A beginners guide to making a technical wrestler

Guest StoicSage

Guest StoicSage

<p>Alright, well first I would like to say that I just bought this game like a few days ago and at first I could not win any matches at all untill I finally developed a strategy which became so effective that I started having a winning streak. For the people out there who wish to at least see one beginners strategy that works so that maybe they could improve on it or you just wish to understand one strategy to help you understand how deep this game is so that the understanding could maybe help you create other strategies, well read on.</p><p> </p><p>

The first thing you need to do when you create a character is to obviously make your wrestler a technical wrestler so that you could gain it's technical stats and if you would do what I did, you would choose the legend option which makes your character be a bit better than most rookies out there and at the same time make your wrestler have potential to become a legend. Then once you start the game the first thing you do is to sign up in three wrestling promotions if you wish to do what I did in order to get more wrestling matches per month. I myself believe that you should sign up in MAW, 21CW and CZCW.</p><p> </p><p>

Now the fun part, I am gonna describe to you what moves to get and what is the strategy to how to win matches with those moves. Here are the moves you should have in your arsenal:</p><p> </p><p>

TECHNICAL - STANDING - LOW</p><p>

Side Headlock Takedown</p><p>

Single leg trip</p><p> </p><p>

TECHNICAL - GROUND - LOW</p><p>

western spinner toe hold</p><p>

knee pull</p><p> </p><p>

TECHNICAL - GROUND - MEDIUM</p><p>

bow and arrow lock</p><p> </p><p>

TECHNICAL - GROUND - FINISHER</p><p>

scorpion deathlock</p><p> </p><p>

TECHNICAL - REBOUND - LOW</p><p>

hip toss</p><p> </p><p>

TECHNICAL - CORNER - LOW</p><p>

corner knife edge chop</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Now here is the strategy:</p><p> </p><p>

The Side Headlock Takedown and Single leg trip attacks are moves that have a high frequency rate and the whole point of using them is for two reasons only. The first reason is that you could use the Side Headlock Takedown attack to counter upper body strikes and charging upper body strikes while the single leg trip attack is used to counter the lower body strikes and charging lower body strikes. Remember, you are a technical wrestler which means that you are really good at countering attacks so if I were you I would try to counter with those attacks every chance I get. The second reason is because not only are they used to counter but you also need to use them to get your opponents down so that you can do your ground moves. I suggest you should use the single leg trip attack to bring people down though because it has a higher frequency rate in making you have a better chance of succeeding in executing the move.</p><p> </p><p>

Now once you bring your opponent down with that move, I suggest you use knee pull a bunch of times till your momentum is high enough to do the medium momentum move because the move itself has a very high frequency rate and it also does a decent amount of damage. Then you should once in a while use the bow and arrow lock attack while you keep on using knee pull because it only has a 45 percent frequency rate but does do a LOT of damage for such medium momentum move since it can do about 40 damage to all four body sections which is extremely powerful for only a medium momentum attack. Then once you reach the height of your momentum, you should start using the western spinner toe hold on him to lower his moral till you have the option to use the scorpion deathlock to finish him off.</p><p> </p><p>

Now you problebly want to know why I wish to fight in the ground rather than fighting standing up, well here is the beauty of it. As you try to get momentum by always using the knee pull attack a bunch of times, the only way that your opponent could counter it is if he blocks or slips out front or slips out back and throughout the whole entire time I used this strategy, the computer always tend to just block a lot instead of the other two counters when I am the attacker. Even if he does succeed in blocking the first time, he will just get up and then I would just get another chance in doing the single leg trip again in taking him down and then continue on in what I want to do to him on the ground. This strategy works real well against people who depend on that dodge counter, people who use that counter that uses your power to counter and even people who usually use the break counter in order to be the attacker. </p><p> </p><p>

The aim in winning the fight is that you should have maximum amount of momentum, your opponent should have all his health depleted and he should also have weak momentum with the help of that western spinner toe hold you do on him and then you should aim in doing the scorpion deathlock move over and over again till you could actually hit him with it since it has such a low frequency rating. </p><p> </p><p>

Maybe this is not the most effective strategy in winning with a technical wrestler since I only use technical movies with this strategy but at least you do not have to use the strong style or the high flying or the weapon using styles in order to win matches because those other types of moves I mention will just lower your character's life span. Also, chances are, you are probably not gonna be strong enough to do the power moves on all your opponents so why even bother getting your character to learn those moves also.</p><p> </p><p>

I am not saying I am an expert or anything, I myself am still trying to learn more about the game but I at least wanted to help some people who are frustrated with the game because they think the game is too hard. </p><p> </p><p>

thank you.</p>

I love being a technician. Every match that I start attacking, I use Top Wristlock, Hammerlock, Side Headlock, Side Headlock Takedown, Arm Bar, Body Scissors in that order, and 7/10 times, I get all of those moves in continuity, (9/10 up to Arm Bar). Whenever I start on defence, I go straight to an Arm Drag and ground moves when I get offense. What do you guys use when you're a technician?

Guest StoicSage
Well, with any fighting style, if you focus on a single body part, you'll enjoy more success.

Well the strategy I put up focuses on doing the most damage on the legs because I would constantly do knee pull a lot to get a lot of momentum as well as the western spinner toe hold to lower the enemy's momentum once my momentum is high enough. Even my finisher does damage on the legs.

Archived