Post and Flys Completed for Small Gains

Its just a small gripe but I have seen numerous times where post patters and fly patters whether by the receivers or the TE's have been completed for gains of 0-1-2 yards. I am not sure what logic is used for gains on patterns, but this is one I have seen that isnt too realistic.

Is it possible the QB went to a checkdown receiver? I know each play has a primary target, but I have noticed that when the PBP say he is "looking, looking, looking" the pass usually goes to a secondary option. I have noticed short gains when I have called long passes and this has been why for me.

I would tend to agree with you byu14, but what about the when the primary target is the receiver. I've noticed that happens sometimes with me and I think that I've got a great play and then it comes up to be a short gain. I've also noticed that the pbp will say that a running back gets hit but get a few yards and then the result of the play is "no gain". What's up with that?

[QUOTE=gopokes]I would tend to agree with you byu14, but what about the when the primary target is the receiver. I've noticed that happens sometimes with me and I think that I've got a great play and then it comes up to be a short gain. I've also noticed that the pbp will say that a running back gets hit but get a few yards and then the result of the play is "no gain". What's up with that?[/QUOTE] Maybe they mean inches :) Good catch then Pokes, I have never had it happen with the primary receiver.........and speaking of Bugs look at us, BYU and Wyoming fans chatting amicably....what the Hell is up with that? :)

Archived