Dott:macw 1983

<p>Heading into 1983, Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling has become one of the hottest promotions in the United States and is one of main territories in the NWA. </p><p> </p><p>

Ric Flair is the current NWA World Heavyweight Champion and has held the belt for over a year now. Flair has faced all comers and somehow finds a way to come out on top and retain the belt night after night. </p><p> </p><p>

While Flair continues to defend his title, Former 6 time World Champion Harley Race has come back and has vowed to regain the belt that was once his. Can Race make one more comeback and dethrone the popular young flair and regain the world title??? </p><p> </p><p>

Sgt. Slaughter and Pvt. Don Kernodle enter 1983 as the NWA World Tag Teams and have begun a big feud with Former 2 time Tag Team Champions Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood. </p><p> </p><p>

Steamboat and Youngblood have come close a few times to regaining the belts but have come up short. Sarge and Kernodle have vowed to end the careers of the the popular duo.</p><p> </p><p>

The Tag team division has became even stronger with the addition of the Brisco Brothers,The Funks,, and a couple of new teams who are soon to be making their MACW debut and plan on making some noise. </p><p> </p><p>

The injury of Gene Anderson in 1982 caused Ole Anderson to have to look for a new tag team partner. Ole found a partner in Stan Hansen. They Went on to win the NWA Tag Team Titles before Hansen left for a tour of Japan. Now Hansen is back and him and Ole look to regain the belts in the near future.</p><p> </p><p>

Greg Valentine is the United States Champion defeating Wahoo Mcdaniel back in November of 82. Valentine better be looking over his shoulder because not only is Wahoo chasing him, Roddy Piper is as well.</p><p> </p><p>

1983 is shaping up to be banner year as some newcomers are getting ready to enter the area as well as some old faces who have returned.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Can Ric Flair survive with Harley Race breathing down his neck??</p><p> </p><p>

How hot will the tag team race become in 83 and who will dethrone slaughter and Kernodle???</p><p> </p><p>

Who will be the newcomers and how will they effect MACW??</p><p> </p><p>

Who will be returning to the area???</p><p> </p><p>

Stay tuned!!!</p>

Mid-Atlantic Roster

Main Event

Ric Flair

Wahoo McDaneil

Harley Race

Dusty Rhodes

Jack Brisco

Upper Midcard

Greg Valentine

Roddy Piper

Ricky Steamboat

Sgt. Slaughter

Dory Funk jr

Terry Funk

Jerry Brisco

Ivan Koloff

Jay Youngblood

Don Kernodle

Ole Anderson

Midcard

Tully Blanchard

Gino Hernadez

The assassian

Mike Rotundo

Jimmy Vailant

Angelo Mosca sr.

Dick Slater

Bugsy Mcgraw

Dick Murdoch

Stan Hansen

Lower Midcard

Mark Youngblood

Angelo Mosca jr.

Openers/Enchanment

George South

Bill Mulkey

Gary Royal

Randy Mulkey

Itallian Stallion

Face

Heel

Tag Teams

Sgt. Slaughter& Pvt. Don Kernodle

Terry & Dory Funk

Rick Steamboat & Jay Youngblood

The Briscoes

The Dynamic Duo

The Texas Outlaws (Dusty Rhodes & Dick Murdoch

Ole Anderson & Stan Hansen

NWA World Heavyweight Champion

Ric Flair

Defeated Dusty Rhodes 9/17/1981 in Kansas City, Mo.

United States Heavyweight Champion

Greg Valentine

Defeated Wahoo Mcdaniel 11/04/1982 in Norfolk,VA

NWA World Tag Team Champions

Sgt. Slaugheter & Pvt. Don Kernodle

Awarded 9/1982

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion

Jack Brisco

Defeated Paul Jones 11/30/1982 in Columbia,SC

Mid Atlantic Televison Champion

Mike Rotundo

Defeated Leroy Brown 12/25/1982 in Charlotte,NC

Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champions

Vacant

TV Shows

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Announcers: Bob Caudle David Crockett

Weekly House Show: MACW In your town

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry It has took so but Ive been pretty busy and havent had a chance to do a show.

• 2 weeks later...

MACW IN YOUR TOWN

GREENVILLE MUNICIPAL AUDITORIUM GREENVILLE,SC

DAVID CROCKETT:" Good Evening wrestling fans and welcome to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling here in Greenville,SC. Tonight we have an action packed night as two titles will be on the line. Greg Valentine vs. Wahoo Mcdaneil for the US Title and In the Main Event Ric Flair will defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title against Jay Youngblood."

( Greg Valentine Makes his way up to the ring to a chorus of boos and grabs the mic from Crockett.)

Valentine: " All these people here in Greenville need to shut their mouths and show the United States Heavyweight Champion the respect he deserves.Every since I have won the US title I have had a thorn in my side. Someone who keeps whining and crying about how I cheated to win the title from him, A person who keeps coming back and trying to get this belt back and tonight I have to face him again. That person is that good for nothing overweight indian by the name of Wahoo McDaniel. Well Wahoo u just keep getting dumber by the minute because u know u cannot defeat me,u know u are not half the man or wrestler that I am. Tonight I am going to finish u off once and for all. No more title shots,im done with you. You think that time when I broke your little leg and put you out of wrestling for a while was something, well tonight I plan on finishing you once and for all and show these people that I am the greatest wrestler on the face of the planet and continue to climb to the top of the wrestling world."

(Valentine walks slams down the mic as he walks away)

Tully Blanchard

vs Gary Royal

This match was dominated by Blanchard from the start as tully attacks Royal from the opening bell. Tully starts out with kicks and punches.Blanchard then nails him with clothesline then hits him with a knee lift. Tully continues to beat on Royal for a while before finishing him off with a slingshot Suplex.

Winner: Tully Blanchard

Bob Caudle: "Tully if you dont mind, I would like to have a few words with you.I have to say that was an amazing showing by you."

Tully: " Well first off I dont need you telling me how amazing I am in the ring or these no good fans telling me how great I am. I know I am great. Everyone who has ever seen me in the ring knows it as well. I having came to the Mid-atlantic area for one reason and one reason only and that is to win gold. I have been champion in many different places before and it wont be long before I am wearing gold here as well. I dont if its the World,us,Mid Atlantic title, or even tag team. I am going to show every that I am unbeatable and nothing is going to stop me from getting what I want. I have always got what I want and it is not going to stop here. I dont care who is that gets in my way because I am the best wrestler and the best looking athlete that the Mid Atlantic area has ever seen. A fair warning to all the champions around here< be on the look out because Tully Blanchard is ready to take Mid Atlantic Wrestling by storm and dares anybody to try and stop him."

Texas Outlaws

vs. Ole Anderson and Stan Hansen

This match was a very Hard Hitting and Brutal Match by Both Teams. Rhodes and Murdoch started out real strong and got the upper early on Anderson and Hansen. The Outlaws used great team work and made quick tags early to keep the momentium going. Dusty then ended up getting in trouble as the team ofanderson and Hansen began to use double team tactics to punish the dream. They continued to beat on Dusty until he was finally able to make the tag to his partner. Murdoch came in hard and strong knocking down both men. Then all four men ended up getting in the ring and Dusty then Knocks Ole out of the Ring with a bionic elbow to the head. Murdoch Pins Stan Hansen after giving him a brainbuster.

Winners: Texas Outlaws

Greg Valentine

vs. Wahoo McDaniel

United States Heavyweight Title

Wahoo starts out early by jumping on Valentine. You can there is no love lost between these as the big indian hits Greg with some hard chops and them nails with a big clothes. Wahoo looks like a man on a mission as he continues to punish Valentine early with some hard rights and lefts and the delivers a big bodyslam on the US Champion. Early on Wahoo came close to getting a three count and becoming the United States Champion once again. Valentine would then deliver a cheap shot to the leg of Wahoo followed by a big elbow drop. Valentine would continue to wear down the same leg that he broke a few ago, but Wahoo will not quit. Wahoo would try to regain an advantage but keeps getting cut off by the champ. Valentine would then go for a knee to the head and miss. Wahoo then gets up and gets on the attack by hitting Valentine with chops and a clothesline. Both men keep exchaning blows as the match goes and then knocks Referee Tommy Young down. Wahoo then gives valentine a big chop to the head and goes for the pin. Wahoo then goes to check the ref as valentine grabs something out of his trunks. Wahoo goes back toward Valentine as Young starts to get up to his feet and is met by a vicious right hand from Valentine,who then puts the object back in his trunks. Young makes the three count and match is over

Winner and still US Champion: Greg Valentine

David Crockett: "I hope you fans here are enjoying a good night of Wrestling action. I would like to remind you to tune in to Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling every Saturday Night at 8:00 on your local televison station.Now Joining me is Jay Youngblood who will face Ric Flair in just a few moments for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship,Jay Glad to have u here before your big match"

Jay Youngblood: " Thanks David I am glad to be here tonight in front of all these great people and fans.First off I want to address the World Tag Team Champions Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle. My partner, Ricky Steamboat and Myself, as you know have came close many times to winning those belts and it seems every time we have them where we want them, they either get dq'ed or find a way to cheat and keep the belts. Well sarge,kernodle we are not giving up and there will come a day where we will belt you and become tag team champions.We will continue to be a thorn in your side boys. Now onto tonight. I consider it such an honor to face the best wrestler in the world today, Ric Flair. As many people know we are friends and I have the upmost respect for him. Tonight I am willing to give all it takes to try to become NWA World Champion. I know I am in for a fight and I am going to give my best shot tonight."

Crockett: "Thank you Jay and best of luck in your tite match

Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle vs.

Jimmy Valiant and Bugsy McGraw

Valiant and Bugsy try to get some offense early but are shortly cut off by the Tag champions. Slaughter and Kernodle just dominated and and punish both men. They showed no mercy and win the match when Slaughter forces McGraw to submit in the Cobra Clutch.

Winners: Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle

(Slaughter then grabs the mic from Crockett)

Sarge " Get those fat, no good pukes out of the ring right now. Listen up all you good for nothing maggots, Myself and kernodle just proved once again that we are the most dominating team in Mid Atlantic Wrestling and the Entire National Wrestling Alliance. We have beaten and dominated every team that has come our way. We have destroyed all the competition here and all over the country and still hold on to these tag team titles. Speaking of pukes and maggots. I heard that maggot jay youngblood coming out here crying and pouting about how many times they have come close to winning these belts. Well listen here, you two maggots close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, not in wrestling. You two punks keep getting in our way, I promise you that we will end your miserable careers. We have proved time and time again we are the better team and you have almost ran out of chances to takes these belts. You pukes are no competition to us. We are best tag team in the world today and we will be the champions until we decide to retire. You can bank on that maggots"

Jay Youngblood vs. Ric Flair

NWA World Heavyweight title match

This match had the making of a classic from the beginning. Jay started out to an early advantage, delievering clotheslines and drop kicks to the champ, sending flair out side to recover. Instead of going after him, Youngblood let flair back in the ring. Jay continued on the offense by putting flair in a side headlock and flair then would throw him into the ropes. Flair gets meet with a shoulder block and goes down. Jay meets him with a float over elbow. Near pinfall attempts for Youngblood . jay nailed flair with a cross body and got another near pinfall. Jay continues on the offense for a while until missing a knee drop. The champ then gets up grabs jay in a head lock and jay would throw him into the ropes and is met with a shoulder tackle. The World Champion then delievers a hip toss followed by a knee drop. Flair goes for a pin and Youngblood kicks out.Flair then picks him and takes him into the corner and chops him and throws him into the other corner. Flair would then charge and meet him with a clothesline folloewed by an elbow drop and another kickout by Youngblood.Flair then tries to slap the figure 4 on jay and is kicked into the ropes. Youngblood tries to get up and is met with a knee to the mid section by the champ.Jay Youngblood refuses to quit and is put in a chin lock by the champion. Youngblood then gives Flair a backdrop and both men end up down. Slowly they both get up to their feet and Jay gets a second wind. He meets flair and throws him into the ropes for delievers a clothesline and then a dropkick. Another near fall as Flair kicks out. Jay Picks him up and throws him into the ropes and delivers a back elbow followed by a leg drop. Flair barely kicks out. Flair hits him in the stomach and both men starting going at it. Exchanging chops and moves as the crowd is really into the match. They keep going at until Slaughter and Kernodle come in attack both men. They throw Flair out and started beating up on Youngblood. They throw him into the ropes and meet him with a double clothes line. They then nail youngblood with a chair and bust him open. Sarge and Kernolde put the chair on Jay's arm and are going to try and break before Ricky Steamboats storms into the ring and the tag team champs retreat to the locker room. Steamboat then helps Flair to his feet and they go to check in jay. As youngblood gets to his feet Flair grabs him by the shoulder and sticks out his hand. Youngblood shakes his hand and all three embrace.

NO Contest due to interference

Crockett: " thank you folks for coming out tonight and remember to watch Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling every Saturday Night at 8:00 on your local televison station"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys im sorry if this writing is not as good, I am new at this. If ne one could give me some tips, send me a PM.

Archived