more enjoyable than I found TEW. Anyways a couple of questions... Do promotions actually get bigger, go bankrupt, open etc.? I see we've gone back to the old EWR Global, National etc. but do promotions gain in size? Also is there a percentage of each level for promotions like in EWR? I was just wondering since it'd be uber-cool to stay in a smaller promotion and help them rise to the top. Also, how come the date is done like Monday, week 1. It's only a small thing and it doesn't really bother me too much but I would've thought it'd be better to have the date done normally? Still, great job on the game Adam, i'll definately be buying

Promotions can change size, but there is neither bankruptcy nor new openings - the same set of feds that start will be there throughout. The reason is that I'm a big fan of having feds build up records and having a distinct history, and I felt that you really lost that if you had them constantly appearing and disappearing. Plus, with no finance, there's no real way to tell if they're going bankrupt or not. The dates are changed (and will probably remain in this format for TEW2005) because it allows for events and contracts to be far more reliable, because the amount of days don't vary. For example, an event on November 28th might be a Sunday in 2004, but the next year it might be a Tuesday. So, you move it back two days to keep it on a Sunday - eventually those small corrections mean that events can end up two or three weeks away from where they really should be. Whereas, with the new system, you can keep it exactly where it is, because "Sunday, Week 4, November" is the same time every year. Having a guaranteed four weeks per month will also make finance much more stable in TEW, as you won't have some months where you have an extra set of events compared to others, which made financial forecasting for the AI a real nightmare. In short, it helps make games far more stable in every respect, and I felt that for the average player, the choice between a perfect representation of a real calendar or a super-stable game is a pretty easy choice.

Archived