Any use in stats?

Looks like the stats have no use at all. I made an all A* character and am losing to openers/lower midcarders/etc.

To those who I shouldn`t lose with A* stats. So what`s the problem? I doubt that it`s my moveset, it`s just fine, I used it with my legitamate characters and was having winning streaks. With A* stats I shouldn`t have any problems in beating anybody. So what`s the damn problem?

I'd suggest consulting the help files, as you sound like you're not sure of how the game engine works - stats will increase or decrease the percentages involved when countering (as well as a few other elements), but they don't guarantee you a victory just because you've got better stats than your opponent, it's still down to your strategy and the element of chance based upon the percentages, plus the energy you have from your popularity rating. A character with a good move set, a hint of luck, and worse stats can absolutely beat someone with better stats, whether it's the AI or the human who is the underdog.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to give some information on what exactly is happening in the matches, as you've given no indication of where your problems lie.

Archived